Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,840 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5782426 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
Under16:
Ipomoea batatas and onion-pepper sauce. cheesy

I learned the secret of making that sauce in 1999 while on vacay in my Aunty's house in Cotonou.

I am also undergoing a personal photography traiining. Which frame do u like most?

Judging by the pics, you used artificial light
The light ray is not evenly distributed. Ensure it is evenly distributed before shooting.

I love the background. I'll go with the first frame.
I also love the way you used the botanical name (Ipomoea batatas) observing the nomenclature rule. Are you a Botanist?

FireRain:
Can anyone help with guide to making homemade pizza.

Cc cococandy,
Akposy
Pocahontas

Thank you. smiley
I haven't made Pizza. Cococandy, Hathor and GboyegaD to the rescue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Under16:

I learned the secret of making that sauce in 1999 while on vacay in my Aunty's house in Cotonou.

I am also undergoing a personal photography traiining. Which frame do u like most?
today no woman talk? I like frame 3 more

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Better still let's do 'serve yourself', so that there won't be any 'caught' and I won't be asked to kneel and carry television as punishment grin
na so ur woman dey do you? You are in an abusive relationship. No wonder u too like egg. Better leave that girl and follow Dyt abi na Dart

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Darkseid:
Dinner : buttered, peppered and oven cooked
na wa o. So na our corn and pear person disrespect so. U put them inside foil? Why u no set charcoal and roast these beauties? May God forgive u

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Akposy:

The light ray is not evenly distributed. Ensure it is evenly distributed before shooting.

I also love the way you used the botanical name (Ipomoea batatas) observing the nomenclature rule. Are you a Botanist?

I did a couple of times and had to rely on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Akposy:
Happy Bread Day

Good morning all
u try. But at least try dey serve us this your bread with thick milo tea to make the picture complete.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hotworta1: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
April2525:
Got home famished and needed to whip up something real quick and settled for tomotato sauce and rice there wasn't any chicken, carrots and peas like i would normaly have loved so i decided to make do with what i have and came up with
CRAYFISH TOMATO SAUCE , SAUTÈ ONIONS RING, BOILED EGGS WITH RICE AND DODO
It turned out tastier than i expected and the magic was using alot of natural ingredients like crayfish,ginger and garlic.
Balanced diet and yummy  what do you think?
why rice come small pass d stew? So if i chop d rice finish na to drink abi na too lick d remaining stew?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sheDD(m): 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
So a little boy from "Block Rosary" told my mum more than once to give them cake so that prayers could be made for her.
His out-of-nowhere professing " grin lead me to just run a low-budget cake for them so prayers could be made for my mum and fam
Cc;Brize

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NoToPile: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
viettastitches:
please share the recipe .I am literally drooling.

cheesy grin

Akpos Birthday Moist Chocolate Cake recipe

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cup sugar
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 evaporated milk
½ cup vegetable
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup boiling water

Shift the dry ingredients together in a bowl
Mix gently with an egg whisk or spatula
Mix together the wet ingredients (except the boiling water)
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix in.
Gently add the boiling water. Mix with a spatula till you get a uniform mixture.
Pour in a baking tin/pan
Bake for 25 - 30 mins in a preheated oven (180degree)
Remove from the oven when am inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.
Allow to cool and frost as desired!

Note
The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water. This is correct and results in the most delicious and moist chocolate cake I've ever tasted!

10 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
Akposy:

Akposy u are right. But i wanted emphasis reason why I used the artificial light. I be Engineer not a plant grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NoToPile: 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Akposy:

Wow.I made that cake for my birthday before going to NYSC camp...how time flies. Can I get the recipe. I don't have it again.

To stop them from pouring, use a cup cake pan. You have to put the cupcake papers in the cup can pans or tins before baking

The cake looks moist and yum. I called it Chocolate Mud Cake

Modified.
This is the pics

Yeah I remember you posted one receipe back then I just did a Google search and got it. I have posted it in my response to viettasitches

Lool @ the bolded - armateur baker like me. I was wondering what I did wrong I wanted to pour to 3/4 level of the paper but it was pouring away the shape was not coming out fine it was looking shapeless. I just decided to pour little angry I never knew one still had to place in a cup cake pan.

Thanks jare.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by viettastitches(f): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
NoToPile:

cheesy grin

Akpos Birthday Moist Chocolate Cake recipe

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cup sugar
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 evaporated milk
½ cup vegetable
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup boiling water

Shift the dry ingredients together in a bowl
Mix gently with an egg whisk or spatula
Mix together the wet ingredients (except the boiling water)
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix in.
Gently add the boiling water. Mix with a spatula till you get a uniform mixture.
Pour in a baking tin/pan
Bake for 25 - 30 mins in a preheated oven (180degree)
Remove from the oven when am inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.
Allow to cool and frost as desired!

Note
The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water. This is correct and results in the most delicious and moist chocolate cake I've ever tasted!
thanks so much
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Akposy:

Dyt will negotiate the terms under which I will type any recipes here. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Under16:

I like the third, I don’t know what that angle/frame is called- but I prefer snapping my plate from that side. The first two looks like you quickly snapped someone’s food, considering you won’t eat from that angle.

Give me the turkey and hold the rest.

FireRain:

Cc cococandy

This is for Coco or Prestonn. We all have our area of specialization here. They’ll come through. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Babadee1900(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
Noodles + Irish potatoes + Eggs washed down with Viju Wheat drink.

20 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by brize(m): 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
sheDD:
So a little boy from "Block Rosary" told my mum more than once to give them cake so that prayers could be made for her.
His out-of-nowhere professing " grin lead me to just run a low-budget cake for them so prayers could be made for my mum and fam
Cc;Brize

Wait ooo.... brother man, na you run dz cake yourself?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ishilove, what is the best fish for banga soup? embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
pocohantas:
Ishilove, what is the best fish for banga soup? embarassed

Smoked mud fish, smoked cat fish or fresh fish (not Kote and Titus and co).

However, smoked fish is really the best. It will bring out the taste of the soup.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Babadee1900:
Noodles + Irish potatoes + Eggs washed down with Viju Wheat drink.
That's like eating noodles and yam

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Under16:

Sweet potato and stew? Which one is Ipomoea batatas bikonu?

Sounds like Ekponmia batatas grin tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ishilove:

Smoked mud fish, smoked cat fish or fresh fish (not Kote and Titus and co).

However, smoked fish is really the best. It will bring out the taste of the soup.

Premium fresh fish hah? Something like cat fish or tilapia. I plan to use smoked fish too. I am planning ahead. I don’t know all the native ingredients, but someone would source it for me.

Can I use both? The smoked and the fresh? embarassed
What of stock fish? Shrimps? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
pocohantas:

Premium fresh fish hah? Something like cat fish or tilapia. I plan to use smoked fish too. I am planning ahead. I don’t know all the native ingredients, but someone would source it for me.

Can I use both? The smoked and the fresh? embarassed
What of stock fish? Shrimps? grin
Stock fish, shrimps and even prawns will balanze the equation grin

Yes you can use both but make sure the cat fish is smoked/dry. You will ruin your soup if you use fresh cat fish.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ishilove:

Stock fish, shrimps and even prawns will balanze the equation grin

Yes you can use both but make sure the cat fish is dry. You will ruin your soup if you use fresh cat fish.

Wow!!! Thanks Ishi. This is why I decided to ask people wey get the food o. I will show you when I finally cook it. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
pocohantas:

Wow!!! Thanks Ishi. This is why I decided to ask people wey get the food o. I will show you when I finally cook it. cheesy cheesy
Can I have some? Pretty pleeeeeease?? cry kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:11am On Aug 19, 2020
FireRain:

Thank you. smiley
I had to go find this post because I don’t have the energy to type the recipe again.

Also I only tried this a few times. So... cheesy definitely not a pro. But YouTube is a savior. See if you combine it with YouTube guidance . Good luck

https://www.nairaland.com/1122902/cook-kitchen-take-pictures-post/2095#89674864

https://www.nairaland.com/1122902/cook-kitchen-take-pictures-post/2096#89675213

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by viettastitches(f): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2020
please can someone tell me why my electric hot plate heats up very slowly.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 19, 2020
NoToPile:
Chocolate cake

Followed one 2017 receipe by akposy, it was very moist kiss kiss

Made some cupcakes for the babies, any hint to stop them from pouring out of the paper plate while pouring the cake mixture ??

Yes. Next time place cup papers in a cup cake pan not on a flat pan or tray to prevent spilling..
You can use the individual ones or the one that comes in rows like this...

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:37am On Aug 19, 2020
Fruit cake and hot pure cocoa

20 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chocome: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2020
Something light this morning

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hisgrace090: 10:41am On Aug 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Breakfast : Pocohantas' favorite Dangote Spaghettini + hot spicy stew and egg.

NB: I added butter to the spaghetti because Dangote spaghetti can be so sticky

Margerine or butter?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eddyline(m): 11:05am On Aug 19, 2020
viettastitches:
please can someone tell me why my electric hot plate heats up very slowly.
low voltage or poor quality hot plate

(1) (2) (3) ... (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.