Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (14287 Views)

What Network Plan Are You Currently Using For Heavy Downloads? / Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by tempest01(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
It depends on location, quality of service and how cost effective it is...guess we will all be swapping back and forth because promos go plenty then.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by montero4relo(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2012
Can one still be able to retain his or her airtime after recharging MTN n switching back to ETISALAT?

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by seaktoks: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: I ll stick with my MTN line. Plenty people sabi me with it.

Seems you do not undestand the thread very well,you can read it many time,no one would query you for doing so o'kay.......
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by jevic(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2012
I think airtel will do.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Sike(m): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
ETISALAD ALL THE WAY!

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Suntemi(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
seaktoks:
Seems you do not undestand the thread very well,you can read it many time,no one would query you for doing so o'kay.......

Bad men full nL. Lol
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
enkoby:

MTN dey do the "auto-renew' of BIS or BBC too, as long as you have sufficient airtime for the renewal.

At least you can cancel it by sending STOP to 21600 but on Etisalat, you have to migrate to Easycliq or something and it ain't free.

Nonetheless, if this thing kicks off as explained, it would be Awesome. cool
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
montero4relo: Can one still be able to retain his or her airtime after recharging MTN n switching back to ETISALAT?

Good Question.

I doubt that would be possible(knowing our good old Telcos) but perhaps someone can throw more light on this.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
for me na etisalat oo. but i still wonder if this will really happen.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by vitality22(m): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
grin cheesy
Okiki_Oluwa: I ll stick with my MTN.
grin
Okiki_Oluwa: I ll stick with my MTN.
I MUST comment
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by iaindabawa(m): 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
from my exprience with all the networks,what I think MTN will still retain the No.1 spot,because despite having the highest number of subcribers their services are far more reliable than all the other networks.
MTN is not idle they still need to improve,but if you try GLO your balance will just keep reducing with making any call or enjoying any services.It do happens in other networks but the frequency it occurs in GLO is just unacceptable.
Airtel no need to explain
Etisalat auto renewal and challenges of obtaining 3G in there networks when you're a new subcriber especially in kano.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by etayokha(f): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
ahahahahahaha, better, lets see how it works?
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by ssii: 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
Is the mobile number portability for real? I have been waiting and praying for this, I am finally going to ditch mtn. Can't wait..hahaha Glo/ etisalat here I come.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by yhemini: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
I am changing my mtn finally 2 Etisalat or Airtel. But my Glo remains Glo!
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by ssii: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
montero4relo: Can one still be able to retain his or her airtime after recharging MTN n switching back to ETISALAT?[/color]
You are supposed to use up every credit on your former network before the number is transfered, otherwise it will be gone.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2012
HQ: I'd be switching back and forth.

They all have their flaws.

On Etisalat, I hate the "Auto-Renew" thingy. On MTN, well (long story, you know).
jeez! That auto renew of etisalat dealt with me,i haven't forgiven etisalat since then.

Not sure yet,may be switching between mtn and etisalat. Glo will join my team if they entice me well grin

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by mrman2(m): 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
Seems like etisalat is going to have to step up their game oo. A lot of people want to join the network.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
I'm not optimistic about this thing joor. It was first proposed in 2007, obviously it didn't work. When it is eventually implemented, service providers will charge a fortune to join or leave their network. They will try to discourage you from using it by making it difficult to access. For example, they will say it requires 5 days or more to port a number to a different network or you must have a minimum of N1k airtime after charges to use the service. With empty hen anything is possible.

www.nairaland.com/75102/ncc-plans-gsm-number-portability

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_number_portability

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Timijo(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
Since nobody as agree to switch to glo, let me choose them out of pity.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by antontech(m): 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
Wanted to change etisalat but now Glo so that i will use the BIS
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by yyb14: 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
montero4relo: Can one still be able to retain his or her airtime after recharging MTN n switching back to ETISALAT?
make sure u exhaurst ur airtime b4 migratin kowai
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by lorddannie: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
HQ: I'd be switching back and forth.

They all have their flaws.

On Etisalat, I hate the "Auto-Renew" thingy. On MTN, well (long story, you know).
you no want win aeroplane abi?

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
yyb14: make sure u exhaurst ur airtime b4 migratin kowai

Well the service will must likely attract a fee, which will be paid for via airtime. This will not be a 'free' service. There will be companies licensed to manage this service distinct from the regulatory body, the NCC.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by psalmizt(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
Empty Hen to Etisalat definitely, I have been waiting for this.... I won't even think 2ce...
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Raxxye(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
I‘ll stop using all phone services; I don tire to buy recharge card. Going back to letter-writing!

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
chuks315: I'm not optimistic about this thing joor. It was first proposed in 2007, obviously it didn't work. When it is eventually implemented, service providers will charge a fortune to join or leave their network. They will try to discourage you from using it by making it difficult to access. For example, they will say it requires 5 days or more to port a number to a different network or you must have a minimum of N1k airtime after charges to use the service. With empty hen anything is possible.

www.nairaland.com/75102/ncc-plans-gsm-number-portability

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_number_portability

I remember then too. Infact I have looked forward to this thing since 2005 when I first heard of it! What happened then was that the operators( ofcourse lead by MTN) requested for more time to finetune their infrastructure, grow their subscriber base etc.... before it could commence.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by psalmizt(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2012
mr_man: Seems like etisalat is going to have to step up their game oo. A lot of people want to join the network.

Yes ke.... It's obvious they appeal to most people. I pity Empty Hen cos ppl only stick to them cos of the stress of changing numbers... I av been waiting for like 2 years now.. Each time I look at my Empty Hen Line I feel extreme anguish utterly clueless network with so much pride.... Let's see who makes the loudest noise after MNP kicks in...
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by nodullin(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
Mtn to Etisalat^
Str8 up!!
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by adoniza(m): 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
Men, it's etisalat all the wayyy. They have the best network so far
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
Raxxye: I‘ll stop using all phone services; I don tire to buy recharge card. Going back to letter-writing!
hahahahaha grin
Abeg write me o! I will reply you but you'l recieve it by 2050 grin
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by KINGwax(m): 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2012
But why? Why will i change my mtn to those other yeye networks?
Except for browsing which i prefer glo, all other network in naija na hype!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? / How To Protect Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat Accounts / NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.