Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32614 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by salmonkay: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Mrs.Aize Obayan took to the podium, as she was speaking,students were murmuring,then the Chancellor walked up to the podium and politely took the microphone, he said ''if i hear the voice of any student, the curse of the lord shall fall upon that one''. the chapel went dead silent
quiet heavy for a man of GOD BISHOP FOR THAT MATTER nawao,can he say that to his children?shmmmmmmm
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IleIfe2(m): 10:27am On Dec 05, 2012
item1: [size=20pt]Just asking. IS THE SCHOOL MEANT FOR ONLY XTIANS? MUST EVERYONE GO TO CHURCH TO BE A STUDENT IN THIS UNIVERSITY?[/size]

[size=25pt]NO[/size]
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by salmonkay: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2012
Mrs.Aize Obayan took to the podium, as she was speaking,students were murmuring,then the Chancellor walked up to the podium and politely took the microphone, he said ''if i hear the voice of any student, the curse of the lord shall fall upon that one''. the chapel went dead silent.BISHPO NO GO SCHOOL?QUITE HEAVY FOR THESE STUDENT AND FROM A BISHOP FOR THAT MATTER.shmmmmmmmm
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by SELFWORTH: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2012
chiswaggs: I know one thin for sure that if this man allows all sorts of miscreants to parade his school, there will still be some people here on nairaland saying ' imagine a school run by a man of God'.

Don't mind the hypocrites. You can never win , no matter what you do.

All those who support the indiscipline or the students on the post must be teenagers. That way their comments makes sense.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by chiswaggs: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: . Some of them were forced and some others didn't know anything about the rules before entering.
' ignorantia facti excusat, ignorantia juris non excusat' simply put, ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it. Imagine som1 dat kills and says I did not know that there was a law in Nigeria that forbids killing. In english, ' ignorance of facts excuse, ignorance of the law does not excuse'.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by VirginFinder: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2012
I suppose most of those viewing/following this thread are CU alumni.But they have been largely mum.

Only Vanneni has been bold enough albeit wrongly.Kudos though.

Attention everybody!
If you are a CU alumnus, please stand up!!

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by deesnipes(f): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2012
Any one getting admission into a private university are aware of the laws right from when you pay ur acceptance fee and u av a copy of d rules and regulations. Furthermore both parents and students do sign a letter of undertaking binding them to these rules and their consequences.so when u disobey, expect consequences( though consequences are not commensurate with offences most times like in this case).
Also schools taking these kind of measures are most times operating from experiences. Many of these private unis were not even 20percent hard as they are now. There has been a lot of abuses from the students and also from parents who think they are high and mighty and there children can get away with anything.an example of this; in my 100level in a private uni, there were some guys from d same family trying to introduce cultism in d school cos they've bin in other unis before, they go abt threating other guys and even to d extent on planning to rape in d female hostels.the student protested to d school administration, d guys were expelled and lo and behold tjeir father sued d school and the case was in court for a very long time to d extent that our registrar had to be on house arrest for a while.after the whole sAga, rules became harder with stiffer penalties.
We also have parents that want to turn private unis into rehabilitation centers for their wayward children so they always complain that the rules are not as strict as they shld be.imagine a child that took permission to go home on a weekend not knowing that the father was also on his way to visit him in school that same day. On getting to the school and did not meet d child it was serious drama asking the school authority who gave them permission to allow d child leave d school; that he was d one that brought d child to school and until he comes to d school to take his child, he shldnt be allowed to leave. This and many more cases like this made d school to start given exit permit once a month.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by chiswaggs: 10:34am On Dec 05, 2012
Ile-Ife:

[size=25pt]NO[/size]
yes
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by AbbyGabby1: 10:35am On Dec 05, 2012
IYA NGBALI: pls ask the hediot
R u a Christian? There are self acclaimed curses! Yes God curses!even if he forgives, u'll bear d consequences!! Eg:u kill and repent,doesn't mean if u were caught u won't go to jail or in d future u or a memeber of ur family won't be murdered! Kapish?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Mckayzee(m): 10:39am On Dec 05, 2012
50calibre: This thing sounds more like a secondary school, the restrictions are just too much but then again students who chose to attend the university knew fully well about the high standards and strict discipline the university prides itself on so it was their responsibilty to abide by them.
most didn't choose the school..most of them were forced by their parents to go there..

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Sogo10: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2012
joey4jo: Sounds like a secondary school..
did i hear u say it sounds like a secondary schl or it is a secondary schl.even when i was in medical schl.i dont use tie always.i used it only wen i want 2 visit the H.O.D.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 10:41am On Dec 05, 2012
methodman: lol...nothing new. I remembered when my cousin was suspended for a year just because he mistakenly signed for someone who wasnt in skol at the time of roll call. Come see as we beg Oyedepo oooo the man talk say hin one year na one year. Come see as my cousins father deh vex for Oyedepo. He actually wanted to withdraw the poor boi from the skol but my cousin was already in 300level. I pitied him sha because it really affected hin psychologically. angry angry angry

Don't let us be hypocritical in this issue. Note the highlighted, how can a student tell us that he mistakenly signed for someone (presumably a friend) who was not in school? Such person will grow up to tell Nigerian he mistakenly collected fuel subsidy payment without delivering the product just like a federal Minister who got paid #2.7 billion 'mistakenly' for a product he did not deliver.

Virtually everybody belief that Nigerians need a tough man/institution to tame corruption in our nation, we complain that GEJ is weak but when we see a man who is firm on bad character and corruption we cry wolf. Why? Nigeria RONU (think).

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IleIfe2(m): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2012
Sogo10: did i hear u say it sounds like a secondary schl or it is a secondary schl.even when i was in medical schl.i dont use tie always.i used it only wen i want 2 visit the H.O.D.
why do you use it when you want to visit your HOD?

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IleIfe2(m): 10:43am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Don't let us be hypocritical in this issue. Note the highlighted, how can a student tell us that he mistakenly signed for someone (presumably a friend) who was not in school? Such person will grow up to tell Nigerian he mistakenly collected fuel subsidy payment without delivering the product just like a federal Minister who got paid #2.7 billion 'mistakenly' for a product he did not deliver.

Virtually everybody belief that Nigerians need a tough man/institution to tame corruption in our nation, we complain that GEJ is weak but when we see a man who is firm on bad character and corruption we cry wolf. Why? Nigeria RONU (think).

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by elrony(m): 10:43am On Dec 05, 2012
Hehe i pity doz peepz...ya shudnt b breakin sch rules tho...

Come 2 fink of it...since wen did nt attendin church turn crime lwkmd
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by ypzilanti: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2012
That's what the parents signed for. i pity the students because majority had no choice regarding the school they wanted to attend. University is not just about grades...its also supposed to be a school of life where you meet all sorts of characters that you will meet later in life. Also, you learn to make better decicions from your life mistakes.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Even in Harvard i don't think the students will be loitering around while their VC and Chancellor is in a hall to address them. Call a spade a spade - the the student did was wrong and they paid dearly for it. Period.
students will always be students, leave that one aside. The chapel is large enough to contain about 3 thousand seated students at a time and we are about 8 thousand students. They didn't pprovide us with canopies or anything of the sort so students were hanging all around the chapel. Now what do you expect them to do? There's no way that some wouldn't be gisting and even moving about. But if the were inside the chapel, their noise would have been less. They should consider some of these things jare. A friend of mine who didn't get a seat inside was just standing outside non her own when she saw people running. She was wondering what was happening when papa came and tapped her on the shoulder asking if she was a students. She was surprised and was like yes, I'm a student. Then the man raised his hands up to slap her. Omo, she pushed him and ran away. She came to the hostel crying. She was lucky that she wasn't caught.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Kx: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: papa came and tapped her on the shoulder asking if she was a student. She was surprised and was like yes, I'm a student. Then the man raised his hands up to slap her

Really?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by AbbyGabby1: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2012
zeefa: So what happens to the Muslim student in the University? If the law is 4 all students 2 attend chapel fellowship?
Its a "Christian university", if a Muslim goes there then he/she has accepted Christianity cos they are given rules&regulations to read, agree to and sign! And if u've done that, then u r bound by d rules!......

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IleIfe2(m): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: students will always be students, leave that one aside. The chapel is large enough to contain about 3 thousand seated students at a time and we are about 8 thousand students. They didn't pprovide us with canopies or anything of the sort so students were hanging all around the chapel. Now what do you expect them to do? There's no way that some wouldn't be gisting and even moving about. But if the were inside the chapel, their noise would have been less. They should consider some of these things jare. A friend of mine who didn't get a seat inside was just standing outside non her own when she saw people running. She was wondering what was happening when papa came and tapped her on the shoulder asking if she was a students. She was surprised and was like yes, I'm a student. Then the man raised his hands up to slap her. Omo, she pushed him and ran away. She came to the hostel crying. She was lucky that she wasn't caught.

Lmao Ok oooo
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 10:51am On Dec 05, 2012
Rosebela: Even in secondary school people use phone talkless of an institution thunder fire that kind thing

Madam, there are phone boxes everywhere in the school and each student is encourage to own a call-card which they recharge with Airtel (Zain) recharge card and they make calls with it. You can see someone students on phone for over an hour and nobody harass them but the rule and regulation is that no student should own a mobile (GSM) phone. So i hope you get the clue? Students in that school still make calls, even international calls. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by IleIfe2(m): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2012
Abby Gabby:
Its a "Christian university", if a Muslim goes there then he/she has accepted Christianity cos they are given rules&regulations to read, agree to and sign! And if u've done that, then u r bound by d rules!......

Liar. Every student signs and agrees to obey school rules and regulation. You have to be where other students are, no prefrential treatment for anybody. Lots and Lots of muslim students have graduated from all these universities, CU, Bowen etc. They pray in their rooms, even their room mates respect their praying corners where they lay their mat. nobody disturbs you if you don't carry your religion like a sign board on your head or try to irritate others with it.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by UyiIredia(m): 11:02am On Dec 05, 2012
Papa don start im madness again. Thank God I no dey school dis session.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Sogo10: 11:02am On Dec 05, 2012
Ile-Ife:

why do you use it when you want to visit your HOD?
funny guy,e go talk nah.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Even in Harvard i don't think the students will be loitering around while their VC and Chancellor is in a hall to address them. Call a spade a spade - the the student did was wrong and they paid dearly for it. Period.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2012
Francheezy:
Whr u dere 0n dat day ?
I was in my room, I didn't attend but they didn't catch me.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2012
For dose of us sayin dt dey blame d students for entering d sch evn tho dey knw dey cant keep to rules, d truth remains dat no matter hw careful u r, u might stl do sth wrong. Most bad practices were nt plannd,we r humans for God's sake. The man is simply Revised Standard Rev. Kings.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 05, 2012
ogbeche77:
Dreaded cultism is gradually becoming a thing of the past, believe me those private sch graduate are far worse off, I have related with a few of them & you will be shocked by there level of immorality despite been caged for 4 years
cry
ogbeche77:
Dreaded cultism is gradually becoming a thing of the past, believe me those private sch graduate are far worse off, I have related with a few of them & you will be shocked by there level of immorality despite been caged for 4 years
That's truesad
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by deesnipes(f): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2012
The muslim students are much more disciplined than the christians in privatye schools o. They don't even miss any worship service and they still do their daily prayers with their mat in the rooms. I remember they were allowed to even go out to a particular mosque to pray on fridays outside d school though I don't think they still do dat.

All thsese issues is a matter of discipline and good home training jare.
Once you know ur 4 or 5 yrs is constant, do wateva they want and get out . U still av d remaining part of ur life to enjoy ur freedom.
Also some kids don't put their parents into consideration before behaving erractically at times because everything is handed to them on a platter of gold. If u realise that ur going to a private uni is an opportunity and not a right , then u will make good use of that opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oraclefemi(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2012
I am sure rules were listed before the students apply to study there, so if they break it, they should be expelled.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by AbbyGabby1: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2012
Ile-Ife:

Liar. Every student signs and agrees to obey school rules and regulation. You have to be where other students are, no prefrential treatment for anybody. Lots and Lots of muslim students have graduated from all these universities, CU, Bowen etc. They pray in their rooms, even their room mates respect their praying corners where they lay their mat. nobody disturbs you if you don't carry your religion like a sign board on your head or try to irritate others with it.
So what's ur point exactly? what makes d quote a lie or d quoter a liar?? On Sundays, u go to church! U r not to be found loitering abt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School / Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University / Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.