Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,193 members, 7,845,933 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! (15319 Views)

Jelly Bean 4.2.2 For Tecno N7 / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu: [size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]

Even without voting, you'vr already won. You can be sure of my vote, Ashipa of Lagos.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2012
@4llerbuntu and xtraordinaire,
I would like to sincerely thank you guys for your advices and suggestions as it really helped me. We learn everyday and nobody is an island of knowledge. I'm glad I've finally upgraded my device to the latest Jelly Bean.
Kudos to you guys, Have a wonderful day.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by xtraodinaire: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2012
Wilfem: @4llerbuntu and xtraordinaire,
I would like to sincerely thank you guys for your advices and suggestions as it really helped me. We learn everyday and nobody is an island of knowledge. I'm glad I've finally upgraded my device to the latest Jelly Bean.
Kudos to you guys, Have a wonderful day.

You welcome bro, glad we could help.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Wilfem(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2012
xtraodinaire:

You welcome bro, glad we could help.

Just finished rooting it as well, so that I can enjoy it to the maximum, especially with DroidVPN.
I kind of like this new Jelly Bean, it has some new additions, quite different from the Ice cream sandwich that originally came along with it.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
xtraodinaire:

If you using the GT-I9300..
1) go to http://samfirmware.com/
2) Register on the website.
3) search for GT-I9300
4) select the 4.1.2 Poland version
5) Download the zip file (about 830mb).

6) Download odin 3.07 (thats the latest version). http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1168421&d=1341114315
7) Extract the content of zip files (odin and the 4.1.2 firmware)
cool Switch off your phone completely.
9) Then, put the phone into download mode. To do so, press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Home + Power till the screen turns on. Then press Volume Up to enter download mode.
10) Open Odin by double-clicking on the Odin3 v3.07.exe file obtained in step 6 after extracting Odin3_v3.07.zip.
11)Connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message “Added !!” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
If you don’t get this message, make sure you installed drivers correctly (using Kies or directly) If it still doesn’t work, try changing to another USB port on the computer and also use the USB ports on the back if you have a desktop PC.
12)Click on the PDA button in Odin, then browse to and select the I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_I9300XXELKC_HOME.tar.md5 file obtained from extracting the firmware you downloaded.
13)Important! Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required files as given in step 12. Leave all other options as they are. Make sure Re-Partition check box is NOT selected.
14)Now, click the Start button to start flashing the firmware on your phone. When the flashing is complete and is successful, you’ll get a PASS message (with green background) in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin, and the phone will automatically reboot. When you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable.

Your Galaxy S3 is now running the official Android 4.1.2 firmware.

If you don't still understand or not sure you can do this, please don't try it cos i wont want you to brick your phone o..

thanks for the step by step procedures. Launching the website, www.samfirmware.com, i found out that a nigeria version of the firmware is available or maybe am wrong but pls have a look and let me know whats up asap pls. I really want to upgrade to JB bro. Thanks while i anticipate for your reply.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by xtraodinaire: 1:38am On Jan 15, 2013
ollah1:

thanks for the step by step procedures. Launching the website, www.samfirmware.com, i found out that a nigeria version of the firmware is available or maybe am wrong but pls have a look and let me know whats up asap pls. I really want to upgrade to JB bro. Thanks while i anticipate for your reply.

Yea, you can download and install the nigeria version. If you click the info, you will see its the same version application for these regions (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom).
So its the same 4.1.2.
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by ciphoenix: 6:44am On Jan 15, 2013
The update is now seeding live to international versions in nigeria, its about 370MB
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Yeah! You are right! I indeed did the upgrade and it said its now of 4.2.1 variety but I notice its still not as the jelly bean of my note 2. What could be responsible please?
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by ciphoenix: 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Probably cos the note 2 is on 4.1.1 while your s3 is on 4.1.2
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by Deblow: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
Alright
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by paulbrown429(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2013
How Can I update the OS of my device from ginger bread to jelly bean 4.1.2?
Re: Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! by ginoherbert: 11:11am On May 22, 2013
I thing Samsung Galaxy S III’s Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update is comming soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix Note 4 – Is It Really Worth The Upgrade? / “Ask Atiku Yourself” Mobile App: A Review By TechCapon / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Price In Nigeria & Full Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.