Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,384 members, 7,846,626 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! (15320 Views)

Jelly Bean 4.2.2 For Tecno N7 / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by greedie1(f): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2012
Troll:

Airtel Nigeria BIS plan works for other devices too.
Just Send bsm to 440 for 1gb @ #1200 monthly OR
Send bismonth to 440 for 3gb @ #2800 monthly
Subcribe at first from a blackberry phone or from your android device but you have to turn it off and back on after the subscription is accepted.

wt of mtn? i dont use airtel
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 4:34am On Dec 10, 2012
All well-said here but how do I upgrade my S3 to this jelly bean os? Secondly , I recently bought a galaxy note 2 which comes with the latest jelly bean os but the disadvantage is that it does not have adobe flash player and this is a serious issue. Can it be fixed at all? Once more pls how do I do the upgrade?
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by raynold17(m): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2012
Troll:

Airtel Nigeria BIS plan works for other devices too.
Just Send bsm to 440 for 1gb @ #1200 monthly OR
Send bismonth to 440 for 3gb @ #2800 monthly
Subcribe at first from a blackberry phone or from your android device but you have to turn it off and back on after the subscription is accepted.
I am using mtn bis but airtel also works..
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by afechosen(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2012
Deblow: All well-said here but how do I upgrade my S3 to this jelly bean os? Secondly , I recently bought a galaxy note 2 which comes with the latest jelly bean os but the disadvantage is that it does not have adobe flash player and this is a serious issue. Can it be fixed at all? Once more pls how do I do the upgrade?
Install kies on ur pc & connect ur device 2d pc.Make sure its connected 2d internet,then U will get hw 2upgrade ur device via kies.About d flashplayer,download it from googleplay.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Maleeq(m): 8:46am On Dec 10, 2012
afechosen:
Install kies on ur pc & connect ur device 2d pc.Make sure its connected 2d internet,then U will get hw 2upgrade ur device via kies.About d flashplayer,download it from googleplay.
I am still on 4.0.4. Kies tells me I am running the latest firmware always...no updates available when I check OTA.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by pappilo(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2012
I used to love HTC phones and had them for 6 years but the delay between Google releasing these updates and them being ported to their phones is why I will be a pure vanilla Android man from now on. I am running Android 4.2.1 already on my N4.

Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by afechosen(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2012
Maleeq:
I am still on 4.0.4. Kies tells me I am running the latest firmware always...no updates available when I check OTA.
This is a FAQ on many android forums.U can retry the process but it should also be understood dat some devices have limitations 2their OS depending on the product,So,U can check out Sammobile forum or any android forum for better understanding.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by yemisi01: 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
....let's GROW ur Biz/Brand Online
Solutions to help your website become more Visible!
Chukwuemeka Fred Agbata Jnr. is a Digital media consultant providing top Quality SEO in Nigeria and social media marketing services. Also, a Small business coach and Internet marketing company founder helping business owners succeed by leveraging the Internet and technology. CFA Leverage is an Internet solutions provider, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media marketing (SMM) and internet marketing company. We also accept Web Design and other Programming Services...
Call Us NOW!!!
BlackBerry : BB 29659EEB
Phone: +234 805 353 3156 | +234 803 624 5734 | +234 704 055 5333 |
Email: cfa@cfagbata.com
Email: info@cfaleverage.com

Websites:
http://www.CFAgbata.com
http://www.CFAleverage.com

Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by caukerzee(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
raynold17 :
if you no sabi your way na am currently subscribed to 1month bis on my android phone.. bb na trash..
please how is it done?
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 3:08am On Dec 11, 2012
@Afechosen, thanks for your assistance but i did as you instructed by downloading the current version of samsung kies and connected my device to the pc with internet connection but what it kept telling me is that my firmware is the latest one. So Pls, how do I upgrade my s3 to jellybean? Anyone also who is in the know can help me
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2012
that means jellybean has not yet been released released for the region your phone is from.

be patient. its a gradual thing.

if u cannot be patient , go to sammobile.com and download the one meant for another country. u can flash that with odin. u run the risk of bricking ur device.

its not like jellybean will turn ur phone into gold anyways.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Maleeq(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2012
4llerbuntu: that means jellybean has not yet been released released for the region your phone is from.

be patient. its a gradual thing.

if u cannot be patient , go to sammobile.com and download the one meant for another country. u can flash that with odin. u run the risk of bricking ur device.

its not like jellybean will turn ur phone into gold anyways
It turned my into platinum o!

I still wonder why they segment handsets into regions. I just flashed the ROM meant for Poland and its ok! And really, just basic differences....nothing WOW about it IMHO!

This blog has the procedure, if you want to! Proceed at your own risk! (It should work fine on the international variants of the S3 though)
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
Maleeq:
It turned my into platinum o!

I still wonder why they segment handsets into regions. I just flashed the ROM meant for Poland and its ok! And really, just basic differences.... nothing WOW about it IMHO!

This blog has the procedure, if you want to! Proceed at your own risk! (It should work fine on the international variants of the S3 though)
What is your benchmark test result,please?
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
Then I'll rather wait for the release of the one meant for my phone's region. Can't risk the alternatives. Thanks nonetheless.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by xtraodinaire: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
Just upgraded mine.. The 4.1.2 is really cool, haven't really used the multi-window feature but mehn its awesome plus the new gallery design is just really cool, play buddy is also awesome.

Download the Poland release from sam mobile firmware page and install odin, switch off your phone and boot it into download mode, then run odin, you should see 'Added' and the com port the phone is connected to. then unzip the file you downloaded (the normal file's like 830mb and when you extract it should be like 1.2gb or so), leave odin settings the way they are then select pda, locate the extracted file (always .md5) the click start.. the installation should take about 5mins or less then your phone restarts and WELCOME TO JELLY BEAN 4.1.2!
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Maleeq(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2012
all4naija: What is your benchmark test result,please?
Are you asking if the phone leaves any mark if placed on a bench?

Dude...forget benchmark test...human perceivable difference is all I am interested in. Minus the tweaks to the notification panel, multi-window, google now...nothing different AFAIK
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
@extraordinaire I quite appreciate d kind gesture put up there but I must confess I do nt understand the way to go by it. You may wish to simplify d steps so as to grab it further. Thanks
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Hey guys,
I have Android Ice cream sandwich 4.0.3 working well on my ROOTED GT-P3100, is the upgrade to Jelly Bean advisable or I should just continue with my Ice cream sandwich?
Please your advice is cordially welcome. Thanks in advance
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
Maleeq:
Are you asking if the phone leaves any mark if placed on a bench?

Dude...forget benchmark test...human perceivable difference is all I am interested in. Minus the tweaks to the notification panel, multi-window, google now...nothing different AFAIK
Huh!
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by xtraodinaire: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
Wilfem: Hey guys,
I have Android Ice cream sandwich 4.0.3 working well on my ROOTED GT-P3100, is the upgrade to Jelly Bean advisable or I should just continue with my Ice cream sandwich?
Please your advice is cordially welcome. Thanks in advance

Check if the 4.1.2 jelly bean version is available for your phone model. mine is GT-I9300 though. and if you download the available version, i think your phone will no longer be rooted so u will have to do that again.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by xtraodinaire: 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2012
Deblow: @extraordinaire I quite appreciate d kind gesture put up there but I must confess I do nt understand the way to go by it. You may wish to simplify d steps so as to grab it further. Thanks

If you using the GT-I9300..
1) go to http://samfirmware.com/
2) Register on the website.
3) search for GT-I9300
4) select the 4.1.2 Poland version
5) Download the zip file (about 830mb).

6) Download odin 3.07 (thats the latest version). http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1168421&d=1341114315
7) Extract the content of zip files (odin and the 4.1.2 firmware)
cool Switch off your phone completely.
9) Then, put the phone into download mode. To do so, press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Home + Power till the screen turns on. Then press Volume Up to enter download mode.
10) Open Odin by double-clicking on the Odin3 v3.07.exe file obtained in step 6 after extracting Odin3_v3.07.zip.
11)Connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message “Added !!” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
If you don’t get this message, make sure you installed drivers correctly (using Kies or directly) If it still doesn’t work, try changing to another USB port on the computer and also use the USB ports on the back if you have a desktop PC.
12)Click on the PDA button in Odin, then browse to and select the I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_I9300XXELKC_HOME.tar.md5 file obtained from extracting the firmware you downloaded.
13)Important! Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required files as given in step 12. Leave all other options as they are. Make sure Re-Partition check box is NOT selected.
14)Now, click the Start button to start flashing the firmware on your phone. When the flashing is complete and is successful, you’ll get a PASS message (with green background) in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin, and the phone will automatically reboot. When you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable.

Your Galaxy S3 is now running the official Android 4.1.2 firmware.

If you don't still understand or not sure you can do this, please don't try it cos i wont want you to brick your phone o..
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
Thanks a bunch. Lemme read and study your write-up very well and see if I would be able to do it wthout a flaw. Place can u inbox ur email and/or phone number for easy reach. Thanks once again.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
I have tried registering at samfirware.com but rather unsuccessfully becos the antispam box has been misbehaving. I have not been able to match the picure fragments on the box. I even tried this on ma lappy, its not even showing the antispam image at all! I'm frustrated.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by xtraodinaire: 1:01am On Dec 16, 2012
Deblow: I have tried registering at samfirware.com but rather unsuccessfully becos the antispam box has been misbehaving. I have not been able to match the picure fragments on the box. I even tried this on ma lappy, its not even showing the antispam image at all! I'm frustrated.

You can download it from http://www.multiupload.nl/T7T4JCNKHS or http://www.hotfile.com/dl/182409763/7df691f/I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_XEO.zip.html
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Mannylex(m): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
I wanna try jellybean 4.1.2 firmware on my galaxy s2 developed by sammobile. I just hope it comes out well, without much bugs.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 4:26am On Dec 17, 2012
Thanks Extraordinaire. You are most blessed. I will download the file as soon as I charge my phone. You are good!
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
Can anyone give me a link or a guide to how I can UNROOT my Galaxy Tab P3100, I already have it rooted on Ice cream sandwich, but I want to upgrade to the latest Jelly bean. So can anyone help me on how to unroot or flash the ROM?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
@extraordinaire,
Does matter if one has a rooted phohe? I mean can one still go ahead to do the update then one can then find another way of rooting it back? Or one will just have to unroot first before one can go for the upgrade?
Thanks in advance for your helpful response.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by xtraodinaire: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
Wilfem: @extraordinaire,
Does matter if one has a rooted phohe? I mean can one still go ahead to do the update then one can then find another way of rooting it back? Or one will just have to unroot first before one can go for the upgrade?
Thanks in advance for your helpful response.

you dont need to unroot before you can update.. once you install the new firmware it automatically unroot the phone then you root it back.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 8:34am On Dec 18, 2012
xtraodinaire:

you dont need to unroot before you can update.. once you install the new firmware it automatically unroot the phone then you root it back.

Thanks so much for your response. It was another person on this site who told me the other way round, that's why I've been looking for means to unroot it first, but now that I've gotten to know that it doesn't matter, I'm already downloading the 735mb P3100ODDCLL1 Jelly Bean update for my phone. After updating it it, I will see how I can root it back, so that I can get my DroidVPN working, 'cos that's the only application that matter most to me. cheesy
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2012
This is precisely why i don't like responding to people's technical questions when i am not sure of their level of tech savviness

Wilfem:
It was another person on this site who told me the other way round, that's why I've been looking for means to unroot it first, but now that I've gotten to know that it doesn't matter, I'm already downloading the 735mb P3100ODDCLL1 Jelly Bean update for my phone.

You told me u had a TAB u want to update. I told you I DON'T USE THAT TAB SO I WOULD NOT KNOW IF THERE IS AN UPDATE.

Then you said u checked for an update through the phone settings and it showed u there was one, but u tried to update via d fone and the update failed!

I TOLD U THAT U CANNOT DO AN OTA UPDATE WITH A ROOTED SAMSUNG DEVICE. IF U WANT TO UPDATE, UNROOT first.

Then u went and flashed a CWM kernel and said it was still rooted.

I told u, to unroot u NEED A STOCK KERNEL! Then u ask me to be looking for stock kernel for u. i look like ur emergency houseboy?
The places u got you root and CWM kernel, u can't go there to ask for the stock kernel?

next thing u are here trying to download a .tar for the device THAT WILL BE FLASHED VIA DESKTOP ODIN, and u say someone on this site misled u that u have to unroot.

OTA updates and ODIN r d same?

Are u even downloading a .tar file sef?

And u seriously expect me to advise you to go flash with ODIN when u don't even know what ClockworkMod is?

Goodluck to u and ur device o. I'm waiting for the next inevitable thread
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2012
@4llerbuntu, I'll kindly urge you not to take this personal. I did the rooting with ODIN myself, I think where the problem came from was the OTA update that keeps coming up on my phone, even up till now. The question I tried to ask you yesterday was if I can go ahead to do the firmware upgrade through flashing, despite having a root. Pls don't be offended. We are all matured guy here. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Ask Atiku Yourself” Mobile App: A Review By TechCapon / Mtn Sim Registeration / Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.