Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

I Didn’t Spend N4bn On Ondo Election –Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Spend N4bn On Ondo Election –Aregbesola (453 Views)

Ondo Election Result / Osun Election:aregbesola Foiled PDP Rigging Plans of Wired Ballot Paper / Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Spend N4bn On Ondo Election –Aregbesola by lekanolas: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has denied the allegation that he spent N4 billion on the October 20 governorship election in Ondo State, just as he said there was no vacancy in the Osun State Government House in 2014.

Aregbesola spoke at the weekend in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, while answering questions from journalists during a special interview programme tagged: “Ogbeni Till Day Break.”

He said there was no truth in the rumour that he spent N4 billion public fund in his bid to ensure that the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) governorship candidate in Ondo State, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, won the election.

According to him, his involvement in the election did not go beyond being a member of the ACN, who desired victory for his party.

Aregbesola said: “I did not use Osun State resources to fight Ondo governorship election. If I had used Osun resources to fight Ondo election, where then did I get the resources to pay workers’ salaries in my state and still able to execute those projects?

“What I did in Ondo State is what any democrat all over the world would do. I went to Ondo State to campaign for candidate of my party and I don’t have any apology for anybody for doing that and now that the result had gone that way, I have put that behind me and I am moving forward.”

According to him, it was high time that the Labour Party (LP) in Ondo State ended its bragging season and face how to deliver the dividend of democracy to the people.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-didnt-spend-n4bn-on-ondo-election-aregbesola/

(1) (Reply)

Police Dismisses Rumour Of Another Bomb Explosion In Abuja. / 5 Killed In Maiduguri Gun Duel / Security Beefed Up In Otuoke As Jonathan Arrives For Brother's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.