Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? (823 Views)

Naija Girl Calls Out Her Friend On Twitter For Sleeping With Her Father [PICS] / I Found Out My Girlfriend Had Sex With My Best Friend On The New Year Day. HELP / Describe Your EX As A Type Of An Animal... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by 1920MaMa: 12:19am On Nov 30, 2012
does such friendship put a strain on your present relationship?

as a married man/woman, is it ideal to have an ex as friend on facebook?

what comes to mind when you click that friend request button?
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 30, 2012
I would never request friendship from an ex.
If an ex is on my list it is because I can still tolerate them and have no ill feelings towards them and I was facebook friends before the breakup.

Some exes are meant to be deleted immediately after a breakup.
Some are never meant to be facebook friends to begin with.

It depends on the person and the circumstances regarding the breakup and current feelings toward them.
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by dmcdad: 6:33am On Nov 30, 2012
1920MaMa: does such friendship put a strain on your present relationship?

as a married man/woman, is it ideal to have an ex as friend on facebook?

what comes to mind when you click that friend request button?

There is nothing really bad about it. One just have to be very careful. Besides, married people (especially women) should be very careful how they go about using social networks. I think it's not really ideal in a marriage cuz it does more harm than good.
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by 190theclown: 6:33am On Nov 30, 2012
^finishio
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by djeezy(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2012
As a married Woman, No(the past should be put behind you)....Then if ur not married and feels nothing for him/her anymore, then you can have ur ex as a friend on facebook.
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by Mynd44: 7:19am On Nov 30, 2012
djeezy: As a married Woman, No(the past should be put behind you)....Then if ur not married and feels nothing for him/her anymore, then you can have ur ex as a friend on facebook.
As a married man nko?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 30, 2012
It will pose a problem for those who use f.b often. I can't even remember the last time i chatted/sent a pm to som1 on f.b...so,having an ex as a friend will def. nt affect moi in any way.
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by Exponental(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2012
As long as u guys are still friends......FB did not specify types of friends. Even ex attends their weddings, so what's social network.......
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by 1920MaMa: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2012
dmcdad:

There is nothing really bad about it. One just have to be very careful. Besides, married people (especially women) should be very careful how they go about using social networks. I think it's not really ideal in a marriage cuz it does more harm than good.

so it's the women that shud be careful and not the men, huh? if you ask me, i'd say it's the men who shud be more careful cos they're the ones that are more prone to cheat.
Re: Is It Ideal To Have An Ex As Friend On Facebook? by dmcdad: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
1920MaMa:

so it's the women that shud be careful and not the men, huh? if you ask me, i'd say it's the men who shud be more careful cos they're the ones that are more prone to cheat.

I said, one just have to be careful especially the women. Was that statement exclusive to women alone? Besides, women are more exposed than men. What I mean is, if a man decides not to woo anyone via such medium, u seldom av situations where women woo him buh on the other hand, if a woman is usually on such network, she will be highly exposed to men wanting to woo her even with the knowledge that she's married..

My fear is on the part of the exposure.

(1) (Reply)

Any Body Intrested In Sugar Mummy Stuff? / Does It Mean That All Nigerian Men Are Saints? / Difference Between A Girl And Awoman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.