Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? (11736 Views)

Easy Ways To Remove Virus, Malware Or Worm From Computer / Virus/malware Removal Guide / Worst Virus Announced By Cnn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? by Hackomania(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
femojie: UPDATE.EXE.
You should see what Update .exe did to a friend of mine and ho I fixed it. Pretty easy to fix once you know the trick
http://kcemenike./2012/12/07/fake-update-exe-in-hidden-folder/
Re: The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? by Hackomania(m): 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
zub: Guyz plz i need ur help. Got a virus on my pc dat keeps asking me to send files and folder to d recycle bin. It does dis to countles times until i restart d system bt after sometime,it starts d habit again. Dnt kno if its a recycler virus. Plz help me on wat to do.
Run taskmanager and then post here all the running processes you have in ur PC.
I hope you understand what that meant
Re: The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? by zub(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
@Hackomania. The running processes are avgui.exe, csrss.exe, dmhkcore.exe, dwm.exe, explorer.exe, igfxext.exe, igfxsrvc.exe,mbamgui.exe,ssckbdhk.exe,supbackground.exe, taskhost.exe, taskeng.exe, taskmgr.exe, usbguaid.exe, winlogon.exe
Re: The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? by Hackomania(m): 12:40am On Dec 20, 2012
zub: @Hackomania. The running processes are avgui.exe, csrss.exe, dmhkcore.exe, dwm.exe, explorer.exe, igfxext.exe, igfxsrvc.exe,mbamgui.exe,ssckbdhk.exe,supbackground.exe, taskhost.exe, taskeng.exe, taskmgr.exe, usbguaid.exe, winlogon.exe

As a side note, I suggest you upgrade your operating system, at least to Windows 7... You still use Windows Vista, when ppl don dey use Windows 8 already.
Now to bizness... is that usbguaid.exe or usbguard.exe?

So that we could analyse your registry entries, dll hooks, and startup items, you may need to run a file called hijackthis. It helps to show all running processes on your computer. And there is no need to do an install. It is not an antivirus, it just allows you see hidden stuff Windows may not let you see
I have a copy in my dropbox account if you wish to download it http:///GCDAE
Just run it and you could send me the log file it generates to my email, or just post the log file here.
Thanks
H
Re: The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? by hopefullman: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
RECYCLER
Re: The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? by Hackomania(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2013
Has anyone seen a book on how to remove computer virus infections? Please PM me if you've seen any. I'm writing a book on it and I won't mind extra research tools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Interested Person For Vmware Study Group In Abuja / How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.