Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl (18920 Views)

17-Year-Old IPOB Member Killed During Trump Rally In Port-Harcourt. Graphic Pics / Nigerian Army Denies Planning A Coup Against Buhari / Kano Denies Restricting Movement On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by naptu2: 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
[size=14pt]Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-Year Old Girl[/size]

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has dispelled rumors making the rounds on the Internet that he was planning to marry a 17-year daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa.

by SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK

Jan 06, 2015

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has dispelled rumors making the rounds on the Internet that he was planning to marry a 17-year daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa.

The Emir, a former Central Bank Governor of Nigeria who was forced out of office by President Goodluck Jonathan after he blew the whistle on billions of dollars in oil revenues that were reportedly not deposited by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), denied the marriage rumors while responding to questions sent by SaharaReporters via text messages and routed through one of his aides.

Responding to a question about marriage between adult men and underage girls, the Emir of Kano stated that he fully supports the right of children not to get forcibly married before attaining the constitutionally stipulated age of 18 years.

He further stated that he has not and will not contract a marriage with any woman under 18.

He said the stories making the rounds were only meant to know his intentions. While not totally ruling out the possibility of marrying a fourth wife, the Emir advised people to wait to see the real age of his wife if he decides to contract another marriage.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/06/emir-kano-denies-planning-marry-17-year-old-girl

10 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Na wa o

I thank the Lord Sarkin Iskoki for making it to the front page/first2comment and i thank all the Gods (Iska) for guiding my material shell in truth and spirit. I would also like to thank my parents for birthing me and my family and friends for supporting and being there for me .

I pray to the GODS under the guidance of our forefathers of Nigeria to free Our Land from the scourge and menace of islam and christianity and for the peaceful non-fanatic non-proseltysing religion of our forefathers and tribes to be restored bak on this sacred soil towards which all pilgrimage must be directed by those of pure heart and soul.

Lastly I pray to the holy Iskoki to free Hausa Bakwai from the clutches of these Fulani cattle herders of no royal stock who claim rule and dominance over this dominion of Sarkin Bayanjidda. My great nation that once held sway over the entire Trans-Saharan route now wastes precious time speculating over the number of young women these se.x-starved mallams vie over.

There is no so-called "Emir of Kano".

There can only be a Sarkin Kano as a Full-Blooded Hausa descendant of Sarkin Bayanjidda , our great progenitor.

We look towards our true Habe rulers in Daura, Kebbi-Argungu and Niger for guidance.

Long Live Nigeria.
Long Live Hausaland.
Long Live the Free Pagan Spirit.

#Nigeria4Paganism

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Firefire(m): 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
SLS further stated that he has not and will not contract a marriage with any woman under 18.

But you will not also advise your followers against it ?

[size=14pt]
Let us say NO to girl-child marriage in Nigeria.[/size]

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by babyfun(f): 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
I hope you are telling the truth....

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by gsparks01(m): 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
That's non of my business

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Wendyslim(f): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
undecided. He is learned so i believe he won't enter into such contract. lipsrsealed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by kolomax(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
kaiiiio bad Belle plenty oooo
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by calabaman(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ITS A LIE!!
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by koolet: 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
let rumors keep spreading
let corrupt leaders keep abusing
let GEJ keeps rocking-aso
and buhari keeps looking for his certificate

come next month i hear say na PDP winn ehnnn?? na to collect money wey mumsy owe me Escape kaduna ooooo +i would advice even all my enemies to do thesame.....

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by snowland(m): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
Its not a sin to marry na Mr Emir...

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by naptu2: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
The previous thread.

Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife

https://www.nairaland.com/2075728/emir-sanusi-set-take-17-year-old

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by emalek86(m): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
There is a truth in every rumour, I know u almost did it.
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Abbeyunique2(m): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
you see rumor mongers. they can do anything

5 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by bigtt76(f): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Correct man! I like this man die ...always on point grin

7 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by allisonluvsu(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
hmm
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by allisonluvsu(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
gsparks01:
That's non of my business
The moment they come for ur kid sister it will be ur business. angry

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by donklef(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Before nko!!
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by dre11(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Heheheh

Responding to a question about marriage between adult men and underage girls, the Emir of Kano stated that he fully supports the right of children not to get forcibly married before attaining the constitutionally stipulated age of 18 years.

He further stated that he has not and will not contract a marriage with any woman under 18.

He said the stories making the rounds were only meant to know his intentions.

The party or people that is spreading this rumours just to discredit sanusi because he exposed the 20billion dollars scam will never know peace

Do they think he is another cradle snatcher

5 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by sexymoma(f): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
An Educated Man For That Matter
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Luckygurl(f): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
Only time will tell undecided
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015

Sahara reporters been spreading rubbish since 15BC

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by allisonluvsu(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
snowland:
Its not a sin to marry na Mr Emir...
I am surprised at u. Let the number of slaps u will receive for this comment be counted by the like button.

16 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by allisonluvsu(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
Luckygurl:
Only time will tell undecided
The time is now bro
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Flets: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
Lol
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by lacasa: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
naptu2:
The previous thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2075728/emir-sanusi-set-take-17-year-old

Nigerian Media

ƗƚƗƚmmm... *smh*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by solex2agali(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
In any rumour, there will be element of truth there. Emir SLS, we hear u na.

Front page celebrated
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by 9jvirgin(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ounkpe wink if you like marry anybody. Iwo loni ishoro grin
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by allisonluvsu(m): 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Abbeyunique2:
you see rumor mongers. they can do anything
ok
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Luckygurl(f): 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
donmarvex:

Sahara reporters been spreading rubbish since 15BC
Re: Emir Of Kano Denies Planning To Marry 17-year Old Girl by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Unfortunately,only nairaland and the source the news was gotten from reported that story.

Seun should be mindful of topics that make front page.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Ikenga Ugochinyere, Saraki’s Aide Over Plot Against FG / Fulani Herdsmen, Opc Warns Buhari / Nigerians To Pay More For Fuel As NASS Passes PIGB, Imposes 5% Fuel Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.