Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830676 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ebenezer880(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
Mr julivas Good day Sir
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2018
HumbledbYGrace:
Guys hu are born again,what was ur turning point in life?

What made u choose Jesus christ as ur saviour?
i want to turn to God. I realised that my life have been hell without Him. Back then, when i was still a child of God things were going pretty well for me. At least, i was in good terms with my fellow humans. All my friends love me, i did things and i won. These days, pride have taken over. I easily loose friends than i make them. I have lost a lot of things. Pride has cost me a lot. And i want to change. For how long should i continue to suffer? I want to live my life happily, i want to love people and make them love me back. Most importantly, i want to make Heaven. I know that Heaven is real, and i dont want to go to hell. The worst part is that when i try to change, something holds me back. I dont know but i see that God wants to take hold of me, but then the devil does not want to let go of me. Sometimes, i feel like let me just die and vanish from the face of Earth. My life is miserable and my relationship with people is chattered. I want to give my life to Christ, but i dont know how to go about it. Please help me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SheIsElle(f): 8:28am On Jan 28, 2018
Ebuka2016:

i want to turn to God. I realised that my life have been hell without Him. Back then, when i was still a child of God things were going pretty well for me. At least, i was in good terms with my fellow humans. All my friends love me, i did things and i won. These days, pride have taken over. I easily loose friends than i make them. I have lost a lot of things. Pride has cost me a lot. And i want to change. For how long should i continue to suffer? I want to live my life happily, i want to love people and make them love me back. Most importantly, i want to make Heaven. I know that Heaven is real, and i dont want to go to hell. The worst part is that when i try to change, something holds me back. I dont know but i see that God wants to take hold of me, but then the devil does not want to let go of me. Sometimes, i feel like let me just die and vanish from the face of Earth. My life is miserable and my relationship with people is chattered. I want to give my life to Christ, but i dont know how to go about it. Please help me.
Your story is similar to what I faced few months back but mine its actually worse. In my case it was a spiritual battle with addiction and demons. It was hell, I wanted it all to end but didn't know where or how to start, I found it very hard, I hated anything that had to do with God, I even stopped going to church for close to a year. I was suffering in silence. I lost all my friends, I was having problems with my immediate family members. But one day, my story changed, it became worse, my nightmares increased, I was tormented. In this period of satanic torments and unending nightmares, I found God again.
Gradually I started to pray again though it was difficult at first but I was still an addict. I made a promise to God quit the addictive habit. To my surprise, I was very easy to quit. God was with me in this journey and guided me. Then I started reading the Bible everyday, even in the office, I was surprised to discover that I actually enjoy it.
As a human, I committed some secret sins, little by little I started to let go of this sins. Then, I learnt how to fast and pray, it wasn't even as difficult as I thought it would be.
Am not yet perfect, I still struggle in some areas but am trusting on God to make me perfect and I know he will.
My finding God again didn't make most of my problems disappear, I still cry sometimes but it always feels good knowing that I have a God who loves me unconditionally and that I can always go to him in prayers.
So, I will advice you to take one stepped at a time, let go of any form of sexual immorality if you indulge in any. Sexual sins most times hinders God from answering our prayers. Try to pray everyday and study the Bible, in my own case I started reading from Matthew, now am heading almost to revelation. Try to let go of those sins that can hinder God from answering your prayers. It may sound hard but its not really hard at all. You will learn to love and enjoy it. Its not really all about going to Church, you need to have a personal relationship with God. With time you will see your life change in a way that will surprise you. God is really amazing. God be with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
SheIsElle:

Your story is similar to what I faced few months back but mine its actually worse. In my case it was a spiritual battle with addiction and demons. It was hell, I wanted it all to end but didn't know where or how to start, I found it very hard, I hated anything that had to do with God, I even stopped going to church for close to a year. I was suffering in silence. I lost all my friends, I was having problems with my immediate family members. But one day, my story changed, it became worse, my nightmares increased, I was tormented. In this period of satanic torments and unending nightmares, I found God again.
Gradually I started to pray again though it was difficult at first but I was still an addict. I made a promise to God quit the addictive habit. To my surprise, I was very easy to quit. God was with me in this journey and guided me. Then I started reading the Bible everyday, even in the office, I was surprised to discover that I actually enjoy it.
As a human, I committed some secret sins, little by little I started to let go of this sins. Then, I learnt how to fast and pray, it wasn't even as difficult as I thought it would be.
Am not yet perfect, I still struggle in some areas but am trusting on God to make me perfect and I know he will.
My finding God again didn't make most of my problems disappear, I still cry sometimes but it always feels good knowing that I have a God who loves me unconditionally and that I can always go to him in prayers.
So, I will advice you to take one stepped at a time, let go of any form of sexual immorality if you indulge in any. Sexual sins most times hinders God from answering our prayers. Try to pray everyday and study the Bible, in my own case I started reading from Matthew, now am heading almost to revelation. Try to let go of those sins that can hinder God from answering your prayers. It may sound hard but its not really hard at all. You will learn to love and enjoy it. Its not really all about going to Church, you need to have a personal relationship with God. With time you will see your life change in a way that will surprise you. God is really amazing. God be with you.
I cant thank you enough for this advice dear. I was almost lost. Thank God am beginning to come back to my senses again. Where should I begin? Reading the Bible? I really find it hard to pray. I need a headstart. I need someone to guide me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 29, 2018
ebenezer880:
Mr ju/livas Good day Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SheIsElle(f): 6:07am On Jan 29, 2018
Ebuka2016:

I cant thank you enough for this advice dear. I was almost lost. Thank God am beginning to come back to my senses again. Where should I begin? Reading the Bible? I really find it hard to pray. I need a headstart. I need someone to guide me.
Yes, start by reading the Bible and praying. In my own time, I couldn't pray, I fall asleep as am praying. Its not normal, its the devil trying to prevent you from going closer to God. You can start from Matthew or with any other book of the Bible. With time as you get closer to God, praying becomes very easy for you.
You can always ask me questions if you need further direction. Good morning.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 29, 2018
SheIsElle:

Yes, start by reading the Bible and praying. In my own time, I couldn't pray, I fall asleep as am praying. Its not normal, its the devil trying to prevent you from going closer to God. You can start from Matthew or with any other book of the Bible. With time as you get closer to God, praying becomes very easy for you.
You can always ask me questions if you need further direction. Good morning.
goodmorning to you too. Thank you a lot. I will do as you said. God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by greenprince(m): 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
Ebuka2016:

Hey brother, I'd like to help if you don't mind. Music does the it for me but I don't know about you. Immerse yourself in deep spirit filled worship songs. Most times it's best to play them alongside the lyrics on your device. Try The City Harmonic and Citizens and Saints. Hillsong is amazing too. Read contemporary Christian literature. Not those with excess theological concepts abeg, that's not what you need now. Find books that relate first to everyday life from a Christian perspective. Drown yourself in everything godly. Movies you watch, posts you read, comics you laugh at, every tiny detail should point towards God. With time you'll find yourself effortlessly loving Him.

God bless you brother.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by greenprince(m): 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
Julivas:
HOLINESS(THE ULTIMATE FLIGHT'S PASSPORT)BY BRO GBILE AKANNII am to connect a flight to Manchester from an airport but while waiting for my flight to be called I came across a brother who I knew back in Nigeria who was too glad to see me for he has been under my ministration many times. We discussed nearly everything until our flight was called.The brother got ready his papers and passport but as to my own passport I could not locate it. I searched frantically without success. After sometime the brother had to leave me and commend me to the grace of God to help me find my passport. I ran to the counter, explained what happened to them and asked that they should delay the flight a little so that I can locate my passport because of the crucial preaching appointment i have but they declined.I watched my friend board the flight and I watched the plane go.Despite the fact that my friend was my disciple, he boarded the flight but I could not. My friend as well as some others in the airport has lots of respect for me because they recognise me as a great man of God yet there is little they could do to help my situation. I have so many other and necessary papers intact but without the passport the authorities would not allow me board the flight.The theme being considered at the convention of Methodist church Nigeria rounding up today 19-01-18 in which Bro Gbile Akanni is the main speaker is taken from Heb.12:14- Make every effort to live in peacewith all men and to be holy, without holiness no one will see the Lord.The passport issue came about while Bro. Gbile was explaining the words 'whithout which'.The passport to entering heaven is Holiness. Your status, wealth, position, degree or what have you does not count here. Some pastors would be left behind while people that came to know God through themwould enter the kingdom of God. Some people are majoring in the minor while leaving the most important unattended to. You can score allAs in all other subjects but with F9 in English and Mathematics, no Nigerian University will admit you.The airport authorities has a standard which will not be compromised for anybody. Once you are not qualified you are disqualified. You still have opportunity now to get ready for the ultimate flight, once you die or the trumpet sounds, no matter how frantic your efforts are, you will still have to face the consequence of your negligence. I wonder what else would be important to an international traveller other than the passport. Your passport to heaven is Holiness you better do all you can now to locate it if you have misplaced it else you regret ever coming to the world.On the long run, I was able to locate the passport where I dropped it when packing other things. The booking lady rebuked me sharply for being so careless and I think I deserve it. Anyway, I asked them to help me check if there would soon be another flight going my route and I was lucky there is. But what if the one I missed was the last flight or if the next flight has been fully booked.After the incidence, Bro Gbile learnt to treasure his passport dearly and to hold it. This is an extract from the sermon of Bro Gbile Akanni at 2018convention held at Ikotekpene. Had I known would not be your portion at the end in Jesus name. Please locate your passport now and treasure it dearly. Your flight may be announced any moment.

God bless you greatly for sharing this.
And may the oil of divine anointing never seize to flow upon the servant of God Bro Gbile Akanni
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
greenprince:

Hey brother, I'd like to help if you don't mind. Music does the it for me but I don't know about you. Immerse yourself in deep spirit filled worship songs. Most times it's best to play them alongside the lyrics on your device. Try The City Harmonic and Citizens and Saints. Hillsong is amazing too. Read contemporary Christian literature. Not those with excess theological concepts abeg, that's not what you need now. Find books that relate first to everyday life from a Christian perspective. Drown yourself in everything godly. Movies you watch, posts you read, comics you laugh at, every tiny detail should point towards God. With time you'll find yourself effortlessly loving Him.

God bless you brother.
thanks a lot bro. Cant thank you guys enough. Am already working on it and beliv me when i tell you that the result is beginning to show already. I will do better than am already doing. Its bliss loving God and having Him do wonders in my life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 12:45am On Jan 30, 2018
Ebuka2016:

I'm so sorry for just responding now. Thanks to those that have responded to you. I thank God for making you conscious of eternity with God. As they rightly said, you can begin to meditate and observing the scriptures especially from the new testament, you will see how much love HE has for you no matter your past sir. Good gospel music is also a nice idea, then I pray the to be determined in your walk with God because satan will surely come, but never give him a chance. Satan normally come by bringing thought that seems good but in the real sense it is dangerous. In conclusion sir, watch where you go, what you watch and the company you keep.
May God help you sir.
Shalom.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2018
Julivas:

I'm so sorry for just responding now. Thanks to those that have responded to you. I thank God for making you conscious of eternity with God. As they rightly said, you can begin to meditate and observing the scriptures especially from the new testament, you will see how much love HE has for you no matter your past sir. Good gospel music is also a nice idea, then I pray the to be determined in your walk with God because satan will surely come, but never give him a chance. Satan normally come by bringing thought that seems good but in the real sense it is dangerous. In conclusion sir, watch where you go, what you watch and the company you keep.
May God help you sir.
Shalom.
thank you dear. I will keep doing my best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ebenezer880(m): 12:27am On Jan 31, 2018
Hi good day
MsNgo40:

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 31, 2018
I'm so so excited cheesy I didn't know a thread like this existed,Glory be to God I found it now I can join my brothers and sisters in the faith.Thank you JESUS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 31, 2018
I'm so so excited cheesy I didn't know a thread like this existed,Glory be to God I found it, now I can join my brothers and sisters in the faith.Thank you JESUS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ebenezer880(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hi mr julivas good day sir, god bless u sir, please kindly dnt 4get me thanks
Julivas:

May God help you sir.
Shalom.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by guynextdoor(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
Welcome development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by deedondavi(m): 3:21am On Feb 01, 2018
Hello all, it's nice to be here. God bless us.

Welcome into the month of February.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Simon2015: 10:04am On Feb 03, 2018
pastormustwacc:
Amadioha fire the head of the op - now that is just my opening statement. brb
hi everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
Rachealoduah:
I'm so so excited cheesy I didn't know a thread like this existed,Glory be to God I found it now I can join my brothers and sisters in the faith.Thank you JESUS
You are welcome ma, thank God you finally locate this thread. You are blessed. Will like to have your contributions too on this thread , thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2018
deedondavi:
Hello all, it's nice to be here. God bless us.

Welcome into the month of February.
You are welcome sir. Will be expecting your contributions on this thread sir, thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2018
Ebuka2016:

No my dear you'll not die God wants to glorify you in this time we are in now,sorry my comment is coming this late,if only you know how happy God is that you're making this decision,a very big Congratulations to you,again there's something I want to let you know,the devil is powerless he has no power over you,he is only a trickster magnifying himself in the minds of people who choose to let him in,do you know that with this decision you have made, the devil is now under your feet cause that's where God placed him(ROM 16:20)you are now sitting in heavenly places with Christ Jesus, I'll recommend this highly inspirational book by Bishop David Oyodepo"Satan get lost"it will show you the powers you have in Christ Jesus and always remember once you have Jesus you have everything. God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ebenezer880(m): 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2018
I really want to express my gratitude to you sir, mr julivia i really appreciate your assistance God belss and uphold u sir, am really Greatful
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
Rachealoduah:
No my dear you'll not die God wants to glorify you in this time we are in now,sorry my comment is coming this late,if only you know how happy God is that you're making this decision,a very big Congratulations to you,again there's something I want to let you know,the devil is powerless he has no power over you,he is only a trickster magnifying himself in the minds of people who choose to let him in,do you know that with this decision you have made, the devil is now under your feet cause that's where God placed him(ROM 16:20)you are now sitting in heavenly places with Christ Jesus, I'll recommend this highly inspirational book by Bishop David Oyodepo"Satan get lost"it will show you the powers you have in Christ Jesus and always remember once you have Jesus you have everything. God bless you
thanks dear. Thanks for your kind words. Am trying but i find it hard to be consistent in this. Its like most times i love God and try to live it out, then some times i just loose focus, just like this very moment. I want to know what will keep me endeared to God even when i try to loose focus. What will keep me coming back?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 04, 2018
ebenezer880:
Hi good day

Hi, I'm sorry for mentioning you. Please disregard this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ebuka2016:

thanks dear. Thanks for your kind words. Am trying but i find it hard to be consistent in this. Its like most times i love God and try to live it out, then some times i just loose focus, just like this very moment. I want to know what will keep me endeared to God even when i try to loose focus. What will keep me coming back?
wow I'm very excited to hear that you feel this way(wanting to remain with God and not being in today and out tommorrow)I can tell you that I started just like you,there was a point in my life when I felt this way too,keep on loving him by obeying his commandment,anytime you loose focus never think its too late to retrace your steps he's always there waiting for you to come back,always study his word(Bible), try keeping off those things that makes you loose focus gradually and before you know it you're out of its control e.g mine was circular music,it had a way of drawing me further away from God,when I realized the control these music's had over me I just knew this is something I had to do away it,I started getting myself interested in gospel music and right now I'm no longer controlled by circular music,I'm no even a great lover of gospel music,believe me you have the power to control every situation,God gave us dominion over everything on earth including our minds,hence our minds can't tell us what to do,we tell our minds what we want to do and it listens 1Jhn 5:4.always remember to pray and pour out your heart to him,he knows you,he knows what's going on in your heart and he is more eager to answer you than youre are willing to ask him.pls read Rom7:14-25,God has already given you power to control you mind,so walk in it.God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by jesuisroya: 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
CRY FOR HELP

Dear Brethren,

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE MERCY OF GOD FOR ME.

I hope to open up and share my story and testimony soon.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
Rachealoduah:
wow I'm very excited to hear that you feel this way(wanting to remain with God and not being in today and out tommorrow)I can tell you that I started just like you,there was a point in my life when I felt this way too,keep on loving him by obeying his commandment,anytime you loose focus never think its too late to retrace your steps he's always there waiting for you to come back,always study his word(Bible), try keeping off those things that makes you loose focus gradually and before you know it you're out of its conbtrol e.g mine was circular music,it had a way of drawing me further away from God,when I realized the control these music's had over me I just knew this is something I had to do away it,I started getting myself interested in gospel music and right now I'm no longer controlled by circular music,I'm no even a great lover of gospel music,believe me you have the power to control every situation,God gave us dominion over everything on earth including our minds,hence our minds can't tell us what to do,we tell our minds what we want to do and it listens 1Jhn 5:4.always remember to pray and pour out your heart to him,he knows you,he knows what's going on in your heart and he is more eager to answer you than youre are willing to ask him.pls read Rom7:14-25,God has already given you power to control you mind,so walk in it.God bless you
How I wish its so easy to do all what you've pointed out here. Its really hard for me I tell you. Just yesterday night I watched porn. I couldnt control it. But I do know that I have to win this war. The Bible, I find it realy hard to read it even though I have it at the edge of my bed 24 hrs a day. To pick it up and read is really very hard for me. How I wish I can go back to the good old days when knowing God and following his ways fervently was part of me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ebuka2016:

How I wish its so easy to do all what you've pointed out here. Its really hard for me I tell you. Just yesterday night I watched porn. I couldnt control it. But I do know that I have to win this war. The Bible, I find it realy hard to read it even though I have it at the edge of my bed 24 hrs a day. To pick it up and read is really very hard for me. How I wish I can go back to the good old days when knowing God and following his ways fervently was part of me.
believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel,I've struggled with sin before and I know how difficult it was for me to come out of it,but my first question for you Is this,have you openly and genuinely confessed Jesus as your lord and personal saviour?cause you can't fight this battle with your physical strength you need a greater power which is freely given you when you're born again,now you see that there is a battle you have to fight(battle with sin) you have to do it consciously by taking bold steps to your freedom.for example why not delete those videos from your gadget,delete all the sites,there are some particular sets of friends you should keep off,there are things you need to get yourself involved in e.g joining a service unit in church like choir,ushers etc.getting the right company to be in.I know it won't be easy but you have to start somewhere, try your best to read the bible even if its one verse,I'm with you in prayers and believe me you'll soon share your testimony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Theoigios(m): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nb: You can't overcome, whatever you're struggling with in a day.. Whenever you fall, go back to the lord, don't stay in guilt, the lord is ever ready to forgive you if you're ready to forsake your sins and move on with him. Read your bible, pray, fellowship.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2018
Rachealoduah:
believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel,I've struggled with sin before and I know how difficult it was for me to come out of it,but my first question for you Is this,have you openly and genuinely confessed Jesus as your lord and personal saviour?cause you can't fight this battle with your physical strength you need a greater power which is freely given you when you're born again,now you see that there is a battle you have to fight(battle with sin) you have to do it consciously by taking bold steps to your freedom.for example why not delete those videos from your gadget,delete all the sites,there are some particular sets of friends you should keep off,there are things you need to get yourself involved in e.g joining a service unit in church like choir,ushers etc.getting the right company to be in.I know it won't be easy but you have to start somewhere, try your best to read the bible even if its one verse,I'm with you in prayers and believe me you'll soon share your testimony.
i have geniunly accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and savior. I always delete the porn from my phone after watching them. But since i always have data in my phone, i always go back to watch them. I feel guilty after doing so. But i still go back to watch them anyway. What i want right now is to develope a mindset that would make me stay close to God always. Proof that God exists, that there is heaven and hell where one would go to depending on his works one earth. Thank you for always being there for me love. Awaiting your reply

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.