Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? (6191 Views)

The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 12:51am On Dec 22, 2012
greatgenius: lol it is illogical when the premise does not agree with the conclusion in their head...if it does only then do they see it as logical... humans are funny i tell you...

i really dislike blind followers... you believe your "God" to be everywhere( becuase someone told you to)..to them if their God is everywhre then he must be a one powerful being... yet they fail to see that the very notion of their God being everywhere implies that he is no-where in particular... to them accepting that angle means their God might not be as powerful as they thought it to be(they incorrectly imagine no where to be infinitesimal and insignificant)... or worst their God might not even exist becuase they have been misled to bellieve that nowhere and nothing means non-existent. and that notion they cannot conceive and condone....

to humans more means better; greater means higher; higher means better...but i ask you this is a human up in the sky let say in an aircraft better than a human on the ground?...

I wonder why people feel that the Universe revolves around their conscious mind and must act according to its understandings. I really agree about the blind believers
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 22, 2012
^^^@Affiliated
Logic doesn't contradict itself. Greatgenius is trying to murder logic.
In logic.
1. any statement is either true or false.
2. No statement can be both true and false.
3. If a statement is true, then it is true.
For this reason, you can't make sense out of what he's saying.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 1:04am On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

I wonder why people feel that the Universe revolves around their conscious mind and must act according to its understandings. I really agree about the blind believers
lol they would soon come to the truth... just like they came to the truth that the sun does not revolve around the earth lol.. they will also soon find out that the notion that nothing travels faster than the speed of light is not true etc etc. lets us all wait for the unfoldment
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 1:09am On Dec 22, 2012
Reyginus: ^^^@Affiliated
In logic.

Saying I can't make sense out of what greatgenius says is once again revolving the universe around your conscious mind, I for one know what greatgenius claims is illogical at least to me but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility and I can't make sense out of it. I can make sense out of it the same way I can make sense of stars falling on earth and particles moving backwards in time and so on. Not all things that exist or occur follow my "premise". And on another note, how can one's premise be absolute? Wouldn't having an absolute premise mean knowing all secrets in the universe? The only absolute premise should be all things are possible
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 1:19am On Dec 22, 2012
Reyginus: ^^^@Affiliated
In logic.

And once again this is your own logic. If someone's fundamental assumptions or premise was that
1. All statements are both true and false and can decide to be one or both at the same time
2. All statements are true and false and can decide to be one or both at the same time
3. If a statement is true then it is false
greatgenius and the person would be having a completely logical conversation between themselves when they claim God is and is not.
And based on my logic, God is everything that exists and is possible of existing in any form whatsoever. Now is it illogical for me to say that God is nothing in particular but everything? Once God is something, God is no longer everything.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 1:25am On Dec 22, 2012
^^^^ he would read but not understand most of the things you just said... but keep educating him maybe he will start to open his awareness and get it...
i realized most people here have limited views on things thats why i dont post much. nothing you say makes sense to them if it is not in alignment with thier beliefs
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 1:30am On Dec 22, 2012
greatgenius: ^^^^ he would read but not understand most of the things you just said... but keep educating him maybe he will start to open his awareness and get it..

I really tried to explain the whole idea using quantum physics which has proven that light is both a particle and a wave at the same time and can decide to be anyone at any given time. If that wasn't enough, I doubt the concept can be grasped. Anyway as long as everyone's beliefs work for them. No one is forcing anyone grin
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 1:40am On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

I really tried to explain the whole idea using quantum physics which has proven that light is both a particle and a wave at the same time and can decide to be anyone at any given time. If that wasn't enough, I doubt the concept can be grasped. Anyway as long as everyone's beliefs work for them. No one is forcing anyone grin
lol if they are religious fanatics bringing science in it and telling them God basically is energy might get you hanged lol... i explained what YHwH stands for in another thread to some christians and the very idea that the name of their God are the elements HYDROGEN OXYGEN AND NITROGEN didnt sit well with them...
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 1:49am On Dec 22, 2012
greatgenius: lol if they are religious fanatics bringing science in it and telling them God basically is energy might get you hanged lol... i explained what YHwH stands for in another thread to some christians and the very idea that the name of their God are the elements HYDROGEN OXYGEN AND NITROGEN didnt sit well with them...

Link to thread please grin shocked
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 1:56am On Dec 22, 2012
lol not on nairaland...i see you like drama
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 2:02am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

Saying I can't make sense out of what greatgenius says is once again revolving the universe around your conscious mind, I for one know what greatgenius claims is illogical at least to me but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility and I can't make sense out of it. I can make sense out of it the same way I can make sense of stars falling on earth and particles moving backwards in time and so on. Not all things that exist or occur follow my "premise". And on another note, how can one's premise be absolute? Wouldn't having an absolute premise mean knowing all secrets in the universe? The only absolute premise should be all things are possible
In other words you are saying that senselessness doesn't exist, since what nobody can know is and not. That's not true. If he had understood what it means to argue rationally, he wouldn't have made such claims. I don't murder the very process I employ in arguing.
What I mean that a premise must be absolute is this. Whatever basis for your arguement must be thorough, true and complete. You don't expect a logical conclusion from an illogical premise. Lets say
all mad men are presidents
john is a mad man
conclusion
john is a president.
The premise and the conclusion tally. But it is entirely an illogical statement, because as we know it, all mad men are not presidents.
No. That's not the meaning.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

And once again this is your own logic. If someone's fundamental assumptions or premise was that
1. All statements are both true and false and can decide to be one or both at the same time
2. All statements are true and false and can decide to be one or both at the same time
3. If a statement is true then it is false
greatgenius and the person would be having a completely logical conversation between themselves when they claim God is and is not.
And based on my logic, God is everything that exists and is possible of existing in any form whatsoever. Now is it illogical for me to say that God is nothing in particular but everything? Once God is something, God is no longer everything.
lol. Someone's fundamental assuptions can be a lie?
1. No statement is true and false at the same time.
2. All statements cannot be both true and false, because the presence of once cancels the other.
3. Let's be rational please. Good cannot be both good, and evil. That is a logical contradiction.
If God is everything, then he's nothing in particular. If it is, then anything we take God to be is true.
Before we delve in proper, let's understand what it means for you to argue logically.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2012
Reyginus: lol. Someone's fundamental assuptions cannot be a lie.
2. All statements cannot be both true and false, because the presence of once cancels the other.
3. Let's be rational please. Good cannot be both good, and evil. That is a logical contradiction.
If God is everything, then he's nothing in particular. If it is, then anything we take God to be is true.
Before we delve in proper, let's understand what it means for you to argue logically.
Bros e be like say you dey drink redbull, your energy is just too much. I just dey read the thread dey laugh.

This argument is like trying to prove to somebody why 2+2 is not 5 but the person is telling you that he got it in a "higher dimension". Wetin again you wan tell am?

In fact this thread is inspiring me to start campaigning that Nigerian primary schools adopt logic to be taught as a compulsory subject in Primary 1 alongside mathematics.......so that while you are learning that 1+1=2, you will also be learning that "X" cannot be true and false at the same time (@greatgenius and Affiliated, that is really how basic it is)

I can't believe that grown men are making the kind of argument I am seeing on this thread. Seriously, who has bewitched these guys like this?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2012
Reyginus: In other words you are saying that senselessness doesn't exist, since what nobody can know is and not. That's not true. If he had understood what it means to argue rationally, he wouldn't have made such claims. I don't murder the very process I employ in arguing.
What I mean that a premise must be absolute is this. Whatever basis for your arguement must thorough, true and complete. You don't expect a logical conclusion from an illogical premise. Lets say
all mad men are presidents
john is a mad man
conclusion
john is a president.
The premise and the conclusion tally. But it is entirely an illogical statement, because as we know it, all mad men are not presidents.
No. That's not the meaning.

It seems this argument is now getting pointless. I've already pointed out that greatgenius claims are illogical so why do you keep pressing that point? What I'm pointing out is that not everything in the universe follows the laws of our logic.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2012
Reyginus: lol. Someone's fundamental assuptions cannot be a lie.

Yes. Whatever you take God to be is a truth. For example we know there's heat and cold but both are just different variations of the same thing. So I can claim something is both cold andhot at the same time.. It just depends on who's perspective.

1 Like

Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Bros e be like say you dey drink redbull, your energy is just too much. I just dey read the thread dey laugh.

This argument is like trying to prove to somebody why 2+2 is not 5 but the person is telling you that he got it in a "higher dimension". Wetin again you wan tell am?

In fact this thread is inspiring me to start campaigning that Nigerian primary schools adopt logic to be taught as a compulsory subject in Primary 1 alongside mathematics.......so that while you are learning that 1+1=2, you will also be learning that "X" cannot be true and false at the same time (@greatgenius and Affiliated, that is really how basic it is)

I can't believe that grown men are making the kind of argument I am seeing on this thread. Seriously, who has bewitched these guys like this?

Didn't someone prove that 1+1=3? Once again are you trying to say that everywhere in the universe everything must follow your own or humans logic? If that's your own premise then arguing is pointless. Kurt Vonnegut said just because some of us can read and write and do a little math doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the universe. However isn't the whole idea of miracles the fact that God is able to bypass our logic?

2 Likes

Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:
Didn't someone prove that 1+1=3?
I would really like to know this remarkable individual.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I would really like to know this remarkable individual.

Put a+b = 0

so 1(a+b) = 0

1 = 0/(a+b)

0 = 1

Adding 2 on both sides

0+2 = 1+2

2 = 3

1+1 = 3

I'm not a mathematician but I can claim that the above is logical because the it follows the fundamental assumption that a+b=0
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

Yes. Whatever you take God to be is a truth. For example we know there's heat and cold but both are just different variations of the same thing. So I can claim something is both cold andhot at the same time.. It just depends on who's perspective.
LOL I can't believe you guys are still discussing this... Once I realize I am dealing with close minded people no offense intended I just retire.... They are fighting tooth and nail because they cannot fathom their God playing both " god" and " devil" at the same time... Believing such an idea will usher in an end to religion...and since they don't want to take responsibility for their life's and think for themselves they will rather not have that happen ...

I mean this is kindergarten stuff really... You believe there is only one god and none else... A true statement I might say... You also believe this god created light/ love and as such he is the light... He also then creates darkness/fear yet he is not those things as well?

Using a human scenario imagine yourself as a director with a script in your hands.. one of the characters in the script should be "good" and another the opposite "bad"... there is no one else but the director , yet he comes up with an idea to play both characters out .. well how does he do it? He comes up with a video camera throw some costumes on( one for each character intermittently ) and acts out the script.. he edits and put the completed movie on the screen... The question is how many people are in the movie? One or two? You are correct with either answer from whatever perspective you look at it from.. but ultimately there is only one person playing both characters at the same " time"....

Like I keep telling you guys this is all a game.. an illusion .. a dream... There is only one of us here...

2 Likes

Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

Put a+b = 0

so 1(a+b) = 0

1 = 0/(a+b)

0 = 1

Adding 2 on both sides

0+2 = 1+2

2 = 3

1+1 = 3

I'm not a mathematician but I can claim that the above is logical because the it follows the fundamental assumption that a+b=0
Lololololol.....thank God you said that you are not a mathematician because this is one of the worst mathematics I have seen in my life.

All I will ask you is to tell us what a is and what b is. I can assure you that once you assign any numbers to a and b, your theory immediately falls apart.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lololololol.....thank God you said that you are not a mathematician because this is one of the worst mathematics I have seen in my life.

All I will ask you is to tell us what a is and what b is. I can assure you that once you assign any numbers to a and b, your theory immediately falls apart.

the problem is that you don't understand what logic is. Once the fundamental assumption that a+b=0 then it is logical that 1+1=3. The fundamental assumptions don't have to be correct. However let's assume that a=1 and b=-1
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

the problem is that you don't understand what logic is. Once the fundamental assumption that a+b=0 then it is logical that 1+1=3. The fundamental assumptions don't have to be correct. However let's assume that a=1 and b=-1
If a=1 and b=-1

Then 1(a+b)= 1(1-1) = 1x0 = 0,
0 = 0

Where did your 0=1 come from?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
@ Anony I want to take this on a different tangent so let me ask you a question since something tells me you are a Christian( correct me if I am wrong)...

1.Do you believe God to be both the beginning and the end?
2. According to the bible Do you also believe the real name of the sub sub logos (creator) of this planet to be YHWH which represents the elements hydrogen ,oxygen and nitrogen?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 3:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
If a=1 and b=-1

Then 1(a+b)= 1(1-1) = 1x0 = 0,
0 = 0

Where did your 0=1 come from?

Yes 1*0=0 if you multiply it. But it wasn't multiplied. 1 was made the subject of the formula which led to 1=0/0 and ultimately 1=0
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

Yes 1*0=0 if you multiply it. But it wasn't multiplied. 1 was made the subject of the formula which led to 1=0/0 and ultimately 1=0
please I beg you, stop this. You are murdering mathematics.

2 Likes

Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
greatgenius: @ Anony I want to take this on a different tangent so let me ask you a question since something tells me you are a Christian( correct me if I am wrong)...

1.Do you believe God to be both the beginning and the end?
2. According to the bible Do you also believe the real name of the sub sub logos (creator) of this planet to be YHWH which represents the elements hydrogen ,oxygen and nitrogen?
1. Yes I do in the sense that God is ultimate.

2. I don't and the bible doesn't make that assertion.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
please I beg you, stop this. You are murdering mathematics.

Are you saying that in mathematics I can't choose to make something the subject of the formula? It is typical for ignorant. People to result to jests when common sense fails them
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
1. Yes I do in the sense that God is ultimate.

2. I don't and the bible doesn't make that assertion.
1. Good.. now can you explicate on how God could be both the beginning and end? I want clarification because I want to make sure you haven't accepted that truth as gospel but know the reason why he is both the beginning and end ... Because it seems to agree to that notion yet can't seem to understand how he is both the light and darkness..

2..Of course the bible is not going to tell you outright .. the bible was put together to control but it always gives you clues...

YHWH is the creator of this planets personal name and its stands for HNON(all elements.. the corresponding letters in Hebrew are Yod, Hey, Vav, and Hey, )... and this name is written in and part of your DNA ...
DNA elements of hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen and carbon corresponds to the Hebrew letters of Yod, Heh, Wav, Gimel (YHWG). Carbon is what makes us physical because it is the element of dust. When carbon is replaced with nitrogen, it becomes YHWH. Hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen are all colorless and odorless gasses. This is the breath or image of God of which our essence is made of .....

That's the real name of your creator and he made that clear in the bible....there are no secrets in the universe in the universe only ignorance... And its ok for you to disagree ...
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
Affiliated:

Are you saying that in mathematics I can't choose to make something the subject of the formula? It is typical for ignorant. People to result to jests when common sense fails them
I am sorry if you feel slighted. I don't mean to mock you at all but still your maths is terribly wrong here and it will be very bad of me if I don't let you know.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I am sorry if you feel slighted. I don't mean to mock you at all but still your maths is terribly wrong here and it will be very bad of me if I don't let you know.

Based on what mathematics logic do you claim that I'm terribly wrong?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
Anyway the whole mathematics thing is irrelevant to the point at hand. There are three important concepts which are everything, nothing and something. In order to bypass the whole initial argument let's just say there's no such thing as nothing. Only everything and something. All possibilities lies in everything and whatever possibility you pick becomes something to you. but that doesn't mean any other possibility doesn't exist. if you claim your own possibility to be the only right one that is possible then you are ignoring the concept of everything. Isn't a popular christian saying, "with God all things are possible?" SO when I claim that 1+1=3 and its logical to me based on the mathematical method I use, I'm correct. if i say 1+1 is 2 I'm still correct. if i say again that 1+1=11 I'm still correct. All possibilities exist with God or in everything. You shouldn't just claim that your own possibility is the only thing possible. As a wise man once said, don't say I've found the truth. Say I've found a truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Micheal Jackson Die A Muslim / Download Free Gospel Music: Kirk Franklin - Wanna Be Happy / Why Can't The Post Of A General Overseer Be Rotated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.