Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (266877 Views)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by gafmod: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
@chikebrain,am on GLO BIS data plan kindly mail me on how to browse unlimited with the 'VPN' @ teeflyin@gmail.com.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by visalat(m): 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
HOW TO USE BLACKBERRY AS A MODEM ON PC TO BROWSE FREE USING GATEWAYVPN
If you own a blackberry phone and you desire to browse free with your personal computer using your blackberry as a modem it’s simple, easy and economical. Follow the steps. You can save the money for buying a new modem/paying for internet and make use of your blackberry phone as your modem.
This article also contains the the configuration settings of MTN BIS in Nigeria for your blackberry phone. Below are the steps you will follow to achieving this.
STEP 1: Download and Install Blackberry Desktop Manager or check your Phone Pack for the CD that comes with it.
STEP 2:. After Downloading and installing the blackberry desktop manager. Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager after Installation and Click to Tools in the menu bar section. Select Mobile Internet Settings
Use this As your Settings depending on the Network you choose.
MTN SETTINGS
Profile Name: MTN Nigeria
Username: web
Password: web
Access Point: blackberry.net
STEP 4: After completing all the steps above, press the OK Button to exit the small popup screen then OK Again to exit the Mobile Internet Settings configuration dialog.
STEP 4: You will see a warning on your screen showing and notifying you that you will be Charged, all you have to do is Ignore it, if you have already Subscribed. Then Click on CONNECT
STEP 5:
When you have Connected to the Internet and you are Ready to Browse, at the bottom left of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you should see something like this (Time Connected and Data Used). What it mean, is that you are now connected to the internet and ready to go.
Now to browse free with no charge on your laptop
STEP1: Simply activate the mtn blackberry internet subscription.

STEP2: Download gatewayvpn software at gatewayvpn dot com

STEP3: Install and purchase any plan.Input your already paid username and password and click connect.

YOU ARE NOW USING YOUR BIS TO BROWSE FREE WITH UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS FOC!!!
For more information,click here

Facts About This Solution.

-It is not a cheat.

-It is completely legal.

-It uses RIM server ( I.e Research In Motion server, The makers of Blackberry ).

CALL ME ON 08035520482 FOR DETAILS AND VOUCHERS

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by MrSinister(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
visalat:

If you own a blackberry phone and you desire to browse free with your personal computer using your blackberry as a modem it’s simple, easy and economical. Follow the steps. You can save the money for buying a new modem/paying for internet and make use of your blackberry phone as your modem.
This article also contains the the configuration settings of MTN BIS in Nigeria for your blackberry phone. Below are the steps you will follow to achieving this.
STEP 1: Download and Install Blackberry Desktop Manager or check your Phone Pack for the CD that comes with it.
STEP 2:. After Downloading and installing the blackberry desktop manager. Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager after Installation and Click to Tools in the menu bar section. Select Mobile Internet Settings
MTN SETTINGS

I am using a BB storm 2 and none of all these tactics seem to work. please help me
STEP 4: After completing all the steps above, press the OK Button to exit the small popup screen then OK Again to exit the Mobile Internet Settings configuration dialog.
STEP 4: You will see a warning on your screen showing and notifying you that you will be Charged, all you have to do is Ignore it, if you have already Subscribed. Then Click on CONNECT
STEP 5:
When you have Connected to the Internet and you are Ready to Browse, at the bottom left of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you should see something like this (Time Connected and Data Used). What it mean, is that you are now connected to the internet and ready to go.

STEP3: Install and purchase any plan.Input your already paid username and password and click connect.

-It is not a cheat.

-It is completely legal.

-It uses RIM server ( I.e Research In Motion server, The makers of Blackberry ).

I use a BlackBerry storm 9520. I've try almost every method i read online & its not working. Please help me set up this phone has a modem.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Chikebrain: 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
gafmod: @chikebrain,am on GLO BIS data plan kindly mail me on how to browse unlimited with the 'VPN' @ teeflyin@gmail.com.
Glo don't need VPN, just configure your modem with the following settings
APN: blackberry.net
Username: flat
Password: flat

Click on connect and you should start browsing. (Note that Glo gives 3GB so its therefore not unlimited). This tweak can be used on your Iphones, andriods, symbians, windows et al phones.
Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by MrSinister(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Chikebrain:
Glo don't need VPN, just configure your modem with the following settings
APN: blackberry.net
Username: flat
Password: flat

Click on connect and you should start browsing. (Note that Glo gives 3GB so its therefore not unlimited). This tweak can be used on your Iphones, andriods, symbians, windows et al phones.
Thanks

I sent you an email, but you've not yet responded
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Chikebrain: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

I sent you an email, but you've not yet responded
I'm really sorry, please could you send me the mail again. I didnt get the mail
Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by MrSinister(m): 6:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
Chikebrain:
I'm really sorry, please could you send me the mail again. I didnt get the mail
Thanks

I just sent you another one now
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Chikebrain: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

I just sent you another one now
ok
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by visalat(m): 9:03am On Jan 31, 2013
@ Mr.Sinister call me on 08035520482 i will set it up for u free...
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by visalat(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

I use a BlackBerry storm 9520. I've try almost every method i read online & its not working. Please help me set up this phone has a modem.

CALL ME ON 08035520482
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by MrSinister(m): 9:38am On Jan 31, 2013
visalat:

CALL ME ON 08035520482

Ok, i'll call you by 5pm. Thanks in advance
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by tunde1200(m): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
Bros kindly help me out on how to use my BB as modem have try download the software on net I couldn't get it.

Regards
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by olempe(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2013
Well, I finally tried it today and it worked like magic. Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ to the Op, by the way, Is It Unlimited?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by cbaba: 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
I dont know if I am in the right place but I can use my BIS for that laptop and share it wireless to other gadgets at a very fast speed. Airtel is what I am very fond of. the catch is that I dont even need a BB to do these things. If u are curious why dont you ask me more via 08088267830 Airtel | 08185029114 Etisalat. Mind you am not selling anyhting,I will just explain further. The reason I am not doing it here is cause a friend who showed me how to would not approve of it.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by delishpot: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
I browse the internet using my bb bis 3k. when I browse it does not use any data unlike tethering app but the downside is that it is slow and I cant open some browsers like Hotmail, yahoo and youtube. I am typing using my bb as a modem right now. please how do I get it to open those other sites?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by gafmod: 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ok,now that glo bis stop working is there any possibility of browsing with bis data plan?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by delishpot: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2013
yaaay. finally I can do all things with my bis.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by jendoslim(m): 11:59am On Mar 18, 2013
pls, how can i upgrade my os using th e blackberry desktop manager
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Mcleo007(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2013
Mr.Sinister:

Same problem as do I.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 27, 2013
Guyz my connection is not working. i am getting this pop up message! THE PPP LINK CONTROL PROTOCOL WAS TERMINATED.
What do i do please. someone help o.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by maxjames: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Big tnks bro. Am actually on Glo Comonth. It connected using Internet Explorer bt was unable to open d page even after connection. I was able to view d status of my connection via my Pc n all I cud c was 'internet Local connectn only. Pls help
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by akambay2k: 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
i try it for etisalat and it connected and show me internet access but i cant open any page on my latop help
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by futa1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
If you need mtn or airtel unlimited browsing sim, contact adragoldboy@gmail.com
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by akambay2k: 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
Any one know any thing about etisalat code pls every time. Try to use my phone the take my money I need help
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by fabulous01(m): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
good stuff.but r dey still workin.thks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2013
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 14, 2013
visalat:

MTN SETTINGS
STEP 5:

-It is not a cheat.

-It is completely legal.

Hello Boss thnx so much for ur profound benevolence n magnanimty with such highly held n informative Gem u posted! I appreciate; buh pls sire, I understood aall u wrote save d 2nd part "the VPN gateway part" I didn't really understand it, can u pls luciddly n unequivocally illuminate on this I'll profoundly appreciate it! Thnx sire, n I am waiting ....
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by gulfer: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
Raymondenyi:

Hello Boss thnx so much for ur profound benevolence n magnanimty with such highly held n informative Gem u posted! I appreciate; buh pls sire, I understood aall u wrote save d 2nd part "the VPN gateway part" I didn't really understand it, can u pls luciddly n unequivocally illuminate on this I'll profoundly appreciate it! Thnx sire, n I am waiting ....
Is this Patrick Obaihagbon?

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 15, 2013
Thanx Y'all I really don't n wouldn't know how to show my profound and gigantuan appreciation for what y'all have done for me!I feel so indepted and more-so loyal 2 say the least as a matter of fact this is my very first time to assess NL via PC. I feel like holding Y'all and giving Y'all big and Huge kisses; Muuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!! God Bless Y'all nd forever shall he!
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by just4just: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
Help
I use etisalat bis. My pc conected. But does not broese. What can I do

Iis anyone using etisalat in d house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.