Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding (3108 Views)

Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350 / How To Resolve Binding Brake Issue / What Is The Difference Between Premium Wheels And Alloy Wheels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding by bibelo: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
Hi guys please what can be done to stop the two front wheels of a toyota carina 2 from binding? I have changed the two flexible hoses supplying brake fluid to them ,yet the wheels get so hot that the car refused to move which causes the clutch to smeLl.infact am scared of driving the car cos it just develops a mind of its own and proves to be smarter than all the mechanics. Please I need tips to stop this nightmare
Re: Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding by habjid(m): 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE BRAKE SYSTEM,THE BRAKE PAD IS NOT RETURNING AFTER RELEASING THE BRAKE PEDAL.
Re: Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding by bibelo: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2012
How do I fix dat, to prevent dis mechanics from turning me to an ATM machine
Re: Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding by sultaan(m): 4:59am On Dec 09, 2012
Its usually one of the wheels, but if both are binding change the calipers, your brake fluid had too much moisture in it that it caused rust in the calipers.Calipers can be rebuilt by a good shop but you are better off replacing them. Flush the brake fluid too with a fresh DOT3(it absorbs moisture when open to air)

This is me flushing my system see how dark the brake fluid is, it should be almost colorless like water

Re: Help!!! Toyota Front Wheels Binding by sultaan(m): 5:32am On Dec 09, 2012
I sucked out the fluid in the reservoir first then flush the lines with new fluid starting with the wheel farthest from the reservoir (pass rear) and end with wheel closest to reservoir (driver front)

A sticky caliper would have worn out the brakes and gouge the rotors

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Avensis Conversion / I Am In Need Of A Tow Truck! / What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.