Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Farmers In The House - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Farmers In The House (7641 Views)

Farmers To Earn N101bn Annually From Perishable Cargo / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Database Of All Farmers In Nigeria Commences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2012
DAY 3 CONT.

The weather is hot

Re: Farmers In The House by ogbongenet: 7:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
QUAIL FARMIN…….QUICK CASH……

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 4000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.

FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.

TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com.

Meet you at the top

Re: Farmers In The House by ihedioramma: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
PLS SOME BODY HELP ME I WANT TO START UP GOATFARM AND NEED TO NO ALL IT TALKS AND HOW I CAN BRING THEM UP AND MAKE PROFIT ? 08095025817 OR ihedioramma@yahoo.ca

2 Likes

Re: Farmers In The House by cheala(m): 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
I am new in Farming but have enough land in IFO ogun state to let others farmer interested in pigery or any kind of farming at very moderate cost .
Please call 08167706560
Re: Farmers In The House by felixzo1(m): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2012
femi_seun:

Construction of the entrance and overview of the inside. That is my neighbor's pen over there and its a small scale farm

U can supervise your project yourself, no big deal

Thanks Will send more pics tomorrow
thanks very much for the pix, how many pigs do you plan to house in each pen, and what is the cost of the roofing
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 11:46am On Dec 21, 2012
@ felixzo1
The redesign of the rooms are as follows:

6 rooms of 10 x 8 = sows/ in gilts
2 big rooms 20 x 10 = (Finishing/ Fattening rooms)
1 giant room 30 x 8 = (Fattening rooms)

I will start with one attendant, 20 Sows and 2 boars from my old farm. I will do the crossing 20 of them at intervals to avoid population explosion grin (Imagine if u have 20 in -gilts given birth in a short period shocked)Or else there will be a need to build another pen. They will be distributed into the 2 big rooms and the giant and the 2 boars will be kept differently in two rooms. Once the sows are getting pregnant they will be moved to the empty rooms.

The number of pigs in each pen is dependent on the population and size of the pigs but it is better to avoid over crowding the pens.
2-3 Sows is OK for the 10 x 8 rooms just like the ones u saw in the pics.
The fattening rooms can take 20 growers.
The giant room room will take 25 growers for easy monitoring.

Roofing:

2x3 x12 wood =90 pieces
2x4 x 12 wood = 100 pieces
4inch nail= 1bag
3 inch nail = 3 pans
cap/ roofing nail = 4 pans
Metal Band (Oja Agba)= 20 pieces
Options: asbestos 4 x 8 = 80 pieces
Aluminum 4x8 = 80 pieces
Zinc (Not advisable cos of rust in 2 years)
Labor = 35,000

just budget 250k cos this pen house is big but the asbestos is very expensive so i might go for cheap aluminum
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
DAY 4 -5

Re: Farmers In The House by BasseyJ(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
@femi_seun, welldone on the great work you are doing, soo very greatful
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
BasseyJ: @femi_seun, welldone on the great work you are doing, soo very greatful

Thanks, at least u have an idea of how the construction is done.
U can design your own pen house to look different and reduce the number of rooms if u want to start small.

I Will send u more pics later
Re: Farmers In The House by BasseyJ(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
femi_seun:

Thanks, at least u have an idea of how the construction is done.
U can design your own pen house to look different and reduce the number of rooms if u want to start small.

I Will send u more pics later
Thanks, i would also need lil advice on the pig farm from you as you seem well versed in this area. Here's my mail. Johnebassey@gmail.com
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
BasseyJ:
Thanks, i would also need lil advice on the pig farm from you as you seem well versed in this area. Here's my mail. Johnebassey@gmail.com

This is my 3rd year in the pig biz and I am still learning grin. I will help u with the little advise u need. This is my email: femidudu007@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:17am On Dec 22, 2012
i have been away for a while(had to attend to personal issues).i observed lots of work had been done.@Bassey J i send a mail today @ chudoify about what you were told about plantain,its true if d suckers are good & for at least 4 years without putting money,but watering & weeding u will continue to get about d amount.
Re: Farmers In The House by Chudoify: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2012
Thanks for answering my question:1.Does it mean that i will only harvest for 4 years.2.please,how do i get good suckers?3.do you know about vegetable farming?thank u.
Re: Farmers In The House by BasseyJ(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2012
Thanks femi for the mail. @excelsiorfarm, hvnt seen any mail. Please resend. Thanks in advance
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
@ saltimmy basic requirement is shelter,constant water source,at least some capital to feed(not much compare to fishes & poultry).large white is commonly gotten ,it is a good breed.@chudoify,yes i know about vegetables.Okro,ugwu,egusi & celosia spp(efo) gives great return on investment.@cheala piggery is good,plantain is good & also vegetable farming with fish farming.you can email or call.
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
@chudoify if u invest lets say 250K in a business & you get about 1M or more in d first year,d same business still gives u 1M yearly for d next 3 years with little maintenance,i blieve d business don try.Never to worry plantain/banana when they die will give birth to at least 3 new ones.
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
@femi i saw your pig house pictures,nice work.my question is d six inch blocks are u filling it with concrete?@karlxavier plantain ıs great return on investment & also vegetable farming, check d write up BUSINESSES THAT WILL GIVE YOU A MEANINGFUL INCOME FLOW CONTINUALLY,for more details you can contact me
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
excelsiorfarm: @femi i saw your pig house pictures,nice work.my question is d six inch blocks are u filling it with concrete?

The Plastering and concrete work is the last stage after roofing because if the concrete gets weakened before u put the animals. Pigs will eat up the pen within one week (like biscuit) and u will start repairs.The concrete must be rich in cement to make it hard (Solid) and no single stone must shoot out.
Re: Farmers In The House by ihedioramma: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
HELLO SOLOMON RESAND ME THAT YOUR MSG I GOT IT BOUT LETTER LOST IT .
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
DAY 6. This is my own design so I decided not to use wooden pillars. Will continue construction after the festive period

Re: Farmers In The House by Chudoify: 4:09am On Dec 23, 2012
I am very happy seeing good and meaningful contribution here.God will bless all of us.
Re: Farmers In The House by Chudoify: 4:20am On Dec 23, 2012
Please,do anybody know about grasscutter farming.is it better than pig farming as thy consult claim.thank you all and Gods blessing
Re: Farmers In The House by adelegan1: 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
It all depend on your location. ugwu will do more better in lagos. I live in akure ondo state and efo do better here.
excelsiorfarm: @saltimmy i will send you an email after this writeup,@ adelegan 1 vegetable farming is better than most crop farming,but i will suggest you move up to ugwu than efo,you get better return on space,investment & time.This dry season if you have water,there is a goldmine to hit & have u ever thought of okro. @bassey J what is worth doing is worth doing well.shelter is important.
Re: Farmers In The House by adelegan1: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
okro is good but it depend on the season.you cant make profit here if you are in the south west because of cost labour. cost of labour is very high and it will leave you with nothing. I used to farm 3 hecter of okro farm. If you dont have enough labour you are going to run in a big lost.You need labour to harvest every 1 to 3 day it depend on how big your farm is. if you dont harvest when you are suppose to . the value of the okro depreciate and you cant sell. but the more you harvest the more it will keep fruiting
excelsiorfarm: @ saltimmy basic requirement is shelter,constant water source,at least some capital to feed(not much compare to fishes & poultry).large white is commonly gotten ,it is a good breed.@chudoify,yes i know about vegetables.Okro,ugwu,egusi & celosia spp(efo) gives great return on investment.@cheala piggery is good,plantain is good & also vegetable farming with fish farming.you can email or call.
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
femi_seun:

The Plastering and concrete work is the last stage after roofing because if the concrete gets weakened before u put the animals. Pigs will eat up the pen within one week (like biscuit) and u will start repairs.The concrete must be rich in cement to make it hard (Solid) and no single stone must shoot out.
@ femi d reason i asked u ıs because i know pigs will pull down those 6Inch blocks in no time,i dont what to condemn it.Nice work
Re: Farmers In The House by Chudoify: 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
Thanks alot.please can ugu and okro do well in southeast and southsouth.how do start?i love farming.thank you
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
@Adelegan i appreciate your contribution.Bible says iron sharpenth iron.my take on your point is why do u invest so much when laborers are not available.unfortunately but true,Nigerians are looking for sharp sharp money,hence most wont want to work on farm.Alternatively citizens of benin rep will come(formalise their documentatn with immigration).someone has me to come & partner on a 60 Hectare somewhere but i understand what it takes.even if your okro was on 1plot or half hectare(work on what u can contro
Re: Farmers In The House by adelegan1: 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Yes, you are right also work on what you can control. It is not a matter of how big the land is but how best you can manage it. when farming if you cant live in your farm make sure you can live not too far from your far and you can manage the perimeter of your land. I will always encourage greenhouse farming. in greenhouse farming they dont use large land but the produce more fresh farm product with large production because they can control alot of factor that affect the farm. If you have enough money i will encourage you to start a small green house farming. but greenhouse farming require a lot of tecnique. You have to learn how to run a green house.
excelsiorfarm: @Adelegan i appreciate your contribution.Bible says iron sharpenth iron.my take on your point is why do u invest so much when laborers are not available.unfortunately but true,Nigerians are looking for sharp sharp money,hence most wont want to work on farm.Alternatively citizens of benin rep will come(formalise their documentatn with immigration).someone has me to come & partner on a 60 Hectare somewhere but i understand what it takes.even if your okro was on 1plot or half hectare(work on what u can contro
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:58am On Dec 24, 2012
Chudoify: Thanks alot.please can ugu and okro do well in southeast and southsouth.how do start?i love farming.thank you
ugu will do well in sandy loam soil & okro in well drained matured soil.they will do well over their,but provided there are no oil
Re: Farmers In The House by BasseyJ(m): 1:14am On Dec 24, 2012
excelsiorfarm: i have been away for a while(had to attend to personal issues).i observed lots of work had been done.@Bassey J i send a mail today
@excelsiorfarm, thanks for the good work you are doing here. Concerning the mail, i hvnt gotten any from you yet, here's my mail again ''Johnebassey@gmail.com'', me and Femi are discusing on the cheapest accomodation to house the pigs for me, really looking forward to your input. Thanks
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 10:44am On Dec 24, 2012
excelsiorfarm: @ femi d reason i asked u ıs because i know pigs will pull down those 6Inch blocks in no time,i don't what to condemn it.Nice work

It is only clay blocks they cant eat and it is very expensive but i don't intend to spend all my earnings in building a pen house. I have a 3 year old existing pen house which is not damaged and it was built with 6inches blocks like the Lagos state govt prototype.

Once the concrete work is good and the pigs are well fed. There is no problem, if u like condemn it (I am not a property developer). All I am after is my returns from the pigs. grin.

Info marketers are already sending me emails not to spoil market so I am out of here. Take care everyone and will show u the last pic when its completed
Re: Farmers In The House by Chudoify: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
Please,i suggest you don't mind those so called info marketers.i can't buy any ebook rather i wil go to a real farmer and work with him for something.most of them have not seen pigs all through their life.thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can You Invest 1million Naira In 9ja With Good Returns In A Month / Nigeria Top Solid Mineral Buyers / Trusted Businessman Who Can Take My Naria And Pay A Seller In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.