Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men (1605 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men / "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Timijo(m): 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
I got this note from a friend and it struck a chord in me so i decided to share it with all i hope you learn something from it like i did...Some may have read, if you have, read again, I did and it still struck chords.... to the people who haven't? What the heck, knock yourselves out!
HEAR WHAT OPRAH WINFREY HAD TO SAY ABOUT MEN.
If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away .If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.
Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be. Slower is better.
If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you, as you deserve then heck no, you can't 'be friends'. A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.
Don't settle. If you feel likehe is stringing you along, then he probably is! Don’t stay because you think 'it will get better’. You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?
Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.
Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.
You cannot change a man's behaviour. Change comes from within.
Don't EVER make him feel he is more important thanyou are...Even if he has more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.
Never let a man define who you are.
Never borrow someone else's man. A man will onlytreat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
All men are NOT dogs. There are still loads of niceones out there.
You should not be the onedoing all the bending...Compromise is two way street.
You need time to heal between relationships...There is nothing cute about baggage...Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship!
You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...!
Look for someone complimentary...not supplementary.
Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.
Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always knows where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.
Never move into his mother's house.
Never co-sign for a man.
Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give youeverything that you need.
Keep him in your radar but get to know others. Scared of being alone is what makes a lot of women stay in relationships that are abusive or hurtful! You should know that: You’re the best thing that could ever happen to anyone and if a man mistreats you, he'll miss out on a good thing.
If he was attracted to you in the 1st place, just know that he's not the only one.They’re all watching you, so you have a lot of choices. Make the right one.
Ladies take care of your own hearts!

3 Likes

Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Boring!

We have already discussed it.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Timijo(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2012
carefreewannabe: Boring!

We have already discussed it.
Leave it for others.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2012
Is Oprah a man? How does she know all of this?
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by RedLight1: 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
she sounded like a feminist.. Duno her to be one though
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by luvmijeje(f): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
Oprah thanks,truly a word on marble.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
With her big head. Is this the kind of advice she gives to ladies? No wonder divorce rate in the west is alarming. If all ladies follow this footstep of hers, more than 95% marriages would crash on the first year. Worbbish...

2 Likes

Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by 2blunt: 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
luvmijeje: Oprah thanks,truly a word on marble.

Wat abt word on granite! Mtchewwwwwwww!
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 30, 2012
I wonder who go love-u-jeje
luvmijeje: Oprah thanks,truly a word on marble.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 30, 2012
You mean I should read all of this crab angry

Your lucky for d ban I 4 don tell u somthing
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by dozieben2(m): 12:35am On Nov 30, 2012
Nice one Oprah
Winfrey , no wonder she is yet to find d "perfect " man
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 30, 2012
dozieben2: Nice one Oprah
Winfrey , no wonder she is yet to find d "perfect " man
true talk my brother.
Sake of say chimapzee no see banana, him de advice other monkey se make dem no chop banana again, se e de cause purge. Smh
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by RedLight1: 1:16am On Nov 30, 2012
dvdon: You mean I should read all of this crab angry

Your lucky for d ban I 4 don tell u somthing
lol u dnt have to read crab jare! Just read the spongebob instead grin
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by obyrich(m): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2012
Before any Nigerian lady dives into this boat with Oprah Winfrey, ask yourself 'what has kept Oprah a single woman till date?' I'm sure the answer lies in this set of rules which she is selling out to you. Oprah is a bad loser as far as relationship is concerned and she wants people to go down with her. Only people who are successful in their marriage can clearly enunciate rules for a happy married life or relationship.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Mynd44: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2012
Oprah is giving relationship advice?

Chai, this lie don spoil
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by shakirahpweety: 7:47am On Nov 30, 2012
[quote
author=lrguru]With her big head. Is this the kind of advice she gives
to ladies? No wonder divorce rate in the west is alarming. If all ladies
follow this footstep of hers, more than 95% marriages would crash on
the first year. Worbbish...[/quote]

either u like wat she said or not , dats d plain truth. mtcheeeewwww
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 30, 2012
shakirah pweety:

either u like wat she said or not , dats d plain truth. mtcheeeewwww

no i like what u said instead. Plain truth my as5
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by luvmijeje(f): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
Guyz chill!can u please highlight what she wrote dat was wrong.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Koolking(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2012
Of course, we are all entitled to our opinion. Oprah just made hers. The reality is, nobody has the magic stick to give to you to run your relationship. Even the best relationship counselor cannot help out in your embattled relationship when you and your partner have not made any concerted effort to make it work.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
There is a silent rule in the education industry.BSc can teach HND. MSc can teach BSc. Phd can teach Msc etc. You can't give out wat u don't have. Oprah is a divorcee. What gives her the right to educate other women on what to do with their relationships when she couldn't even keep her own marriage?
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Azukaemyahooc: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
As far as i am concern , there are two people who give what they dont own .
1. An Auctioner .
2. A Caretaker .
An Auctioner sales a property(ies) that does not belong to him to others .
A caretaker gives out a house that does not belong to him to others .
I know that OPRAH WINFREY does not belong to any of this categories of people mentioned above.
Why does she give advice on how to succeed in a relationship , when she is not successful herful.
Can she give what she dont have ? cry cool

(1) (Reply)

Would A Nairaland Babe Make A Good Wife? / Friends With Benefit: How To Make It Work / Sex-deprived Woman Attacks Boyfriend Over Xbox Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.