Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,658 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32640 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2012
Vanneni: Haha grin
@Vanneni ur twitter handle aint correct? trying to follow, searched alas! peeeewwww nuffin!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2012
@Vanneni ur twitter handle aint correct? trying to follow, searched alas! peeeewwww nuffin!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
Abby Gabby:
U r soooo bitter! Take it easy, its not like u were expelle or suspended or whatever!

What is your defintion of bitterness? I'm baffled.

Did you come across any of my posts that has me cus.sing out Covenant University?

Its one thing to read, and quite another to comprehend what has been written.

I'm objective. I'm one of those people who realize there are two sides to every coin, and make bold to say so.

If this makes me 'bitter' before your eyes, its a pity but it cannot be helped.

So one needs to taste the 'pill' of suspension or expulsion before speaking her mind. Na wa for some people sha angry
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
Dr.Tony:

When has smoking weed become a sin, its just outlawed by †ђε laws of †ђε land, though some states in †ђε US like Colorado are legalising weed. What most people don't know is that Marijuana(weed) is extremely medicinal with lots of pharmacological uses just browse it upp. But that killer called Ciagrrete is extermely carcinogenic, can cause any cancer you can think of, breast, liver, blood vessesls...anda host of others

shut up doctor, what the Bleep do you know about toxicology? weren't you thought that the thereapeutic value of marijuana diminishes upon long time of exposure to i.e consumption of marijuana...statistics has shown that the no of mad young men in nigeria has geometrically increased over the years due to the consumption of marijuana..the worst part of the story is that we've got a huge no of potential mad fellows in town, just a matter of time...marijuana is a very potent compent but its acute toxicity should never be understimated...chikena
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
i feel sorry for you ladies and gents that had an opportunity to attend CU but don't ever see it as a great priviledge...a lot of these guys that attended these state/fed. universities dey envy you for their inner mind because you guys were being given a world class training...'by their words they shall know them' that is for that unilag product wey get mouth diarrhoea.
why must we have the believe that youths must misbehave? we are talking about the future of this nation at stake, nigeria need more that just youths but youth with a difference who are willing to do what is right even when its not convinient ... i am not a CU product but i like the university far better than any other universit in the nation Nigeria...if you are a student of CU and you dont appreciate it, predegree form for UNAD is on sales recently so grab your copy before its late
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
oludaniels:
Yes it's not. I didn't put the correct thing there because the account is just lying fallow. Would son reactivate it though...
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
Vanneni: Yes it's not. I didn't put the correct thing there because the account is just lying fallow. Would son reactivate it though...
when activated plss follow me@hurshthings thanks!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
djcrown: i feel sorry for you ladies and gents that had an opportunity to attend CU but don't ever see it as a great priviledge...a lot of these guys that attended these state/fed. universities dey envy you for their inner mind because you guys were being given a world class training...'by their words they shall know them' that is for that unilag product wey get mouth diarrhoea.
why must we have the believe that youths must misbehave? we are talking about the future of this nation at stake, nigeria need more that just youths but youth with a difference who are willing to do what is right even when its not convinient ... i am not a CU product but i like the university far better than any other universit in the nation Nigeria...if you are a student of CU and you dont appreciate it, predegree form for UNAD is on sales recently so grab your copy before its late

You have inferior complex...u didnt attend CU and u saying all these things....maybe u attended lasu or osu buh frankly speaking without any iota of doubt i'm sure you didnt attend Unilag. Get into the job arena, get into the entrepreneural parlance, get into any leadership and entertainment grid u would see Unilag graduates using their dynamics to forge a way.. may not possess silver spoons but they got silver skills/ mindset. Do you know that your study credits from lag are transferrable to almost all top notch universities in the uk? not so for CU when they could graduate 21 1st class students in one set, meaning they should have a lot of propriety/individual patents of various researches but alas its non verifiable, instead you replace the role of discpline with intimidation and psycho-bullying which eludes any mind of rationale enthutiasm but functionality under duress, little wonder they cant appreciate workplace ethics without being supervised. I can go on and on with the comparative analysis. No CU student can stand beside me and any thorough Unilag graduate...One was told to resign diligently of recent here i'm very serious not joking please. I would advise parents not to waste the lives of their wards in a sixth form college aka CU if they plan to function to compete in life. As for mouth diarrhoea? its only used when no sense is made from every single premise of a same person in an argument. This is a deposition. Get your facts right you can still be patched.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TonySpike: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
oludaniels:

You have inferior complex...u didnt attend CU and u saying all these things....maybe u attended lasu or osu buh frankly speaking without any iota of doubt i'm sure you didnt attend Unilag. Get into the job arena, get into the entrepreneural parlance, get into any leadership and entertainment grid u would see Unilag graduates using their dynamics to forge a way.. may not possess silver spoons but they got silver skills/ mindset. Do you know that your study credits from lag are transferrable to almost all top notch universities in the uk? not so for CU when they could graduate 21 1st class students in one set, meaning they should have a lot of propriety/individual patents of various researches but alas its non verifiable, instead you replace the role of discpline with intimidation and psycho-bullying which eludes any mind of rationale enthutiasm but functionality under duress, little wonder they cant appreciate workplace ethics without being supervised. I can go on and on with the comparative analysis. No CU student can stand beside me and any thorough Unilag graduate...One was told to resign diligently of recent here i'm very serious not joking please. I would advise parents not to waste the lives of their wards in a sixth form college aka CU if they plan to function to compete in life. As for mouth diarrhoea? its only used when no sense is made from every single premise of a same person in an argument. This is a deposition. Get your facts right you can still be patched.

Take it easy, bro.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
Tony Spike:

Take it easy, bro.
lipsrsealed
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
oludaniels:

cheesy

Oga Unilag Advocate.

You got it twisted. Everyone has a right to defend his/her alma mater. Its a simple matter of opinion.

Why you come carry the matter on top head like say na pay-per-view wrestling match?

I refrained from making any comparison between higher institutions because I do not know much about what obtains within them.

I'll share the little I know though. I make bold to speak about architecture because I've been to several institutions, including your precious Unilag, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ambrose Alli University and Ahmadu Bello University. All in a bid to interact with colleagues.

Do you know CU was the first university within the nation to adopt computer-aided drafting, as opposed to the manual system of drafting in the department of architecture?

Unilag followed suit when they realized that CU-trained architects had more advantage in the employment market. How about the fact that I had to tutor some students from other institutions during my IT days many years back?

I know for a fact that till this very day AAU still endorses the manual system of drafting, right up to the masters level.

Talk about competition. I'm well informed on anything concerning architecture within institutions.

I also happen to know that during the entrance exam for postgraduate studies (M.Ed) in Unilag, CU students were accepted into the program, along with others from OAU and very few Unilag students.

smiley Feel free to check this out.

Oh...and another thing, if CU is half as bad as you claim it is, why do reputable firms come over to the school every year to recruit students? First class material or not, if you got the skills a firm require, you get hired!

I graduated with a 2.1, and I'm in a position of authority in my place of work. Nevertheless, I still realize there are two sides to every coin grin

Maybe the CU graduates you've come across are airheads. It doesn't mean everyone who holds a degree from CU toes this same path.

This is just to point out the flaws in your argument. Plus I suggest you refrain from abusive words. It doesn't speak well of your character. Present your views on any issue in the most amicable manner.

Compliments of the season to you!

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
[quote author=Osheshe]

cheesy

Oga Unilag Advocate.

You got it twisted. Everyone has a right to defend his/her alma mater. Its a simple matter of opinion.

Why you come carry the matter on top head like say na pay-per-view wrestling match?

I refrained from making any comparison between higher institutions because I do not know much about what obtains within them.

I'll share the little I know though. I make bold to speak about architecture because I've been to several institutions, including your precious Unilag, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ambrose Alli University and Ahmadu Bello University. All in a bid to interact with colleagues.

Do you know CU was the first university within the nation to adopt computer-aided drafting, as opposed to the manual system of drafting in the department of architecture?

Unilag followed suit when they realized that CU-trained architects had more advantage in the employment market. How about the fact that I had to tutor some students from other institutions during my IT days many years back?

I know for a fact that till this very day AAU still endorses the manual system of drafting, right up to the masters level.

Talk about competition. I'm well informed on anything concerning architecture within institutions.

I also happen to know that during the entrance exam for postgraduate studies (M.Ed) in Unilag, CU students were accepted into the program, along with others from OAU and very few Unilag students.

smiley Feel free to check this out.

Oh...and another thing, if CU is half as bad as you claim it is, why do reputable firms come over to the school every year to recruit students? First class material or not, if you got the skills a firm require, you get hired!

I graduated with a 2.1, and I'm in a position of authority in my place of work. Nevertheless, I still realize there are two sides to every coin grin

Maybe the CU graduates you've come across are airheads. It doesn't mean everyone who holds a degree from CU toes this same path.

This is just to point out the flaws in your argument. Plus I suggest you refrain from abusive words. It doesn't speak well of your character. Present your views on any issue in the most amicable manner.

Compliments of the season to you![/quote
Same to you. Opinion accepted
Kindly help me clarify something... Federal School of Survey started CAD Q.e.d. Cos that was where Dr. Kufoniyi installed it on coming bacl from netherland and it was in RECTAS but used by all those top guys. I should be 98% right cos i know.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
"Do you know CU was the first university within the nation to adopt computer-aided drafting, as opposed to the manual system of drafting in the department of architecture?"

The emphasis is on 'the department of architecture'. I really do not grasp how you linked my post to Surveying. That is an entirely different field.

To the best of my knowledge, surveyors have no business with CAD - land surveyors and the like. Rather, they have specialized physical equipment to carry out site levelling and other physical pre-construction activities on site.

CAD softwares - Autocad, Revit, 3D Max, Archicad, Lumion, SketchUp and the like are the exclusive preserve of architects. We are the head of any building team.

Sadly, other professions want to encroach on our rights...but no worries....Osanobua Is Involved grin
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Osheshe: [i][/i]"Do you know CU was the first university within the nation to adopt computer-aided drafting, as opposed to the manual system of drafting in the department of architecture?"

The emphasis is on 'the department of architecture'. I really do not grasp how you linked my post to Surveying. That is an entirely different field.

To the best of my knowledge, surveyors have no business with CAD - land surveyors and the like. Rather, they have specialized physical equipment to carry out site levelling and other physical pre-construction activities on site.

CAD softwares - Autocad, Revit, 3D Max, Archicad, Lumion, SketchUp and the like are the exclusive preserve of architects. We are the head of any building team.

Sadly, other professions want to encroach on our rights...but no worries....Osanobua Is Involved grin

Haba any other Architect in the house? i'm not talking jargon here please. Chevron sponsored some RECTAS ile-ife late 90s headed then by then Dr. Kufoniyi and installed the first CAD lab at Rectas for practitioners and a mini GIS/CAD studio at FSS i cant recall the name of the head then but know the person personally trying to recollect his name. So far as i have known, Surveyors( not limited to land) that i know u know,Civil Engineers and Architects complete projects together qed. Not my field but i grew up amongst them so i know what i'm saying at least i'm not deaf and dumb. Money making Archy i hail o biko you must design house for me oh. goodnight.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 12:00am On Dec 19, 2012
cheesy

I said the architect is the head of any building team....and a building team comprises of the Architect grin (of course), the Quantity Surveyor, the Engineers (Structural, Mechanical and Electrical, nominated and sub-contractors,and the masons, carpenters etc.

We work together...unless anyone dey try prove stubborn, then he is shown the way out.

As for your claim, I nor know wetin dem wan use CAD take do. Its their business. Once again, CU was the first to 'adopt' and not 'install' CAD. There's a difference. It raised quite a lot of dust back then, with a number of external jurors from Unilag snubbing our invitations.

Today, such jurors especially the 'Savage' (no pun intended, that's his name) have endorsed same CAD in Unilag. That's the koko of the matter, and not FSS, Oyo smiley
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 1:05am On Dec 19, 2012
Osheshe: cheesy

I said the architect is the head of any building team....and a building team comprises of the Architect grin (of course), the Quantity Surveyor, the Engineers (Structural, Mechanical and Electrical, nominated and sub-contractors,and the masons, carpenters etc.

We work together...unless anyone dey try prove stubborn, then he is shown the way out.

As for your claim, I nor know wetin dem wan use CAD take do. Its their business. Once again, CU was the first to 'adopt' and not 'install' CAD. There's a difference. It raised quite a lot of dust back then, with a number of external jurors from Unilag snubbing our invitations.

Today, such jurors especially the 'Savage' (no pun intended, that's his name) have endorsed same CAD in Unilag. That's the koko of the matter, and not FSS, Oyo smiley
okay
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TonySpike: 4:58am On Dec 19, 2012
Osheshe:

Sorry to chip this in, I've seen quite a number of manifold and pipeline layout designs simulated with AUTOCAD, as well as many drafting design templates designed by Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. I don't quite believe that makers of AUTOCAD (AUTODESK) specifically designed it for Architects alone, because it doesn't just make profit sense. Also, most software companies do expand the capabilities of their applications over time to target a wide array of end-users. For example, a prolific software called MATLAB comes into mind. It was mainly designed for solving complicated matrix problems, for Engineers, back in the 70's. Today, it is utilised by Economists, Biologists, Physicists e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2012
Tony Spike:

Sorry to chip this in, I've seen quite a number of manifold and pipeline layout designs simulated with AUTOCAD, as well as many drafting design templates designed by Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. I don't quite believe that makers of AUTOCAD (AUTODESK) specifically designed it for Architects alone, because it doesn't just make profit sense. Also, most software companies do expand the capabilities of their applications over time to target a wide array of end-users. For example, a prolific software called MATLAB comes into mind. It was mainly designed for solving complicated matrix problems, for Engineers, back in the 70's. Today, it is utilised by Economists, Biologists, Physicists e.t.c.
Good one
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
[quote author=oludaniels]

You have inferior complex...u didnt attend CU and u saying all these things....maybe u attended lasu or osu buh frankly speaking without any iota of doubt i'm sure you didnt attend Unilag.
bro...the lastc time i checked, inferior complex does not have the same meaning as admiring something qualitative...funny how you mentioned LASU, and OSU, but i am not from either of these two institutions you mentioned earlier neither am i from UNILAG,but i have come across several UNILAG products that dont just lack a silver spoon but also lack a plastic skill to talk of silver skill...talking of job arena,i suppose you know a lot about probablity, the population of the graduates produced by UNILAG in a year is greater compared to that of CU,so its no new thing if UNILAG has more of its alumnites in the labour market than CU...lastly, i would implore you to ask if probably you know any UNILAG product doing who made it without much stress what was the secret,i am sure he would probably tell you the secret to success is not a function of what institution you attended but PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT although there are exceptions...CARRYY UNILAG PUT FOR HEAD MAKE YOU NO DEVELOP YOURSELF,time will tell...incase you care to know the institution i attended,its ADEKUNLE AJASIN, UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA AKOKO , ONDOO STATE and i am proud to be a product
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Sogo10: 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
Y u cum dey mention osu,lasu.u dull abeg.i even think say nah 1 beta schl u go.dat schl. wey mah ex gf dey.no b shot put una dey do.una even dey bath outside.nah jealousy dey worry u.make i tell u d real truth.student good, nah matter of institution.@ least 90% of students wey go gud schls dey reasonable in terms of result and character wen compared 2 dose dat went to unserious institutions.there r some institutions in nigeria dat can stand near Mayflower secondary schl.how many schls get reading culture wey we get back den in mayflower schl.ogbeni,d schl. matters a lot in d life of d individual.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2012
Sogo10: Y u cum dey mention osu,lasu.u dull abeg.i even think say nah 1 beta schl u go.dat schl. wey mah ex gf dey.no b shot put una dey do.una even dey bath outside.nah jealousy dey worry u.make i tell u d real truth.student good, nah matter of institution.@ least 90% of students wey go gud schls dey reasonable in terms of result and character wen compared 2 dose dat went to unserious institutions.there r some institutions in nigeria dat can stand near Mayflower secondary schl.how many schls get reading culture wey we get back den in mayflower schl.ogbeni,d schl. matters a lot in d life of d individual.
;-

the fact that your ex-girlfriend was so poor that she could not even afford a house with a toilet does not mean that everyone throws shotput...if you are classy as you claimed,you should have been able to give her a token of N 80k,to rent a cozy apartment.moreover,what do you mean by the word precipitate?thats wrong usage bro.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Infomizer(m): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
djcrown:
((sic)) what does the word sic means abeg no yab me o
Lol.
It is used when quoting an author that made a grammatical blunder. You use it to sort of let your reader know that you are aware of the error too (so you don't share the blame). That's how i can explain o! You could also google it.

You're welcome...wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Free Past Ict (computer Studies) Practical Questions - Waec/neco (2014 And 2015) / UNIJOS Student Commits Suicide Over ASUU Strike / Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.