Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,392 members, 7,954,570 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (877566 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Adi m fine. Kedu ihe n'eme nau. smiley
Nne, o nwe'e much. O tegokwa o. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Nne, o nwe'e much. O tegokwa o. smiley

Nne kwa Maka why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Nne kwa Maka why
Chai. Nna, sorry o. That was an error. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Chai. Nna, sorry o. That was an error. smiley

Ohkay. You're actually wanted to quote me or thought it was ATMC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
Charity is good. I am not calling for a return to witchhunting and indulgence-peddling. I am calling for responsibility, communal responsibility.

If we mess up, it is not the end of the world...unless we don't call it a mess-up. If you find a pregnant teen in your house, you don't need to throw her out on her ear or starve her or treat her like she's the cause of all the trouble in the world. Not only is that unnecessary, it is wicked.

What you must do is allow a bond to form where you can help heal her broken values and help her carry the burden of her error. Not that all those who fall into such errors will be very welcoming of such help. Do not underestimate human arrogance.

We all fail. We all make mistakes. Sometimes deliberately even. But as long as there is even a small possibility of restoration we should not just cut people away and mock them to death. We should get in there and help out. When you've tried and they don't want the help, you are free to walk away.

But to act as though even speaking and acting correctively is bad is inimical to the hope of the human race to ever arrive at our true humanity. The true human is no reckless, irresponsible föol who goes about messing things up and dumping responsibility on others. That is not true humanity. And we will never arrive at the world that can sustain and perpetuate life infinitely by actively regressing from that ideal.

That's my conclusion. I hope it's yours too.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Ohkay. You're actually wanted to quote me or thought it was ATMC?
Thought it was ATMC, bro.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
I'm taking a small break from the Christianity series right now. Will be back to posting on Wednesday evening. Please bear with me. Apologies to anyone who is adversely affected in some way.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
youngice:
please I am tired and confused and sad, I have this hole in my heart I feel with some "things" .
I heard something about sins towards the Holy spirit and about how they can't be forgiven .
-does this mean that salvation is not for every body , because if a sin can't be forgiven this implies that some people are destined to go to hell
- please what sin I classified as a sin against the holy spirit
- how can you know u have sinned against the holy spirit , because I've observed that nothing Christian really moves me again
Please mature CHRISTIAN COMMENTS ONLY
-----troubled Bros
PS whenever I try reading the bible I lose comprehension
Life happens in seasons. Just as there is day and night, so is the spiritual life of a Christian. Darkness comes with a vulnerability so keep away from men causing strife, and just wait for the dawn. Throwing empty punches in the air will make it worse. Wait for the time of replenishing, it always comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
This part of the series that we just got into is surprisingly difficult for me to write on. You see, it's hard to simplify it without making it long. And I don't want the lessons to be complex either.

Still, we'll proceed and see how it goes.

@FrancisTony, that discussion about Peter may have to wait indefinitely. For me, it's open-and-shut actually. You can see in that part of the series that contained it that I really anticipated many different objections - all, in fact - and addressed them. However, I realize how difficult it can be for a Roman Catholic to accept it without a fight. I have held my own idiosyncrasies and ideologies too before and I still hold some today. We don't give things like that up easily.

So I will still entertain the discussion. But I don't have the wherewithal to do so right now or in the very near future. Please bear with me.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
LESSON THIRTEEN...

Ok, why does God not rule directly? The answer is that He does.

The difficulty that I had preparing this lesson is that that question has an answer that is remarkably difficult to explain simply.

You see, I AM, the God of Christians, is not a being of isolation. From eternity past, He has always been a fellowship and a harmony. He has never been solitary or alone. There have always been the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit in perfect fellowship. Christianity says deliberately that God is Love and this is how it can say so. Love necessarily requires more than one element. There must be that which loves and that which is loved.

So God is not aloof from creation. He has never been and does not intend to be.

Try to follow the Bible a bit. He created man and frequently came to spend time with Him in the Garden. He threw man out of the Garden when man became corrupt yet He maintained close contact with him afterward. Remember Cain. Remember Lamech. Remember Abel and Seth. Remember Noah. Remember Abraham and the visiting angels.

At no time do we have reason to think that God wants to be separated or at a distance from His creation. Intimacy has always been His Way.

So now that He raises a Christ, would He do different? Do you see God actually putting up one more roadblock between creation and Himself?

Take a thought on that. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mcseagroup: 6:12am On Oct 23, 2014
Interested in studying the word of God?
Join us as we study the bible at www.biblelearners.webs.com
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Realwvn(m): 9:00am On Oct 23, 2014
Top 10 (ten) Lies Men Tell Women - http:///8kW5WWz6tg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by malvisguy212: 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

no
i believe you'er an athiest, i just want to ask you some qustions, i wuld'av love to open a thread on this but i feel gulty whenever i made a coment and the atheist use it to mock God some even blasphemy the name, just emerging it when i open a thread.

My qustion:
1.can temptation lead to the existence of God?
2.when you are tempted,what causes it?
3.what you hate to do,but when ever the opportunity of doing it comes to you, and you do it,what makes you do it? Dont you think there must be a force that makes you do such a things?
4.atheist dont believe in spiritualism, but you do what you hate to do,surly there must be a spiritual force, dont you think so?

There are sooo many qustion i have, but this will do for the main time.
Thank you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by malvisguy212: 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
ihedinobi2:
This part of the series that we just got into is surprisingly difficult for me to write on. You see, it's hard to simplify it without making it long. And I don't want the lessons to be complex either.

Still, we'll proceed and see how it goes.

@FrancisTony, that discussion about Peter may have to wait indefinitely. For me, it's open-and-shut actually. You can see in that part of the series that contained it that I really anticipated many different objections - all, in fact - and addressed them. However, I realize how difficult it can be for a Roman Catholic to accept it without a fight. I have held my own idiosyncrasies and ideologies too before and I still hold some today. We don't give things like that up easily.

So I will still entertain the discussion. But I don't have the wherewithal to do so right now or in the very near future. Please bear with me.
brother, God bless you for all the teaching,i salute you with heavenly hug.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hmm Ihedinobi2 I was about to ask a question on your se.xual immorality posts and you preempted that with an answer in your last post on the series. Nice.

Hope you have all these series on a blog or diary section?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
An0nimus:
Hmm Ihedinobi2 I was about to ask a question on your se.xual immorality posts and you preempted that with an answer in your last post on the series. Nice.

Hope you have all these series on a blog or diary section?
I did? I'm glad. And maybe a little disappointed too. I would have loved to hear it anyway. cheesy sad

No I don't. No collections just yet. What I do sometimes is share them on my Facebook page. But you've just given me a spark of a thought.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
malvisguy212:
brother, God bless you for all the teaching,i salute you with heavenly hug.
God bless you too, bro. Thank you for your encouragement.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshuadon: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
may God continue to enrich us with his love,mercy and grace

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Good teachings. Bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello peeps, its been a while. I ve been watching frm sidelines.
Ihedinobi2 well done
everybody hii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihedinobi2 well done
everybody hii wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by malvisguy212: 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
There are times in your life when you just cannot see Jesus. The cares
and worries you face each day seem to obscure your view of
Christ. Sometimes you wonder if He is there at all. Occasionally, you
even question if He is real. You look for Him, wait for Him, cry out to
Him, and pray for something.....anything...to give you hope. When
those times come, know that you are not alone. Every single Christian who is serious
about following Jesus wrestles with this reality; we know He is there
but sometimes He seems invisible. Consider this...
"In putting everything under Jesus, God left nothing that is not subject
to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him."
Hebrews 2:8 There is no doubt, then, that Jesus is there, that He is in complete
control, and that all things are under His authority and sovereignty.
This is God's promise to us. But we don't actuallysee everything
working out the way we think it should, so we question His presence
and doubt His loving affection. What do you do when you don't see
Jesus? YOU LOOK AT THE CROSS. "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor
because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste
death for everyone." Hebrews 2:9 You can see Jesus by looking at
what He did for you when He died in
your place. You can see Jesus by gazing long and hard at the cross. You
can see Jesus by meditating on the crucifixion and contemplating His suffering. When you don't see Jesus, just remember His bloody, broken
body
hanging on a tree on a hill outside the city of Jerusalem. Then you will
see Jesus as He really is. Loving. Giving. Serving. Dying. Sacrificing.
Laying His life down for yours. In seeing His death, you see His glory
and His beauty. Look at Jesus by looking at the cross. Stop looking for Jesus only in your present circumstance. Look for Him
in the place where He proved His love once and for all.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
yetseyi:
Ihedinobi2 well done
everybody hii wink
Hey 'Seyi. So good to see you. It's been a very long time. How've you been?

And thank you smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
muafrika:
Good teachings. Bless you.
God bless you too, bro.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Hey 'Seyi. So good to see you. It's been a very long time. How've you been?

And thank you smiley

been good. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
@obidike...I LOVE YHU.
@yetseyi...hismiley
@franksmileysmiley...ofthesweetestcrew
@hbd...maybe we should have a teaparty?

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 12:06am On Oct 26, 2014
I digress.

Question for all. If we can look at each number separately. Happy Sundaysmiley

lastchild:
Someone please answer these questions for me,does being born again allow someone to do all these things?

1.. Listen or do rap music
2.. Have premarital sex when the urge comes
3... Have dreadlocks
4... Have tattoos
5... Hang out with friends who are not born again

Thanks
www.nairaland.com/1962419/does-being-born-again-allow#27440996
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 26, 2014
^^I think it's only number two that's wrong or maybe number four also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello people smiley

Francistony, how are you?
Anonimus, I hope all is well.
ATMC, nne oma, hope you're doing good.
HBG, where are you?
Yetseyi, long time. Trust your life is still as beautiful.
Ihedinobi2, your lessons have been helpful. I think I had a question some time back, but not quite sure I remember what it's about anymore. More wisdom.

I'm sure there are people missing on my greetings list, so ho everyone again.

3 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
UjSizzle:
Hello people smiley

Francistony, how are you?

I'm good.

Have a blissful sunday and wonderful week ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
An0nimus:
I digress.

Question for all. If we can look at each number separately.

I disagree with only number two...

Rap is okay... Tattoos are okay.... Hanging out with those who aren't born again is okay so long as you're sure of your identity in Christ.... Dreadlocks are at times naturally given, it's harmless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — A Child With A Difference / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.