Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) (4753 Views)

(photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / Port Harcourt Refinery: 90% Rehabilitation Work Completed / Orji Impressed With The Rehabilitation Work In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by drnoel: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
ABIA State Governor, Chief Theodore Orji Tuesday flagged-off the rehabilitation and construction of 16 roads in Aba, the commercial hub of the state, with a charge to the residents to monitor the quality of work the contractors.

The roads, all in Aba metropolis, include Ngwa road, Nwala by Faulks road, Azikiwe road, Jubilee and Cemetery roads.

Other roads to be worked on are Millerton Avenue, Eziukwu/Okigwe Roundabout, Ama Ogbonna and Ehere Road to Brass junction at Aba Owerri Road.

The others include Ngwa Road, Ohanku which is on-going, Emelogu Road, completed but to be added drainage, Ehere road, Omoba road, Umuola Road, Ikot Ekpene Road from Opobo junction to Bata, Amaogbonna/Omuma by ACCN, Nwigwe by Nwagba Avenue and Geometric assess roads.

Fagging-off the roads, Orji said it was in fulfillment of his promise that he would commence massive road rehabilitation in Aba city.

According to the Governor “we came here to do a great thing. We come to tell Aba people and the zone that we fully come to do the roads in Aba.

“As promised, rainy season has come and we have come to do what we promised. We don’t promise and fail. And I want to tell you that it is not only roads we are doing in Aba. We are doing other things”.

He recounted how kidnappers almost overran the commercial city, said that his administration fought them and chased them out of Aba and the state in general, a feat he said his government would be remembered for.

Assuring Aba people of his love and readiness to provide infrastructures in the city, the Governor reminded them that a diagnostic centre has been built at the Abia state University Teaching Hospital, Aba, and urged them to go there for their medical attention.

On why he uses “small” contractors, Orji said it was because of the lean resources available to the state, saying that the state could not afford to engage big contractors as Julius Berger, but assured the ones engaged by the state would do good work.

Pls someone should tell us who this governor is trying to deceive..
To read more ff http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/orji-flags-off-rehabilitation-work-on-bad-roads-in-aba/
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by geez1: 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2012
Nigerians are no longer deceived by cosmetic delivery on political manifestos ... At least not people in the SW
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by drnoel: 5:46am On Dec 01, 2012
geez*:

Nigerians are no longer deceived by cosmetic delivery on political manifestos ... At least not people in the SW
Bros i do hope u r right...
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Ikengawo: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2012
nobody is fooled by this. how many years has he been in power that he has not decided something needs to be done. Wasted tenure
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by dridowu: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2012
Flagging off does not really matter but d project must be off HIGhER QUALITY and must be completed as at wen due.
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Afam4eva(m): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2012
If he manages to pull this one off then his punishment should be reduced from being shot in the eye to being stoned.

6 Likes

Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2012
k,we don hear.make we dey watch as usual
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Chudiking(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2012
I ve nerver see a thief like Ds man call TA ORJI, deceiven d people he leads, he must live to regret it

2 Likes

Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by confusion247(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2012
Governor T A Orji should stop deceiving himself with constant promises of road rehabilitation in ABA. Aba residence have left their ordeals in the hands of the ALMIGHTY GOD. This is the seven consecutive time T A Orji is making this type of empty promises in this 2012 alone.

1 Like

Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Babaofor(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2012
Ochendo! Ochendo!! Ochendo!!! How many times did i call.stop deceiving urself.
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by jmoore(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2012
which one is re-election fever? He can't contest for governor again. Action speaks better, until we see good roads he is talking trash
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2012
Datum's my gov in action,though i didn't vote for u but u owe me d duty of doing d roads, dat means visiting home dis December will be just cool, but wait o, hope ur not doing us d more we expect d less we obtain? Pls contractors mek una work well o as i won kum sample my new Honda jeep for villa o
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by ShySteady(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2012
He should not bother himself about rehabilitating roads again in Abia State. One day, he will give account of his stewardship... And may God help him when that day comes.
I'm ashamed to come from the same place as a man who does not know what it takes to provide basic amenities/ infrastructural facilities for his people. It doesn't matter if they voted you massively or not; the truth remains that a good leader does not need to be sentimental when it comes to providing quality leadership.
Gov. T.A. Orji, please keep the money in the State coffers for someone who will do a quality job! Thank you sir!!

1 Like

Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by ypzilanti: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2012
Local contractors...hahahahahaha.

Money will be chopped and work will not be done.

Local contractors are usually the political godfathers in the state. They do not perform on the job, and it is never politically savvy to go after them. All governors that perform in Nigeria use the big construction companies that have a reputation to protect.

Already, he has handed over the responsibility of supervising the contracts to 'the people of ABA'...yeah right.
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Turbocharged: 9:43am On Dec 01, 2012
My good people of Enyimba City, if I am voted to be ur govnor come 2015, I promise to built a befitting MORTUARY for MY PREDECESSOR, HIS ENTIRE FAMILY and ALL HIS COLLABORATORS.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by EXCELLENCEAbia: 9:48am On Dec 01, 2012
he will not concentrate and do something only reading paper english. look at the person that said he had been freed from bondage uptill now all his work are being done on the media. i belive this is not his senetorial campaign he is doing.
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by RickyRoss1(m): 9:49am On Dec 01, 2012
That is the worst governor in Eastern Nigerian by miles.
This man is supposed to be stoned to death. I do not even blame him, I blame the people that elected him for the second time.
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2012
T.A Orji na idiot. Who is he decieving. If he patch omenazu he will shout like say he don repair road.

T.A Orji is a failure
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Super1759: 9:55am On Dec 01, 2012
rob peter to pay paul, he stopped paying nysc corp members with reason that he wants to rehabilitate patch aba road.. Sorry abians
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Trut(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2012
Thief After Orji = T.A Orji.

1 Like

Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 01, 2012
t.a orji should drink acid and get it over with
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by yuzedo: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2012
Turbocharged: My good people of Enyimba City, if I am voted to be ur govnor come 2015, I promise to built a befitting MORTUARY for MY PREDECESSOR, HIS ENTIRE FAMILY and ALL HIS COLLABORATORS.
Lmaooooo!!!!! **falls from udala tree** grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by bory09(m): 10:19am On Dec 01, 2012
Up PDP let all ACN go to hell. Thumb up to our candidate in abia, theodore orji you are on point i dey ur back no shaking
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by salt1: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2012
confusion247: Governor T A Orji should stop deceiving himself with constant promises of road rehabilitation in ABA. Aba residence have left their ordeals in the hands of the ALMIGHTY GOD. This is the seven consecutive time T A Orji is making this type of empty promises in this 2012 alone.

I was almost beginning to jubilate until I read your comment. Seven times of making this promise? What did Aba do to him?
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by bory09(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2012
ypzilanti: Local contractors...hahahahahaha.

Money will be chopped and work will not be done.

Local contractors are usually the political godfathers in the state. They do not perform on the job, and it is never politically savvy to go after them. All governors that perform in Nigeria use the big construction companies that have a reputation to protect.

Already, he has handed over the responsibility of supervising the contracts to 'the people of ABA'...yeah right.
you are your remaining people don't be doubting thomas. Try and sit down somewhere and see the work going on till it finished. Instead of ranting and singing children poem here try all of una make na keep shut up
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by cdz: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2012
Such emptiness really shouldn't make the news. How is it that we are so backward that the construction/rehabilitation of roads is considered a great achievement by political office holders? Are these governors never ashamed of their content with tasks as meagre as road construction considering the enourmous resources at their diposal? Road construction is nothing, the real task of government is to make life comfortable for the majority of the populace as governments in other oil-producing climes have done for their citizenry. In those places, nobody talks about roads and road construction because it just doesn't make sense to do so!
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by ujukala: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2012
Well done.
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2012
bory09: Up PDP let all ACN go to hell. Thumb up to our candidate in abia, theodore orji you are on point i dey ur back no shaking
You think from your ass not your brain. Shame on u and ur incompetent governor. Anyways,i blame the PDP dumb sympathizers for voting the crook in power
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2012
bory09: you are your remaining people don't be doubting thomas. Try and sit down somewhere and see the work going on till it finished. Instead of ranting and singing children poem here try all of una make na keep shut up
Shut it. Ole. Barawo. Thief. Many days 4 thieves, 1 for the owner
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Ikwerefistson: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2012
geez*:

noise maker
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Morgan1092(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2012
Another face of Dubai Road construction. Mtchewwww
Re: Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) by Leboska(m): 11:44am On Dec 01, 2012
''Can any thing good come from t.a orji''?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Always Blame The Leaders For Corruption? / Stunning Confession Of Captured Boko Haram Terrorist Ogwuche / [graphic] Another UNIBEN Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cultists(18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.