Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do (2881 Views)

How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by maclatunji: 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
tiarabubu:

Then why are you complaining? undecided

Stating things as they are isn't complaining. Just laying out the facts as they are.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tiarabubu: 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
^^^
mmmmmmmm........... Ok oh! Best wishes then.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2012
Christians always accuse Muslims of trying to Islamise the country

Here is a state explicitly calling itself a Christian State. What does this mean? Has any state with a Muslim majority officially called itself a Muslim state? Do Muslims have rights in the Christian State of Plateau? Has any Christian (body or individual?) spoken against this? Did those active "analysts" posted it on NL let alone getting it on the front page? CF stories about Islam that go to the front page even if those are not attributable to Islam

:

“We keep asking ourselves why Plateau State is in crises. Why they are against Plateau is because we call ourselves Plateau the Christian state. And Islam is a very strong religion in the northern part of the country. So for Plateau to come out to say it is a Christian state it is against the wishes of those who don’t want any other religion outside Islam in northern Nigeria."

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/norths-leaders-behind-plateau-crises-says-jang/
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 8:44am On Dec 14, 2012
The SE is predominantly Christian. But we DON'T see the problem as a christian problem. So nobody has linked this criminality with Christianity. In addition, Nigerians are NOT throwing this problem on the laps of SE people

Kidnappers make N750m monthly in Southeast, says CD

:

“An average of five persons are kidnapped per month in each state of the zone and they pay between N30 million and N20 million each.

“This amounts to about N150 million per month from wealthy individuals in a state, thus, totalling N750 million per month from the five states."

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/kidnappers-make-n750m-monthly-in-southeast-says-cd/

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by honeychild(f): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
maclatunji: ^Hehehehe. Simplistic my friend, look at what is happening in Egypt, it could have happened much earlier if not for the interference of non-Muslims from outside keeping Mubarak in power for decades.

We Muslims challenge ourselves all the time. What we will not do is become willing pawns in the hands of people in positions of power who chose to play high stake games with dire consequences.

If PDP politicians funded Boko Haram for political reasons, don't expect Muslim scholars to keep coming out to fight the terrorists especially when those who did so in the past were killed like chickens with no consequences to the killers.
One thing I don't understand is why Muslims like to act as if violence by Muslims started with Boko Haram.
Throughout the eighties and nineties Muslims have erupted out of Mosques on Friday and erupt in a frenzy of killing and maiming. And you wonder why we associate the violence with the religion.
If the kidnappers in Aba were seen coming out of church on Sunday and immediately proceeding to kidnap and kill while shouting "Jesus is Lord" or " Hallelujah" then you have s basis for comparison.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2012
honeychild:
One thing I don't understand is why Muslims like to act as if violence by Muslims started with Boko Haram.
Throughout the eighties and nineties Muslims have erupted out of Mosques on Friday and erupt in a frenzy of killing and maiming. And you wonder why we associate the violence with the religion.
If the kidnappers in Aba were seen coming out of church on Sunday and immediately proceeding to kidnap and kill while shouting "Jesus is Lord" or " Hallelujah" then you have s basis for comparison.

So what was special about the 80s
Why not 70s, 60s?
What happened? What changed?

BTW don't you think Christians should also act as if human lives are equally sacred?
When a muslim community or country does something considered violent or backward, we easily see it on FP of nairaland even if it is a rumour or an incident in a very remote corner of the earth, somehow Christians on NL will find it

Now when corsicans violently demanded for independenvce from France, I did not read about it here.
http://news.yahoo.com/french-island-corsica-hit-attacks-104920426.html

Were the people killed by this Christian community not human beings? Is it that their life did not matter to Christian on NL?

When Jews sprayed graffiti on a Church in Israel, I did not read about it on NL. Is it because the theory is that only the Muslims are supposed to be troublesome?

http://news.yahoo.com/vandals-spray-hate-graffiti-jerusalem-church-102422260.html?bcmt=1355312549466-95cca3ba-402e-403c-a144-9f5d79cc8d6c_00005I000000000000000000000000-2a6aad5c-9466-442b-8723-f75d2fcebc4e&bcmt_s=e

When Christians (Supporters of Roma FC in Italy) attacked Jewish supporters of Tottenham FC (a British club normally supported by Jews) when Tottenham went to Italy to play against Lazio FC, I did not read of it on NL.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20551222

honeychild:
Let us test your position for consistency

1. Did you tell your fellow Christians that they did not have a basis for lambasting Islam over the banning of mobile phones by a Muslim community since the community did not say "Allah Akbar, we ban mobile phones". Of course, you did not
2. Some people suggest that Boko Haram matter should be dealt with by Muslims. In that case, should kidnapping matter not be dealt with by SE people?

Note that I say this because people set standards that they cannot live by for Muslims. In my opinion both problems are national issues
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by honeychild(f): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
BetaThings:

So what was special about the 80s
Why not 70s, 60s?
What
I am sorry I do not know what happened in the 60s and 70s. I was born in the 70s. I grew up in the North in the 80s and 90s and I can only talk about what I witnessed. I am not a Muslim and I have never been in a mosque. But when people have a penchant for coming back from a session of worship and immediately embarking on a killing spree, I think I should be forgiven for concluding that they were instructed to do so by their religion.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by honeychild(f): 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
BetaThings:

Now when corsicans violently demanded for independenvce from France, I did not read about it here.
http://news.yahoo.com/french-island-corsica-hit-attacks-104920426.html

Were the people killed by this Christian community not human beings? Is it that their life did not matter to Christian on
I just looked at your link. I did not see anything that says the Corticans were pursuing a religious agenda. Note: I have not said Christians do not do wrong. All I have said is that they do not kill and maim [b][/b] in the name of their religion.
and when Christians do so it is just as bad. But you just have to agree that Muslims are a lot more prone to defending their religion with extreme violence than Christians are.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
honeychild:
I just looked at your link. I did not see anything that says the Corticans were pursuing a religious agenda. Note: I have not said Christians do not do wrong. All I have said is that they do not kill and maim [b][/b] in the name of their religion.
and when Christians do so it is just as bad. But you just have to agree that Muslims are a lot more prone to defending their religion with extreme violence than Christians are.
Nobody will deny that Muslims have extremists. That will be totally dishonest
However would you deny that Islam is also judged by the actions of muslim communities when their actions are unrelated to Islam?
Look at this
https://www.nairaland.com/1124871/indian-village-bans-use-cellphones

So the Corsican is a Christian community; So we let them be because they did not mention religion in carrying out their bombing.
That is all Muslims ask. If there is a honour killing in a community we should blame it on the culture of the people because nothing like that (honour killing) exists in Islam

2. Christians do kill in the name of Jesus. Tell me your view about this
http://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/

Jesus Killed Mohammed
The crusade for a Christian military

Finally, somehow I see Islam being attacked more than any other religion. Can that explain the incidence of militancy? I don't know.
We did not write that book "the Clash of Civilisations". So we see it is an agenda to rally people to confront Islam
Note that within the last decade a Christian country invaded a Muslim country; they are preparing another
Palin has linked the Iraqi war with religion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 / I Can Observe Ramadan And Still Play Football - Fredrick Kanoute / Judgment Day : Conversation Between Jesus And His God, Allah (Surah Al Ma’idah)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.