Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5741311 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 7:53pm On May 16, 2015
edwife:
Efe great breakfast.Now that's a nice weekend breakie.

Thanks Eds kiss kiss kiss

Lunch!

Jollof rice served with sweetcorn, green peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, breaded crabs, roast chicken, fried plantain, and orange juice to go. Cream crackers on the side / appetizer. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by moski5(m): 7:57pm On May 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lunch!

Jollof rice served with sweetcorn, green peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, breaded crabs, roast chicken, fried plantain, and orange juice to go. Cream crackers on the side / appetizer. smiley

r yu female n single, )
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jplay(m): 2:25pm On May 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lunch!

No offence but your food is always so dry and blah. You don't cook stew for your husband and kids?

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 17, 2015
robosky02:

How To Make River State Native Soup

Below are the ingredients for making the popular native soup in River state Nigeria,
the ingredients would serve about 6×2 people, you can increase or decrease the quantity of each ingredient depending on the number people would be eating your food.

You can make this soup as simple as possible, if you can’t find the ngolo and prowns where you live, you can leave them out. I can’t find the english name for Ngolo, is it clams?

1KG of meat
10 pieces of stock fish ear (nti okporoko)
2 cups of sliced uziza leaves
2 medium size dry fish
Cocoa yam as thickener (see image)
15-20cl of palm oil
2-3 cubes of maggi or knorr
1-2 cups of periwinkles
1-2 cups of ngolo
1 cup of ground crayfish
Salt and pepper to taste.
two handful of fresh prowns
2 spoons of ofor (alternative thickener)

How to Prepare Nigerian Native soup
You might wanna start by parboiling the shrimps, wash and parboil with a small pot, add half cup of water, a cube of maggi and a pinch of salt, allow to boil for up to 5 minutes, remove the head and set aside in a clean plate.

STEP 1
I like to start by parboiling the meat with all the necessary ingredients, most cooks forget that parboiling the meat and obtaining the stock (water left after parboiling) is an important part of Nigerian cooking process.

I like to parboil the meat with just 2 cubes of maggi, 1 bulb of onions, salt and maybe a sachet of onga classic (a very popular Nigerian spice for soup). My choice of meat is hard to cook, takes about 50-60 minutes before you commence with the rest of the cooking.

Step 2
Use this time to prepare the other ingredients; wash and slice the uziza leaves.

Soak the stock fish and dry fish with boiled water and wash thoroughly to remove sand and center bone. Grind the crayfish and fresh pepper also, you can grind together or grind separately.

Step 3
Add the washed dry fish/stock fish in the boiling meat on fire, after about 30-50 minutes of cooking just the meat. Once they are soft and the water is almost dried (about 1 cup left) add about 5-7 cups of water, palm oil and the ground crayfish. This step was visually demonstrated in the video below, so if you like watching better than reading you can scroll down to see the video.

Allow the soup to cook for another ten minutes before adding salt to taste, a cube of maggi. Maggi is a natural food sweetener, used in making almost all the {foods eaten in Nigeria} you can refer to our ingredients catalogue for an in-depth understanding of all the ingredients used in making Nigerian foods.

Step 4
Add the washed/cleaned ngolo, stir, add the cocoayam, allow to dissolve in 8-10 minutes, if it is still very watery you can add a spoon of ofor, cook for three minutes before adding the periwinkles, prown and sliced uziza leaves which is likely the last ingredient while making River state native soup.

Allow to simmer for another five minutes and you just made Nigerian’s most popular native soup.

I have to try this, I love native soups.

@ EfemenaXY, una be real ajebutter for una house. If I serve food like this in my house, my hubby and children will wonder if I have suffered the invasion of a body snatcher grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 4:15pm On May 17, 2015
jplay:
No offence but your food is always so dry and blah. You don't cook stew for your husband and kids?

smh

what's your own business. post your pictures and stop being a pointless critic.

the men who tend to criticise are the ones that can't lift a single pin in the kitchen, yet they will be the ones to criticise like there's no tomorrow.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bebe2(f): 5:27pm On May 17, 2015
jplay:

not everyone likes stew with all their food, i think its mainly yoruba's, they like stew with everything.

my husband too has started this, beans, moi moi, ogbono soup etc, i must add stew.

if her family enjoys it, dats all that matters. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:54pm On May 17, 2015
jplay:
Mind your business
Mind your business
Mind your business or post your own...
Mind your business
Mind your business
Charity begins at home

grin

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 8:59pm On May 17, 2015
jplay:

Which did you cook for your wife and kids oga? post it here. Her family and many of us love the healthy yummy food she painstakingly prepares

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:45pm On May 17, 2015
Fried rice
Fried chicken
Plantain/beans Moi moi
Coleslaw

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 10:32pm On May 17, 2015
Cococandy, this your food takes the cake in yummicious sunday food o! FRIED rice and chicken with crispy skin. Looks well seasoned too cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:37pm On May 17, 2015
Thanks ladies.

Still digging the African stir fry with Bolé. Pics already posted on the sister thread but I'll share them here all the same.

Preparation!

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On May 17, 2015
smartmom:
Cococandy, this your food takes the cake in yummicious sunday food o! FRIED rice and chicken with crispy skin. Looks well seasoned too cheesy grin
thanks smiley

If you asked me what my two biggest wishes are, first would be millions of dollars, second would be to eat all I ever wanted without getting fat grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:40pm On May 17, 2015
And violà!

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 10:45pm On May 17, 2015
cococandy:
thanks smiley

If you asked me what my two biggest wishes are, first would be millions of dollars, second would be to eat all I ever wanted without getting fat grin

How about eating all without losing teeth or visiting any drugstore for any health issues? grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:46pm On May 17, 2015
smartmom:

How about eating all without losing teeth or visiting any drugstore for any health issues? grin grin
that too grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 11:00pm On May 17, 2015
cococandy:
thanks smiley

smartmom:

Lol! If only....

You ladies are funny sha. Coco: lovely meal you've got up there. Me likely! smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:04pm On May 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! If only....

You ladies are funny sha. Coco: lovely meal you've got up there. Me likely! smiley cheesy
thank you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ifefunmi: 3:29am On May 18, 2015
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ifefunmi: 3:47am On May 18, 2015
ifefunmi:
Nice thread
#foodie

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jplay(m): 5:47am On May 18, 2015
cococandy:

Mind your business
Mind your business
Mind your business or post your own...
Mind your business
Mind your business
Charity begins at home

grin

OK Aunty grin

5 people like my posts because I said the truth. I bet the same people who liked my posts are the ones saying I should mind my business, starting with Coco... lipsrsealed. At least you cook stew for your own husband and your food isn't always so dry. grin

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:55am On May 18, 2015
jplay:

OK Aunty grin

5 people like my posts because I said the truth. I bet the same people who liked my posts are the ones saying I should mind my business, starting with Coco... lipsrsealed. At least you cook stew for your own husband and your food isn't always so dry. grin
i definitely did not like your post.

I don't like amebo people.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 8:42am On May 18, 2015
jplay:

I actually enjoy seeing her identical plated meals. I really do. Have you ever posted a picture of yours or you are just here to watch others and post nasty comments?

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 8:45am On May 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:
And violà!

i'll eat that in a heart beat but minus the mushrooms.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:53am On May 18, 2015
Given my profligate Saturday, it's going to be all about juices for breakfast for the rest of this week.

I had a juice called hulk blood this morning. I juiced 2 apples, 15 grapes, 2 cups of spinach, 3 celery stalks, 1 peeled lemon and blended together with one very ripe avocado.

I get my juice recipes here : https://juicerecipes.com/

I have even done the 30 day challenge.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:24pm On May 18, 2015
jplay:
There're 5 two-faced people in here. They know themselves. She will start posting less dry plates now. Bunch of scattered food on a plate, lmfao.

Enjoy your Monday, folks. wink
@bold maybe.
Or they just liked your post but weren't among those that told you to mind your business. In that case, they wouldn't be two-faced.

But I get you jare.
This isn't the first time. (Actually,third if I'm right)
Someone will enter the kitchen to look for trouble and their post will get 10likes grin

Who are those liking the posts?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jplay(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2015
cococandy:

@bold maybe.
Or they just liked your post but weren't among those that told you to mind your business. In that case, they wouldn't be two-faced.

But I get you jare.
This isn't the first time. (Actually,third of I'm right)
Someone will enter the kitchen to look for trouble and their post will get 10likes grin

Who are those liking the posts?
No idea. Was surprised to see the likes this morning myself. I said what other people have been thinking but never said. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 7:13pm On May 18, 2015
naijababe:
Given my profligate Saturday, it's going to be all about juices for breakfast for the rest of this week.

I had a juice called hulk blood this morning. I juiced 2 apples, 15 grapes, 2 cups of spinach, 3 celery stalks, 1 peeled lemon and blended together with one very ripe avocado.

I get my juice recipes here : https://juicerecipes.com/

I have even done the 30 day challenge.

Wadaheck this earlymomo ... I sick? cheesy

Babes eat oh, I no dey.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 7:20pm On May 18, 2015
Angel food cake (lot of lemon zest)

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 18, 2015
Ewuro4:

Wadaheck this earlymomo ... I sick? cheesy

Babes eat oh, I no dey.

I am eating, dinner is served grin

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 7:26pm On May 18, 2015
naijababe:

I am eating, dinner is served grin

Oh yes! grin

Nowyortokin grin

See ori eja jeez
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 18, 2015
@ Ewuro4, that green goo up there is yummier than you think grin Anyway have some yam and palm oil with tilapia peppersoup

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: taozhand, ArewaHero(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.