Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Mazda Thread - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mazda Thread (28395 Views)

Mazda Mpv Vs Toyota Sienna For Transportation. / Mazda MPV Problems: Car Won't Accelerate Beyond 60km/hr At Half-tank / Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mazda Thread by sultaan(m): 3:47am On Sep 16, 2014
Is your cooling fan directly wired to the battery or factory state.

The P0480 code says the relay of the cooling fan is faulty check your radiator cooling fans.
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 7:04am On Sep 16, 2014
Yes sultan. I have changed the two relays but same issue. The fan was only coming on when AC is in use. I didn't want any other engine problem due to over heating so I opted for the direct wiring pending when I get a good rewire to slove the problem.
guys please give me a contact in abuja. Need to work on this issue before month end.
Thanks
Re: Mazda Thread by roosebolton: 8:14am On Sep 16, 2014
barthosa: Thanks guys, really appreciate the input. I haven't changed the module before so will probably have that checked too.
Unfortunately, I can't snap the engine bay showing the wires because an intercooler is sitting on top the engine and is very hot.
I use original iridium plugs.
All I really need now is a good referral to a mechanic here in abuja that will trace all this issues and get I done.
Even the fuel pressure test. Don't know where to do it. By the way, the car has another high pressure pump mounted on the engine to engine adequate supply. I tried remove the electrical socket on the body to check if it's working, and I confirmed working as the rrough idling increased and ticking sounds from the engine stopped.
Please guys I need a good mechanic in abuja.
Mr ikenna . I know you deal on Peugeot, if u can help me out, please do.
Thanks everyone.
call Kazeem +234 806 029 7229 he works for the mazda dealership here in Abuja but he also does private jobs. He is quite good and experienced.
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 8:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks Roosevelton. Noted.
Re: Mazda Thread by UBA001: 8:47am On Sep 16, 2014
pragmatistm:
10w-30 is the recommended oil for
both the 4 and 6 cylinder american spec
models.
You can also use 5w-30.
Thanks brother! Is it the same thing with a German spec? because the car is a German spec.
Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
barthosa: Thanks guys, really appreciate the input. I haven't changed the module before so will probably have that checked too.
Unfortunately, I can't snap the engine bay showing the wires because an intercooler is sitting on top the engine and is very hot.
I use original iridium plugs
All I really need now is a good referral to a mechanic here in abuja that will trace all this issues and get I done.
Even the fuel pressure test. Don't know where to do it. By the way, the car has another high pressure pump mounted on the engine to engine adequate supply. I tried remove the electrical socket on the body to check if it's working, and I confirmed working as the rrough idling increased and ticking sounds from the engine stopped.
Please guys I need a good mechanic in abuja.
Mr ikenna . I know you deal on Peugeot, if u can help me out, please do.
Thanks everyone.

It's not all about using original iridium spark plugs. From experience in my 2007 mazda 6i, I used the right original bosch iridium spark plugs and AC Delco iridium spark plugs that i got from the USA yet my car didn't perform well not until i got the OEM recommended NGK laser iridium spark plug 3811 before the performance improved. I won't be surprise that all the problem you are having with your car is just a proper routine tune up. Most of these cars are so sensitive to some replacement service parts.
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
kenmaro:
Noted. Will look for the exact plug type. Thanks.

It's not all about using original iridium spark plugs. From experience in my 2007 mazda 6i, I used the right original bosch iridium spark plugs and AC Delco iridium spark plugs that i got from the USA yet my car didn't perform well not until i got the OEM recommended NGK laser iridium spark plug 3811 before the performance improved. I won't be surprise that all the problem you are having with your car is just a proper routine tune up. Most of these cars are so sensitive to some replacement service parts.
Re: Mazda Thread by pragmatistm(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
UBA001:
Thanks brother! Is it the same thing with a German spec? because the car is a German spec.

Get all the info needed from here:
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2000/mazda/626/specifications/
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hi Roosebolton
I met with kazeem yesterday. He did some stuffs on the car. Changed the plugs. Change one coil and reprogramed the ECU.
But the idle is still rough and it's coming up with more codes.
previously had p0300 , p0480 and p0481. Those are gone.
what we have today is p0104. P0443. P2006 and p0245.
These codes weren't there before, I don't know why they should ccome up now and how best do deal with them.
Because the guy is saying I should change the turbo, but the code doesn't say otherwise. Please advise on what to do.
thanks
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2014
please i need urgent input here. Thanks
barthosa: Hi Roosebolton
I met with kazeem yesterday. He did some stuffs on the car. Changed the plugs. Change one coil and reprogramed the ECU.
But the idle is still rough and it's coming up with more codes.
previously had p0300 , p0480 and p0481. Those are gone.
what we have today is p0104. P0443. P2006 and p0245.
These codes weren't there before, I don't know why they should ccome up now and how best do deal with them.
Because the guy is saying I should change the turbo, but the code doesn't say otherwise. Please advise on what to do.
thanks
Re: Mazda Thread by roosebolton: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2014
barthosa: please i need urgent input here. Thanks

There might be a problem with your MAF (it could be dirty or a case of improper connection.. or could just be faulty) it might also be a case of leakage due to improper installation of airfilter. Its best to start with the easier trouble shoot then work your way up.

Same thing with the Other codes p0443, p2006 p0245 all seem to indicate some EVAP leak or bad wiring... u need to explain more what was done to the ECU, How was it "reprogrammed"
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
roosebolton:

There might be a problem with your MAF (it could be dirty or a case of improper connection.. or could just be faulty) it might also be a case of leakage due to improper installation of airfilter. Its best to start with the easier trouble shoot then work your way up.

Same thing with the Other codes p0443, p2006 p0245 all seem to indicate some EVAP leak or bad wiring... u need to explain more what was done to the ECU, How was it "reprogrammed"
I think it's bad wiring. He said the vacuum wasn't getting current so he had to cut a wire and rejoin somewhere on the body of the vacuum. Now when I try to do sudden overtaking , the car behave as if it's choking. It cut power on the rpm, doesn't allow it pass 4000. These codes weren't there before. So I guess it's an error from him.
Have been waiting for him to come and carry the car, he is posting me, sounds like he is out of ideas.
rough idling still persist. Fuel consumption horrible.
I have printed the Mazda cx7 workshop manual that I want to give him.
Don't know if he will use it to trace the issue.
If not will have to look for another mechanic.
25k gone already. More problems.
Re: Mazda Thread by 19naia(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Wow! sounds like trapped in a fishing net of mechanic confusion..
I still think the spark distributor module needs to be changed... Maybe its an electronic module or old style distributor cap of the rotor style..

These computerized cars have computers manage the fuel and spark and air intake rate for the engines combustion chamber... The computer adjust the mix per circumstances.. It can automatically increase fuel to compensate for problems in the spark or air systems... So fuel consumption can be made worse by the computer opening wide the engine fuel intake.. I had a car with O2 sensor problems and it confused the cars computer into not being able to make the right adjustment for air to fuel and spark ratio... Bad spark plugs with weak spark can also make the computer adjust air and fuel mixture to compensate for sluggish combustion... The spark distributor cap or module, if faulty, can confuse the computer into confusing the air and fuel mix.. That is why it can seem like characteristics of fuel problem or air flow problems... Even after changing plugs and wires and vacuum hose and sensor, the problem can remain and get even more complicated because the computer adjust to every new change made and it adjust according to the confusion of the original problem never fixed....
The spark distributor cap or module can cause a chain reaction problems that confuse the computer.. It can remain faulty for a long time and allow the car to function but erratically.. Eventually it will fail and no spark/ignition signal will be sent through it or it will be sent so confused that it cannot maintain a firing order proper enough for the engine to drive on....

I hope you have explored what the car has in terms of spark management system, is it a distributor cap or an electronic module.. Sometimes these parts test well off the car on an electric current relay testing circuit, but when operating on the engine while driving, they are subject to vibration and Gforce loads that shake up hidden problems like moisture or loose inner working in the part..

Good luck there and hope the problem can be sorted if my input does not apply to what the real issue is...
Re: Mazda Thread by roosebolton: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2014
barthosa:
I think it's bad wiring. He said the vacuum wasn't getting current so he had to cut a wire and rejoin somewhere on the body of the vacuum. Now when I try to do sudden overtaking , the car behave as if it's choking. It cut power on the rpm, doesn't allow it pass 4000. These codes weren't there before. So I guess it's an error from him.
Have been waiting for him to come and carry the car, he is posting me, sounds like he is out of ideas.
rough idling still persist. Fuel consumption horrible.
I have printed the Mazda cx7 workshop manual that I want to give him.
Don't know if he will use it to trace the issue.
If not will have to look for another mechanic.
25k gone already. More problems.

This is so sad.. I spoke to him and made him understand I think this is purely and electrical issue related to bad wiring. My advise is never give your car to any mechanic to take for repairs. Always make sure you are with them during the repairs and keep track of all changes to the car. I know another guy who is very experienced with Tracking electrical issues, he is educated and quite enlightened about cars and eletrical workings and has all the tools needed. Here is his number 07033060775. You can have him look at the issue, also give him the car manual so that he can trace all the relays and to see if there is anything amiss. He has a code scanner and can do a live monitoring of your car (with the scanner plugged in) while you drive the car around this would allow him to see readings of all your sensors in real time and help in tracking down the problem.

Caution: Even though Dozie (the new mech) is educated and all, still don't just leave your car with him.. no one his perfect and Dozie while very good at tracking electrical issues, his knowledge of mazda generally is limited so you just have to be very careful with him.. Anyway he can run a test on every component of your car like the MAF, check for Vacuum leakage, and check your purge solenoid.. If I have time would have loved to accompany to the place.. unfortunately I don't like dropping my number online.. but you can reach me on twitter and I can send my number to you from there http://twitter.com/bigbrovar
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
roosebolton:

This is so sad.. I spoke to him and made him understand I think this is purely and electrical issue related to bad wiring. My advise is never give your car to any mechanic to take for repairs. Always make sure you are with them during the repairs and keep track of all changes to the car. I know another guy who is very experienced with Tracking electrical issues, he is educated and quite enlightened about cars and eletrical workings and has all the tools needed. Here is his number 07033060775. You can have him look at the issue, also give him the car manual so that he can trace all the relays and to see if there is anything amiss. He has a code scanner and can do a live monitoring of your car (with the scanner plugged in) while you drive the car around this would allow him to see readings of all your sensors in real time and help in tracking down the problem.

Caution: Even though Dozie (the new mech) is educated and all, still don't just leave your car with him.. no one his perfect and Dozie while very good at tracking electrical issues, his knowledge of mazda generally is limited so you just have to be very careful with him.. Anyway he can run a test on every component of your car like the MAF, check for Vacuum leakage, and check your purge solenoid.. If I have time would have loved to accompany to the place.. unfortunately I don't like dropping my number online.. but you can reach me on twitter and I can send my number to you from there http://twitter.com/bigbrovar
thanks roosebolton.
really appreciate. Will call him on Saturday and have him check the car because that's the only day I will be free.
Unfortunately I don't tweet. Please send me your number via my email: eddy_barth@hotmail.com
Sultan, I did check for the distributor cab. Don't think this car has it. All the plug wires connects down to the ECU.
Thanks guys for all your help.
Re: Mazda Thread by 19naia(m): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
barthosa:
thanks roosebolton.
really appreciate. Will call him on Saturday and have him check the car because that's the only day I will be free.
Unfortunately I don't tweet. Please send me your number via my email: eddy_barth@hotmail.com
Sultan, I did check for the distributor cab. Don't think this car has it. All the plug wires connects down to the ECU.
Thanks guys for all your help.

A ok..Good, no distributor cap.. So you have the elctronic module.. That must be the what you are calling ECU.. that communicates with the master computer which coordinates/regulates everything from fuel, air, and electric signal to the spark plugs.. Focus on the ECU as possible problem.. If it is faulty it can confuse the computer which then will confuse other engine control systems which can affect fuel control, air control.. When this happens, it can give mixed signals and mixed reading to and from the computer.. Even the diagnostic codes will put out readings that show problems that are only a side effect of the original problem... An ECU problem can be enough to confuse the cars engine from air to spark to fuel...
I had problems like you described, i thought it may be fuel and searched for fuel pump options and then a friend checked the spak plugs and wires and i took it to the dealer and the replaced the ECU and did a full tune up with new spark wires and plugs...After that it was perfect with no more jerking and erratic engine behavior....l

Check out this link..
[url][/url]http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/04/mazda-recalling-88k-vehicles-for-ecu-glitch/

this other link talks about ECU remapping.. Its necessary when you change critical parts of thee car such as sensors or parts that will alter the factory specified air flow, fuel flow or sensors signal related to monitoring these engine systems... If they put a wrong sensor, it may not map well in the ECU.. if they put a different performing part for air flow or fuel feed and so on, it may not map well in the ECU and that produces mixed signal...
Keep record of all the parts replaced on the car to know which ones and what specifications they are... If you change the ECU, it may need to be remapped to altered parts or remove the alternative parts and replace with factory spec. parts..

[url][/url]http://www.dcptuning.com/car-ecu-remap-engine-mapping-chip-tuning-mazda.html
Re: Mazda Thread by Issyman(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2014
barthosa: Yes sultan. I have changed the two relays but same issue. The fan was only coming on when AC is in use. I didn't want any other engine problem due to over heating so I opted for the direct wiring pending when I get a good rewire to slove the problem.
guys please give me a contact in abuja. Need to work on this issue before month end.
Thanks
07034525163- call ds rewirer. Name is muta. Workshop in gwarinpa close to polo club ground. Am certainly sure he will help solve your probelm
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2014
Issyman:
07034525163- call ds rewirer. Name is muta. Workshop in gwarinpa close to polo club ground. Am certainly sure he will help solve your probelm
thanks boss.
Re: Mazda Thread by barthosa(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2014
Thanks. Will see Dozie tomorrow and post the outcome here.
I have noted all your inputs and will make sure I check all of them.

19naia:

A ok..Good, no distributor cap.. So you have the elctronic module.. That must be the what you are calling ECU.. that communicates with the master computer which coordinates/regulates everything from fuel, air, and electric signal to the spark plugs.. Focus on the ECU as possible problem.. If it is faulty it can confuse the computer which then will confuse other engine control systems which can affect fuel control, air control.. When this happens, it can give mixed signals and mixed reading to and from the computer.. Even the diagnostic codes will put out readings that show problems that are only a side effect of the original problem... An ECU problem can be enough to confuse the cars engine from air to spark to fuel...
I had problems like you described, i thought it may be fuel and searched for fuel pump options and then a friend checked the spak plugs and wires and i took it to the dealer and the replaced the ECU and did a full tune up with new spark wires and plugs...After that it was perfect with no more jerking and erratic engine behavior....l

Check out this link..
[url][/url]http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/04/mazda-recalling-88k-vehicles-for-ecu-glitch/

this other link talks about ECU remapping.. Its necessary when you change critical parts of thee car such as sensors or parts that will alter the factory specified air flow, fuel flow or sensors signal related to monitoring these engine systems... If they put a wrong sensor, it may not map well in the ECU.. if they put a different performing part for air flow or fuel feed and so on, it may not map well in the ECU and that produces mixed signal...
Keep record of all the parts replaced on the car to know which ones and what specifications they are... If you change the ECU, it may need to be remapped to altered parts or remove the alternative parts and replace with factory spec. parts..

[url][/url]http://www.dcptuning.com/car-ecu-remap-engine-mapping-chip-tuning-mazda.html

1 Like

Re: Mazda Thread by colegold100: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hello peps.I am new mazda family member.I just got mazda cx 9 2008 tokunbo... (130,000km) I have read all the post and I seem scared to have bought a mazda product with problem faced by on mazda cars. Thinking may be I should sell d Suv.
Secondly, I need contacts of good mechanics.
Thirdly, which engine oil, engine coolant, and power steering fluid are to be used on the car.
I will appreciate any other advise.
Thanks
Re: Mazda Thread by johnwell(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
colegold100:
Hello peps.I am new mazda family member.I just got mazda cx 9 2008 tokunbo... (130,000km) I have read all the post and I seem scared to have bought a mazda product with problem faced by on mazda cars. Thinking may be I should sell d Suv.
Thirdly, which engine oil, engine coolant, and power steering fluid are to be used on the car.
Thanks

likewise me, I was planning to get a cx-9 next week but am scared
Re: Mazda Thread by DECOtech(m): 1:43am On Jan 15, 2015
colegold100:
Thanks

Your vehicle manual recommends the 5w20 spec of engine oil, but for a warmer climate like ours, a 5w20 oil would run lighter than anticipated. So I would advice the slightly thicker spec of 5w30.

For your transmission;
If your CX9 comes with the 5speed auto tranny, you should use ATF M-V, Maxlife ATF or MERCON V specifications.

If it comes with the 6speed auto tranny, you can also use the Maxlife ATF, MV ATF or even the Toyota Type T-IV.

johnwell:

Are you guys based in Lagos?

You don't have to be scared of any brand of car. What you rather should be worried about are your own personal maintenance cultures and finding a tech who is up to date with modern automobile technology.

You can call on this number whenever your sweet Mazda cars need some attention. 08030938491

Cheers...
Re: Mazda Thread by sultaan(m): 2:13am On Jan 15, 2015
colegold100:
Thanks

You have a good car don't worry.

I wnat you to put that car next to a 2008 Highlander and 4Runners compare the look and what you get and you will see its a better design with more tech than the bland toyotas enjoy your car. join a Mazda forum and educate your self.

If you are worried about maintenance just change oil with specified grade Nigerian mechanics are not doing better the the 2008 camry either.

Your cars is a lot less likely to be stolen. I think the oil will be a 5w20
Re: Mazda Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:05am On Jan 15, 2015
johnwell:

I got a 1 carfax Mazda product, they told me all the scary stories, I didn't listen. I simply read everything I could about the car. Mazda may be a smaller car manufacturer compared to Toyota, Honda and Volswagen, but they sure do make good cars.

I am eying the CX-9 as well.
Re: Mazda Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2015
colegold100:
Thanks

ENGINE OIL
http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2009_Mazda_CX-9_Touring_3.7L_V6/oil/change_oil_and_oil_filter
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123746899-Oil-Change

ENGINE COOLANT
FL22 TYPE COOLANT

SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/maint_schedules/09_CX9_MS.pdf
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123756634-Need-some-advice-for-30K-scheduled-maintenance/page2
http://autoshopping.classicmazdaofdenton.com/service-schedules/2009-mazda-service-schedules/2009-mazda-cx-9-service-schedules/

POWER STEERING
Mazda M5 ATF

ATF ISSUES
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123770835-Transmission-fluid-change-quot-How-To-quot

Where are you based?
Re: Mazda Thread by Larrydee(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Can we see pictures. Pleeeeeeaaase...

kenmaro:
Do you own a Mazda car, truck, or SUV like Mazda 3,5,6,millinea,protege,tribute,CX etc. Lets talk and share our experiences. What is your view on these cars? Fuel economy, interior/styling, engine, how strong the body is? etc.
I own a 2007 mazda 6i 2.3l 4cyl. The fuel economy is very superb, beautiful car but no much power from idle. I travel appro. 45miles daily by 5days/week and it uses a half tank of 68.0litre full tank capacity. It got a superb bose sound systems,beautiful interior and exterior, twin exhaust, bezel xenon headlamps. No mechanical or electrical problems so far. I use a mobil 1 oil 0w40 for my services. All fluids are intact. All-in-one, my 2007 mazda 6i is a sweet car for a young and classic mind. It's eye catchy.
Lets know yours please.
Re: Mazda Thread by Larrydee(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
My 06 mazda 6 didn't come with a rear wing spoiler cos it's the entry level model. Can I get aftermarket or stock spoiler and other parts to fix from ladipo or anywhere else in Nigeria for that matter. EBay is not an option. I've tried, they don't ship to Nigeria in most cases.
Re: Mazda Thread by sdpumping: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mazda are great car, My uncle own a mazda6 2007 v6 since 2009 and still using it up till this moment.
Re: Mazda Thread by cuteguy1: 12:26am On May 19, 2015
hi all, anyone with an urgent idea of how to stop the huge white smoke from the exhaust of a CX-7. thanks in anticipation of a favorable response.
Re: Mazda Thread by Carshopper(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2015
My mazda6 05 model gear is stucked in park. I hve check d brake switch n belive it works fine cus brake lites come on.

Am lokin to check shift solenoid in gear areaa.

Any1 had such problems?
Re: Mazda Thread by Kunzahr: 2:34pm On May 21, 2015
Am new,I stat using Mazda 626 in Maiduguri with the nature of the harsh weather the car over heats badly to de extend it burned my top gasket de engine begins to misbehave I change a new tokumbo. Yet temperature reads 65 wat so I do pls I need ur advice Mazda lordz in the rum.
Re: Mazda Thread by chekz169: 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
Pls, i have a mazda 3 2004 model automatic..... Its shows AT warning light on the dashboard and when ever this light comes on the gear jumps from gear 1 to gear 3 skipping gear 2 . When starts the engine The gear changes from 1 to 4 perfectly when this AT warning light is not on but when dis AT warning light starts to display it jumps from gear 1 to gear 3 skipping gear 2 until i turn off the engine... What might be the cause of this. The ATF is still good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.