Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32615 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by donachief: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nigeria's topmost christian university,Covenant University,owned by Bishop David oyedepo is known for their strict rules and Shrewd Discipline,well last saturday, over 200 students were shown the way out of the University.

The institution popularly known for not allowing students to use phones,had their departure last saturday evening when trouble erupted, the vice chancellor was giving a speech when students started diving through the chapel doors and windows.

Suddenly the Chancellor, Bishop oyedepo started making his way through the Chapel,anger visibly displaying on his face, he called the former dean of student affairs,Mr bassey.As both men left the chapel,Other members of staff and faculty even the VC followed the duo outside for a brief meeting.

By then students were gripped to their seats in terror wondering what might have happened,it was discovered that the chancellor was angry because students were seen loitering around the chapel,some talking and gisting,while some were playing.

The chancellor entered the chapel premises unannounced and as some students discovered who it was,They took their heels,Many students started running into the chapel scrambling for seats and any free space they could, some boys who did not have ties on,started looking for ways to acquire some,even a group of boys numbering up to five allegedly took a girl's scarf and ripped it to shreds using the parts to produce makeshift ties all not to get into trouble.

Then the members of faculty and staff started returning back into the chapel, then the education secretary,Mrs.Aize Obayan took to the podium, as she was speaking,students were murmuring,then the Chancellor walked up to the podium and politely took the microphone, he said ''if i hear the voice of any student, the curse of the lord shall fall upon that one''. the chapel went dead silent.

That night, the chancellor spoke on Discipline and his vision for the university, immediately after the chancellor finished his speech and left the chapel,The vice chancellor took the mic and told the students to wait behind because a search was going to be carried out in all the halls of residence in order to fish out students who did not attend the service.

25 final years students were caught and an undisclosed number of lower level students,two students were caught smoking weed,more than 200 students were expelled from the university.

http://..com/2012/12/covenant-university-expels-249-students.html#more

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
Anger of the Lord? Quite Heavy

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by tpia1: 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
The religion section will erupt again now. . . . .
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by joey4jo: 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sounds like a secondary school..

35 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by tpia1: 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
I'm seriously wondering if he shouldnt be given a portfolio in the nigerian govt, maybe even run for the presidency.

He ( and Fashola) seem/s to know what it takes to handle nigerians.

Just thinking aloud.

Hope the expelled students can sort all this out though.

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
God help us

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by OME1(m): 12:14am On Dec 05, 2012
Funny story...upon their normal room check routine and security...students still dey weed for the school...you can drag a horse to a river but you can't force it to drink water...

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Mpetempe(m): 1:13am On Dec 05, 2012
Too bad for a man of God.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 05, 2012
O.M.E:
Funny story...upon their normal room check routine and security...students still dey weed for the school...you can drag a horse to a river but you can't force it to drink water...
No time nah....lol
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2012
Anger of the Lord indeed.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by stagger: 8:13am On Dec 05, 2012
Anyone who cannot live by simple rules of an institution has no business in that institution. Simple.

14 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by omenziate(m): 8:13am On Dec 05, 2012
Wahala dey o.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by jonnywest(m): 8:13am On Dec 05, 2012
secondary skool

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by nneh1(f): 8:14am On Dec 05, 2012
Why won't they smoke weed when the responsible ones don't get admission.

15 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TonySpike: 8:15am On Dec 05, 2012
...and the Lord said to MY LORD.

#The anger of Moshe
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by eggheaders(m): 8:16am On Dec 05, 2012
this suppose to be a university and not a kindergarten I think.why the over controlling of adults. and the curse of the lord tin is just too much IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by mu2sa2: 8:17am On Dec 05, 2012
Christian university. Under "man of God".
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2012
Imagine the wastage of sky rocketing school fees...after using thier money to buy private jets he now expels them..he is now biting the fingers that fed him..

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by free2ryhme: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2012
The God I know though a consuming fire yet a merciful God... Israel did worst than dis yet He forgave them...While Christ was dying on the cross He forgave!!!

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Okijajuju1(m): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2012
Thats what you get when you mix Education with religion..

Oyedepo using the 'curse of God' as a weapon to threaten students.. If to say person like me dey the school, na that day them for expel me, but Oyedepo would have gotten a good piece of my mind..

13 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Gee001: 8:19am On Dec 05, 2012
Wot's all these? Arant nonsense! 4 crying out loud dat is a university not some kind of high school! I pity those students because they'll never hv the chance to experience what others in universities do experience. If dey shd miss out all those lifestyles in d university, abi na wen dem graduate dem go start? All of those things are part of life abeg. Bishop free dem jor.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by 50calibre(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2012
This thing sounds more like a secondary school, the restrictions are just too much but then again students who chose to attend the university knew fully well about the high standards and strict discipline the university prides itself on so it was their responsibilty to abide by them.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by mrkels(m): 8:20am On Dec 05, 2012
Curse of the lord? Using God to threathen students? How sick and lame!!! Why is he behaving like a dictator na?
I'm yet to understand this man...

BTW...lmao at the dudes smoking weed, they are confirmed stars now and their parents would see that in the expulsion letter cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by hydiciousb: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2012
nneh1: Why won't they smoke weed when the responsible ones don't get admission.

People like me abi?.... grin
nneh1: Why won't they smoke weed when the responsible ones don't get admission.

People like me abi?....

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TonySpike: 8:22am On Dec 05, 2012
As the Yorubas would say, "Owo ti jona, Owo ni wo ile, owo ti wo igbo lo".
My deep 'condolences" to the parents of those expelled 'kids'.
Covenant University on "anger" strike, please try again later!
grin grin grin
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by salafiyy: 8:22am On Dec 05, 2012
...ADVANCE SECONDAY SCHOOL...

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Cherish100(f): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2012
Why would he say a curse of the Lord shall come upon any student whose voice is heard? Who gave him the authority to curse? I feel for the students who were expelled because after paying millions of school fees each session, that money is now wasted. It's a pity they were expelled for such little offence as not going to church, it's not like they destroyed school property or worse. No one should be forced to go to church, it should be by freewil. It's better for them to stay in their hostel than go to church and disturb. This man is so authoritative and inconsiderate. I hate this!

10 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by mrkels(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2012
coolkris: Imagine the wastage of sky rocketing school fees...after using thier money to buy private jets he now expels them..he is now biting the fingers that fed him..
Lwtmb... cheesy
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Lawconfessor(f): 8:23am On Dec 05, 2012
Hmmmmm. Poor Souls

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by ABUGEORGE(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2012
O.M.E:
i just luv dis words, wat a nice words, even d rich wants to walk wit d poor. Smoke weed for covenant university i thought it is d skul dat is full wit holy people

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University / Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? / UNIJOS Student Commits Suicide Over ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.