Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' (9602 Views)

The Asaba Central Hospital And State Library Complex Projects By Okowa / APC Vows To Win All 36 National And State Assemblies Seats In Rivers Re-run / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by bamto(m): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2012
The way politicians change names of monuments amazes me. What is the rationale behind Aregbesola's state name change from 'Osun State' to 'State of Osun?' For finesse or what?

That was how Gbenga Daniel changed OGTV and OGBC to Gateway TV and Gateway Radio respectively, only for Amosun to revert it. Goodluck's recent gift of MAU to Akokites is still fresh in mind.

Pray, who advises them to embark on this charade of name change?
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Afam4eva(m): 8:20am On Dec 05, 2012
I think these governors need to be stopped from changing the names of public entities the way they deem fit.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by 50calibre(m): 8:21am On Dec 05, 2012
Nothing! They are the same
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by niyivasaz(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2012
SMH @OP.....
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by felifeli: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2012
No difference. Both can still not pay workers salaries.
grin

5 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by alkadriyar(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2012
The Political community of Osun is "Osun State" and the condition or circumstance of Osun is the "state of Osun".
Or maybe he wants it like the United "state of America"
but its rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by yertyr(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Well.... Wat do u expect in a country where names are used to depict function.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by a1solution: 8:33am On Dec 05, 2012
alkadriyar: The Political community of Osun is "Osun State" and the condition or circumstance of Osun is the "state of Osun".
Or maybe he wants it like the United "state of America"
but its rubbish.
you got it.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Maxymilliano(m): 8:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Nigerian politicians are not different irrespective of party affiliations, they all love to play to the gallery just to score cheap political points.

Ordinarily, name change as it were is synonymous with brand identity and a supposed paradigm shift from the status quo, but that cannot be said of the charade currently going on where apart from the change in nomenclature, every other conditions still remains the same.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by phaya(f): 8:39am On Dec 05, 2012
Changing names is misplacement of priority. It won't make workers receive their salary nor increase it nor reduce the cost of things in the market.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Robertomatteo: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Ikengawo: 8:46am On Dec 05, 2012
it means a lot if you have a strong grasp of english

State of Osun says that Osun is an entity beyond the state it's self and State of Osun is the state body representing that entity
Osun State say that Osun is the type of state you're dealing with

State of Osun is therefore recognizing Osun's precolonial or possibly cultural legacy and saying this particular state is only representing that.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Temi231(f): 8:52am On Dec 05, 2012
The man is a dumb..... I dey vex for the name anytime I hear am. Rubbish "state of osun" and still the state is still crawling.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Temismith(f): 8:58am On Dec 05, 2012
I tired for aregbeshola o. D man no see beta tins to do for d state na to dey change name to nonsense
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dgreat001(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2012
SIMPLE.......From a linguistic perspective The government(osun state in particular) is suffering from GRAMMATICAL HYPERCORRECTION, cos both 'osun state n 'state of osun' belong 2 d same group(noun phrase).....buh it seems #ova-sabi dey worry dem#
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Lanspower(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: it means a lot if you have a strong grasp of english

State of Osun says that Osun is an entity beyond the state it's self and State of Osun is the state body representing that entity

State of Osun is therefore recognizing Osun's precolonial or possibly cultural legacy and saying this particular state is only representing that.
You must see your doctor immediately or ASAP coz you are making no sense and this could be an early sign of mental disorder...No ill-feeling though

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Revolva(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2012
Senseless politicians have ran out of ideas - how will state of osun change price of food stuff in oshogbo market
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by yerafag(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2012
I wonderred, why is it has to be Osun-State alone out of 36 states of Federation. I dnt see or hear state of Kano, state of Ondo, state of Enugu etc. I think its one f d Ogbeni's ways of deceit governance.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by femi4: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2012

See as you dey type rubbish with confidence!

3 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by femi4: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2012
bamto: The way politicians change names of monuments amazes me. What is the rationale behind Aregbesola's state name change from 'Osun State' to 'State of Osun?' For finesse or what?

That was how Gbenga Daniel changed OSBC to Gateway TV and Gateway Radio, only for Amosun to revert it.
Gbenga Daniel actually changed OGBC and OGTV to Gatway radio and GTV respectively
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by donfemzy: 9:57am On Dec 05, 2012
Lanspower:
You must see your doctor immediately or ASAP coz you are making no sense and this could be an early sign of mental disorder...No ill-feeling though
you personally need to see ur own doctor and not him, he's very right

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Ikengawo: 9:59am On Dec 05, 2012
Perhaps you're too stupid to understand?

State of Osun is different from Osun State and acknowledges the 'greatness' of whatever Osun is (idk yoruba culture and ethnography like that)
State of Osun = State representation the entity that is Osun.
Osun State = A state named Osun

It's says that there's more to Osun than the state (government), where as Osun State says that Osun is one of many types of states as Osun is the descriptive word in that phrase. In State of Osun 'state' is the descriptive word.

In america all the states are 'State of'. State of Kansas for instance no Kansas State. Kansas State is the name of the university there because Kansas in that one describes which university it is, but State of Kansas is the official name meaning 'state representing the entity that is Kansas'.
It makes sense if english is your first language as it is mine, and im not saying that to sound 'better' than anyone, i can just see how it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dridowu: 10:09am On Dec 05, 2012
Rhetorical Question
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by femi4: 10:10am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: Perhaps you're too stupid to understand?

State of Osun is different from Osun State and acknowledges the 'greatness' of whatever Osun is (idk yoruba culture and ethnography like that)

It's says that there's more to Osun than the state (government), where as Osun State says that Osun is one of many types of states as Osun is the descriptive word in that phrase. In State of Osun 'state' is the descriptive word.

In america all the states are 'State of'. State of Kansas for instance no Kansas State. Kansas State is the name of the university there because Kansas in that one describes which university it is, but State of Kansas is the official name meaning 'state representing the entity that is Kansas'.
It makes sense if english is your first language as it is mine, and im not saying that to sound 'better' than anyone, i can just see how it wouldn't make sense otherwise.
but you fail to understand that "State of Osun" does not describe Osun as a state in Nigeria. I can say "state of Ikeja" but cannot say "Ikeja State....think!!!
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by salmonkay: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2012
Perhaps you're too silly to understand?

ikengawo you are too much ,pls organise tutorial class for them

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by hasibunallahu: 10:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Osun state belongs to PDP oyinlola while the state of osun is for ACN Aregbesola.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dewize01(m): 10:40am On Dec 05, 2012

you really av a strong grasp of the English language-kudos to our failed education system

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by dewize01(m): 10:47am On Dec 05, 2012
salmonkay: Perhaps you're too silly to understand?

ikengawo you are too much ,pls organise tutorial class for them
u av really educated me,but ur openin question simply means no one can be silly all the time.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 05, 2012
bamto: The way politicians change names of monuments amazes me. What is the rationale behind Aregbesola's state name change from 'Osun State' to 'State of Osun?' For finesse or what?

That was how Gbenga Daniel changed OSBC to Gateway TV and Gateway Radio, only for Amosun to revert it. Goodluck's recent gift of MAU to Akokites is still fresh in mind.

Pray, who advises them to embark on this charade of name change?

It Simply cuz Nigeria do not have standard rules or the rules exist but were ignored.....

Changing the Names of Institutions in a state shd pass through review of Acts/decree that established such Institution @ d state Assembly/national assembly...... Unless in an emergency circumstance which warrant the ''CEO'' to do so!!!

The assembly bureacracy shall discourage any CEO from changinging names anyhow!!
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 05, 2012
Ways to dwindle dough grin
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' by Tolexander: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: Perhaps you're too stupid to understand?

Osun State = A state named Osun

i disagree to agree! What about arkansas state, maryland state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Manage Jonathan Till 2015; Joe Igbokwe / Eko Bridge Repairs Starts August 23, Bridge Won't Be Closed / Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.