Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,260 members, 7,839,319 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. (16271 Views)

Governor Fayose Spotted Riding Okada In Ekiti (photos) / Chatham House Apperance For Buhari Restricted To Twitter Session - GuardianNews / El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by luvinhubby(m): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2012
RUBBISH!!!
So as guvnor, him work now na to parade streets looking for police & soldier wey break traffic law
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Clemzy16(m): 10:55am On Nov 30, 2012
The topic is misleading. It should be "Fashola ordered arrest of policeman Riding okada on Restricted Road." When did Fashola became a police officer?! Back-to-topic=> The police officer was using his little authority to bend the law instead of breaking the law. Too bad for him. I believe this will serve as a lesson to others who thinks they are above the law.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by MORNDEW(m): 11:06am On Nov 30, 2012
Can God pls make this man our president in 2015.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Olaolufred(m): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2012
MORN DEW: Can God pls make this man our president in 2015.

MORN DEW, I like to feel your wish or dream, whichever is right.
However, most Nigerians does not know that they have a lot to do in determining who becomes their president.
God will not impose on us Fashola. But when the opportunity comes, we must grab it passionately.
Pls, vote.
because if you don't vote, then you are indirectly voting for those who are the problems-or part of the problems nigeria is in for the past 13 years.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by ayotimofe: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2012
[color=#550000][/color]this is good
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by santakris(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2012
Pictorial evidence nko.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2012
X
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by octus2008(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2012
[b][/b]DOES DIS BAN APPLY TO POWER BIKE OWNERS,OR INTENDING BIKERS
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Fesisko(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
blink182: No wonder the npf is so useless.
God punish ur mouth!must you insult a whole organisation because of an individual action?nobody want to be a police officer,bt we re clamouring for change.if you dey useful to yourself n the society,why u nor join the Nigeria police to contribute ur quota?
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by fm7070: 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
what of power bikes and private motorcycles?
are they restricted?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by kabaka1: 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
Fatdon: Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, arrested a police officer who rode his 100 CC commercial motorcycle on the Agege Motor Road, Ikeja in defiance of the traffic law.

It would be recalled that the state governor, on August 2, signed into law the road traffic law which restricted the activities of Okada operators on 475 roads in the metropolis.

The officer, Mr. Ebahan Johnson, a Police Sergeant, who was accosted on the ever busy expressroad by the governor at the Airport Bus-stop, Ikeja, during an inspection tour of on-going projects in the Lagos-West Senatorial District of the state, was riding a red Bajaj motorcycle.
Johnson, who initially resisted arrest, succu- mbed when he realised that it was the governor that accosted him.

Speaking on the arrest, Fashola said; “There is no one who would be above the law. If anyone cannot submit himself to the law of the state, then that person should please, leave the state.”

The governor warned that the state government will not condone any violation of the road traffic law which was signed into law to bring sanity into road transportation.

According to him: “There is no society where laws are not broken but the state government will increase its enforcement to ensure that residents of the state comply with the law.

“And as we move on the road if we see anyone violating the law, we will stop and arrest him.”
According to the governor, the officer in question will be handed to the Commissioner of Police, Umar Mankko for proper prosecution.

“I am sure he would be prosecuted,” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/fashola-arrests-policeman-riding-okada-on-restricted-road/

Good development, gov. Fashola. Hope a fine is part of the prosecution process cos Lagos state can make a ton of money from this law.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2012
Not only arrest he should be prosecuted as well. Nigerian police is constituting nuisance to the society. This is the group that is supposed to be enforcing the law.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
One question " is Mr. Fashola a police officer"
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by mapet: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2012
I thought I was the only one that observes the guy o!!!
geez*:
Good!

Hope the one I see every morning driving against traffic on the Third Mainland Bridge Interchange at Adeniji will run into BRF someday ... Pray today!
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Bomi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
It is a wonder how law made here in Nigeria. There are different kind of law for every strata of the country! The Speaker of Lagos State House of is Assembly investigation for embezzelement of huge sum of money, yet 'Eko on ni baje' only the Okada riders who a going about the daily bread that o need moderation are the victim of 'Eko o ni baje' syndrom Na wah for Naija. grin
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by hardbody: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
Fatdon: Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, arrested a police officer who rode his 100 CC commercial motorcycle on the Agege Motor Road, Ikeja in defiance of the traffic law.

It would be recalled that the state governor, on August 2, signed into law the road traffic law which restricted the activities of Okada operators on 475 roads in the metropolis.

The officer, Mr. Ebahan Johnson, a Police Sergeant, who was accosted on the ever busy expressroad by the governor at the Airport Bus-stop, Ikeja, during an inspection tour of on-going projects in the Lagos-West Senatorial District of the state, was riding a red Bajaj motorcycle.
Johnson, who initially resisted arrest, succu- mbed when he realised that it was the governor that accosted him.

Speaking on the arrest, Fashola said; “There is no one who would be above the law. If anyone cannot submit himself to the law of the state, then that person should please, leave the state.”

The governor warned that the state government will not condone any violation of the road traffic law which was signed into law to bring sanity into road transportation.

According to him: “There is no society where laws are not broken but the state government will increase its enforcement to ensure that residents of the state comply with the law.

“And as we move on the road if we see anyone violating the law, we will stop and arrest him.”
According to the governor, the officer in question will be handed to the Commissioner of Police, Umar Mankko for proper prosecution.

“I am sure he would be prosecuted,” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/fashola-arrests-policeman-riding-okada-on-restricted-road/

The Comment by His Excellency is prejudicial. How could he have said 'I am sure he will be prosecuted'? In effect, he just gave a directive that the guy should be prosecuted. That is not fair. His word is authoritative enough.

Having said that, i have no sympathy for the Officer. They should deal with him in accordance with the law and then take his motor-bike to Alausa for 'Grinding'. We are watching
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by hardbody: 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
MORN DEW: Can God pls make this man our president in 2015.

I reject your prayer and rebuke you in the name of whatever you believe in.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by patostation(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
Check it out yourself, the only persons cruising their okadas about town now are policemen. I bet you those bikes may belong to hapless citizens who have no other means of supporting themselves. But the machines have been "seized" by the agents of governments who end up using them to commit the same offense for which the rightful owners were arrested. What a Nigerian irony.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by kennytidistar(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
HA! MISPLACED PRIORITY, WHAT A JOBLESS, COSMETICS AND VISIONLESS GOVERNOR. AND YOU WILL STILL SEE SOME IDIAT PRAISING THIS ROGUE.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by here: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
Operationally you dont arrest an officer on uniform(that's why there is "identification parade" )except in rare cases.
When an officer is found wanting,his senior in rank defaults him and his case treated accordingly.When an officer is discovered to be wanting by another agency the 1st writes the second with a full report of the incident and infact you can ask he be released to interview the IO in this case,you dnt detain another officer except on extreme cases.
These are men on essential duties and for one you can only confirm why they are where they are through their handlers.
I also do hope by now the government of Lagos state has considered it necessary to write all uniform and non uniform agencies in the state and address the issue of discipline amongst their officers and possibly establish a desk in State Attorney General's office to lease with such agencies should there officers be found wanting instead of embarassing institutions of government on the press.These same NPF other than the army are men who are doing so much to protect us no matter how little we know about and if anyone has an issue,I expect by now NGOs would have gone to ask and publish the working guidelines or any of such documents of the NPF and other agencies of gov't that have been violent towards civilians so when such cases come up at least we can know where to start from.
I for one believe institutionaly these acts of officers and men of the nation's services can be taken care of without making a mess of the system,which I see most persons enjoy.
Dont support officers breaking the law,but why do you think you understand the nature of their jobs just bcz you know them?
...."In valor there is hope." —Tacitus
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Oscaroke: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
FASHOLA is workin Lagos is workin
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by GARRIx7(m): 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
luvinhubby: RUBBISH!!!
So as guvnor, him work now na to parade streets looking for police & soldier wey break traffic law
Can you read
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by wengerjay(m): 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
Thank God say the police officer no shoot fashola,he go talk say na Accidental Discharge.Case close.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by banki(m): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
fm7070: what of power bikes and private motorcycles?
are they restricted?

i think you should buy a copy of the traffic laws of lagos state, i know that there is no way lasg would ban the use of private bikes, "commercial motor bikes" popularly known as okada have been ban on major roads in lagos
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Guk: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
Yomieluv: i thought the law banned commercial okada,never knew it also affected private ownership. nawa for lagos state oooo
It doesnt affect private ownership if the motorcycle is above, i think, 200cc. The policeman was riding a 100cc Bajaj motorcycle, hence his arrest
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Guk: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
here: Operationally you dont arrest an officer on uniform(that's why there is "identification parade" )except in rare cases.
When an officer is found wanting,his senior in rank defaults him and his case treated accordingly.When an officer is discovered to be wanting by another agency the 1st writes the second with a full report of the incident and infact you can ask he be released to interview the IO in this case,you dnt detain another officer except on extreme cases.

Thats why he was handed over to the commisioner of police for disciplinary action
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Toktee(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
timbros: wow! Its a honour to be arrested by the gov'nor himself!! cheesy

Good for him. I hope he has been stripped of his uniform already.
yes it is an honour but he go see oba in the hands of the governors security men
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Toktee(m): 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
hardbody:

I reject your prayer and rebuke you in the name of whatever you believe in.
AMEEEEEN
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by babaowo: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
jammyng: but i still believe that this law only affects the low class.
Try and upgrade your family class then!!
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by kpolli(m): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ride okada commercially or as a means of transportation? Fashola is becoming imbecilic

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Lafexs: 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2012
Fatdon: Those that are
supposed to uphold the
laws breaks the law. Those that
we entrusted with our money
steals them. Those we
entrusted with leading us are leading us astray, those
entrusted with providing us
jobs are daily selling our
national heritages to
themselves in the name of
privatisation.f.uck this country
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by banki(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
some people here are just critising for the sake of critisism and most of these critics lack substance and value!

Owerri.... no bikes
FCT.....NO BIKES
Yenagoa....No Bikes
ASABA....No bikes
PORTHARCOURT...No bikes
Lagos>>>>>>>>> WE have decided to label fashola all sorts of names how many jobs have okada created, how many people die or get injured from okada related accidents,have alternatives been created? are they fixing roads?

someone said he is anti people, for banning okadas, for asking you not to drive against traffic, for asking you not to use the lanes dedicated to BRT bus lanes? for asking people not to take drugs in motor parks and sell alchol in motor paarks, for banning molue?

They say its wrong for him to constuct a road and pay tolls, yet the same people would go abroad and obey the law and pay the tolls to the later,

Nigerians lets applaud good governance for once and if there is anypart of the law that truly doesnt make sense lets critisize it and not come here and make fashola look like a devil yet promote people who collect our money award contracts to themselves and yet do shabby jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States / Crude Oil Discovered In Uruan, Akwa Ibom / Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.