Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5742047 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Juvante(m): 12:46pm On May 13, 2015
Cherlene:

How are you this morning?

I am celebrating on Monday with a few of my bible study group friends.
They will take me out to a RESTUARANT and EXPEND my meal.

Ahh, lovely. Thank you once again dear.

Cherlene
That's nice. At least, it's a memorable way to spend a memorable day! Have a nice day.
How is your day going?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cherlene(f): 2:49pm On May 13, 2015
Juvante:

That's nice. At least, it's a memorable way to spend a memorable day! Have a nice day.
How is your day going?

About to pick my daughters at KINDERGARTEN, go to the GROCERY store. Quick POP in at Nelly and back home to COOK and RELAX.

Cherlene
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:59pm On May 13, 2015
@yemiolads, thanks. The plantain moin moin was awesome. I mixed it with beans though not unripe plantain flour.

*Coconut milk rice
*Shrimp-peanut sauce
*And the plantain moin moin for the Oga. wink

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Juvante(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2015
Cherlene:

About to pick my daughters at KINDERGARTEN, go to the GROCERY store. Quick POP in at Nelly and back home to COOK and RELAX.

Cherlene
Okay. I just got home. What is on the menu tonight?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 13, 2015
Lazy night, steamed plantain and meatballs.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yemiolads(f): 8:04pm On May 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 13, 2015
Chai it haf tae o.

Cococandy I'm relocating to your street, you want to kill me with longer throat abi shocked I don't need to be cooking because you have been feeding me all this while wink

My small lunch o jawe. sad I'm back from my small break.

Veave you scarce o.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:22pm On May 13, 2015
Herzumpther:
Chai it haf tae o.

Cococandy I'm relocating to your street, you want to kill me with longer throat abi shocked I don't need to be cooking because you have been feeding me all this while wink

Veave you scarce o.
that looks really sumptuous.
See temptation. angry

How are you darling?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 13, 2015
cococandy:
that looks really sumptuous.
See temptation. angry

How are you darling?
I'm doing great. You make me go hungry all the time. cry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cherlene(f): 10:10pm On May 13, 2015
Juvante:

Okay. I just got home. What is on the menu tonight?

Today I prepared:

Tomato stew and rice.
Sponge cake - ready to be SANDWICHED with whipped cream, sliced bananas and strawberries NAM NAM.

Cherlene

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 10:18pm On May 13, 2015
Someone is on fire.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:23pm On May 13, 2015
Cherlene:

Today I prepared:

Tomato stew and rice.
Sponge cake - ready to be SANDWICHED with whipped cream, sliced bananas and strawberries NAM NAM.

Cherlene
is that you in the pix?

You're pretty.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cherlene(f): 11:27pm On May 13, 2015
cococandy:
is that you in the pix?

You're pretty.

Yes it is me on my PROFILE DISPLAY and VIDEO.

Thank you, aaw.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:38pm On May 13, 2015
Cherlene:

Yes it is me on my PROFILE DISPLAY and VIDEO.

Thank you, aaw.

Cherlene
oh I see. And happy birthday too.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cherlene(f): 11:50pm On May 13, 2015
cococandy:
oh I see. And happy birthday too.

Aaaw, thank you dear.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:52am On May 14, 2015
all looks good !

Cherlene:

Today I prepared:

Tomato stew and rice.

Cherlene
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by robosky02(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2015
How To Make River State Native Soup

Below are the ingredients for making the popular native soup in River state Nigeria,
the ingredients would serve about 6×2 people, you can increase or decrease the quantity of each ingredient depending on the number people would be eating your food.

You can make this soup as simple as possible, if you can’t find the ngolo and prowns where you live, you can leave them out. I can’t find the english name for Ngolo, is it clams?

1KG of meat
10 pieces of stock fish ear (nti okporoko)
2 cups of sliced uziza leaves
2 medium size dry fish
Cocoa yam as thickener (see image)
15-20cl of palm oil
2-3 cubes of maggi or knorr
1-2 cups of periwinkles
1-2 cups of ngolo
1 cup of ground crayfish
Salt and pepper to taste.
two handful of fresh prowns
2 spoons of ofor (alternative thickener)

How to Prepare Nigerian Native soup
You might wanna start by parboiling the shrimps, wash and parboil with a small pot, add half cup of water, a cube of maggi and a pinch of salt, allow to boil for up to 5 minutes, remove the head and set aside in a clean plate.

STEP 1
I like to start by parboiling the meat with all the necessary ingredients, most cooks forget that parboiling the meat and obtaining the stock (water left after parboiling) is an important part of Nigerian cooking process.

I like to parboil the meat with just 2 cubes of maggi, 1 bulb of onions, salt and maybe a sachet of onga classic (a very popular Nigerian spice for soup). My choice of meat is hard to cook, takes about 50-60 minutes before you commence with the rest of the cooking.

Step 2
Use this time to prepare the other ingredients; wash and slice the uziza leaves.

Soak the stock fish and dry fish with boiled water and wash thoroughly to remove sand and center bone. Grind the crayfish and fresh pepper also, you can grind together or grind separately.

Step 3
Add the washed dry fish/stock fish in the boiling meat on fire, after about 30-50 minutes of cooking just the meat. Once they are soft and the water is almost dried (about 1 cup left) add about 5-7 cups of water, palm oil and the ground crayfish. This step was visually demonstrated in the video below, so if you like watching better than reading you can scroll down to see the video.

Allow the soup to cook for another ten minutes before adding salt to taste, a cube of maggi. Maggi is a natural food sweetener, used in making almost all the {foods eaten in Nigeria} you can refer to our ingredients catalogue for an in-depth understanding of all the ingredients used in making Nigerian foods.

Step 4
Add the washed/cleaned ngolo, stir, add the cocoayam, allow to dissolve in 8-10 minutes, if it is still very watery you can add a spoon of ofor, cook for three minutes before adding the periwinkles, prown and sliced uziza leaves which is likely the last ingredient while making River state native soup.

Allow to simmer for another five minutes and you just made Nigerian’s most popular native soup.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cherlene(f): 3:16pm On May 14, 2015
aflyingbird:
all looks good !

Thanks dear, pleased to hear.

Cherlene
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:57pm On May 14, 2015
I remember this soup.
Naija got cuisine sha.
Nice one.
robosky02:

How To Make River State Native Soup

Below are the ingredients for making the popular native soup in River state Nigeria,
the ingredients would serve about 6×2 people, you can increase or decrease the quantity of each ingredient depending on the number people would be eating your food.

You can make this soup as simple as possible, if you can’t find the ngolo and prowns where you live, you can leave them out. I can’t find the english name for Ngolo, is it clams?

1KG of meat
10 pieces of stock fish ear (nti okporoko)
2 cups of sliced uziza leaves
2 medium size dry fish
Cocoa yam as thickener (see image)
15-20cl of palm oil
2-3 cubes of maggi or knorr
1-2 cups of periwinkles
1-2 cups of ngolo
1 cup of ground crayfish
Salt and pepper to taste.
two handful of fresh prowns
2 spoons of ofor (alternative thickener)

How to Prepare Nigerian Native soup
You might wanna start by parboiling the shrimps, wash and parboil with a small pot, add half cup of water, a cube of maggi and a pinch of salt, allow to boil for up to 5 minutes, remove the head and set aside in a clean plate.

STEP 1
I like to start by parboiling the meat with all the necessary ingredients, most cooks forget that parboiling the meat and obtaining the stock (water left after parboiling) is an important part of Nigerian cooking process.

I like to parboil the meat with just 2 cubes of maggi, 1 bulb of onions, salt and maybe a sachet of onga classic (a very popular Nigerian spice for soup). My choice of meat is hard to cook, takes about 50-60 minutes before you commence with the rest of the cooking.

Step 2
Use this time to prepare the other ingredients; wash and slice the uziza leaves.

Soak the stock fish and dry fish with boiled water and wash thoroughly to remove sand and center bone. Grind the crayfish and fresh pepper also, you can grind together or grind separately.

Step 3
Add the washed dry fish/stock fish in the boiling meat on fire, after about 30-50 minutes of cooking just the meat. Once they are soft and the water is almost dried (about 1 cup left) add about 5-7 cups of water, palm oil and the ground crayfish. This step was visually demonstrated in the video below, so if you like watching better than reading you can scroll down to see the video.

Allow the soup to cook for another ten minutes before adding salt to taste, a cube of maggi. Maggi is a natural food sweetener, used in making almost all the {foods eaten in Nigeria} you can refer to our ingredients catalogue for an in-depth understanding of all the ingredients used in making Nigerian foods.

Step 4
Add the washed/cleaned ngolo, stir, add the cocoayam, allow to dissolve in 8-10 minutes, if it is still very watery you can add a spoon of ofor, cook for three minutes before adding the periwinkles, prown and sliced uziza leaves which is likely the last ingredient while making River state native soup.

Allow to simmer for another five minutes and you just made Nigerian’s most popular native soup.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 14, 2015
cococandy:
I remember this soup.
Naija got cuisine sha.
Nice one.

That's the best soup in this world. kalabari native soup could wake me up from the dead sef cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:02pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

That's the best soup in this world. kalabari native soup could wake me up from the dead sef cheesy
you will forget your calorie counting and dive in abi? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 14, 2015
cococandy:
you will forget your calorie counting and dive in abi? grin

My dear, something must kill a man. grin
Infact I'm gonna do it this weekend. I got everything already. But will eat it with my cauliflower and patato puree.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 1:39pm On May 15, 2015
Herzumpther:
Chai it haf tae o.

Veave you scarce o.
Pls how did u prepare this chicken
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yemiolads(f): 5:28pm On May 15, 2015
Chin chin in my kitchen today, according to the recipe here. Nice and crunchy!http://www.opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/for-love-of-food-photos-how-to-make.html

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 15, 2015
Lunch from work
Rice with chicken teriyaki

grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 7:01pm On May 15, 2015
Herzumpther:
Chai it haf tae o.

Madam the madam!!!! Na u biko wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 9:37pm On May 15, 2015
babyosisi:
Lunch from work
Rice with chicken teriyaki

grin

Me likey cheesy, confession time, this is more of my fair, 50%protein,20% carbs and 30%veggies. And I see no sinful drink here too..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 15, 2015
smartmom:

Me likey cheesy, confession time, this is more of my fair, 50%protein,20% carbs and 30%veggies. And I see no sinful drink here too..

I kept the drink away from the foto grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 9:51pm On May 15, 2015
babyosisi:

I kept the drink away from the foto grin grin

Haba undecided why na? and I was just waiting to recommend you for promotion to Efe, Chilli, edwife n co o grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:30am On May 16, 2015
Brekkie!

Crossiants, waffles, sausages, beef burgers, fish-fingers, cucumbers, lettuce, strawberries, orange slices and scrambled eggs.

Drinks: Hot chocolate.

Good Morning house! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 6:38pm On May 16, 2015
Okro soup with fresh fish and shrimps.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 6:40pm On May 16, 2015
Efe great breakfast.Now that's a nice weekend breakie.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: doggedfighter(f), sholay2011(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.