Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830782 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: THURSDAY 16th FEBRUARY 2017 THEME: THE GOD OF INCREASE Memorise: Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter and should greatly increase. Job 8:7 Read: Genesis 1:26-28 (KJV) 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. MESSAGE: In the beginning, although the Almighty God had the vision of man filling the whole earth, He decided to actualise it through the law of increase. It is amazing that the whole world came forth from one man and woman. Our God is a God of increase. If you want anything that will increase in life, you have to source for it from the Almighty God, and use His approach and not that of the world to actualise it. Whatever is from the Lord will always stand the test of time. If God gives you an idea, He expects it to bring increase to your life. If God gives you a blessing, He also expects it to increase. When Adam knew his wife, a seed was planted in her which became a tree (Genesis 4:1). This is the more reason why you need to draw close to God so that He can sow a seed in your life that will become a reference point to generations yet unborn. If you sow to your flesh, you will reap destruction, but if you sow to the Holy Spirit, your increase will be till eternity (Galatians 6:cool. The fact that God wants you to increase does not mean you can do things that contravene His commandments to get his increase. The fact that God wants increase does not mean He allows polygamy. God has never been in a hurry to populate the earth, therefore His design is one man, one wife. Sex with anyone other than your spouse means you are throwing your most precious seed into the wrong soil. An adulterer is a person in bondage! Such a person lacks understanding of the fact that he or she is sowing seeds that only lead to poverty, destruction and eventual shame. There are some men whose children are out of school due to non-payment of fees, and yet they are sowing their seed into the lives of concubines. Such men are already on the path of destruction unless they come to the saving grace of Jesus. If you are involved in this, you better ask God for mercy before it is too late. God is the One who gives increase after a seed has been sown; therefore we must always remember to give thanks to Him for all the successes He brings our way (1 Corinthians 3:6). If you are excelling in your chosen field, give God the glory. If things are working out for you in your career, give Him the glory. While some people grow rapidly in the things of God, some do not. One variable that determines this is the level of hunger in their hearts. There must always be a hunger in your heart to be better than what you are now. There is a better you in the mind of God, and so, refuse to remain small. Continue to develop yourself by acquiring relevant skills. Increase your knowledge base so that your earning capacity can also increase. If things have not been working out in your life, do a self-appraisal. In other words, check yourself. Soak yourself in God’s word and occupy your mind with passages of Scripture that can address your area of stagnation. You will increase in Jesus’ Name. Prayer Point: Father, let my increase begin today. BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 16-17 and Isaiah 38:20-40:5 AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 6:44am On Feb 16, 2017
Culled from Holy Bible App.

Matthew 10:32-11:15

2. Embrace sacrifice

Matthew 10:32 – 11:15

Jesus calls on his disciples to be willing to sacrifice everything for his sake: ‘Anyone who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me’ (10:37). Your love for Jesus should exceed even the greatest love you have for those closest to you.

Jesus continues, ‘Those who do not take up their cross and follow me are not worthy of me. Those who find their lives will lose them, and those who lose their lives for my sake will find them’ (vv.38–39). Perhaps this is what the apostle Paul means when he urges us ‘to offer [our] bodies as a living sacrifice’ (Romans 12:1).

This is the way in which you discover God’s will for your life, ‘his good, pleasing and perfect will’ (v.2). If you want God to use you more, if you want to accelerate, you must be willing to embrace this kind of sacrifice.

Nothing you do in the service of Jesus is wasted. Jesus says, ‘Give a cool cup of water to someone who is thirsty, for instance. The smallest act of giving or receiving makes you a true apprentice. You won’t lose out on a thing’ (Matthew 10:42, MSG).

Martin of Tours (AD 316–397) was Bishop of Tours, France, from AD 371. One very cold night, riding on horseback, he passed a beggar. Martin got off his horse, tore his robe in two and gave half of it to the beggar. That night, Martin had a dream in which he saw Jesus wearing the robe that had been torn in two on his shoulders. When asked where it had come from, Jesus replied, ‘My servant Martin gave it to me.’

In the immediate context in Matthew, the sacrifice Jesus is referring to may be simply being identified with him in a hostile world. He says, ‘Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven’ (vv.32–33).

‘Acknowledging’ Jesus can lead to opposition and difficulties. For many of the first disciples it literally meant ‘taking up their cross and following me’ (v.38), even to death. For us the cost may be different but we are called to the same radical commitment to Jesus.

Prayer:

"Lord, help me to embrace sacrifice. Help me to be willing to take up my cross and follow you. Help me to be willing to be identified with you and not ashamed to acknowledge you whatever the circumstances. Today I offer you my body as a living sacrifice."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by giztzone(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2017
Gospel MUSIC: Olamigreat – Looks [Download] || @olamigreat
download here
====> http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/02/olamigreat-looks.html

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
FRIDAY 17th FEBRUARY,2017
ACCEPTABLE SERVICE
MEMORISE:
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27

READ:
Romans 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
John 18:19 and Isaiah 40:6-23

In these end times, the Lord is looking for those who are ready to consecrate themselves to His use. If you are ready to partner with God in His service, you can be sure that your reward will not only
be great on earth but also in heaven. However, for you to be a vessel unto honour in the service of the Lord, you must be ready to admit your insignificance before Him (Isaiah 40:17). You must also be ready to follow the Lord all the way, cheerfully and heartily. You should see it as a great honour for God to count you worthy of being called into the service of His kingdom.
Furthermore, God is holy, and so, for you to be a vessel in His service, you must also be holy in thought, character and conduct.
Those who want to continue in sin and also live a hypocritical lifestyle cannot be blessed in God’s service. You must surrender your life to Christ genuinely. This is a prerequisite in offering acceptable service to the Lord. Any defiled or polluted person cannot behold the glory of God’s holiness. In the scriptures, those who offered acceptable service, such as Enoch, Daniel, Elijah and
Job, made up their minds that they would not allow anything to pollute their lives. Note however that you cannot all by yourself keep yourself from the vanities of this world; neither can you live a holy life through your morality. You can only live a holy and acceptable life by yielding to the grace of God. God’s grace enables us to offer acceptable service before Him. Expounding on
this grace, Titus 2:11-12 says,
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world”
Although there are several winds of false doctrine blowing across the world today, the Lord expects us to continue in the pure and undiluted word of God (2 Peter 3:16-18). This is the anchor that keeps us from being tossed about (Hebrews 6:18-19). This undefiled word of God will help us keep that which is committed
into our hands as we offer our service to God in these last days. We must be watchful so that our works will not be adjudged as imperfect before the throne of God. In the Body of Christ today, many people serve God amiss. They are working, but not asking themselves if their labour follows the due order of heaven (1 Chronicles 15:13). If you fail to assess the methods you are using to achieve the mandate of the Commission, you will be shocked at the judgement seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15). What are the motives behind what you do in Church?
What attitude do you display when your pastor is not there to watch over you? How are you utilizing the resources entrusted to your care?

ACTION POINT:
Access your service in God’s Kingdom. Does it follow God’s pattern?

Author....     Pastor E. A. Adeboye

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by emmasure55: 6:35am On Feb 17, 2017
view the image below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Dannan: 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
Julivas:
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
FRIDAY 17th FEBRUARY,2017
ACCEPTABLE SERVICE
MEMORISE:
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27

READ:
Romans 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
John 18:19 and Isaiah 40:6-23

In these end times, the Lord is looking for those who are ready to consecrate themselves to His use. If you are ready to partner with God in His service, you can be sure that your reward will not only
be great on earth but also in heaven. However, for you to be a vessel unto honour in the service of the Lord, you must be ready to admit your insignificance before Him (Isaiah 40:17). You must also be ready to follow the Lord all the way, cheerfully and heartily. You should see it as a great honour for God to count you worthy of being called into the service of His kingdom.
Furthermore, God is holy, and so, for you to be a vessel in His service, you must also be holy in thought, character and conduct.
Those who want to continue in sin and also live a hypocritical lifestyle cannot be blessed in God’s service. You must surrender your life to Christ genuinely. This is a prerequisite in offering acceptable service to the Lord. Any defiled or polluted person cannot behold the glory of God’s holiness. In the scriptures, those who offered acceptable service, such as Enoch, Daniel, Elijah and
Job, made up their minds that they would not allow anything to pollute their lives. Note however that you cannot all by yourself keep yourself from the vanities of this world; neither can you live a holy life through your morality. You can only live a holy and acceptable life by yielding to the grace of God. God’s grace enables us to offer acceptable service before Him. Expounding on
this grace, Titus 2:11-12 says,
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world”
Although there are several winds of false doctrine blowing across the world today, the Lord expects us to continue in the pure and undiluted word of God (2 Peter 3:16-18). This is the anchor that keeps us from being tossed about (Hebrews 6:18-19). This undefiled word of God will help us keep that which is committed
into our hands as we offer our service to God in these last days. We must be watchful so that our works will not be adjudged as imperfect before the throne of God. In the Body of Christ today, many people serve God amiss. They are working, but not asking themselves if their labour follows the due order of heaven (1 Chronicles 15:13). If you fail to assess the methods you are using to achieve the mandate of the Commission, you will be shocked at the judgement seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15). What are the motives behind what you do in Church?
What attitude do you display when your pastor is not there to watch over you? How are you utilizing the resources entrusted to your care?

ACTION POINT:
Access your service in God’s Kingdom. Does it follow God’s pattern?

Author....     Pastor E. A. Adeboye
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE SATURDAY 18TH FEBRUARY,2017 FAITH IN PRACTICE MEMORISE: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26 READ: James 2:14-26 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 20:21 & Isaiah 40:24-41:7 MESSAGE: One common error in Christendom today is to think that it is scriptural to confess your way to success without backing up such confessions with works. Faith in practice is actually the opposite of this. It is not just about confessing scriptures, but about acting it out when confronted with real life circumstances and situations. Faith in practice is what produces the miracle-working power of God. In contrast of faith, unbelief upsets God and we must all run away from it. The children of Israel could not enter into the Promised Land because of unbelief (Hebrews 3:19). In Mark 2:1-12, a paralytic man was brought before Jesus by four men who broke the roof of a house to get him there. This was faith in practice. They were practically saying to all the forces and situations surrounding this man’s life that they were ready to get injured while climbing and nothing would stop them. They were also ready to take up the financial burden of damaging and repairing the roof of a house that was not theirs. They did all this because they knew that the challenges facing them were nothing when compared with the blessedness of having their paralytic friend receive his miracle. There are people who have many different versions of the Bible in their homes but do not practice the faith they read in it. Some even possess a PhD in the study of the Bible but still have no faith. This is because they read and study it, but they don’t apply its content to their lives. Some years back, we went to Haiti to hold a city-wide crusade, and we were blessed to have a live broadcast of it on radio. There was a man just lying on a bed in his house who accidentally tuned his radio to the station airing our programme. In the course of preaching, the Lord said to me that there was someone within the reach of my voice who was impotent and that He was healing him right away. I relayed this message as I was told. When this man heard it, he said to himself, ''How did this Pastor know that I am impotent even though He cannot see me?'' He immediately checked himself and realised he had been completely healed. He then left all he was doing, found his way to the crusade ground and surrendered his life to Jesus. If only you can believe and act on what God says, you also will share your own testimony in Jesus’ Name. Who are the Goliaths harassing you? Consider that Goliath came to the battle with a sword, spear and shield, while David came in the Name of the Lord of hosts (1 Samuel 17:45). Although David challenged Goliath with his mouth, he did not stop there. He picked up five smooth stones, not just one (1 Samuel 17:40). Even though one stone was enough to bring down Goliath, David did not take chances. That is faith in practice. I decree that every Goliath that is standing between you and your miracles shall be brought down completely in Jesus’ Name. KEY POINT: Faith is acting on the word of God. HYMN 1: 1: My faith looks up to Thee, Thou Lamb of Calvary, Savior Divine; Now hear me while I pray; Take all my guilt away; Oh, let me from this day Be wholly Thine. 2: May Thy rich grace impart Strength to my fainting heart, My zeal inspire; As Thou hast died for me, Oh, may my love to Thee Pure, warm, and changeless be, A living fire. 3:While life’s dark maze I tread, And griefs around me spread, Be Thou my Guide; Bid darkness turn to day, Wipe sorrow’s tears away, Nor let me ever stray From Thee aside. 4: When life's swift race is run, Death's cold work almost done, Be near to me. Blest Saviour, then, in love Fear and distrust remove. O bear me safe above, Redeemed and free!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:55am On Feb 18, 2017

Genesis 27:1-28:22

3. Enjoy the challenge

Matthew 11:1–15; Genesis 27:1–28:22

If we want to see acceleration in the advancement of the kingdom of God, Jesus says it will need forceful people (Matthew 11:12). (Some translations use the word ‘violent’ instead of ‘forceful’. However, most commentators prefer this translation and positive interpretation.) These are people who are not put off by opposition or the need for sacrifice. In fact, they enjoy the challenge.

As we look back in church history there are many examples of men and women who inspire us by their passionate, dynamic and proactive lives. They have been used to change the world. Throughout history, the kingdom of heaven has been advancing as forceful, Spirit-filled people lay hold of it.

Jesus says, ‘From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful people lay hold of it’ (Matthew 11:12). The context of these words is that John the Baptist, in prison, is asking if Jesus is the one prophesied about. In effect, Jesus replies by saying, ‘Look at the evidence’ (vv.4–5).

Jesus goes on to say that John the Baptist was the greatest person who ever lived before Jesus and his church (v.11). John the Baptist was the last of the old covenant prophets (v.13). We see many examples in the Old Testament of the forceful men and women mentioned in verse 12.

Jacob was a forceful man. Later we will read of how he was forceful in a good way, determined to know God’s blessing (see Genesis 32:22–32). However, in this passage, we see how his forceful nature led him into wrongdoing. He was absolutely determined to get his father’s blessing. He knew how important it was, so he ended up using deception in order to get it (chapter 27).

Jacob’s mother, Rebekah, was also a forceful woman. Not only did she show favouritism to Jacob, but she was also involved in the conspiracy to deceive Isaac. The end result is a spectacular family feud, the consequences of which lasted for centuries.

It is a fairly unedifying tale and we can be left wondering what to make of it – it certainly does not present itself as a good example to follow!

Despite everything, God’s plans and purposes continue to be worked out. His promises to Abraham and his descendants continue. They are passed on to Jacob (28:13–15), exactly as God had promised before the brothers were born (25:23). If everyone had acted openly and honourably a lot of grief and heartache might have been avoided.

Almost everything about these stories and these people is flawed – and yet God still manages to work through them. I find it such a relief to know that a perfect God can use imperfect people.

God blessed Jacob. His father, Isaac, gave him his blessing (28:3–4). Later on God spoke to Jacob in a dream. He sees a ladder that reaches from earth to heaven, with the angels of God ascending and descending it (v.12). There is an open way between heaven and earth for all of us. God tells him, ‘All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go’ (vv.14b–15a).

God used these forceful men and women: Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob and Rachel. But Jesus says none of them were as great as John the Baptist. And John the Baptist is not as great as the least of the followers of Jesus in the days of the kingdom of heaven – and that includes you!

Prayer:
"Lord, thank you that you are with me and watch over me wherever I go. Help me to be counted amongst those forceful people enjoying the exhilaration, excitement and challenge of a life spent following Jesus."

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL... DATE: SUNDAY 19TH FEBRUARY 2017 THEME: GOD HAS SUBSTITUTES Memorise: For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. Acts 1:20 Read: 1 Samuel 15:16-16:1 15:16 Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the Lord hath said to me this night. And he said unto him, Say on. 16:1 And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. MESSAGE: One truth that everyone born of God must have at the back of their minds is that God has substitutes. He can therefore never be held to ransom by anyone. Whenever God decides to use a person, if that fellow does not yield to God at the time of His requisition, God will move on to use another person to fulfil His purpose. More often than not, such substitutes are better than the original recipients of God’s mandate. Such was the case with King Saul. "And Samuel said unto him, the LORD hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou." 1 Samuel 15:28 When a man feels too big to obey God’s instruction, he is not fit for God’s use. In the family of the works of the flesh, pride, stubbornness and rebellion are kinsmen, with witchcraft as their first cousin (Galatians 5:19-21). The Lord through Samuel reminded King Saul that there was nothing special about him before He made him king over Israel. King Saul himself did not see himself as qualified, yet God’s grace preferred him, despite the fact that he came from the least of the tribes of Israel (1 Samuel 9:21). This is the reason why whosoever God decides to use should not allow himself or herself get carried away by the glamour of the office he or she is occupying. The fellow should always keep in mind where he or she is coming from and what he or she used to be. God does not use the qualified; rather, He qualifies the fellow He wants to use. When King Saul began to feel too big to obey the Lord’s commandment, he was replaced with a ready-made substitute, whom the Lord declared to be better than King Saul. My prayer for you is that you will not be replaced in the scheme of things in God’s kingdom in Jesus’ Name. Beloved, we should know that God has substitutes that can readily replace us if we fail to yield to His instructions. Never see yourself as being indispensable before God. Take heed to what the Lord Jesus Christ said concerning this in Matthew 3:9: "And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." Prayer Point: Father, please help me to overcome anything I am doing now that may eventually make You find a substitute for me in Your Kingdom. Please don’t replace me with anyone or anything. BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 1-2 Isaiah 41:8-20 AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Deb13: 11:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
I Need help!! Please my brethren, don't mock me. this is not just a joke. I have been in a financial constraint since this month now. It has not been easy for me now. I need just an urgent financial help of about N7,000. At least to use it to buy some food stuff like beans, garri and kerosine while I further get what to do within a month. Even if it N1,000 N500, or N200 as you so desire, pls do. Nothing is too small. I know many of us are in one challenges or the other but I have to voice out my own. Below is my account number;

Acct name: Ikechukwu Egwuatu
Account num: 0223997743
Bank name: Wema bank

God bless you as you do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 20, 2017
makydebbie:
I don't even understand, first its IG, now its here. That berlyn thing should mind herself. Anyways I'm here shagrin

IG?? like are you for real? are u such a chronic liar? shocked

handsam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by handsam(m): 12:42am On Feb 20, 2017
L0velyn:

IG?? like are you for real? are u such a chronic liar? shocked

handsam

What's up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 20, 2017
handsam:

What's up?

did you see tat?? some biitch tryna explain to a pathetic asslicker tat the shii btw us started from IG like i fvcking know she exist on IG undecidedshocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by handsam(m): 12:58am On Feb 20, 2017
L0velyn:

did you see tat?? some biitch tryna explain to a pathetic asslicker tat the shii btw us started from IG like i fvcking know she exist on IG undecidedshocked

The two of you ehn...
I won't defend anyone cause I will sound like an asslicker.

I'd advice Both of you to settle this, or just stay clear off each other's path.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 20, 2017
handsam:

The two of you ehn...
I won't defend anyone cause I will sound like an asslicker.

I'd advice Both of you to settle this, or just stay clear off each other's path.

lol i understand you perfectly well you dont wanna take side ... grin

I HV NO ISH WITH HER....just surprise IG like seriously shocked,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 4:49am On Feb 20, 2017

Just Relax and Let God Be God

Joyce Meyer tweeted, ‘Just relax and let God be God.’ It is a great comfort to know that a loving God is ultimately in control of everything that happens.

Bishop Sandy Millar often says in the face of some tragedy or when things had gone badly wrong: ‘The Lord reigns.’

Many times throughout the Bible, God is referred to as the Sovereign Lord. Both Joyce Meyer and Sandy Millar are expressing, in different ways, absolute confidence in the sovereignty of God.

If God is sovereign and ultimately in control, does that mean that you are absolved of responsibility for your actions? Does it mean that you do not have ‘free will’? As we see in our New Testament passage, the Bible teaches both – the ultimate sovereignty of God at the same time as human responsibility and free will.

Psalm 9:7-12

1. Confidently trust in the sovereign Lord

God is in ultimate control of the universe: ‘the Lord reigns’ (v.7). God ‘will judge the world in righteousness (rightness and equity); He will minister justice to the peoples in uprightness’ (v.8, AMP). This knowledge is an enormous comfort. We may never know in this life why God allows some horrendous things to happen.

Trust in the sovereignty of God and keep on believing that he will never forsake you: ‘And they who know Your name will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You’ (v.10, AMP).

In the meantime keep doing three things:

Praising
‘Sing the praises of the Lord’ (v.11a).
Proclaiming
‘Proclaim among the nations what he has done’ (v.11b).
Praying
‘The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble’ (v.9); ‘He does not ignore the cry of the afflicted’ (v.12b).

Prayer:

"Lord, thank you that you do not ignore my cries and that I can confidently trust in you. Thank you that I can relax and let you be God."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 20, 2017
Sinz go through the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by coolestchris2: 8:18am On Feb 20, 2017
Berlynn:
Sinz go through the thread
make una do marry abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 20, 2017
sinz remebr i told u i got some crazy stalkers guy above me is one of then this one wankss off with my posts cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by coolestchris2: 8:24am On Feb 20, 2017
Berlynn:
sinz remebr i told u i got some crazy stalkers guy above me is one of then this one wankss off with my posts cheesy
with your big eyes angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 20, 2017
coolestchris2:
with your big eyes angry

stop being creepy ... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SINZ: 8:29am On Feb 20, 2017
Berlynn:
sin.z remebr i told u i got some crazy stalkers guy above me is one of then this one wankss off with my posts cheesy

Ignore that dolt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by handsam(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2017
L0velyn:

lol i understand you perfectly well you dont wanna take side ... grin

I HV NO ISH WITH HER....just surprise IG like seriously shocked,

She doesn't use IG. I know that for sure.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by coolestchris2: 8:33am On Feb 20, 2017
You were chatting yourself yesterday ,you need a psychologist
Berlynn:

stop being creepy ... angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by coolestchris2: 8:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Is either they ban me or they ban u today
SINZ:

Ignore that dolt.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 20, 2017
SINZ:

Ignore that dolt.
doing tat already... Guess u busy.... Dad is in d hos already, mum just called

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2017
handsam:

She doesn't use IG. I know that for sure.

but errrmm she wrote tat our beef started from IG... How u dis morning cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SINZ: 8:39am On Feb 20, 2017
Berlynn:
doing tat already... Guess u busy.... Dad is in d hos already, mum just called

Just chill.. Pops had his and he's doing fine so you shouldn't bother. Its a minor sumtin.. smiley

I was busy, just read thru though.. Lemmie inquire about something, will buzz you in a jiffy.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 20, 2017
SINZ:

Just chill.. Pops had his and he's doing fine so you shouldn't bother. Its a minor sumtin.. smiley

I was busy, just read thru though.. Lemmie inquire about something, will buzz you in a jiffy.
alright thanks cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by handsam(m): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2017
Berlynn:

but errrmm she wrote tat our beef started from IG... How u dis morning cheesy

Me? Well, Better than ever. grin

Finally Got what I wanted. smiley

How abou' you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.