Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32589 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by iamdsam: 9:48am On Dec 05, 2012
What do you expect from a man of whatever who slapped a lady just because she confessed that she is a witch for Jesus. This man needs to a school of anger management. This is not the right way to discipline students
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by zeefa: 9:51am On Dec 05, 2012
So what happens to the Muslim student in the University? If the law is 4 all students 2 attend chapel fellowship?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by ayodayg(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2012
na dt WEED part i still find hard to swallow...besides gettin' high spiritually, WEED also can do dsame.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2012
methodman: lol...nothing new. I remembered when my cousin was suspended for a year just because he mistakenly signed for someone who wasnt in skol at the time of roll call. Come see as we beg Oyedepo oooo the man talk say hin one year na one year. Come see as my cousins father deh vex for Oyedepo. He actually wanted to withdraw the poor boi from the skol but my cousin was already in 300level. I pitied him sha because it really affected hin psychologically. angry angry angry.
. You can imagine that kind of thingsad. Just imagine what it does to the psychology of students. Sad indeed and annoying too.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by isomadtech(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2012
CU knows what they are doing. The children of the rich are spoilt brat, disobedient and wayward. CU only create a platform for the remoulding of their life because the parent that are supposed to train them are busy pursuing money.
If a whole VC is talking and some student that are supposed to be listening are loitering around. Is that not disrespect to constituted authorities? They have to be punished.
Lastly, our inability to follow rules and regulations had led to decay that we now witness in our society today. Why would our people get to us, uk and the rest and follow their rules and here at home we do something else. I believe a lot of you that codemn the man must be under 30 because if you are above 30 and you dont know the place of rules and regulation im a society, then am afraid.

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by tpia1: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2012
zeefa: So what happens to the Muslim student in the University? If the law is 4 all students 2 attend chapel fellowship?

from their webpage:

Covenant University is a growing, dynamic vision-birthed, vision driven University, founded on a Christian mission ethos and committed to pioneering excellence at the cutting edge of learning. We are driven by the compelling vision of raising a new generation of Leaders for the African Continent on the platform of a Holistic, Human Development and integrated learning curriculum, in order to raise Total Men who will go out to develop their world. Our Core-Values of Spirituality, Possibility Mentality, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence and Sacrifice are what defines our commitment to excellence.

http://www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/About-Us

i think its clearly stated Covenant is a private Christian university, and as such, any student who wants to attend the place, would have signed an undertaking to show he or she is aware of this fact.

and, its not the only university in nigeria!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Mavor: This is a fu<king joke right? I pity anyone stupid enough to go into these "advanced secondary schools". If your parents are forcing you, then take the entrance exam and "deliberately" fail it. This Oyedepo is a joke. And I heard he has anger management issues. Imagine a school where the average man in his church can't attend cos of the high fees, meanwhile that poor man's tithes and offerings is used to build it and buy private jet for the clown. A lot of protestants Christians are easily "mumu-ed" by false prophets, like sheep with bad shepherds.
Lol grin @ deliberately failing the exam.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Maxymilliano(m): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2012
Oyedepo ought to expel himself as the Chancellor and also extend same to the VC before expelling the poor students. Parent brought their kids and wards to the school because it is faith based and it is expected that high level of discipline and moral rectitude should be the hallmark of such institution.

But the school failed in this aspect greatly, the attention of the dean of studies or the VC is enough to command respect but this was not so from what we read in the original post, it took rain of curses from Oyedepo to subdued the students, what does this say about the school?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IleIfe2(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2012
zinosleek: I think this is a wrong approach to discipline, they ll only end up producing graduate that can't function in today's world. University is a place where u learn not only book but its a step to prepare u for d outside world where u are to make decision by yourself there discovering who you are. University is a open minded environment, I seriously condemn the disciplinary approach of this school, they

No, i disagree. Such Universities will produce graduates that obey the law. That's what the society needs.

BTW. People that have nothing reasonable to contribute are the ones complaining about what Oyedepo said. Anybody that has a problem with the 'threat' should go hug a transformer. While your mates are praying in the chapel, you are busy loitering and chatting around, are you inviting God's blessing or curse? Abeg make all of una pack well jor.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by infofirst(m): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2012
Convenant High School Expels over 200 students

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by tpia1: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2012
zeefa: So what happens to the Muslim student in the University? If the law is 4 all students 2 attend chapel fellowship?

mission statement for Fountain University:

http://www.fountainuniversity.edu.ng/index.php/about-us/our-vc-welcomes-you

Fountain University is located in Osogbo, Nigeria The University was established by the Nasrul-lahi-li fathi Society of Nigeria in 2008. It is an Islamic faith based University.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_University

if a Christian student decides to go there, they will also have to sign an agreement stating they're aware of this fact and will abide by whatever rules apply.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shalome(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2012
That place no be university nw...where dem dey ring bell to announce breaktime,abegi
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by buchito1(m): 10:03am On Dec 05, 2012
nawa o!!! Dey are jst training kids dere.... Pastor oyedapo!!!! Nd y dem no go smoke wem scol dry!!!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Dubemkelly(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2012
Pathetic tho...Most stds dere took d institutn as an option cos JAMB has jammed dem buh its always kul 2 stick 2 d rules attached 2 any organisatn u r in2 if u wanna succeed...Apart 4rm d steady academic calender,private universities r wacky
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Dubemkelly(m): 10:05am On Dec 05, 2012
Pathetic tho...Most stds dere took d institutn as an option cos JAMB has jammed dem buh its always kul 2 stick 2 d rules attached 2 any organisatn u r in2 if u wanna succeed...Apart 4rm d steady academic calender,private universities r wacky esp doz step up by d church
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by buchito1(m): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2012
its only in convenant & babcock university dat u see a boy nd a gurl kissing wif their eyes opened!!!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by heskeyw(m): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2012
amourpure: Anger of the Lord? Quite Heavy
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 05, 2012
Osheshe: This issue of expulsion has been on since the inception of the school.

The affected students were not expelled because they were 'loitering' or they refused to attend chapel.

It is the norm for the university to hold a 'departure' service/meeting before students go home for holidays, during which prayers are made and words of advice given.

Some students see it as 'fashionable' to 'stab' these university meetings. As an alumunus of the university, I caught on quite early that it is better to be safe than sorry.

The Chancellor has tendencies to show up at these meetings, and take instant albeit rash decisions. Why sacrifice your future for mere 2 hours of gisting/smoking weed/watching movies?

Anyone who gets enrolled in this University knows what they signed up for. Call it a glorified secondary school or whatever you may, fact remains that I imbibed some positive values during my days there, and left the negative for the school management.

There are a lot of things I never agreed with, and still do not agree with but that is a topic for another day...

On a lighter note, those expelled should see it as a two years hiatus. It has come to my notice that the University has a knack for recalling expelled students after a 2 years period.

Make una enjoy the holiday.
. Things are different now. Bishop Oyedepo said, the time of mercy has passed that once your caught doing anything wrong, you'd get instant expulsion. No warning letteres, suspension and the rest. I can't imagine being in 500L and getting expelled. Kai, no!sad.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IYANGBALI: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2012
amourpure: Anger of the Lord? Quite Heavy
no mind the man who has turned himself to a tin god
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IYANGBALI: 10:15am On Dec 05, 2012
buchito1: its only in convenant & babcock university dat u see a boy nd a gurl kissing wif their eyes opened!!!
ol boy that kind kiss no dey sweet o
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Gnosticmovement(m): 10:16am On Dec 05, 2012
bfore u guys say he has no right to curse...remember elisha commanded lions to eat up Kids that were laughing @ him..... Gnostic for life mehn

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by AbbyGabby1: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2012
[/color][color=#770077] :PWell,that's what you get when u sign up for something and u messed up with the rules! And read ur bible well b4 u make references...if they thought "The curse of the lord" doesn't exist, why did they obey, one person for disobey make we see... That was not anger, that's discipline and that's what the skool stands for!lawlessness! If we hav 3 kids raised with such dicipline in Nigeria, I'm sure this country will move far ahead of where it is presently!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2012
Ile-Ife:

No, i disagree. Such Universities will produce graduates that obey the law. That's what the society needs.
[size=13pt]
BTW. People that have nothing reasonable to contribute are the ones complaining about what Oyedepo said. Anybody that has a problem with the 'threat' should go hug a transformer. While your mates are praying in the chapel, you are busy loitering and chatting around, are you inviting God's blessing or curse? Abeg make all of una pack well jor. [/size]

If God places a curse on you every time you disobey (sin), where would you be?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by talktimi(m): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2012
Okija_juju: Thats what you get when you mix Education with religion..

Oyedepo using the 'curse of God' as a weapon to threaten students.. If to say person like me dey the school, na that day them for expel me, but Oyedepo would have gotten a good piece of my mind..
you never hear say the guy dey box students like Tyson ? No do the one wey go land you hot slap o

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by chiswaggs: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2012
I know one thin for sure that if this man allows all sorts of miscreants to parade his school, there will still be some people here on nairaland saying ' imagine a school run by a man of God'.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IYANGBALI: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2012
were they blind before applying to study in the school?when you are in rome you behave like the roman?they should forget about their religion while in that glorified primary school

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2012
zinosleek: This is the problem I have with most MOG, they are so authoritarian forgetting they are humans like us, if Jesus can sit and dine with sinners and even forgive those that offends Him, then who are you to condemn and place curse on people for expressing their free will. Well I blame the people for allowing someone to trample on them like that. These people that call themselves pastor are just like our political leaders feeling like they are kings and above the law.

Bros read John 2:12-17 the same Jesus Christ was angry and upturn the tables of money changers and business people in the Temple 'cause they turn the house of God to a market. If the student cannot abide by a simple rule of keeping quite while their VC address them but feel like loitering, making noise, hanging out with friends even smoking weed in their hostels then the expulsion serves them right. It is such people that goes into NYSC camps and start having problem with their instructors, simple thing first.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IYANGBALI: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2012
tatiana009:

If God places a curse on you every time you disobey (sin), where would you be?
pls ask the hediot
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by barapistis(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2012
i jusk they fpass dey waka dey go
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by agaz08(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2012
upön the exhorbitant fees i paid u stil expel me.i want to remind u i am not in a high school.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by item1: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2012
[size=30pt]Just asking. IS THE SCHOOL MEANT FOR ONLY XTIANS? MUST EVERYONE GO TO CHURCH TO BE A STUDENT IN THIS UNIVERSITY?[/size]
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by AbbyGabby1: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2012
IYA NGBALI: no mind the man who has turned himself to a tin god

Pls connect ur mouth to ur brain b4 u talk! The bible says; ".. For ye are all gods"..... If u dnt knw ur identity as a Christian , he does!u have the power! And I dnt see what's making him a god! I think a lot of people jst have complex issues and when they see blessed people the vomit pathetic shit out of their gutters like u jst did!...........
And pls oyedepo is not d owner of CU, CU belongs to "winners' chapel"........ The church built the school!
People have lost respect for God's presence! Elijah cursed, Jesus's flogged, God destroys! What are u talking about? Mtcheeeeeew! I'm not his fan tho but pls get ur facts b4 u say rubbish here! Duh!!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe / Biochemistry Course Rep Apologizes To Ex-Coursemates For Misusing Money (photo) / Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.