Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics (10534 Views)

Another ‘ojukwu’ Will Go To War If You Touch Ihejirika – Ohanaeze Warns / Ojukwu’s ‘will’ Declared Fake / Court Reads Ojukwu's Will, Bianca Gets Lion Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 03, 2012
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201212030340.html/

3 December 2012 , By Mike Ubani
Bianca Ojukwu, Nigeria's Ambassador to Spain and widow of late Biafran leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, yesterday appealed to all those contesting the authenticity of the Will left by her deceased husband to sheathe their sword and allow his soul to rest in peace, describing Ojukwu as a man of honour and dignity whose legacies should not be destroyed.

She told LEADERSHIP in an exclusive interview that the Will, which has become a subject of controversy since it was read at the Enugu High Court last Friday, was prepared in 2005, adding that all the executors mentioned in the Will were present at the time it was written.

Bianca, daughter of former governor of old Enugu State, late Chief Christian Onoh, added that all the property she inherited through the Will were those she and the late Ojukwu collectively acquired in the course of their marriage, explaining that she did not get any property outside the ones both of them built as husband and wife. Ojukwu died in a London hospital on November 26, 2011.

But Emeka Ojukwu Jnr, who was mentioned in the Will as the first son of the departed Igbo leader, reportedly described the document as 'fake'. He alleged that Barrister Emeka Onyemelukwe, who presented the Will, was a private counsel to Bianca and not that of the late Ikemba Nnewi.

The junior Emeka Ojukwu, who spoke at his country home Nnewi, Anambra state, reportedly argued that he had a copy of the original Will written by his father, "and not what he called the fraud presented as a Will".
But Ambassador Ojukwu, said that those dissatisfied with the Will know the best option to take, even as she advised that the legacies of the late Biafran leader should not be toyed with.
"For me the most important thing is that my late husband left a Will, and so all this argument is unnecessary. All those contesting the authenticity of the Will know the right thing to do.

"As former governor of the defunct Eastern Region, and later Head of state of defunct Biafra, Ojukwu did not appropriate any government property, and so he should be left with his integrity and dignity intact. Those contesting the Will may have their reasons for doing so, but they know the right thing to do", she emphasized.

Meanwhile, Sylvester Ojukwu, long touted as the first son of the late Ikemba Nnewi, but whose name is conspicuously missing in the Will, has also expressed doubt about the authenticity of the document, though he reportedly claimed to be worth more than the assets mentioned in the controversial Will.

The Will read last Friday before an Enugu High Court, gave Ambassador Bianca, substantial part of the property acquired by her late husband, including the famous Casabianca building on Forest Close, Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Akshow: 7:58am On Dec 03, 2012
typical! I always pity south east women after the demise of their husbands. Truth be told, in my opinion south east men take care of women more than any other part, but the problem usually arise after the death of the man. Na then you go see uncles, aunts and in laws ready to boot a poor widow out of her inheritance. Ojukwu son should let the poor widow be and work for his own money

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Lasinoh: 8:41am On Dec 03, 2012
If you wanto marry a 'usban. . . nefa you marrrey a waka abatio. . . !kiss
I am sure she will be asking herself if 'MARRYING' Ojukwu is was worth all this stress and scrutiny.
I think not! The old 'BABA' don 'tolopia' leave her and her children behind after sucking the best of her youth.
Ladies! Ladies! Ladies!
Never you marry your 'grandfather's bestfriend'!
Hear ye! Hear ye!

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Okijajuju1(m): 9:31am On Dec 03, 2012
... ...

When will all this Ojukwu and Biafra story fade away?! angry

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by jude33084(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2012
Thats their headache jare undecided
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by toprealman: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2012
Lasinoh: If you wanto marry a 'usban. . . nefa you marrrey a waka abatio. . . !kiss
I am sure she will be asking herself if 'MARRYING' Ojukwu is was worth all this stress and scrutiny.
I think not! The old 'BABA' don 'tolopia' leave her and her children behind after sucking the best of her youth.
Ladies! Ladies! Ladies!
Never you marry your 'grandfather's bestfriend'!
Hear ye! Hear ye!
You are saying what your teenage age mates will say. Just try and grow up fast.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by atuboweke(m): 9:36am On Dec 03, 2012
Akshow: typical! I always pity south east women after the demise of their husbands. Truth be told, in my opinion south east men take care of women more than any other part, but the problem usually arise after the death of the man. Na then you go see uncles, aunts and in laws ready to boot a poor widow out of her inheritance. Ojukwu son should let the poor widow be and work for his own money

MY DEAR IT HAPPENS EVERY WHERE. TILL DATE THE FAMILY OF ABIOLA ARE IN DIFFRENT COURT ROOMS FIGHTING OVER HIS PROPERTIES WITH THE WIVES AND CHILDREN, EVEN ADEDEBU, LATE LEGAL ICON FRA WILLIAMS.......SO WATS YOUR OWN WITH SOUTH EAST.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Bobbystanley(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2012
Mtchhheeew...Wetin concern ojukwu will and myself since i no get any share.
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by immkels(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2012
Smile
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by eaglechild: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2012
Ojukwu = frontpage
MTCHEEWWW!
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by kaydibs(f): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2012
One word; GREED!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by ztar(m): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2012
dis people should go and work for their money nah... this is laziness hiding under the guise of inheritance

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by ABsI1: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2012
nice one bianca
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by fapcrook(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2012
Eni je ogun koto eni ti ogun agbe. He who inherits is not up to who inheritance will favour= Yoruba adage

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by yeko68: 10:01am On Dec 03, 2012
Whoever belief the will is fake has to prove it. In as much as i have my reservations about Bianca, i belief its no big deal if she take a chunk of the property because her children are still young.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by timbros(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2012
They havent seen anything yet. I'm still consulting with my lawyer....How the hell wasnt my name mentioned in the Will

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by airmark(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2012
Most of our leaders could not even lead their various families aright but they got to take the societal leadership roles. That is one of the major problems we have in the country. Bad leaders at the helms of affair. Late Ojukwu failed to lead well both as a family head and biafran head. Recent revelations confirm this.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Lasinoh: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2012
toprealman: You are saying what your teenage age mates will say. Just try and grow up fast.

Sorry. . . I don't do babies!
Neither do I do 'grandpas'!
You better shave your azzze or dye your 'Kenny Roger' blokos!
If there is anything I can't stand. . .IT IS GREY PUBIC HAIR ATTACHED TO BALLS AND BLOKOSES.
Bianca try gaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!
Wonder she looks 'sick'! See as she DRYYYYYYYYYYYY like 'kpanla'?
All na SLIM-FAST abi? cheesy
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by luc26(f): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2012
MschwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWwwwwwww extended family and shitz!
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Archmed(m): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2012
what....am here still mourning d late IKEMBA while his wife and sons are in d battle field fighting over his properties??..wetin be my own sef?...make i go drink b**r joor!!
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by victorD3: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2012
wait and see the commotion in south west when Obasanjo dies. The man children go full 2 large canopies grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by omocheche(f): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2012
Two words: Emeka go make ur own money and leave ur father's property alone.
kay dibs: One word; GREED!
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by omocheche(f): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2012
laughing
Archmed: what....am here still mourning d late IKEMBA while his wife and sons are in d battle field fighting over his properties??..wetin be my own sef?...make i go drink b**r joor!!
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Mohammedekete: 11:01am On Dec 03, 2012
Akshow: typical! I always pity south east women after the demise of their husbands. Truth be told, in my opinion south east men take care of women more than any other part, but the problem usually arise after the death of the man. Na then you go see uncles, aunts and in laws ready to boot a poor widow out of her inheritance. Ojukwu son should let the poor widow be and work for his own money
you don't know what you are talking about.how can you let one desprate woman take over your father's ...
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Nelo1: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
Nice one BIANCA
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Akshow: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
atuboweke:

MY DEAR IT HAPPENS EVERY WHERE. TILL DATE THE FAMILY OF ABIOLA ARE IN DIFFRENT COURT ROOMS FIGHTING OVER HIS PROPERTIES WITH THE WIVES AND CHILDREN, EVEN ADEDEBU, LATE LEGAL ICON FRA WILLIAMS.......SO WATS YOUR OWN WITH SOUTH EAST.
Ojukwu's issue aside, I'm Suprise you are arguing the Igbos attitude to widows over inheritance. This is not to say it does not happen else where but Igbo own too much.. The examples you gave arise as a result of the polygamous nature of their family and tthat Cant be ruled out. The point here is that even in a nuclear family in south east, you will still see brothers contesting their late brother's inheritance wit the widow. It happens in other places but Igbo own too much.
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by vanstanzy(m): 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
Okija_juju: ... ...

When will all this Ojukwu and Biafra story fade away?! angry

Okija-juju, u no go kill person with laff. Which one be this again? Wetin the guy dey do?
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by Jyde89: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
timbros: They havent seen anything yet. I'm still consulting with my lawyer....How the hell wasnt my name mentioned in the Will
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by vanstanzy(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2012
I, vanstanzy am Ojukwus' fifth born son, born to his fifth mistress and i deserve a place in that Will. I join Emeka Jr. to say the Will is a fake. How come my name didnt make it? I NO GREE! grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by vanstanzy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
.Nairaland:
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201212030340.html/

3 December 2012 , By Mike Ubani
Bianca Ojukwu, Nigeria's Ambassador to Spain and widow of late Biafran leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, yesterday appealed to all those contesting the authenticity of the Will left by her deceased husband to sheathe their sword and allow his soul to rest in peace, describing Ojukwu as a man of honour and dignity whose legacies should not be destroyed.

She told LEADERSHIP in an exclusive interview that the Will, which has become a subject of controversy since it was read at the Enugu High Court last Friday, was prepared in 2005, adding that all the executors mentioned in the Will were present at the time it was written.

Bianca, daughter of former governor of old Enugu State, late Chief Christian Onoh, added that all the property she inherited through the Will were those she and the late Ojukwu collectively acquired in the course of their marriage, explaining that she did not get any property outside the ones both of them built as husband and wife. Ojukwu died in a London hospital on November 26, 2011.

But Emeka Ojukwu Jnr, who was mentioned in the Will as the first son of the departed Igbo leader, reportedly described the document as 'fake'. He alleged that Barrister Emeka Onyemelukwe, who presented the Will, was a private counsel to Bianca and not that of the late Ikemba Nnewi.

The junior Emeka Ojukwu, who spoke at his country home Nnewi, Anambra state, reportedly argued that he had a copy of the original Will written by his father, "and not what he called the fraud presented as a Will".
But Ambassador Ojukwu, said that those dissatisfied with the Will know the best option to take, even as she advised that the legacies of the late Biafran leader should not be toyed with.
"For me the most important thing is that my late husband left a Will, and so all this argument is unnecessary. All those contesting the authenticity of the Will know the right thing to do.

"As former governor of the defunct Eastern Region, and later Head of state of defunct Biafra, Ojukwu did not appropriate any government property, and so he should be left with his integrity and dignity intact. Those contesting the Will may have their reasons for doing so, but they know the right thing to do", she emphasized.

Meanwhile, Sylvester Ojukwu, long touted as the first son of the late Ikemba Nnewi, but whose name is conspicuously missing in the Will, has also expressed doubt about the authenticity of the document, though he reportedly claimed to be worth more than the assets mentioned in the controversial Will.

The Will read last Friday before an Enugu High Court, gave Ambassador Bianca, substantial part of the property acquired by her late husband, including the famous Casabianca building on Forest Close, Enugu.

This is "A LESSON BEFITTING OF POLYGAMOUS MEN!".
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by kaycrystal(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
Archmed: what....am here still mourning d late IKEMBA while his wife and sons are in d battle field fighting over his properties??..wetin be my own sef?...make i go drink b**r joor!!

after one year u still dey mourn, u sure say ur plan nor be to mourn ur way into d family inheritance?
dem don read will now, so nothin for u.... grin
where we dey drink d shepe??
Re: Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics by texazzpete(m): 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
Mohammedekete: you don't know what you are talking about.how can you let one desprate woman take over your father's ...

You must be high on cheap paraga.

A beauty queen consented to marry a much older man, provided him with all the intimacy and companionship he wanted, gave him Children and filled his latter years with happiness...and suddenly she is the 'desperate one' who should not be allowed to 'take over' the wealth she joined hands with to build?

M0r0n. you and that Emeka Ojukwu that will not work for his own money.

My life will not change if my dad passes nothing down to me. I have my own money. All these moochers should shut it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends $1bn To Import Tomato Paste —UNEP / Onnoghen: Buhari Must Extend Probe To Other Judges – Sans / What A Shame: Nairobi 1960s Looks Better Than Nigeria 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.