Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,643 members, 7,955,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} (38330 Views)

PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest / How Hindu Gods Became Overlapped With Vodun Gods In West Africa / Bini Or Esan Traditional Religon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Boboedom: JESUS IS LORD. I COVER MY EYES AND BODY WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS, THE ONLY BLOOD THAT SAVES. LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR CHILDREN.

Blood right? Human sacrifices again.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Bond008: repent JESUS is coming soon. dont be decieved. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD. JOHN 14vs6.. REPENTT OOOO!!!!

Shut up!

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by tEsLim(m): 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
Now how stupid is it for someone to cover his eyes with blood? Does he wants to go blind. I guess the blood of Jesus must be some 1billion gallons.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
Red-Light:

so who do u want me to believe now.... u or the girl that said god cursed haiti with earthquake ..and why cant u question what u worship? so if christian god in his infinite mercy decide to kill ur mother, father and all the people u love most to show u he his tha boss.. u wont ask why? u will just decide to continue to worship him.. (hmmmmm nice slavery in pretence)

well for me i will rather die a rebel against such god that kill and throw their soul in hellfire to proof a point and embrace the one that offer me peace and whatever i want
God said,'i will not die but live to declare HIS goodness in the land of the living'' HE said that HE will satisfy me with long life ! He said i will not die a premature death ! If after saying all these to me and i believe HIM and do HIS will,what makes you think HE will kill me or any saved members of my families and friends? If God has not killed you who do not believe but instead HE sent forth HIS son to come die in your stead,how much more will HE kill me ?
My God once asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac to HIM ! I know by now you will be asking;so ur God once did such a thing ? Yes,HE even asked HIS only son to be killed just for YOUR SAKE and my sake. But you know what? Abraham did not say NO, i won't do such a thing. When HE also allowed Christ to be KILLED for ur sake and my sake,Christ never objected rather HE went straight up to Calvary ! When it comes to d things of God,we never say NO so long as that is what the CREATOR of the heavens and the earth want from us.
I can ONLY DO SAME FOR YOUR gods IF THEY ARE THE CREATORS OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
IF THEY ARE THE MAKERS OF MY SOUL.
IF THEY ARE THE BEINGS THAT CREATED THE NIGHT AND DAY.
IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SENT FORTH THEIR SON TO COME AND DIE FOR MY SAKE
IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT DIED AND RESURRECTED IN THREE DAYS TIME
IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SEPARATED LIGHT FROM DARKNESS
HOW CAN I LEAVE THE CREATOR AND START TO WORSHIP THE CREATED i.e stones,woods,thunder,river,sun,lightning,moon,stars,man and some other things considered as gods!
Jesus is lord above all !HE can still accept you.He does not hate you my brother but HE only frowns at your acts !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
ifeness:

Blood right? Human sacrifices again.

Yes blood !
The blood of Jesus is the only blood that speaketh better things ! The blood of Abel was crying for vengeance but that of Jesus was and is still crying FORGIVENESS ! The blood can wash you off your sins ! The blood can do the miraculous in ur life.
The blood saves !
The blood heals.
The only blood set's free !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
ifeness:

Shut up!
But he is saying the truth ! Don't shut him up ! Jesus is coming back again ! Every one knows this !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by aribisala0(m): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Yes blood !
The blood of Jesus is the only blood that speaketh better things ! The blood of Abel was crying for vengeance but that of Jesus was and is still crying FORGIVENESS ! The blood can wash you off your sins ! The blood can do the miraculous in ur life.
The blood saves !
The blood heals.
The only blood set's free !
God bless us

You are an 1diot just like i believe both your parents are.Can you leave people to believe what they like and stop trying to force feed people your bullshit
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
tEsLim: Now how stupid is it for someone to cover his eyes with blood? Does he wants to go blind. I guess the blood of Jesus must be some 1billion gallons.
The blood of Jesus is un-quantifiable !
The blood is worth more than 1 billion galons !
The quantity does not matter but the quality isn't here at all !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
aribisala0:

You are an 1diot just like i believe both your parents are.Can you leave people to believe what they like and stop trying to force feed people your bullshit
I am sory my brother, i am not an idiot ! I am not who you say i am ! I am what God say i am ! I am a peculiar person ! A holy person,i am of a chosen generation !
I am not forcing anyone to follow the Almighty God. But that same Almighty God said i should go into the world and preach the good news !
The good news is Jesus is Lord !
He came as was sent by the Almighty God.
He died for YOU and I
He was buried and raised from death in three days ! Exactly three days as promised.
He ascended into heaven.
I do not want any of my brothers here to perish that is why i preach this good news to them including you.
But if you refuse to hear,i will try the next door.
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by aribisala0(m): 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I am sory my brother, i am not an idiot ! I am not who you say i am ! I am what God say i am ! I am a peculiar person ! A holy person,i am of a chosen generation !
I am not forcing anyone to follow the Almighty God. But that same Almighty God said i should go into the world and preach the good news !
The good news is Jesus is Lord !
He came as was sent by the Almighty God.
He died for YOU and I
He was buried and raised from death in three days ! Exactly three days as promised.
He ascended into heaven.
I do not want any of my brothers here to perish that is why i preach this good news to them including you.
But if you refuse to hear,i will try the next door.
God bless us
You have said that several times the nature of religious conflict leading to violence is refusal to accept that people do not agree with you. If you want to preach your good news create a thread or start a church.
It is clear you are trying to derail this thread and I advise you to stop

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
lol keep demonizing god more
m.k.o2005:

God said,'i will not die but live to declare HIS goodness in the land of the living'' HE said that HE will satisfy me with long life ! He said i will not die a premature death ! If after saying all these to me and i believe HIM and do HIS will,what makes you think HE will kill me or any saved members of my families and friends?
god really said all that or u read it in the human invented bible? lol was it thru phone call or what? so u are saying u never loose a love one in ur life and those that lost their loved ones truly deserved to be killed by ur god huh?

If God has not killed you who do not believe but instead HE sent forth HIS son to come die in your stead,how much more will HE kill me ?
but he killed haitians in eathqauke, the japanesse with tsunami.. despite sending his beloveth son..

My God once asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac to HIM ! I know by now you will be asking;so ur God once did such a thing ? Yes,HE even asked HIS only son to be killed just for YOUR SAKE and my sake. But you know what? Abraham did not say NO, i won't do such a thing. When HE also allowed Christ to be KILLED for ur sake and my sake,Christ never objected rather HE went straight up to Calvary ! When it comes to d things of God,we never say NO so long as that is what the CREATOR of the heavens and the earth want from us.
it shows abraham is a zombie like u, no offense! am pretty sure if abraham had said no... ur merciful god woulda eventually kill isaac, kill sarah, kill every members of abraham family becos he simply defile him.. what a merciful god he is

I can ONLY DO SAME FOR YOUR gods IF THEY ARE THE CREATORS OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
u mean the same God that created light before sun grin grin... i thought light comes from the sun abi na candle light bible dey talk?

IF THEY ARE THE MAKERS OF MY SOUL.
u mean bible soul? shocked shocked how did u know the person that created ur soul? yeah its in the bible grin grin
IF THEY ARE THE BEINGS THAT CREATED THE NIGHT AND DAY.
IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SENT FORTH THEIR SON TO COME AND DIE FOR MY SAKE
IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT DIED AND RESURRECTED IN THREE DAYS TIME
IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SEPARATED LIGHT FROM DARKNESS
HOW CAN I LEAVE THE CREATOR AND START TO WORSHIP THE CREATED
i.e stones,woods,thunder,river,sun,lightning,moon,stars,man and some other things considered as gods!
Jesus is lord above all !HE can still accept you.He does not hate you my brother but HE only frowns at your acts !
God bless us
so why are u so sure christian god created all these and not allah, budha, ogun or sango?
i guess cos whiteman's made bible told u so
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
aribisala0: You have said that several times the nature of religious conflict leading to violence is refusal to accept that people do not agree with you. If you want to preach your good news create a thread or start a church.
It is clear you are trying to derail this thread and I advise you to stop
I AM SO SORRY MY BROTHER.NO INTENTION TO DERAIL THIS THREAD.I NEVER KNEW IT'S FOR PAGANS AND IDOL WORSHIPERS ALIKE ONLY ! IT'S JUST THAT I WAS THINKING THAT THE OP JUST WANT TO HEAR OUR SIDE OR VIEWS CONCERNING THOSE PIX.
YOU KNOW THAT THE OTHER TIME THERE WAS A THREAD FOR SHILLO BY THE WINNERS MEMBERS,BUT WE SAW ALL SORTS OF HATE COMMENTS THERE BY DERAILING THE THREAD.
My brother pls i am sorry if i have offended all of you pagans and idol worshipers,pls forgive me. I here by unfollow this thread but hope that the holy spirit will do the needful in the lives of those that needs to be touched !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I AM SO SORRY MY BROTHER.NO INTENTION TO DERAIL THIS THREAD.I NEVER KNEW IT'S FOR PAGANS AND IDOL WORSHIPERS ALIKE ONLY ! IT'S JUST THAT I WAS THINKING THAT THE OP JUST WANT TO HEAR OUR SIDE OR VIEWS CONCERNING THOSE PIX.
YOU KNOW THAT THE OTHER TIME THERE WAS A THREAD FOR SHILLO BY THE WINNERS MEMBERS,BUT WE SAW ALL SORTS OF HATE COMMENTS THERE BY DERAILING THE THREAD.
My brother pls i am sorry if i have offended all of you pagans and idol worshipers,pls forgive me. I here by unfollow this thread but hope that the holy spirit will do the needful in the lives of those that needs to be touched !
God bless us
its beacuse of people like u that i got tired of being a christian angry angry
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
Lovely pictures - Yoruba religion... cool

That's higher consciousness and spirituality - God bless these people... grin

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
5much: AR u still surprised why development is far from d blacks.

i dont get you why then is it that Pagan nations like India, China, Japan, most Asian Nations),, etc are all on the road to development? how does practicing this religion affect education, roads, infrastructure, etc. > It is time we start looking towards the East, instead of the west that has only brought us ruin.

and who is black? i am not black. why are you racist? I am African. I am Hausa.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: [size=24pt]jesus is LORD AND WORSHIPPERS OF ANY SORT WILL NOT GET ETERNAL LIFE[/size]

[size=32pt]STOP MAN-WORSHIP PLEASE! ASE![/size]
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
vislabraye: I laugh. That's why Africa is backward. So many demons in the helm of affair.
Human sacrifices, shedding of innocent blood, throwing spells and curses to family members, turning a promising future of a young man hopeless are some of the xteristics of pagan worship.
If you ever noticed, the lives of these idol worshippers are never the same.
I know of a man who joined OO Obu for wealth. The wealth he did not see, rather he sold the destiny of his children. They live in abject poverty.

Human sacrifice? weting be this. THis is standard Pagan religion. not pvt. ritualists who can be muslims/xtians/Pagans and do for personal gain. there is a difference here ok?

This world is filled with Idol Worshippers. Indians and Japanese and Chinese are Idol WOrshippers. THere lives are much better comparitevly your xtian lives. We have CUlture, dignity and self-respect and we follow our heart, not someone else' mouth.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by oyarose(f): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
Total BONDAGE! For my people perish 4 lack of knowledge. Jesus is the only way, the truth and Life! Repent now! and be saved. JESUS is coming back again!
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
VonNestor: The only problem I have with Pagan is that it inhibit development

HOw so? Are you aware that we Pagans started the Sciences, Astronomy , Education, etc. while christianity was prohibiting science during the middle ages in europe, etc. You go to Mali today and meet Dogon people. they are also Pagans. for millons of yours they have been practicing astronomy and charting the progres of the stars and planets, long before europeans, withut even using telescopes. they can name all the major planets and stars. you need to use your brain.

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
Akin-David:
JESUS i wont stop worshiping you. Your death sets us free. A missionary call!

free from what is your life any better than mine

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
efe2000: [b][/b]I AM VERY PLEASED I CHOSE NOT TO FOLLOW YOUR DISGUSTING, ENVIROMENT POLUTING RELIGION. I AND MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD TILL THE DAY WE DIE AND I RECOMMEND MY NON SMELLING AND NON DEMANDING GOD TO YOU. ONLY JESUS IS THE WAY TO HIM.

We Pagans worship the Spiritual Forces throught the creation, nature ,etc. THerefore as Pagans it i sour prime duty to protect the environment above all. PAgans wherever it be, whther in Africa or SOuth AMerica or MAlaysia, or China or Native America, etc. .

so i dont get how it is environment polluting.

no one is stopping you from worshipping the Creator force. but you xtians are narrow in that you recognise only this 1 force and neglect others. this is why your religion lacks basic fundamental spirituality.

and i am not uying your israeli monopoly towards reaching God. bear that in mind.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
mallorca: Only God reigns forever smiley smiley
I will never worship man maid god

no one here is worshipping man-made God. we are worshipping the Gods through what its creations. the Idols are mere representations. they are religious devices, just as for muslims, the qiblah is a religious device and for xtians, holy water, bread, wine , cross, etc., are religious devices. It is meant to aid worship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
alj harem: Pagan

All the pictures you are showing are what we Ogus ((Ewe) although we are yorubas now) call kuvitor vondun (vodoo).

Yes they are pagans. Now Kuvitor is what Yorubas call Egun aka Maskurades.

You get more of this, come to Lagos and I can take you to some parts of Badagry and Cotouno. You would need a translator when talking to them.

E-mail me if you are interested to document it.

wow interesting! wait are you Ewe or Yoruba

great. ill consider this.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
reflexionz: Hey mr Vodun and clique....its not right to abuse and make such undignified comments about the Christian religion and the Bible, please desist from such. Now u have ur religion the best you can do is to say more and tell people that care to listen about vodun instead of attacking the christiandom.
And for people that claim we follow the "white man" didnt d white man also bring technology and education? Without d christians wud we be able to read and write even in our own language? So before people are quick to make comments pls lets be civil.
Im a born again christian i only find this thread more enlightening than otherwise. Its just about learning for me. Nice sha making us know about Vodun.

WAIT I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU! I NEVER INSULTED ORYINBO RELIGION FIRST! IT WAS YOU XTIANS WHO FIRST INSULTED MY RELIGION AND CALLED IT NAMES! WHY THEN SHOULD I KEEP QUIET angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
temi35: we all know this is an act of worshiping satan. if u tell me it is ok to worship satan, good for u. all man with hi own cross

NO WE DONT KNOW. WE ARE PAGANS. WE DONT BELIEVE IN PURE EVIL OR PURE GOOD. SATAN DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO US. angry

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The true word of God says;'Let no man says that God tempts him,for God tempt's no man''[/b] God may allow a thing happen and that does not mean that HE cursed it ! But let me ask o,EVEN IF HE CURSED IT ? He created everything thing and knows everything.
[b]HE is the UNQUESTIONABLE GOD !

God bless us

dont lie! those are not the words of God . they are the words of man. first of al , God cant speak latin/english. God is a Spiritual Force not a human. second, you have no proof.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Boboedom: JESUS IS LORD. I COVER MY EYES AND BODY WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS, THE ONLY BLOOD THAT SAVES. LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR CHILDREN.

CANNIBAL ALERT! POTENTIAL MURDERER! YOUR THOUGHTS ARE SO BLOODTHIRSTY!

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Didi Love: @OP

Can you please upload more pix. Not interested in all these my-religion-is-better-than-yours argument. Thank you.

yes ofcourse. anything for you my dear! wink

so where was I ah . . . . 18

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2012

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:44pm On Dec 11, 2012

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2012

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.