Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,686 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 (9000 Views)

The Most Industrialised State In Nigeria / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by ilenaira: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2012
Freiburger: Why all these Pessimism? We 're still the giant of Africa. grin
grin grin grin Abi o, the giant jokers of Africa. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by rampantlover: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2012
One of the greatest comic relief statements i have ever read here.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by ebenzunlim(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2012
Meet million of Nigerians and cute african ladies on the NairaTrain social network. www.nairatrain.com
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by MARKREN: 9:36am On Dec 03, 2012
My mum of blessed memory used to say: "If wishes were horses beggars will ride." In my life time I have witnessed so many promises & programs in NIG. Where do I start:, Operation Feed the nation, Green Revolution, Water, Food, Housing, Health, Education, Transportation for all by the year "2000", then there was Vision 2010, then 10,000MW of electricity to be generated by 2007,they then said 2010 now GEJ say it is 2015. I bet you by 2015 it will move to 2020. We want to join to twenty industrialized countries by 2020 as if it will just happen when we just "pray, sleep & wake up". When will Nigerians wake up and stop eating this shit served by Govt.

As for the churches, they are the biggest disappointment of them all. The major developments in modern times were all done by the clergy. Slave trade was abolished by William Wilberforce a protestant priest. The civil rights movement in the US which lead to desegregation was lead by Reverend Martin Lurther King. All our churches are only interested in building Cathedrals, buying private jets & living off their congregation. With all the poverty in Nig, How many homeless children, poor families, sick people do they support. And like we Nigerians who can’t reason for themselves, we accept everything waiting for the messiah to come................... Shame on us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by omenka(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2012
Trust me guys, the next tym Jonathan has any reason to speak about the performance of his administration, he's gonna quote this man to back up his LAUDABLE credentials!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by MrSim(m): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2012
Ok oo. I pray so.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Sike(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2012
Another WASHinton DC!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by vanstanzy(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2012
Freiburger: Why all these Pessimism? We 're still the giant of Africa. grin

Giant of Africa indeed, with its leaders the proverbial "PARASITIC WORMS". The main question is how can we rid this country of these politicians turned "LEECHES"? angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by AjanleKoko: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2012
Wonder when we'll be free of incessant 'washing' by various international sycophants and Bretton-Woods empty-suits.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by luc26(f): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2012
Dreamer!!!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by olubolace(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2012
0lumide: Goldman Sachs? Olusegun Agagu's legacy of fraud? Is telling us Nigeria will be blah blah by 2020? lmao!! God dey oo, God dey!!!

With the current situation, our GDP is increasing while our standard of living is deteriorating. You know why? Because our infrastructural growth isn't matching the GDP and you know why? Corruption!!!!

KILL ALL THE CURRENT POLITICIANS NOW!!!! ACN O, PDP OO, ANPP OO, AGIPA OO, CPC OO, ALL OF THEM... Assemble them in the confluence state and shed their blood, feed their carcass to wild beasts, kill those beasts, vapourize the beasts' bodies, trap the vapour in a gas tube and send the tube out of space...

lol. e go good o!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by nairalady(f): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2012
ok naa..can't wait..let's go 2020!!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by santafe(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2012
Join us, hurry up, we are on our waaay, education for all, in the year 2000.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by mrrock: 10:57am On Dec 03, 2012
This is actually possible if we fix our electricity problems. But would be longer than 2020. Let say 2040.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by k9ine(m): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2012
coolzeal:

No country in this world can achieve high tech or high development in terms of production or manufacturing without adequate electricity.
I beg your pardon, power supply is not just a luxury but a basic essential.
bro, he meant in Nigeria, it's a luxury.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Aksally(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2012
Not too long ago nagative mindset of Nigerians about their country was discussed. I did not read the post because it is full of hope. I quickly scrolled down to read Nairalanders comments, what did I see? Pure and unadulterated nagativity and unbelieve.

These same people will shout a big AMEN/AMIN when their PASTORS/IMANS tell that in ten years time they will be owners of multi-national business empire.

The question is how is their PASTORS/IMANS proclamation is going to come true if there are no proportional growth in the economy of Nigeria?

Oya make una attack me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by akintun: 11:33am On Dec 03, 2012
Dey have been given a piece of d SWF to manage, with d promise to give them much more as contribution to d fund increases.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 03, 2012
Ofonagoro :

Have faith keep the light bright you never know our country may just surprise us. smiley
For where?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by cap28: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2012
0lumide:

Abi oo my brother!! E no go better for Goldman sachs!!! We were all here when they ruined the greek economy. My worry is that one of their top official is now in a core sector of Nigerian economy. Olusegun Aganga embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry ..... We need a bloody coup in Nigeria!!!!!!! WE DESERVE A REVOLUTION NOW! 90% OF OUR PEOPLE ARE NOT LIVING, THEY ARE JUST GETTING BY!

Goldman SAchs is a criminal organisation run by criminals and protected by the US govt, their agent in nigeria - Aganga will do whatever it takes to ensure that his bosses milk the nigerian economy into the ground, they are one of the key architects of the financial crisis that is now gripping america and europe, here is their track record in the US:

HURSDAY, APRIL 14, 2011

How Goldman Sachs Created The Financial Crisis While Making Billions Revealed in Senate Report

Concluding a two-year bipartisan investigation, Senator Carl Levin, D-Mich., and Senator Tom Coburn M.D., R-Okla., Chairman and Ranking Republican on the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, on April 13 released a 635-page final report on their inquiry into key causes of the financial crisis. The report catalogs conflicts of interest, heedless risk-taking and failures of federal oversight that helped push the country into the deepest recession since the Great Depression.

Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) and former Goldman Sachs Mortgages Department head Daniel Sparks, Senate Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Investigations hearing, April 27, 2010

“Using emails, memos and other internal documents, this report tells the inside story of an economic assault that cost millions of Americans their jobs and homes, while wiping out investors, good businesses, and markets,” said Levin. “High risk lending, regulatory failures, inflated credit ratings, and Wall Street firms engaging in massive conflicts of interest, contaminated the U.S. financial system with toxic mortgages and undermined public trust in U.S. markets. Using their own words in documents subpoenaed by the Subcommittee, the report discloses how financial firms deliberately took advantage of their clients and investors, how credit rating agencies assigned AAA ratings to high risk securities, and how regulators sat on their hands instead of reining in the unsafe and unsound practices all around them. Rampant conflicts of interest are the threads that run through every chapter of this sordid story.”

“The free market has helped make America great, but it only functions when people deal with each other honestly and transparently. At the heart of the financial crisis were unresolved, and often undisclosed, conflicts of interest,” said Dr. Coburn. “Blame for this mess lies everywhere from federal regulators who cast a blind eye, Wall Street bankers who let greed run wild, and members of Congress wh o failed to provide oversight.”

The Levin-Coburn report expands on evidence gathered at four Subcommittee hearings in April 2010, examining four aspects of the crisis through detailed case studies: high-risk mortgage lending, using the case of Washington Mutual Bank, a $300 billion thrift that became the largest bank failure in U.S. history; regulatory inaction, focusing on the Office of Thrift Supervision’s failed oversight of Washington Mutual; inflated credit ratings that misled investors, examining the actions of the nation’s two largest credit rating agencies, Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s; and the role played by investment banks, focusing primarily on Goldman Sachs, creating and selling structured finance products that foisted billions of dollars of losses on investors, while the bank itself profited from betting against the mortgage market.

http://nanopatentsandinnovations..co.uk/2011/04/how-goldman-sachs-created-financial.html
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2012
"I voted Jonathan, not PDP".
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by jmslimx(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
0lumide: Goldman Sachs? Olusegun Agagu's legacy of fraud? Is telling us Nigeria will be blah blah by 2020? lmao!! God dey oo, God dey!!!

With the current situation, our GDP is increasing while our standard of living is deteriorating. You know why? Because our infrastructural growth isn't matching the GDP and you know why? Corruption!!!!

KILL ALL THE CURRENT POLITICIANS NOW!!!! ACN O, PDP OO, ANPP OO, AGIPA OO, CPC OO, ALL OF THEM... Assemble them in the confluence state and shed their blood, feed their carcass to wild beasts, kill those beasts, vapourize the beasts' bodies, trap the vapour in a gas tube and send the tube out of space...

I support .. My view 2 major things killing our country and Youths is Religion and Tribe . We need a revolution that the army could be on our side because most of the once who are willing to support the revolution are being sacked or compulsory retirement .. This men need to be KILLED... for this country to go forward
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by cap28: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
it is laughable that nigerians would imagine that a western predator bank like goldman sachs would ever want to see the economic progress and independence of an african country when it was the major cause of job losses ,homelessness and a rise in poverty in america and europe.

no western financial institution or multinational corporation is interested in allowing any african nation to become an economic success why? because it would put them out of business, they make profit from the economic failure of weaker sovereign nations - greece is a textbook example.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
For their mind abi?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by babaowo: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
People dey vex gan nio!!!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by ouagadougou(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
Yawn!! I wonder how much kickback Goldman Sachs got for the prophecy?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Shegbe: 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2012
[b][/b]
plaetton: This sounds more like the kind of empty trash that come out the mouths of pulpit pimps like Adeboye, Oyedepo, and Oyaks and other pentecostal fraudsters of Nigeria(PFN). Come Dec. 31st, they'll start telling the gullible the great plans that God has for Nigeria in 2013, offcourse, without accounting for god's great plans for 2012 and the many years before.

On a more serious note, according to the world bank, it would take Nigeria 30yrs of consecutive 10% economic growth to reach the optimal or normal stable economy and standard of living status.

We definitely do not have any one of the many ingredients that could take us to semi-industrialised status in the next 50yrs.
My proof? Look at the standard of education. That says it all and sums it all up.

What are our universities producing in abundance?
Student Criminals, student banditry,prostitution, and pastors.
One does not need to be a prophet to see the future.
It aint bright.

Goldman Sacks is flying this kyte in what is an obvious and very familiar bid to scam someone, most likely, the brain-dead m.ro.ons we have in our government.
Mr Oga get a grip & get a life. Nigerian pastors are not the cause of ur peoblems. What has PFN got 2do with Goldman Sachs & their never accurate projections. I have said it time & again dat apart from religion, these men are old enough to be our parents. Calling dem such names in a matter that doesn't even concern dem tells much of the shallow upbringing you got.
Next time you don't have anything 2 say & u need ur mouth 2 be busy,start whistling.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by bigdoo: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
An important question to ask here is "which countries does Nigeria hope or intend to overtake in order to become one of the top 20 countries in 2020?"
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by kollaless: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
Future impossible Tense
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Candybob(m): 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ofonagoro :

If your stranded in a dessert what is your first thing to find ?? is it electricity??
Mehn, u should understand that the need of an individual is a bit different from the need of a nation. Steady Electricity is a basic infrastructure need for a nation!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by nagoma(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
bigdoo: An important question to ask here is "which countries does Nigeria hope or intend to overtake in order to become one of the top 20 countries in 2020?"

I wonder; these are the 30 most industralized;Strike out the 10 that will be behind Nigeria by 2020.And remember that India,China and Malaysia are not even included here!!

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Korea, South
Luxembourg
(Mexico)
Netherlands
New Zealand Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovakia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
(Turkey)
United Kingdom
United States
Re: Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
MARK-REN:
My mum of blessed memory used to say: "If wishes were horses beggars will ride." In my life time I have witnessed so many promises & programs in NIG. Where do I start:, Operation Feed the nation, Green Revolution, Water, Food, Housing, Health, Education, Transportation for all by the year "2000", then there was Vision 2010, then 10,000MW of electricity to be generated by 2007,they then said 2010 now GEJ say it is 2015. I bet you by 2015 it will move to 2020. We want to join to twenty industrialized countries by 2020 as if it will just happen when we just "pray, sleep & wake up". When will Nigerians wake up and stop eating this shit served by Govt.

As for the churches, they are the biggest disappointment of them all. The major developments in modern times were all done by the clergy. Slave trade was abolished by William Wilberforce a protestant priest. The civil rights movement in the US which lead to desegregation was lead by Reverend Martin Lurther King. All our churches are only interested in building Cathedrals, buying private jets & living off their congregation. With all the poverty in Nig, How many homeless children, poor families, sick people do they support. And like we Nigerians who can’t reason for themselves, we accept everything waiting for the messiah to come................... Shame on us all!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace 2 u bro, tanx 4 dis piece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. / Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria / I Emailed A U.S Senator, Dianne Feinstein & Here Was Her Epic Reply (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.