Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (14192 Views)

What Network Plan Are You Currently Using For Heavy Downloads? / Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
We've all heard about the take-off of the Mobile Number Portability service slated for December, 2012. The ability to choose or fire your GSM service provider is one whose time has come, and will only deepen competition among operators and improve service quality.

We've all been stuck with the same service provider for years even though we're not happy with the services they provide, but have remained stuck for fear of losing the number and have resorted to carrying multiple SIM cards and phones about.

MNP enables you retain your number while switching from one network operator to the other. I for one can't wait to ditch the Airtel platform for Etisalat, for reasons of stunted growth/network coverage, customer service, network quality, cost of services and congestion. As for my MTN line, I'm binning it! angry So I ask what network would you be migrating to when the service kicks off?

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by k2039: 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
From mtn to etisalat

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
^ ^Ok, Etisalat too. Maybe the mods can help put up a poll on the thread as well.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Mynd44: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
Not changing a thing
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Xplicitonu: 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
On Airtel i dey kampe

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by kelsonpoint(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2012
I migrated to Airtel long time ago Cos Empty. Hen wan use me open office

11 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by RedLight1: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
etisalat or airtel straight ... just cant wait
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Revolva(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
Omo I dey with ma mtn jare I aint gat time for dese chit chat naija tin
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
From mtn to nitel

25 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by salolo(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
Etisalat
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by babarazy: 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2012
mtel all d way
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2012
I ll stick with my MTN.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2012
My Etisalat all the way,cant even think of changin it 4any network..
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by bmasz(m): 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
I'll stay with any of the service providers whose services looks appealing at any point in time. All of them are shylocks... Mtn is just better at the game of deception.

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Worthyisthelamb: 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
from MTN to Etisalat.....@ least MTN will be forced to depart from its exploitativetarrif rate against d nigerian subscribers.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by akhis: 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: I ll stick with my MTN line. Plenty people sabi me with it.

You seems not to understand. It means u could still retain the number but use it with another network. So from ur present mtn, which other network will u like to move to?
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by floriana(m): 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
0809ja for life
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by dridowu: 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
Na frm emptihen to etibaba

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Francuiz: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
econet
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by bernardbet(m): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
its working in ghana but still the networks dey bore
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2012
From airtel to jonathan
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
I'd be switching back and forth.

They all have their flaws.

On Etisalat, I hate the "Auto-Renew" thingy. On MTN, well (long story, you know).

5 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
Hope one can change networks like diapers or gfs without any charges? If yes, then I will stick to all of the netwrks, provided I can change at any point in time without any charges?

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by enkoby: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
HQ: I'd be switching back and forth.

They all have their flaws.

On Etisalat, I hate the "Auto-Renew" thingy. On MTN, well (long story, you know).

MTN dey do the "auto-renew' of BIS or BBC too, as long as you have sufficient airtime for the renewal.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by puskin: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
I'm sticking with my MTN.....afterall everywhere is yellow.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by abhosts(m): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
I would be using my Aitel Number on MTN. Overall I prefer MTN's Network to make and receive calls. Dropped calls with Airtel has become unbearable.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by ITbomb(m): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
airtel
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
Like HQ said, I'll be with any better one at a moment.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
Ranks007: From mtn to nitel
lol. From hell fire to lake of fire. Hahahaha.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
All my lines are going to etisalat grin grin grin grin grin grin #shekana

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by adewasco2k(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: I ll stick with my MTN line. Plenty people sabi me with it.
Can you read at all?
Just jump into a trend to comment undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Create And Convert Videos To Whatsapp Gifs On Your Smartphone / #ATAwards2019: Arewa Twitter Awards 2019 / Infinix Phone LCD Goes Off When Ever Call Is Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.