Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos (5915 Views)

The Most Industrialised State In Nigeria / Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria / Nigeria Will Be Amongst The First Industrialised Countries By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Aderostock(m): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
IT began as an innocent question but soon
degenerated into a heated argument. And what
is this question, one might? Between Lagos and
Ogun, which has more industries? The Lagos
fans would not imagine any state in the country
taking the lead in terms of commerce and
industrialisation. They were ready to put their
last kobo on the line.

They readily cited the ports and some industries
around the Ogba and Ikeja axis. But after a
thorough analysis, it was generally agreed that
Ogun State is now the industrial hub of the
nation. The state governor, Senator Ibikunle
Amosun attested to this recently during the
administration’s second anniversary.
Senator Amosun would tell anyone who cares to
listen that Ogun has the largest number of
industries and that the state is now a preferred
choice destination for investment. And this boast
is not hot air. An accountant of repute with
many years of experience, Gov. Amosun has
been able to muscle industries in the state
which hitherto paid taxes and levies to the Lagos
State to put their money where their mouth is.
And he has succeeded in this regard such that
from a base of an Internal Generated Revenue,
IGR, of N730m as at May 2011 every month, it
rose to N3.8b in May 2013 and is still counting.
Thus, according to the Governor,”today, Ogun
State is not only open for business, it is
business”.

For him, the economic gains are there for all to
see. With 123 companies showing readiness to
locate their manufacturing outfits in the state
and 32 of this figure already on ground at
different levels of operation, while 27 have fully
commenced operations, Ogun no doubt is
gradually becoming the hottest ‘industrial hub’ in
town. Perhaps, it is against this backdrop that
the State government says its Bureau of Lands
and Survey is being restructured to make it
more efficient with transparent and accountable
operations.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/why-more-companies-are-moving-to-ogun/

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Aderostock(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
Southwest oni baje o!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Gbawe: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
I think Amosun deserves credit for this because he made it clear from day one that aggressive industrialization was an anchor policy of his leadership because of the broad impact that would have on the development of Ogun State.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28046-ogun-targets-10000-industries

Ogun targets 10,000 industries

Monday, 12 September 2011
The current administration of Governor Ibikunle Amosun is determined to increase the number of industries in Ogun State to about 10,000 in the next four years.

The number of companies, which currently is about 1,500, is expected to increase, owing to the creation of a one-stop shop in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, which will reduce bureaucratic bottlenecks for prospective investors.

The state Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Chief Bimbo Ashiru, disclosed this during a tour of industries at the Ado Odo-Ota axis of the state.

Chief Ashiru maintained that adequate infrastructure had been put in place to assure investors of optimum returns on their investments, urging them to always reciprocate government’s goodwill through prompt payment of their taxes.

“The state already has a bad representation of being one of the worst locations to site a business, but the present administration is poised to change that perception through the creation of this one-stop shop for prospective investors in the state,” he stated.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by emiye(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
IGR from N730million in May 2011 to N3.8 billion in may 2013.

That is commendable, ultimately people now wants to see the dividends of increased IGR to the state.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Garrithe1st: 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
My company is currently working on 3 new plants in Agbara. One will be kicking off in August. All over Agbara are new factories being set up, so I find it hard to doubt the governor.

I hope he puts the 3.8 Billion to good use. Also some roads in Agbara Ind, Estate are horrible to say the least. Hope he does something abt it soon enough.

cool
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Gbawe: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
emiye:

IGR from N730million in May 2011 to N3.8 billion in may 2013.

That is commendable, ultimately people now wants to see the dividends of increased IGR to the state.

Amosun has genuinely performed well in terms of attracting investors to the State. His "one stop shop" for potential businesses and investors has certainly been a good idea. From the same article OP submitted:

Amosun said the state government is about completing the implementation of the Geographic Information System, GIS, with full automation land administration. This, he said, would pave way for the mapping of the entire State, facilitating easier access to land for local and foreign investors

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Aderostock(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
Gbawe:

Amosun has genuinely performed well in terms of attracting investors to the State. His "one stop shop" for potential businesses and investors has certainly been a good idea. From the same article OP submitted:

I just love what's going across all southwest especially ogun state.
Unilever Nigeria plc had to close down her factory in ABA, Abia State and moved to AGBARA, Ogun state over security reason and other factors which the Abia Governor failed to address.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by donchris999: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
Lmao! Tinubu boys are beginning to fight over who is commisioning more properties for the Tinubu family! Fashola you need to up your game so that Amosun will not give jagajagagbantis of south west 100billion naira in cash and properties before you. Its a race that must be won by fashola. Eko ni south west oo! Eko ni jagajagagbantis of yoruba land. LWKMD!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Gbawe: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
Aderostock:

Unilever Nigeria plc had to close down her factory in ABA, Abia State and moved to AGBARA, Ogun state over security reason and other factors which the Abia Governor failed to address.

To be honest, Amosun has been impressively hard-working in relation to easing the problems potential investors may face and the reward for Ogun is pay back for his effort. You are right about security. The situation was terrible when he came in and his effort has been really commendable.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/why-more-companies-are-moving-to-ogun/#sthash.s4MwDNv3.dpuf

As proof of this effort, residents of Sagamu trooped out in their hundreds recently when the State government commissioned some state-of-the-art armoured personnel carriers, APCs, during the second anniversary celebration of the administration. According to a resident in the area where the commissioning took place, that was the third in the series of APCs delivered to the area.
Said he: “We’re really grateful to the Governor for the effort he has put in to ensure our safety here. In fact, this is the third attempt of bringing this APC here. The first two were damaged before they were used because someone poured diesel where he’s supposed to put oil. I believe it was sabotage.” Continuing he said, prior to the provision of the APC, robbers were always on the rampage, terrorising banks and residents.
Securing lives and property
“So bad was the situation that the banks shut their doors to the public. Imagine the loss of revenue, both to the banks and State. So, we’re very glad that the Governor had gone to great length to secure lives and properties in this area,” explained this resident who simply described himself Ayodeji. All together, a total of 13 APCs, 200 security patrol vans fitted with security and communication gadgets and other security implements have been provided.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
And he has succeeded in this regard such that from a base of an Internal Generated Revenue, IGR, of N730m as at May 2011 every month, it rose to N3.8b in May 2013 and is still counting.

That's a positive sign, welldone Amosun.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Aderostock(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
donchris999: Lmao! Tinubu boys are beginning to fight over who is commisioning more properties for the Tinubu family! Fashola you need to up your game so that Amosun will not give jagajagagbantis of south west 100billion naira in cash and properties before you. Its a race that must be won by fashola. Eko ni south west oo! Eko ni jagajagagbantis of yoruba land. LWKMD!

We all know you all as bad belle people across the Niger. keep writing gilberish as every community in yorubaland is moving to the greater height at a speed of light.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by vizboy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
kudos to the state governor for a job weldone.
1 thing I luv about these man he doesnt go about trying to sell what he has done to the press just like most governor do just to gain attraction.
And that is the one reason I luv oshiobaba[not gay]

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
vizboy: kudos to the state governor for a job weldone.
1 thing I luv about these man he doesnt go about trying to sell what he has done to the press just like most governor do just to gain attraction.
And that is the one reason I luv oshiobaba[not gay]

He is a Chartered Accountant...and we are not known for empty boasting...

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by juman(m): 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hmmm.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Meritbaba(m): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
donchris999: Lmao! Tinubu boys are beginning to fight over who is commisioning more properties for the Tinubu family! Fashola you need to up your game so that Amosun will not give jagajagagbantis of south west 100billion naira in cash and properties before you. Its a race that must be won by fashola. Eko ni south west oo! Eko ni jagajagagbantis of yoruba land. LWKMD!
Ok o, we don hear you, Your likes keep making Tinubu popular day by day...God bless you for this unpaid job and more grease to your elbow

7 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
Gbawe:

To be honest, Amosun has been impressively hard-working in relation to easing the problems potential investors may face and the reward for Ogun is pay back for his effort. You are right about security. The situation was terrible when he came in and his effort has been really commendable.

Ogun State has always been choice destination for would-be investors before the coming of Amosun and you don't need to regale us with newspaper excerpt to make your point, what the incumbent does is taking it a notch higher from where OGD stopped by improving on infrastructures, particularly roads.

The situation was not as terrible as you painted it with the bold part of your post, Multi-trex and many company's along the Lagos-Ibadan corridor came on stream during OGD's tenure despite the 'terrible' situation. Nestle is putting up a massive manufacturing plant with a capacity that is way above what is currently on ground around the Papalanto section of the lagos-Sagamu interchange and I'm sure you don't know this.

The situation was not different at the industrial estate in Agbara, and Sango Ota where investors still trickles in despite the seeming infrastructure challenges during the reign of OGD.

Please, learn to say things the way it is, not what you read in the dailies ... cool

Waiting for your rebuttal ...

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by djustice: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
APC/ACN is a party of fools and dreamers. Ikorodu alone is more industrialised than the whole of Ogun State. If you add Ikeja join, you wan kill dem be dat. Amosun is a fool.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by kettykin: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
Aderostock:

for one Unilever that left Aba as a result of funny Board room decisions 3 bigger Multi billion Naira industries (Aba Malting plant, The GZ can manufacturing company,a Chinese firm, Zhuhai Singyes Renewable Energy Technology Company) came to Aba and more will come as Geometric power delivers on its Promise .

THE Aba Integrated Power Project was motivated by the desire of the people in the area, who are in industrial and commercial space to have more reliable electricity. This came about by the visit of the Minister of Finance during President Obasanjo’s time, that is, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who took the President of the World Bank, James Wolfesohn, to Aba to meet with Ariaria small and medium scale industries. As you well know, there are over 50,000 SME industries in that place. They were asked what really their number one problem was, and they mentioned electricity. They said if they have electricity they could run multiple shifts as against the running of just one shift.

If you care to check Rufus Giwa ruined Unilver then Lever Brothers some years back and since then they have not been able to pay dividends it was never because of insecurity in Aba otherwise Nigerian Brew, Guinness and IEA would have left too

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Gbawe: 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

He is a Chartered Accountant...and we are not known for empty boasting...

True. My old man is and he is modest to a fault.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
Meritbaba: Ok o, we don hear you, Your likes keep making Tinubu popular day by day...God bless you for this unpaid job and more grease to your elbow

Stop paying attention to donchriss and his co-travelers..they are here just to enraged folks, while having fun doing that.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Gbawe:

True. My old man is and he is modest to a fault.

No any formal teaching on that...you just develop that trait by default.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by omowolewa: 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

No any formal teaching on that...you just develop that trait by default.

True and Fair view.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by bloggernaija: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
Yep , he is right. Most of the industrial estates lie within OGUN state. Many people do not realise that Berger junction beside the old toll gate is actually the boundary of Lagos . Anything beyond that point is OGUN.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by donchris999: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ilugun my man! I have a beautifull sister for you. I hope you will not reject her because she is igbo. Those days when i served in ekiti, i use to have yoruba babes, so i bear no grudge at all. Hope you will not reject my offer ooo.
ilugunboy:

Stop paying attention to donchriss and his co-travelers..they are here just to enraged folks, while having fun doing that.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by CyberG: 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
This is a vey good thing indeed! The Yorubas regard any advancement in any part of heir Commonwealth as progress for all. Ignore the angry people from Iboland by all means. For over 40 years they have been mad over th outcome of their 1967 war and this might be the case in the next 4,000 years. Just let them stew in their anger by paying them no attention.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by kettykin: 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
CyberG: This is a vey good thing indeed! The Yorubas regard any advancement in any part of heir Commonwealth as progress for all. Ignore the angry people from Iboland by all means. For over 40 years they have been mad over th outcome of their 1967 war and this might be the case in the next 4,000 years. Just let them stew in their anger by paying them no attention.

The Best yorubas can do to avoid the embittered and frustrated igbos is to either force them out of Nigeria so that they go to hell with their Biafra or alternatively yorubas can opt out of Nigeria and form their Oduduwa Republic and all the Animosity will end. anything short of this is Hypocrisy Period !!!
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
donchris999: Ilugun my man! I have a beautifull sister for you. I hope you will not reject her because she is igbo. Those days when i served in ekiti, i use to have yoruba babes, so i bear no grudge at all. Hope you will not reject my offer ooo.

Provided you won't shove crazy list in my face.... cheesy grin
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by donchris999: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hahahahahaha!
ilugunboy:

Provided you won't shove crazy list in my face.... cheesy grin
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Aderostock(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
kettykin:

for one Unilever that left Aba as a result of funny Board room decisions 3 bigger Multi billion Naira industries (Aba Malting plant, The GZ can manufacturing company,a Chinese firm, Zhuhai Singyes Renewable Energy Technology Company) came to Aba and more will come as Geometric power delivers on its Promise .

If you care to check Rufus Giwa ruined Unilver then Lever Brothers some years back and since then they have not been able to pay dividends it was never because of insecurity in Aba otherwise Nigerian Brew, Guinness and IEA would have left too

you misunderstood me. I wish every locality to be industrialised but the point is there are many factors that prevent or make investors to come to a particular area and number one is SECURITY before ELECTRICITY, VIABILITY ETC.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Aderostock(m): 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
djustice: APC/ACN is a party of fools and dreamers. Ikorodu alone is more industrialised than the whole of Ogun State. If you add Ikeja join, you wan kill dem be dat. Amosun is a fool.

Am a yoruba. I wish every locality to be industrialised but truth must be told. most multinationals conglomerate are now moving to Ogun. you don't have to call the Governor a fool. thank you!
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by solomon111(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ogun state is definitely not the most industrialized state in Nigeria.
It still lags behind lagos,abia and anambara.
Re: Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
solomon111: Ogun state is definitely not the most industrialized state in Nigeria.
It still lags behind lagos ,abia and anambara.

Joke of the day!

The number of industries in Agbara alone dwarfs what you have both in the whole of Anambra ( Onitsha and Nnewi axis) and Abia ( only Aba)...with the privilege of my former job, I've been to both states and am certain about that.

Stop the ignorance..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Ibrahim Gambari Resigns Appointment / [BREAKING] Alimosho LG, Lagos Is Now Obidient / Nigerian Troops Begin Withdrawal From Mali Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.