Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830693 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
@Yetseyi, I'm glad smiley

@ATMC, I love yhu too grin kiss

@UjSizzle, thank you. I'm glad to know that they have been. You can share that question whenever you remember it and any other you come up with. It would be awesome if you do.

@An0nimus's question, except for number 2 which is obviously wrong regardless what the situation is, all the questions are a matter of context. There are situations in which listening to and doing rap music will violate the testimony of Christ. I can't be prescriptive about this but I can tell you that it matters where you are, who's there and why you're doing it for that.

Same thing with dreadlocks, tattoos and hanging out with unbelievers. It always matters what the context is in those cases.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by louisse: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
Praise the lord. It is good to serve the lord. How was service today everyone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2014
Just got back home after a lengthy jog... one's gotta keep fit..

Hope y'all are great..... Have a splendid day ahead....

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Havilah93(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2014
As you start this new week, in whatever you do, don't ever give up. Even though it may seem difficult and you feel like throwing in the towel, look within yourself. You're capable!

New post: Stopping Self doubt

@ www.havilah93.

Have a great week ahead
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
@an0nimus...A christian is 'a follower of Christ'...Christ hung out with unbelievers.
These include 'rappers'.
As for tattoo...I don't know o
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello everyone;

@ ATMC, that sounds cool, hook me up let's plan and since you came up with the idea, hit up the moderators and get the permission then we are good to go.

@Uj_sizzle; still around, just hiding in the shark's belly. You've been so silent too.

@Ihedinobi, I've been a silent reader, thank for taking your time to share and educate us. I really enjoyed the articles, especially about teenagers getting pregnant while still young, well you were kinda sharing my own story. It took me back to five years back when I was naïve and thinking I was smarter than everyone.

Oh well, that was then...

@thesweetestcrew how far naw?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
@ the question asked;

#2 is the only one that's forbidden as in thrown upon.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a tattoo, what's important is what's drawn on it or what it potrays.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
@hbg...u be mod na,wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
ATMC:
@hbg...u be mod na,wink
not in this section o
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
ATMC:
@an0nimus...A christian is 'a follower of Christ'... Christ hung out with unbelievers.
These include 'rappers'.

As for tattoo...I don't know o

Sorry O,

What made you to arrive at this conclusion that rappers are 'unbelievers'?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Sorry O,
What made you to arrive at this conclusion that rappers are 'unbelievers'?
u noticed it was in quote abi?btw I saw ur nomination o...what made u do so?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
not in this section o
okay...I will get back to u shaa
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
ujuuu...ur eyes...I wan chop am. I should geh fork n knife?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
ATMC:
u noticed it was in quote abi?btw I saw ur nomination o...what made u do so?

To contest nau!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
ATMC:
okay...I will get back to u shaa
thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
ATMC:
ujuuu...ur eyes...I wan chop am. I should geh fork n knife?
Whatchu need a fork and knife for? You can just pop it into your mouth like a lollipop

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello everyone,its been a while. Well done Ihe,i am blessed by your epistles,keep it up.
About tatoo,i don't think its okay,the Bible talked about it somewhere in the OT that nothing shld be written or inscribed on body?no?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
Mintayo:
Hello everyone,its been a while. Well done Ihe,i am blessed by your epistles,keep it up.
About tatoo,i don't think its okay,the Bible talked about it somewhere in the OT that nothing shld be written or inscribed on body?no?
Including tribal marks tongue.....IMO, there is nothing wrong with tattoos generally. But I won't encourage it for Christians in this part of the world because of the kind of message it sends and the perception. In other not to cause believers with weaker conscience to stumble, it is better avoided. Yes, knowledge makes us feel free but love is what strengthen the church.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Daimhill: 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2014

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 7:35am On Oct 28, 2014
dagr8:

Including tribal marks tongue.....IMO, there is nothing wrong with tattoos generally. But I won't encourage it for Christians in this part of the world because of the kind of message it sends and the perception. In other not to cause believers with weaker conscience to stumble, it is better avoided. Yes, knowledge makes us feel free but love is what strengthen the church.
You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead,nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.(Leviticus 19:28)
Again,the Bible says our body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost, do you think tattooing the body will glorify the temple of God? I see it as a desecration of God's Temple. To me, its a stain,a blemish!
Good Morning all!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
nice thread....following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mintayo:

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead,nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.(Leviticus 19:28)
Again,the Bible says our body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost, do you think tattooing the body will glorify the temple of God? I see it as a desecration of God's Temple. To me, its a stain,a blemish!
Good Morning all!
Hey, Minty, It is important to note that in Lev19:28 the context of the passage was clearly related to false religious practices and is not that of body decoration and other cosmetic body modifications but one of marking one's self in connection with religious worship,God was specifically telling Israel to stay far from the religious practices of the surrounding people groups.
But, today tattoo is a decorative means of self expression and personal decoration. There is something called lale which the Hausa's use which is similar to tattoos and is also for ornamentation aimed to beautify their looks just like applying eye pencil. Christians have the liberty to modify their appearance for beauty in many ways such as clothing choice, makeup,correcting a club foot, plastic surgery, hair cutting and colouring, weight loss, body-building, ear piercing.etc
Tattoo is not for everyone, and is certainly not for a Christian who feels uncomfortable with it.I totally agree with that. But to generalize and say it is a way of defiling God's temple, you may be wrong. If you see the emboldened part of your post you will discover the "I"s and "Me" as regard definition of defiling the temple not as the Bible stated it in I Cor 6:18,19.Believe me, Is just your perception and largely what you have been taught.
Having say that, i reiterate what i posted earlier,I won't encourage it for Christians in this part of the world.

4 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
dagr8:

Hey, Minty, It is important to note that in Lev19:28 [/b]the context of the passage was clearly related to false religious practices and is not that of body decoration and other cosmetic body modifications but one of marking one's self in connection with religious worship,[b][/b]God was specifically telling Israel to stay far from the religious practices of the surrounding people groups.
But, today tattoo is a decorative means of self expression and [b]personal decoration
. There is something called lale which the Hausa's use which is similar to tattoos and is also for ornamentation aimed to beautify their looks just like applying eye pencil.[/b] Christians have the liberty to modify their appearance for beauty in many ways such as clothing choice, makeup,correcting a club foot, plastic surgery, hair cutting and colouring, weight loss, body-building, ear piercing.etc [b]
Tattoo is not for everyone, and is certainly not for a Christian who feels uncomfortable with it.I totally agree with that. But to generalize and say it is a way of defiling God's temple, you may be wrong. If you see the emboldened part of your post you will discover the "I"s and "Me" as regard definition of defiling the temple not as the Bible stated it in I Cor 6:18,19.Believe me, Is just your perception and largely what you have been taught.

Having say that, i reiterate what i posted earlier,I won't encourage it for Christians in this part of the world.

hmm @ bolded hmmmm
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
dagr8:

Hey, Minty, It is important to note that in Lev19:28 the context of the passage was clearly related to false religious practices and is not that of body decoration and other cosmetic body modifications but one of marking one's self in connection with religious worship,God was specifically telling Israel to stay far from the religious practices of the surrounding people groups.
But, today tattoo is a decorative means of self expression and personal decoration. There is something called lale which the Hausa's use which is similar to tattoos and is also for ornamentation aimed to beautify their looks just like applying eye pencil. Christians have the liberty to modify their appearance for beauty in many ways such as clothing choice, makeup,correcting a club foot, plastic surgery, hair cutting and colouring, weight loss, body-building, ear piercing.etc
so as to make the long story short, those ladies who have their eyebrows tattooed are so damn doomed to hell? Please elaborate Sir.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
so as to make the long story short, those ladies who have their eyebrows tattooed are so damn doomed to hell? Please elaborate Sir.

No they aren't... He made mention of it being a sin to you if you're uncomfortable with your decision.

Whatever you believe is wrong becomes a sin to you when you indulge in it.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2014
@Ujsizzle Nne I'm good jare. The ministry is moving slower than expected but there's a movementsmiley

@all thanks for the response so far.
Obviously #2 is totally off. No grey areas there.

#1 is relative. Some people are cool with it and it doesn't really affect their relationship with God (especially Christian rap) and vice versa. I doubt one can listen to or do hard core underground rap for long and still feel alright spiritually. I won't. They're some Christians (even mainstream gospel music artists) who still feel 'Christian rap' as a genre is somewhat unchristian. Different opinions.

Dreads are getting more accepted in churches now. Especially the new age ones. I go soon follow carry dada sef grin

There's nothing wrong in relating with 'unbelievers' just know your boundaries as one that is redeemed and is called to be a salt on the earth

Dagr8 and mintayo I'm learning from your convo on tattoos. Just imagine a Nigerian pastor preaching with a visible tattoo grin

All in all, if eating meat will cause another to fall it is better not to eat it.

ATMC what are you being nominated for? Miss religion section? tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2014
oh and gumoreen everyone...

vickyo you jogged today?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 8:25am On Oct 29, 2014
vickyO:

No they aren't... He made mention of it being a sin to you if you're uncomfortable with your decision.

Can we say it the other way? Your last statement?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2014
dagr8:

i read through that Leviticus,i didnt see anything like that,like its a religious practices. Let me follow your logic here, tattoo is a practice by other religion,do you think it then glorifies God. Do you know that sme pagans use tattoo as a form of worship to their idols? So are you actually in support of body modification?
But, today tattoo is a decorative means of self expression and personal decoration. There is something called lale which the Hausa's use which is similar to tattoos and is also for ornamentation aimed to beautify their looks just like applying eye pencil.
i know about lale. Ok. Can we classify Lale as a tattoo.
Christians have the liberty to modify their appearance for beauty in many ways such as clothing choice, makeup,correcting a club foot, plastic surgery, hair cutting and colouring, weight loss, body-building, ear piercing.etc
like yetseyi,i will just say hmmm. Christains ar not at liberty to modify their body,it is not scriptural. Some of these things are worldly things,they are things the world do,we christains are not to be part of it. The Bible says we are beautifully and wonderfully made! We are created in God's image and likeness,modifying your body,to me(i mean the revelation that i had) is synonymous to saying that God didnt create you well. We are not of this world,we shouldn't do what the world is doing. Sometimes ago, a popular lady died as a result of a surgrey or let me say modification she wana made to her bumbum,to make her bumbum big,are you saying christains are at liberty to do that?
Tattoo is not for everyone, and is certainly not for a Christian who feels uncomfortable with it.
so if he feels comfortable wit it,it should go ahead? If i feel comfortable with fornication,i can go ahead?
I totally agree with that. But to generalize and say it is a way of defiling God's temple, you may be wrong. If you see the emboldened part of your post you will discover the "I"s and "Me" as regard definition of defiling the temple not as the Bible stated it in I Cor 6:18,19.Believe me, Is just your perception and largely what you have been taught.
It is not my perception sir, neither is it what i was taught,its what i was shown. Its a revelation i caught. Sometimes ago,i heard a man preaching that tattooing is not wrong,that men piencing their ears and using earings is not wrong,i knew the man was wrong,i had to do my personal study and i see that these things are wrong for christains. We are vessels unto God,vessels unto honour,all these things does not glorify God.
why not? Why would you permit it for christains from other part of the world?
When i was granted admission,we went for screening,we were asked to put of our clothes,the panelists were looking at our body for tattoos,if you have any form of tattoos in your body,thats the end,no admission for you,imagine that scenerio,thats a school,a worldly school for that matter,lol.
I still stand on my conviction tattoing the body is not for christains!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
An0nimus:
oh and gumoreen everyone...

vickyo you jogged today?

Yes, I did..
Mintayo:

Can we say it the other way? Your last statement?

Yes... and by that I mean customs and traditions of men....

Tattoos in Levticus 19:28 was in relation to the pagan practice of tattooing in connection to funeral rites....
In The book of Revelations 19:12/16 you see that on Christ's forehead and thigh something's were written which is more like a tattoo. The one written in his thigh says King of kings and Lord of lords which perfectly describes Him.
So tattooing for Christians is a mode of self expression and worship... I can tattoo on my body a Bible text that I love, the name of a loved one, a word that means so much to me... The tattoos on me then describes who I am, A Creation of God and a Believer.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
vickyO:

Yes... and by that I mean customs and traditions of men....
Tattoos in Levticus 19:28 was in relation to the pagan practice of tattooing in connection to funeral rites...
Okay.
In The book of Revelations 19:12/16 you see that on Christ's forehead and thigh something's were written which is more like a tattoo. The one written in his thigh says King of kings and Lord of lords which perfectly describes Him.
Lol. I found this kinda funny. I believe this is a guess work,no where was it stated that it was a tatoo,its just your own idea and perception. In somewhere in Isaiah,God said,He has inscribe us in the palm of His hands? Is that a tattoo too? What kinda tattoo will JESUS make on His thigh and forehead? What kinda machine or equipment will make that? If you say its an inscription,maybe i will agree with that,but it can never be a tatto!
So tattooing for Christians is a mode of self expression and worship... I can tattoo on my body a Bible text that I love, the name of a loved one, a word that means so much to me... The tattoos on me then describes who I am, A Creation of God and a Believer.
Are there no better ways to worship or express oneself? I don't think its also scriptural to use tattoo as a form of worship. The Bible says "i am a Son of God,that I am a Believer", I don't have to tatto my body to show that!
Anyways, whatever rocks your boat,but to me,there is nothing Christlike in tattooing!
Romans 12:1-2 should comes to mind!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
vickyO:

Hmmmmm, then. The bible tells us of things to avoid as Christians, how to live etc but others completely live the opposite meaning if they are fine with clubbing and it doesn't bug them they can go, smoking weed, drinking and fornicating? It all has to do with conscious right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.