Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet - Computers (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (266827 Views)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by emstyne(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nm using mtn.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by annytee(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
what about glo settings
emstyne: Anytime i click on d "mobile internet setting" it says "failed to start mobile internet",pllz wat do i do

author=haibe] For the benefit of those who don't know how to use their blackberry as a modem for their laptop to browse the internet, i will post this short tutorial.

First of all, Download the blackberry desktop manager here if you dont have the CD that came with your phone:

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

After installing, Just connect your blackberry to your laptop using a usb
cable, open the bb desktop manager and make sure it has
connected (it will show the picture of your bb device when
connected and "Sync all" at the bottom right).

After it has connected: Click on the "Tools bar" at the top
Left of the bb manager, then click on "mobile internet
settings", then click on the "Add custom" button, A Box will
appear for filling settings.

For Mtn: Account/profile name: MTNWAP
Username:web
Password:web
Access point:blackberry.net
Dont put anything again, just click on ok and save.

For Airtel: Profile name: AIRTEL NG
Username: internet
Password: internet
Access point: internet.ng.airtel.com
Leave the rest blank and click on ok and save

Now go back to click on the tools bar, then click on "start
mobile internet, it will ask you to connect, do so. Or
alternatively click on "mobile internet" at the bottom left of
the software and connect.
Goodluck..you can check your data balance for airtel by
pressing *123*10# to monitor your data usage and make sure your Bis is on..thanks.

Let me know if it helped or if you all have any questions.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by omagrl: 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
My worked and stopped it refuse to work again y?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by tuwayz(m): 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mine connected but didn't open any web page why?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by anakobe1: 12:48am On Nov 08, 2014
It worked with my bold 5 on glo line but it only connects,no glo network access.please help
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by anakobe1: 12:56am On Nov 08, 2014
It worked with my bold 5 but it only connect no glo network access please help
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by bigfat: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
3 Pentium 4 Cpu(Desktop)
40gig hard drive
2.8GHz
512RAM
15 inch flatscreen monitor all@ N9,500

2 Pentium 4 Cpu(Desktop)
20gig hard drive
1GHz
512RAM
15 inch flat screen monitor all @6,500

also available 3 ups N2,500 each,2 computer tables (4 seater each for pc) N17,500 ,spectrant modem 4g 10k

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by kingojemen: 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
I think glo has stopped and blocked there network from browsing through tether .. Please if there is anyone here who still connects and browse using tether with Glo as of today please post a reply and what time today did you browse with it . Thank You
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2014
Pls GLO BIS no more work with my Bold 5 to PC tether! embarassed Any other way to Use my Bold 5 as modem with Glo BIS Help Plz
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by kingojemen: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2014
Omostan please if you find anyother way to connect kindly post ... Does etisalat work for tether
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by yungcyrus(m): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
Help ma own is telling me check ur profile settings and make sure ur radio is turned on.

Wat do i do?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by 4ross: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
How to Browse Unlimited with PD Proxy VPN and MTN BIS

Subscribe to any of the MTN BIS plans (for 100 Naira daily plan send BBCDAY to 21600 and for 1000 Naira monthly plan send BBC to 21600).
Make sure you have the latest java runtime on your computer
Goto http://www.pdproxy.com/signup.htm and register (note your username and password)
Download the latest PD Proxy VPN software from here http://downloads.pdproxy.com/PD-Proxy_VPN.zip install it
Open PD-launcher.exe, when you are prompted to install a driver, press YES
When opened goto settings and first change route delay to 2 then use the below settings:
TCP Server port: 443

UDP Server port: 0

Bind local port: 0

Now goto parent proxy settings and use:

IP: 10.199.212.2

Port: 8080

Header: host: ping.blackberry.com

to buy a voucher or premium account call 080164244303 or whatsapp only +2348141508603 or bbm: 332AB463
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by 4ross: 9:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
Requirements
1. A Laptop or desktop computer
2. An internet modem (any type)
3. An MTN Sim with an Active Bis Plan on it.
How to proceed the Setup on Your Computer
1. First Subscribe for Any of the Mtn Bis plan, just as highlighted below.

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete daily plan, Text "bbcday" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*1#. Daily plan costs #100

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete
weekly plan, Text "bbcweek" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*2#. Weekly plan costs #500.

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete monthly plan, Text "BBC" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*1#. Monthly plan costs #1,000

2. Then From your computer, download the latest version of tunnelguru program via here.

3. Also Download and install Java runtime on your computer, if you are using tunnelguru on it for the first time. Javaruntime would enable the program to run properly.

4. If you don't have an account with tunnelguru, then sign up an account with them via here.

5. Once you have downloaded the tunnelguru program, launch it and simply input the below setup.

Server: Select Demo (If you are a free user)
Rport: 80
Lport: 0
User name: Input your registered tunnelguru user name
Password: Input your registered tunnelguru password
Protocol: TCP
Header: host.web.blackberry.com
Tick on Use Proxy, and make sure that you input 10.199.212.2:8080.

to buy a voucher or premium account call 080164244303 or whatsapp only +2348141508603 or bbm: 332AB463

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Greyworld: 11:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Does it stil work
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by sseeyyii: 3:50am On Jul 03, 2015
Pls guys I downloaded the apps bt it didn't work for my fone. Em using bold 5

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.