Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State (11804 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Lord Have Mercy! Heartbreaking Pics From The War Between Israel & Palestine / Argentina, Uruguay And Brazil Recognize Palestine As State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Kay17: 6:02am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Has it shifted? Come back and tell same story when the shift is complete. The pattern we are witnessing today is essentially same pattern of 1980/early 90s when Japan was growing? It takes more than economic success to be a superpower. Of what significant is Palestine to any country? With modern technology making US more energy independent in two decays away, her policy towards the ME ll be determined on what you can offer and not on emotional nonsense people bandied about here? 80 percent of companies in China are essentially western companies exploiting cheap labor there. There is no new innovation coming from China apart from state capitalism deceptively called communism. With Mexico, Brazil etc coming on board, the growth in East Asia ll soon reach a peak.

You don't know the weight of American veto. America can enforce hes veto militarily. America can defile veto and impose her views on so many countries. Which country ll even launch war against America because of Palestinian cause? Palestine is a non issue. Take it or leave it. Emotions for Palestinians is based on one thing: Islam solidarity. Not even logic, history or something more compelling.

the religious differences btw the Middle East and the rest of the world holds the sympathy the Palestinians deserve. But it is not only a religious issue, also political. The Palestinians deserve to be heard, they in the most vulnerable position, they lack a voice to the world, security, their human rights: they lack a State.

Just like South Africa, Biafra, Kosovo were issues, Palestine is one. Where an apartheid regime built on racial segregration bullies stateless people$

1 Like

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Thank you for taking time to enlighten me. You are doing a great job and one day humanity will reward you richly. Did the Jews in Congress rig elections to be elected? Did the Jews heading the corporations prevent other Americans from setting up competing corporations? Did the Jews force the majority of US citizens to always return President that favors Israel? How can you blame Jews for America's policies? Are the Jews in US not legitimate US citizens same way that Obama is? That's not an objective and logical step to take.

As regards land, who are these Palestinians people? In 1966, Jordan was ruling West bank while Egypt was ruling Gaza. Israel captured both territories in 1967 Arab-Israeli war. Why were they not fighting the Jordanians and Egyptians during such occupations? considering the history of war in the territory, Israeli sanctions are legitimate to ensure their own security and survival. If you don't recognize my right to exist, you should not complain if I maintain same policy towards you. I will simply not allow you to acquire the means to liquidate me. The information from your friend is one sided and would be told with his own emotional slant. you might get a balanced view if you talked with a Jew with similar experience in Israel.

Well i must agree with you on the land issue. I am yet to hear a Jew's side of the story. From ur tone however, u seem to misunderstand me. I said i have nothing against Israel. The only reality is that they have a great control of affairs in the US especially when it comes to politics. I believe Israel and the rest of the world should be fair and grant the Palestinians their own country, because the current setup is working at all.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by lukade: 6:05am On Nov 30, 2012
[quote author=Prof Corruption]

Many countries that voted for Palestine made it abundantly clear they were not voting for Palestine as a full member state. Listen to individual justifications of member states. I don't know your definition of truth[/quote

guy be wise the world is currently been ruled by forces.[color=#990000][/color].most things they tell us are false]
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by skyfall: 6:07am On Nov 30, 2012
I'm happy for the Palestinians. Slowly but surely, they'll get there. Shame unto Israel & the US, the so-called champion of democracy.
Same with Britain who made it clear that it would vote against the Pals if they don't give up their right to file for ICC membership, to which the Pals assured that Israel has nothing to fear if it has committed no crimes (LOL). What a shame. Well, the UK govt is a joke anyway.

At last the Palestinians are being taken more seriously. And I like the fact that Qatar is showing more interest in them, esp in Gaza. They're no more alone. But at this time, they should rein in the violence. It was useful & achieved a lot, but diplomacy is the way to go now.

Thinking about it, the 8-day Gaza war earlier this month actually helped their cause to win the war. A proverb in my lang says "don't dig your enemy's trench too deep, for you may be the one that'll eventually fall inside."

1 Like

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Cunninlingus: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2012
Kay 17: the religious differences btw the Middle East and the rest of the world holds the sympathy the Palestinians deserve. But it is not only a religious issue, also political. The Palestinians deserve to be heard, they in the most vulnerable position, they lack a voice to the world, security, their human rights: they lack a State.

Just like South Africa, Biafra, Kosovo were issues, Palestine is one. Where an apartheid regime built on racial segregration bullies stateless people$

You cannot separate religion and politics when it comes to Islam. The politics is guided by 6th century sharia and hadith laws.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by lukade: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2012
skyfall: I'm happy for the Palestinians. Slowly but surely, they'll get there. Shame unto Israel & the US, the so-called champion of democracy.
Same with Britain who made it clear that it would vote against the Pals if they don't give up their right to file for ICC membership, to which the Pals assured that Israel has nothing to fear if it has committed no crimes (LOL). What a shame. Well, the UK govt is a joke anyway.

At last the Palestinians are being taken more seriously. And I like the fact that Qatar is showing more interest in them, esp in Gaza. They're no more alone. But at this time, they should rein in the violence. It was useful & achieved a lot, but diplomacy is the way to go now.

your right
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Kay17: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2012
^^
The Palestinians are mainly Muslims and as a result are being subjected to discrimination. Even if they are muslims, they have human rights.

1 Like

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 30, 2012
Kay 17: the religious differences btw the Middle East and the rest of the world holds the sympathy the Palestinians deserve. But it is not only a religious issue, also political. The Palestinians deserve to be heard, they in the most vulnerable position, they lack a voice to the world, security, their human rights: they lack a State.

South Africa was clearly a case of Apartheid. Minority ruling the majority! The history of the white in Africa can be explained in one sentence: colonialism. It was very easy to understand and even easier to explain to the rest of the world that Whites had no business in SA.

Biafra does not fit into this discussion. Biafra was clearly a civil war. Igbo territory belongs to Igbo within Nigeria. Bosnia fits essentially into same category.

The Palestinian argument is simple: they own all the lands of Israel and therefore do not recognize Israel's right to exist. Israel must be pushed to sea or wiped off the map, or words to that effect. But that can not be true. You can't invent a language, a culture, a people all of a sudden. Where is Hebrew indigenous to? The Jerusalem both sides are shouting over has been captured and recaptured for more than 12 times. Who can justifiably claim ownership of Jerusalem today? Who ever rules Jerusalem owns it until it's captured by another stronger army. The Palestinians of today were even being ruled by Jordanians and Egyptians prior to 1967 when both West Bank and Gaza were captured?

They can't get a state until they recognize Israel right to exist and negotiate something meaningful with the Israelis.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 30, 2012
nwanna89:

Well i must agree with you on the land issue. I am yet to hear a Jew's side of the story. From ur tone however, u seem to misunderstand me. I said i have nothing against Israel. The only reality is that they have a great control of affairs in the US especially when it comes to politics. I believe Israel and the rest of the world should be fair and grant the Palestinians their own country, because the current setup is working at all.

Israel has demonstrated through history that it can reach a painful compromise to achieve peace. They entered into a pact with Egypt by vacating territories they captured during war. Same with Jordan. Read about Jerusalem, the holy sites are under Islamic control despite the fact that most Israelis are non Muslims. Ariel Sharon even started a policy of unilateral definition of Israeli borders by pulling out of Gaza. What followed? Barrage of rockets on civilians everyday? Suicide bombings in Israel?

Such a state can not give Palestinian any state for the sake of doing it without commitment towards her own security. Israel exists side by side with Jordan, Egypt today in peace and security with full bilateral relations. If Hamas and the rest of Palestinians are genuinely interest in peace, there is a history that shows Israel can reach necessary comprise as well.

4 Likes

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by KINGwax(m): 6:34am On Nov 30, 2012
Na dem dey say them allocation before ni? Abi which kind threat be ds?
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Has it shifted? Come back and tell same story when the shift is complete. The pattern we are witnessing today is essentially same pattern of 1980/early 90s when Japan was growing? It takes more than economic success to be a superpower. Of what significant is Palestine to any country? With modern technology making US more energy independent in two decays away, her policy towards the ME ll be determined on what you can offer and not on emotional nonsense people bandied about here? 80 percent of companies in China are essentially western companies exploiting cheap labor there. There is no new innovation coming from China apart from state capitalism deceptively called communism. With Mexico, Brazil etc coming on board, the growth in East Asia ll soon reach a peak.

You don't know the weight of American veto. America can enforce hes veto militarily. America can defile veto and impose her views on so many countries. Which country ll even launch war against America because of Palestinian cause? Palestine is a non issue. Take it or leave it. Emotions for Palestinians is based on one thing: Islam solidarity. Not even logic, history or something more compelling.

I don't know if u are asleep or just plain naïve.

70% of the worlds economic growth is coming from developing nations.

US=1 ecomomy
China=2 economy
Japan=3 economy
Germany=4 economy
Brazil=5 economy

Now tell me does this not represent a shift in world economic and political power please.

BRICS=Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa repressents more then 40% of the world economy today.

Talking about companies the Chinese Developement Bank is the largest bank in the world on market capitalization.

If it weren't for China the 80% of the world would be in recession today so please dont come and talk sh*t and think that everyone here are as stupid to believe ur bullsh*t.

German chancellor Angela Merkel even expressed her support for Palestinians because of Isreals about turn and refusal to stop its settlement constructions. Most of the european states who abstained and voted in favor of Palestine did this because of Isreals double standards and lack of trust on the settlement constructions on the West Bank including the right of Palestinians for self determination and a two state solution.

If this resolution to grant Palestine a observer states is none importance then why has the Isreali's considered to remove Abba's from power and to consider to withdraw its economic consessions to Paletinian Authority.

This was a blow to US-Isreali-Western power play on world affairs and represents a big shift in world mutilateral diplomacy and its a sign that world nations is in favor of a free Palestine and a two state solution, which Isreal is dead against because they wanna keep the status quo to continue there settlement expantions and exploitation of Palestine.

If u Christian-Zionist fools are in denial then that's ur problemtongue

6 Likes

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by talk2me006(m): 6:37am On Nov 30, 2012
Cunninlingus:

You are such a pathetic f00l. Stay out of issues that neither concerns you or of which you know little or nothing of.
Wat actully pain u there. the guy said the truth nw

2 Likes

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Kay17: 6:39am On Nov 30, 2012
@prof corruption

Unfortunately, the language of conquest and domination which you are using isn't recognized in our times. It belongs to the archaic and less globalized world of the distant past.

Territory grabs by Israel have created a landless and stateless ppl and greivances and anger: the Palestinians. Whatever the Palestinian "argument" you see is beyond the nonrecognition of Israel, it is one of long history. You don't have to belittle the issues.

The attitude of israel towards the Palestinians is fascist and one of apartheid, brazen racial segregation. The erection of walls and barb wires carry the same messages as in SA. The IDF indiscriminate killing of Palestinian civilians resounds Kosovo and a marginalized ppl deprived of statehood just like Biafra.

The differences you drew out btw Palestine and SA, Kosovo, and Biafra are trivial, you not addressing the deeper conflicts.

3 Likes

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by skyfall: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2012
Kay 17: ^^
The Palestinians are mainly Muslims and as a result are being subjected to discrimination. Even if they are muslims, they have human rights.

Thank you. Only mischievous people bring religion into this. This is purely politics and majority of the Pals just happen to be Muslims. While there are extremists amongst them, most are just people who want to live decent lives and they shouldn't all be collectively punished by the terrorist Israeli govt and their gradually-becoming-toothless US govt.

1 Like

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by eggheaders(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2012
Cunninlingus:

You cannot separate religion and politics when it comes to Islam. The politics is guided by 6th century sharia and hadith laws.

fools like you are not invited in intellectual discussion like these.this ain't bedmatics fool.what did your android brain knows about the hadith .it not meant for low life like you goat.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2012
snydergp:

I don't know if u are asleep or just plain naïve.

70% of the worlds economic growth is coming from developing nations.

US=1 ecomomy
China=2 economy
Japan=3 economy
Germany=4 economy
Brazil=5 economy

Now tell me does this not represent a shift in world economic and political power please.

BRICS=Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa repressents more then 40% of the world economy today.

Talking about companies the Chinese Developement Bank is the largest bank in the world on market capitalization.

If it weren't for China the 80% of the world would be in recession today so please dont come and talk sh*t and think that everyone here are as stupid to believe ur bullsh*t.

German chancellor Angela Merkel even expressed her support for Palestinians because of Isreals about turn and refusal to stop its settlement constructions. Most of the european states who abstained and voted in favor of Palestine did this because of Isreals double standards and lack of trust on the settlement constructions on the West Bank including the right of Palestinians for self determination and a two state solution.

If this resolution to grant Palestine a observer states is none importance then why has the Isreali's considered to remove Abba's from power and to consider to withdraw its economic consessions to Paletinian Authority.

This was a blow to US-Isreali-Western power play on world affairs and represents a big shift in world mutilateral diplomacy and its a sign that world nations is in favor of a free Palestine and a two state solution, which Isreal is dead against because they wanna keep the status quo to continue there settlement expantions and exploitation of Palestine.

If u Christian-Zionist fools are in denial then that's ur problemtongue

How does that impact on foreign policy? How does that shape their military innovations and capability? How does that upturn NATO alliance? How does that displace America Pre eminence? What fuels growth in China? What is spurring their economy? Is it the consumption in poverty ridden Africa or in the West? What happens if Latin America economy steps up and produces same cheaper goods? How is China going to sustain same astronomical growths?
What military or otherwise innovations are indigenous to China like you have for US, Russia and Israel? Do you become a superpower simply based on copy and paste?

You put upBRICS as if they are in same alliance as we have in NATO. India is a pacifist country in foreign policy terms. SA is currently in decline. Brazil is growing but does not have same military clout to even question US. There is a limit to cooperation between Russia and China in military terms.

Wake up. it's a familiar pattern repeated over years. We are still in American century.

1 Like

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by galadima77(m): 6:48am On Nov 30, 2012
hmmm such brilliant minds we av in dis country. Pls hw does d votes cast and ur arguements stop d sales of job vacancies by gov't officials?
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 30, 2012
Kay 17: @prof corruption

Unfortunately, the language of conquest and domination which you are using isn't recognized in our times. It belongs to the archaic and less globalized world of the distant past.

Territory grabs by Israel have created a landless and stateless ppl and greivances and anger: the Palestinians. Whatever the Palestinian "argument" you see is beyond the nonrecognition of Israel, it is one of long history. You don't have to belittle the issues.

The attitude of israel towards the Palestinians is fascist and one of apartheid, brazen racial segregation. The erection of walls and barb wires carry the same messages as in SA. The IDF indiscriminate killing of Palestinian civilians resounds Kosovo and a marginalized ppl deprived of statehood just like Biafra.

The differences you drew out btw Palestine and SA, Kosovo, and Biafra are trivial, you not addressing the deeper conflicts.

Why not just state the issues? Let's examine them
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by skyfall: 6:49am On Nov 30, 2012
@Corruption

You must be very funny. Weapons don't determine power. It's the economy, and America's is in tatters. Weapons are basically for deterrence.

1 Like

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 30, 2012
skyfall: ^^^
You must be very funny. Weapons don't determine power. It's the economy, and America's is in tatters. Weapons are basically for deterrence.

You can use your weapons to enforce an economic order like Bush forced Iraq to sell Oil in Dollars. Military edge is not for nothing.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by eggheaders(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

How does that impact on foreign policy? How does that shape their military innovations and capability? How does that upturn NATO alliance? How does that displace America Pre eminence? What fuels growth in China? What is spurring their economy? Is it the consumption in poverty ridden Africa or in the West? What happens if Latin America economy steps up and produces same cheaper goods? How is China going to sustain same astronomical growths?
What military or otherwise innovations are indigenous to China like you have for US, Russia and Israel? Do you become a superpower simply based on copy and paste?

You put upBRICS as if they are in same alliance as we have in NATO. India is a pacifist country in foreign policy terms. SA is currently in decline. Brazil is growing but does not have same military clout to even question US. There is a limit to cooperation between Russia and China in military terms.

Wake up. it's a familiar pattern repeated over years. We are still in American century.

you can shy away from the truth.but the truth remains the brics is a force to reckon with in minimizing the western domination of the world policies.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by skyfall: 6:54am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

You can use your weapons to enforce an economic order like Bush forced Iraq to sell Oil in Dollars. Military edge is not for nothing.

That is economic terrorism it's getting harder n harder to do that these days. I don't know if it difficult for you to admit, but the US is fast losing its influence around the world. A lot of things are responsible, but the (Republicans') unending thirst for more & more oil and blind support for Israel in the face of common sense are 2 important factors.

1 Like

Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by galadima77(m): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2012
hmmm... Quite clever minds we have here. Pls hw does d votes n ur arguments stop d sales of job vacancies by gov't officials? Since u guys r so brilliant n eloquent
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2012
skyfall:

But it's getting harder n harder to do that these days. I don't know if it difficult for you to admit, but the US is fast-losing its influence around the world. A lot of things are responsible, but the (Republicans') unending thirst for more & more oil and blind support for Israel in the face of common sense are 2 important factors.

I agree there is a decline but America's pre eminence is still unquestionable.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 30, 2012
eggheaders:
you can shy away from the truth.but the truth remains the brics is a force to reckon with in minimizing the western domination of the world policies.

noise
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Prof corruption,i salute you pragmatic mind.You leave me with no option than to confess that you've made my day already.By the way,are you a diplomat? sad
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2012
area_boy1:

Prof corruption,i salute you pragmatic mind.You leave me with no option than to confess that you've made my day already.By the way,are you a diplomat? sad

not really, just one funny guy somewhere
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by skyfall: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2012
galadima77: hmmm... Quite clever minds we have here. Pls hw does d votes n ur arguments stop d sales of job vacancies by gov't officials? Since u guys r so brilliant n eloquent

My friend go to the food section. I even thought I was replying someone else.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by eggheaders(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

noise

your moniker speaks volume of your personality.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2012
Prof Corruption:

not really, just one funny guy somewhere

WOW! Your views are really devoid of sentiments unlike others.Most views about the middle east crisis and america's world dominance are too myopic,so to speak.People need to read a lot of history to understand where the world is coming from to be able to understand why we are where we are today.The more reason you cannot separate history from international politics.KEEP IT UP BRO!I go back to my shell for now.
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by ocelot2006(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2012
musiwa7: We shall success too.

Gbagaun!!! Mayday! Mayday!
Re: UN Declares Palestine As Non-Member State by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2012
eggheaders:

fools like you are not invited in intellectual discussion like these.this ain't bedmatics fool.what did your android brain knows about the hadith .it not meant for low life like you goat.
heediot!!!! U've not shown ur imbechile boko haram face in enugu or is it one of ur normal islamic cowardly act, shame on you, I saw all u wer writing, their wer pointless, logicless, composed from obsolete reasoning. U ar a goner if u must know, how far u don see ur statement of account from ur allah about how many virgins u've invested in his abyss. Most times u talk like som1 born 2ru miscarriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela And His First Wife Evelyn Mase / Zimbabwe Plans New Currency As Dollar Shortage Bites / Greeks Self- Inject HIV To Claim $950 In Monthly Health Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.