Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe (20145 Views)

Vote For Isabella Ayuk At The Miss Universe 2012 Holding Tomorrow / Winners From The 2012 FAB Awards / Pictures Of UNILAG Africarribean Carnival 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by torgbe(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2012
vislabraye: Angola is the best. May be I would marry from there.
Surprised the Ghana has a cute chick. I was expecting something has dark and rough as charcoal.
are u high on something.weed is not good 4 ya stop it now.smh
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by preeky: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2012
where is miss Kenya ,Uganda,senegal,ivory coast?
Am amazed by the beauty of miss ghana and botswana
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by pendo89(f): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2012
Where are the rest?
If I was to pick out a winner from among these,Angola/Botswana would take the crown.But as far Miss Universe is concerned? none of these would beat the venezueleans,indians,brazilians or mexicans.Forget colour,the features must be perfect eyes,cheek bones,nose,lips.We can do better as Africa.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by nex(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2012
Wow! The ladies are quite beautiful. I know Isabella Agbor Ayuk somewhere. I'm not certain where, but we still are Facebook friends, and I can assure you, she's a very breathtaking woman. I wish her the best.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by sweetcheecks(f): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: a minority who has all the wealth right..? Who can shoot innocent strikers ..how guys call SA rainbow nation when they r a minority.. i mean i have never heard such word from the USa . .Sa needs to do like zimbabwe kick out the white men or at least like a majority..u r a shame to the BANTU RACE

Bantu race my buttttocks.

You are a shame the human race. Kick them out so we could be like Cameroon? And there were also black police in that incident. By the way whats your country's story except being good in football. Oooh no, used to be good. Mpa
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Godsvow: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Info retrieved from BellaNaija

Angola
Name: Marcelina Vahekeni
Hometown: Ondjiva
Biography
Born in 1990, Marcelina Vahekeni is an Angolan beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Angola 2011 and is representing her country in the 2012 Miss Universe pageant. She is a model and a student of Human Resource Management.

Nigeria is the best here
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by megxo(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
DAT ANGOLA GIRL HAS GOOD LIPS 4 DOING A REFEREE'S JOB grin
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
Miss Ghana is cute. South Africa na Wash....
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by callonme(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
Beauty..they say...is in the eyes of the beholder...dnt crucify me if I pick the Miss Ghana as the Most Beautiful...common...I cant deceive myself because I'v a Nigerian in the house...I lov her picture....and posture...well,may be because I'm a photographer....
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: a minority who has all the wealth right..? Who can shoot innocent strikers ..how guys call SA rainbow nation when they r a minority.. i mean i have never heard such word from the USa . .Sa needs to do like zimbabwe kick out the white men or at least like a majority..u r a shame to the BANTU RACE
Oh please can we all stop this Malcolm X bulls-hit - Bantu, Blacks, Black Movement, Steve Biko blah blah stuff?
The whites in SA aren't going anywhere and that's that. Take it or leave it. There are whites, Indians, Chinese, Lebanese, Arabs living in Africa, just as we've got Africans who live in Europe and that's their home. If people were to start chasing away other "non-indigenous" races from their lands I don't know who'll have the last laugh - Africans or the whites? Let's not even go there.

They decided to have a minority represent them, maybe because they already know that it takes nothing away from them. If there are people who feel less beautiful when they see a tall, skinny, white woman being crowned a beauty queen, then maybe they should start being responsible for their own self esteem first and quit whining about skinny white women being preferred. It's not anyone's obligation to walk on eggshells around Africans, especially because we can't even accept who we are. We're the same ones who bash our own features and the minute we see others being represented by the features we all love to applaud, we whine like wounded beasts. We bash our own diversities but pretend to be "united" as a race. Who are we fooling?
Another thing, don't bring up the issue of "innocent" miners being shot at. Those guys were anything but innocent.......story for another day (in fact, it has already been discussed on Nairaland).

Back to topic - Ghana, Namibia and Botswana in that order. cool

1 Like

Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
Good Girl:
Oh please can we all stop this Malcolm X bulls-hit - Bantu, Blacks, Black Movement, Steve Biko blah blah stuff?
The whites in SA aren't going anywhere and that's that
. Take it or live it. There are whites, Indians, Chinese, Lebanese, Arabs living in Africa, just as we've got Africans who live in Europe and that's their home. If people were to start chasing away other "non-indigenous" races from their lands I don't know who'll have the last laugh. Africans or the whites? So please, let's not even go there. Personally, I would have wanted to see a black SA girl to be Miss SA, but if that's not the case, I won't battle with it. It hasn't taken away what I feel is beautiful about me. They decided to have a minority represent them, maybe because they already know that it takes nothing away from them. If there're people who feel less beautiful when they see a tall, skinny, white woman being crowned a beauty queen, then maybe they should be start being responsible for their own self esteem first and quit whining about skinny white woman being preferred. It's not anyone's duty to "please Africans" if we can't even accept who we are. We're the same ones who bash our own features and the minute we see others being represented by the features we all love to applaud, we whine like wounded beasts. We bash our own diversities but pretend to be "united" as a race. Who are we fooling?
Another thing, please don't bring up the issue of "innocent" miners being shot at. Those guys were anything but innocent.......story for another day (in fact, it has already been discussed on Nairaland).

Don't worry until people try to crucify you for saying the truth here in this forum.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Kajina: 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
Good Girl:
The whites in SA aren't going anywhere and that's that. Take it or leave it. There are whites, Indians, Chinese, Lebanese, Arabs living in Africa, just as we've got Africans who live in Europe and that's their home. If people were to start chasing away other "non-indigenous" races from their lands I don't know who'll have the last laugh. Africans or the whites? So please, let's not even go there. Personally, I would have wanted to see a black SA girl crowned Miss SA, but if that's not the case, I won't battle with it. It hasn't taken away what I feel is beautiful about me. They decided to have a minority represent them, maybe because they already know that it takes nothing away from them. If there're people who feel less beautiful when they see a tall, skinny, white woman being crowned a beauty queen, then maybe they should start being responsible for their own self esteem first and quit whining about skinny white women being preferred. It's not anyone's obligation to walk on egg-shell around Africans, especially because we can't even accept who we are. We're the same ones who bash our own features and the minute we see others being represented by the features we all love to applaud, we whine like wounded beasts.[b][/b] We bash our own diversities but pretend to be "united" as a race. Who are we fooling?
Another thing, please don't bring up the issue of "innocent" miners being shot at. Those guys were anything but innocent.......story for another day (in fact, it has already been discussed on Nairaland).

True say my sister! I can't agree with you more on that one.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
sweetcheecks:

You are a shame the human race. Kick them out so we could be like Cameroon? And there were also black police in that incident. By the way whats your country's story except being good in football. Oooh no, used to be good. Mpa
let me open my pc..brb
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
Good Girl:
The whites in SA aren't going anywhere and that's that. Take it or leave it. There are whites, Indians, Chinese, Lebanese, Arabs living in Africa, just as we've got Africans who live in Europe and that's their home. If people were to start chasing away other "non-indigenous" races from their lands I don't know who'll have the last laugh. Africans or the whites? So please, let's not even go there. Personally, I would have wanted to see a black SA girl crowned Miss SA, but if that's not the case, I won't battle with it. It hasn't taken away what I feel is beautiful about me. They decided to have a minority represent them, maybe because they already know that it takes nothing away from them. If there're people who feel less beautiful when they see a tall, skinny, white woman being crowned a beauty queen, then maybe they should start being responsible for their own self esteem first and quit whining about skinny white women being preferred. It's not anyone's obligation to walk on egg-shell around Africans, especially because we can't even accept who we are. We're the same ones who bash our own features and the minute we see others being represented by the features we all love to applaud, we whine like wounded beasts. We bash our own diversities but pretend to be "united" as a race. Who are we fooling?

did u read the all thread before quoting me? I doubt..do it and u find nothing wrong in what she said..just step back cuz me found a lot of BS...
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by onila(f): 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
Good Girl:
The whites in SA aren't going anywhere and that's that. Take it or leave it. There are whites, Indians, Chinese, Lebanese, Arabs living in Africa, just as we've got Africans who live in Europe and that's their home. If people were to start chasing away other "non-indigenous" races from their lands I don't know who'll have the last laugh. Africans or the whites? So please, let's not even go there. Personally, I would have wanted to see a black SA girl crowned Miss SA, but if that's not the case, I won't battle with it. It hasn't taken away what I feel is beautiful about me. They decided to have a minority represent them, maybe because they already know that it takes nothing away from them. If there're people who feel less beautiful when they see a tall, skinny, white woman being crowned a beauty queen, then maybe they should start being responsible for their own self esteem first and quit whining about skinny white women being preferred. It's not anyone's obligation to walk on egg-shell around Africans, especially because we can't even accept who we are. We're the same ones who bash our own features and the minute we see others being represented by the features we all love to applaud, we whine like wounded beasts. We bash our own diversities but pretend to be "united" as a race. Who are we fooling?

we are slaves in America and europe

but the white south africans control their economy

big difference

yr saying rubbish, incomparable
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by onila(f): 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: did u read the all thread before quoting me? I doubt..to conclude ur commen makes no sense..(since when white r indigenous in Africa smh) kindly open a history book or step back...
smiley
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by onila(f): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
sweetcheecks:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Anonymous123: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2012
vislabraye: Angola is the best. May be I would marry from there.
Surprised the Ghana has a cute chick. I was expecting something has dark and rough as charcoal.

and i am also surprised that miss nigerian has a small mouth because i was expecting to see someone with a big mouth. you know, the miss piggy kinda mouth. as usual with nigerians, miss nigeria looks bleached and very musculine.

2 Likes

Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Horus(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
onila:
damn shes so ugly, her profile pic made her look halle berry

Post your own picture here and let us see who is better between you or her.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Kajina: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
Anonymous_123:

and i am also surprised that miss nigerian has a small mouth because i was expecting to see someone with a big mouth. you know, the miss piggy kinda mouth. as usual with nigerians, miss nigeria looks bleached and very musculine.

My dear, take it easy. It’s obvious the guy has a problem upstairs. Just ignore him, he’s not worth your time.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Kajina: 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
Horus:

Post your own picture here and let us see who is better between you or her.

@onila, The ball is in your court now! grin grin grin
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by EKARO(m): 1:50am On Nov 30, 2012
Botswana all .
@ILEKE could u hook me up with her?
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by OneNaira6: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2012
Miss. Angola and Ghana are so far the best.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2012
onila:

we are slaves in America and europe

but the white south africans control their economy

big difference

yr saying rubbish, incomparable

I don't know what you're talking about Onila. The Africans in Europe and America that I know are not slaves. Many are just doing well for themselves wherever they are.
And has anyone stopped you from controlling any economy anywhere in the world because you're African? With all the intelligent people Africa has, all we need to do is get innovative and quit whining! If you as Onila came up with an idea that will create positive change (socially, economically, politically and culturally), no sane person will reject it. If you don't, then all you have to do is sit back, fold your arms and watch those people who come up with innovations take control of your economy. It's as simple as that.

Africans with their whining mentality. Smh. angry

*promises not to derail topic ......*
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2012
Anonymous_123:
and i am also surprised that miss nigerian has a small mouth because i was expecting to see someone with a big mouth. you know, the miss piggy kinda mouth.
Oh you mean the full lips typical of African women?
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
Good Girl:

I don't know what you're talking about Onila. The Africans in Europe and America that I know are not slaves. Many are just doing well for themselves wherever they are.
And has anyone stopped you from controlling any economy anywhere in the world because you're African? With all the intelligent people Africa has, all we need to do is get innovative and quit whining! If you as Onila came up with an idea that will create positive change (socially, economically, politically and culturally), no sane person will reject it. If you don't, then all you have to do is sit back, fold your arms and watch those people who come up with innovations control your economy. It's as simple as that.

Africans with their whining mentality. Smh. angry

*promises not to derail topic ......*
Not only that African leaders are fond of stealing the people's resources for personal gain, it is the same people carrying rumor about Africans abroad being used as slaves are still the ones supporting such corrupt practice.

Africans are their greatest problem, most especially, their held views to anything modern and white!
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Chennai: 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Ghana
Name: Gifty Ofori
Hometown: Accra
Biography
Gifty Ofori grew up in the suburbs of Accra, the capital city of Ghana, in a household where discipline, hard work, and achievement were always emphasized. Quite the tomboy, She would often be found playing outside with her siblings and friends. Her interests include gardening, nature, and travelling. Currently, Gifty works as a registered nurse and hopes to one day become a doctor.

In her Own Words
I pursue every goal and opportunity presented to me with passion.

Fun Facts about Gifty

She collects pebbles gathered from along the coast of Ghana and other West African beaches
Gifty’s dream job is to become a medical journalist on an international news network
Gifty once helped deliver a baby on the side of a road when she was a first-year nursing student

Beauty
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by sweetcheecks(f): 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
shymexx:

Nigeria and Libya sponsored the ANC militias - even Mandela was trained in Libya... Nigeria also gave free scholarships to South African students... When the oil boom kicked off, we supplied black South Africans free oil and sponsored some of the movements.. Heck, back then we had so much money, we paid the salaries of Jamaican teachers at that time... You need to go read your history books and see how the black world fought for black South Africans...

Angolans and Afro-Cubans fought against the Apartheid SA and defeated them - the sounding defeat allowed most of the Southern African countries to win their independence... Saying they never fought for you is borderline disrespectful...

And Steve Biko wanted black people to think independently from the whites in SA and do their own thing separately - hence why he coined the term: "Black Consciousness." However, no one's telling you to be in Nigeria's situation, or leave your country - but bringing an ugly and bloody past into a discourse is disrespectful to black people around the world who fought for you lot....

This is the South African Anthem:
Lord bless Africa
Let its (Africa's) horn be raised
Listen also to our prayers
Lord bless us
We are the family of it (Africa)

It's all about Africa, your heroes recognised the contribution of Africa to what your country is today!!! wink

Dear that is not true. Please bring me one document or newspaper article about Nigeria sponsoring the ANC. Libya, Cuba, Russia, Hamas trained and supported the ANC even Mugabe never really supported the ANC. Only Zambia, Tanzania, Mozambique, Swaziland, Lesotho were ANC hide outs. Nigeria was too far out to use it as a hide out. What scolarships. What petrol to black people in SA? How did you do that? SA borders were tight as nothing. The apartheid government would have never allowed anything coming in or out of the country. You guys are name dropping. undecided

Again Angola was fighting their own war with against Savimbi who was sponsored by the apartheid government. Please do not say I am disrespectful. You people were busy with Coup after coup not saying you did absolute nothing but this you owe us attitude is out. Europ, US, Palestine ( Hamas) Cuba, Russia, Libya and our neighbours played the bigger roles. Just prove me wrong give proof. dont feel disrespected. lipsrsealed

Actualy you are real irritating me with this disrespecting issue. I do not care who did what and I owe them shi*t. Thats how the world is like. AND AGAIN YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, I STILL CHOOSE MY COUNTRY WITH MY FORMER OPPRESORS THAN YOU LOT. I HAVE LEARNT TO FORGIVE THEM. YOU KNOW IT IS BETTER THAN BLACK KILLING MILLIONS OF OTHER BLACKS AND STILL HATING EACH OTHERS GUTS 50 YEARS LATER. MHHHHMMMM, AND YOU PUT YOURSELVES IN POSITION TO JUDGE?

PLEASE YOU ARE DISRESPECTING MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE MY GORRY PAST AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
sweetcheecks:

Dear that is not true. Please bring me one document or newspaper article about Nigeria sponsoring the ANC. Libya, Cuba, Russia, Hamas trained and supported the ANC even Mugabe never really supported the ANC. Only Zambia, Tanzania, Mozambique, Swaziland, Lesotho were ANC hide outs. Nigeria was too far out to use it as a hide out. What scolarships. What petrol to black people in SA? How did you do that? SA borders were tight as nothing. The apartheid government would have never allowed anything coming in or out of the country. You guys are name dropping. undecided

Again Angola was fighting their own war with against Savimbi who was sponsored by the apartheid government. Please do not say I am disrespectful. You people were busy with Coup after coup not saying you did absolute nothing but this you owe us attitude is out. Europ, US, Palestine ( Hamas) Cuba, Russia, Libya and our neighbours played the bigger roles. Just prove me wrong give proof. dont feel disrespected. lipsrsealed

Actualy you are real irritating me with this disrespecting issue. I do not care who did what and I owe them shi*t. Thats how the world is like. AND AGAIN YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, I STILL CHOOSE MY COUNTRY WITH MY FORMER OPPRESORS THAN YOU LOT. I HAVE LEARNT TO FORGIVE THEM. YOU KNOW IT IS BETTER THAN BLACK KILLING MILLIONS OF OTHER BLACKS AND STILL HATING EACH OTHERS GUTS 50 YEARS LATER. MHHHHMMMM, AND YOU PUT YOURSELVES IN POSITION TO JUDGE?

PLEASE YOU ARE DISRESPECTING MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE MY GORRY PAST AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.
You hate to hear Nigeria helped South Africa during Apartheid regime mentioned here but like to brag about SA investment in sustaining Nigerian economy! Hehehe... Don't hate dear Nigerians are you real masters! Lol... Seriously, why do you hate to hear about Nigeria helping SA? grin grin grin
Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Chennai:
Beauty
Agreed. That Ghanaian girl is my first choice. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: did u read the all thread before quoting me? I doubt.
I did. I just disliked the idea of "us" vs "them" which I picked up in all your posts.
I believe it's possible to have "black pride" without having to bash everything else that isn't black/"Bantu".

1 Like

Re: Africans Representing At The 2012 Miss Universe by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 03, 2012
Good Girl:
I did. I just disliked the idea of "us" vs "them" which I picked up in all your posts.
I believe it's possible to have "black pride" without having to bash everything else that isn't black/"Bantu".

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban / Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? / Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.