Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,604 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos (2089 Views)

Dakuku Is Love By Rivers People But The Hatred For Govnor Ameachi Made Him Lost / Ambode Or Agbaje. Who R U Voting For? / Summon Agbaje For Questioning, Group Tells DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by planetuzor(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2012
In 2007 governorship election, it was a serios battle between Acn n P.d.p during the campaign period. Even when the result where out it was a very close victory for A.c.n. . . Judging by d campaign nd opinion of pple i asked b4 d election, i tot obanikoro will win but was proved wrong even when my own choice was jimi agbaje whom i found very eloquent and articulated during dier debate..
Recalling their debate, fashola didnt even say hs intentions much compared to what his other colleagues in said. Infact he was so lukewarm to me that i fell in love with jimi nd musiliu who was more outspoken on their plans for their term. .
But after all this fashola won and during his tenure he performed astoundingly well than all other govnors we have had in lagos. He was a no nonsense govnor, even the market women that help spread a.c.n with word of mouth, they were his first target to chase out and ensure there is order not minding how they helped him.. No doubt in his first tenure he changed the face of lagos. He renovated schools, u cannot c any sch thats still d same way it was b4 he came in lagos. I could remember then w.a.e.c result in lagos govt secs sch(nt private), hardly u c pple pass with 4b's and 2a's without expo. Bt now, you need see improvement in s.s3 student waec result and u c the number of pple with 'a n b' compared 2 d tinubu era schl (jst an example). During his first tenure there was hardly no part of street in lagos you wont see construction work going on... Fashola is working, and lagos working, that was d cliché. .
Even up till now he is still working but he is not working the way he used to work then when he first came in. You will agree with me their is a great difference between his 2 terms.
Nonetheless, dnt 4get in his 2 terms while he was doing all this good works, he was hurting people, stepping on toes. and infact the majority he was hurting where ones who spread his news and voted for him.. The market women, agbero the okada men, danfo drivers, petty traders and etc. Whoever wants to win lagos must first win their heart.... This guys are so hurt that had it been during the 2011 election if Musiliu Obanikoro or Jimi Agbaje had contested likely 1 of them would have won (my opinion). . So now that fashola is going out do u think A.C.N can come up with a good challenge if any of this guys decides to Run For the govnorship again "Jimi Agbaje n Musiliu Obanikoro"

please no abuse, insult or commendation, just your candid opinion
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by mike404(m): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2012
There's no one that knows lagos like KORO grin grin grin OBANIKORO 4 GOV
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by kingingkinging: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2012
Koro ko, bitter ni. Let thebest person with best ideas and vision win. The floor is open for all.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by planetuzor(m): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
I have a felling if Koro Contest he will win!

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by OsunOriginal: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
PDP win in Lagos? Stop dreaming foooools...
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
If PDP can field Jimi Agbaje then i'll vote for them.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by abes(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
afam4eva: If PDP can field Jimi Agbaje then i'll vote for them.

The same way some people voted GEJ and not PDP. I wonder why some people repeat the same mistake and expect a different result.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by takedat(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
afam4eva: If PDP can field Jimi Agbaje then i'll vote for them.
Well the funny thing is that Jimi Agbaje is an ACN member. Most important personalities in Lagos politics belong to ACN
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
take dat: Well the funny thing is that Jimi Agbaje is an ACN member. Most important personalities in Lagos belong to ACN
I remember he was in DPP when he contested against Fashola. Even if he's in ACN, i see him decamping to another party since Tinubu will not vest the governorship ticket to him.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by takedat(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I remember he was in DPP when he contested against Fashola. Even if he's in ACN, i see him decamping to another party since Tinubu will not vest the governorship ticket to him.
The only way another party will topple ACN in Lagos is if Tinubu imposes an unpopular candidate. Jimi comes across as an intelligent person though!
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
take dat: The only way another party will topple ACN in Lagos is if Tinubu imposes an unpopular candidate. Jimi comes across as an intelligent person though!
Has Tinubu ever imposed a popular candidate? Was Fashola popular when he was imposed on Lagosians?
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by takedat(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
afam4eva:
Has Tinubu ever imposed a popular candidate? Was Fashola popular when he was imposed on Lagosians?
That will be his greatest undoing if he follows that path, ACN needs to imbibe internal democracy if it is to win the next election. Me think Jimi or Mamora should be given a chance, Koro failed himself by accepting the ambassadorial job. He ought to have stayed back to consolidate on his little success
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2012
How can any sane person wish Obanikoro to rule Lagos?

Whats Koros profession. We know Tinubu is an accountant and Fashola is a Lawyer whats Obanikoros profession and where did he work?

The same Koro that murdered Funsho Williams just to get the PDP ticket in 2006?

The election in 2007 was not close at ALL. Out of 20 LGA ACN_ Fashola won 19 LG, Koro won just 1. Is that what you call a close election?

Musiliu Obanikoro can never win any election again in Lagos State. PDP would be stupid to even field him

ACN would continue to rule Lagos regardless of who they field

Fashola was the least popular candidate and he won handily in 2007

Go and read the thread in 2007 about lagos elections

https://www.nairaland.com/36656/rule-lagos-come-may-2007/24#1042426
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by aljharem(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2012
@ OP

YES PDP 2015 LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
It is very unfortunate that Political Aspirants who have absolutely zero legacies in their far-past and recently previous positions as public figures serving the society. are often popularized and pushed to limelight on the backs of propaganda, promises and lies. It is also unfortunate that it is my party PDP that has the most of these unfortunate characters angry hazarding a thought about Obanikoro Snr. becoming Governor for Lagos State gives me the creeps. this dude was barely literate when he was at the Council in Lagos Island. A buffoon of an ambassador in Ghana (zero input/output what at the senate) and a weak Politician in Lagos. I even prefer that crass ingrate Dosunmu to Obanikoro
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: It is very unfortunate that Political Aspirants who have absolutely zero legacies in their far-past and recently previous positions as public figures serving the society. are often popularized and pushed to limelight on the backs of propaganda, promises and lies. It is also unfortunate that it is my party PDP that has the most of these unfortunate characters angry hazarding a thought about Obanikoro Snr. becoming Governor for Lagos State gives me the creeps. this dude was barely literate when he was at the Council in Lagos Island. A buffoon of an ambassador in Ghana (zero input/output what at the senate) and a weak Politician in Lagos. I even prefer that crass ingrate Dosunmu to Obanikoro

Thats the pitfall of the PDP in the Southwest.

Of all intellectuals in Lagos It was a barely literate Obanikoro the brought for governorship to contest against fashola

Of all intellectuals in Oyo State, it was Alao-Akala a disgraced police officer they brought forward and Taofeek Arapaja a High school dropout

Of all in Osun State it was Iyiola Omisore another barely literate thug who murdered Bola-Ige that was brought forward

In Ekiti State fountain of Knowledge it was Ayo Fayose a thug they brought forward to contest against Fayemi a Professor

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by planetuzor(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
Well I also see Jimi Agbaje contesting for real in this forth comming election (2015), maybe under acn or labour party

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by Leboska(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
if Jimi contest i will campaign & vote 4 him irespective of d party.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by planetuzor(m): 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
Leboska: if Jimi contest i will campaign & vote 4 him irespective of d party.
Gbam!
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by djustice: 3:37am On Dec 01, 2012
I have friends in the PDP setup, and it doesn't seem like the mood in that party favours a Koro type candidate right now. They want a younger, smarter, more articulate and untainted candidate. One particular name keeps cropping up, and I've actually seen this guy on Face-Off, on Channels. He does appear much more intelligent and focused than the average Nigerian politician, and he is convincing. We could be seeing a PDP governor in Lagos State for the first time in 2015, if he gets their gubernatorial ticket. This guy makes Jimi Agbaje sound like an amala politician. Watch out for him, and remember I told you first. His name is Gbadamosi.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by seanet01: 4:34am On Dec 01, 2012
djustice: I have friends in the PDP setup, and it doesn't seem like the mood in that party favours a Koro type candidate right now. They want a younger, smarter, more articulate and untainted candidate. One particular name keeps cropping up, and I've actually seen this guy on Face-Off, on Channels. He does appear much more intelligent and focused than the average Nigerian politician, and he is convincing. We could be seeing a PDP governor in Lagos State for the first time in 2015, if he gets their gubernatorial ticket. This guy makes Jimi Agbaje sound like an amala politician. Watch out for him, and remember I told you first. His name is Gbadamosi.
Gbadamosi ko Gbedemosi ni. Come 2015, we will clear Pdp comot Yoruba land patapata. You better go and sleep or join the winning team. Infact, i am coming home to launch massive campaign for SIA second term in Ogun. No room for poverty development party. Sixteen years, all motion no movement.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by RichDad1(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2012
Jimi Agbaje? Yes but Obanikoro? HELL NO
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by funkybaby(f): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2012
I'll vote for Jimi Agbaje.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by PapaBrowne(m): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2012
If you speak to Taxi Drivers, Okada Riders, Danfo Drivers and Market women, you'll know that ACN is in trouble in Lagos come 2015.
Last week I was in Lagos and took it upon myself to speak to all the drivers in Taxis I entered about their current perception of Fashola and ACN. They are very angry and feel a sense of betrayal. They claim Fashola's Government is focused on developing the elite areas of Lagos. They are angry that Tinubu has colonised everything the state owns.
They all swore never to to vote ACN in 2015.

The interesting thing I realised in all my discussions with them is that their view of PDP is different from the view of PDP in other states. They are more positively disposed to PDP than people in Edo and Delta states and other SW states.
Then I realised something: Lagos has never tasted a PDP government, so they probably dont have a real picture of how a bad PDP government feels like unlike their counterparts in say EDO state that experienced Igbinedion for 8 years who didnt construct a single road then suddenly Oshiomole comes and is constructing hundreds of roads all over the place.

In a nutshell, Lagosiona are more likely to vote PDP than any states that has had a very bad PDPD experience for the simple fact that they haven''t ever tasted it before. Lets remember that Funsho Williams was a PDP member and if he wasnt killed would have had a resounding victory in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by abes(m): 11:41am On Dec 01, 2012
PapaBrowne: If you speak to Taxi Drivers, Okada Riders, Danfo Drivers and Market women, you'll know that ACN is in trouble in Lagos come 2015.
Last week I was in Lagos and took it upon myself to speak to all the drivers in Taxis I entered about their current perception of Fashola and ACN. They are very angry and feel a sense of betrayal. They claim Fashola's Government is focused on developing the elite areas of Lagos. They are angry that Tinubu has colonised everything the state owns.

The interesting thing I realised in all my discussions with them is that their view of PDP is different from the view of PDP in other states. They are more positively disposed to PDP than people in Edo and Delta states and other SW states.
Then I realised something: Lagos has never tasted a PDP government, so they probably dont have a real picture of how a bad PDP government feels like unlike their counterparts in say EDO state that experienced Igbinedion for 8 years who didnt construct a single road then suddenly Oshiomole comes and is constructing hundreds of roads all over the place.

In a nutshell, Lagosiona are more likely to vote PDP than any states that has had a very bad PDPD experience for the simple fact that they haven''t ever tasted it before. Lets remember that Funsho Williams was a PDP member and if he wasnt killed would have had a resounding victory in Lagos.

Yeah, and Benin-Ore road is 110% completed.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by planetuzor(m): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
Leboska: if Jimi contest i will campaign & vote 4 him irespective of d party.

Even if he is the flag bearer for PDP?..I think i just have Phobia for PDP inparticular.....am from iMo state but have lived all my live in lagos. the first they i went to my village during the era of one governo then called achike udenwa, i almost cried. Since then PDP as a party is write off to me. But If there could be a personality that seem credible as a flagbearer. someone like JIMI may file in for them sha
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by djustice: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
PapaBrowne: If you speak to Taxi Drivers, Okada Riders, Danfo Drivers and Market women, you'll know that ACN is in trouble in Lagos come 2015.

Spot on. Jimi Agbaje is a known Tinubu stooge, with the former using him to scatter Afenifere, using his bogus Afenifere Renewal Group. Older Yorubas have not forgotten that, and Jimi Agbajr will never be forgiven for his inglorious role in the erosion of Afenifere's political strength in the South West. Gbadamosi, I insist, is a dark horse. Young, fearlesss (even criticises PDP policies sometimes), vocal, and very, very articulate. This guy will make Jimi Agbaje seem like an illiterate. I like his forthright approach to issues, and the way he just tells it like it is. If PDP uses this guy, with the grouses millions of Lagosians are nursing against the constant deception of Fashola/ACN, and the way Tinubu has pocketed Lagos, we will have a PDP governor in 2015. Mark my words.
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by djustice: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
seanet01: Gbadamosi ko Gbedemosi ni. Come 2015, we will clear Pdp comot Yoruba land patapata. You better go and sleep or join the winning team. Infact, i am coming home to launch massive campaign for SIA second term in Ogun. No room for poverty development party. Sixteen years, all motion no movement.

You think Lagosians are blind, and cannot see Tinubu's determination to own everything and everyone in Yorubaland? Your thick skull is not allowing you to absorb the message from last years LG elections, abi? Is this how you and your nazi Asiwaju Criminal Network plan to "win" elections in the south west again? Ever heard of wetie before? Ee mo b'osenlo! Idanwo lo bi iya okere! Ekiti and Oyo are definitely back to PDP, following the greedy and heartless displays of your Akotileta district officers, parading themselves as governors. Osun is gone, and with the investiture of that bug-eyed criminal as Aare Ago of Abeokuta, Ogun is gone too.

You will learn how to spell Gbadamosi right when he sweeps you lot out of Lagos with your igbale agbepo. Let PDP Lagos just give him the ticket.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by takedat(m): 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2012
djustice:

You think Lagosians are blind, and cannot see Tinubu's determination to own everything and everyone in Yorubaland? Your thick skull is not allowing you to absorb the message from last years LG elections, abi? Is this how you and your nazi Asiwaju Criminal Network plan to "win" elections in the south west again? Ever heard of wetie before? Ee mo b'osenlo! Idanwo lo bi iya okere! Ekiti and Oyo are definitely back to PDP, following the greedy and heartless displays of your Akotileta district officers, parading themselves as governors. Osun is gone, and with the investiture of that bug-eyed criminal as Aare Ago of Abeokuta, Ogun is gone too.

You will learn how to spell Gbadamosi right when he sweeps you lot out of Lagos with your igbale agbepo. Let PDP Lagos just give him the ticket.
Even if Lagosians are eager to displace Tinubu, should we then replace him with a Bode George led PDP in Lagos? We are not ready to move from frying pan to fire!
Re: Will You Vote Obanikoro or Agbaje For Govnor Against ACN - 2015 Lagos by PointB: 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2012
I know Lagos and Lagosians enough to say that the current electorate mood is any party but ACN!

In any case Asiwaju Criminal Network (ACN) needs to be dismantled and the Augean stable that Lagos state has become cleaned up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Names New Spokesman , Abu Zinnira / "Nigerian President Is 'squeezing The Life Out Of Nigeria' " - UK GUARDIAN / Cabal Begin Fleeing, Launder Loot As Buhari/osinbajo ‘integrity’ Govt Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.