Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year (23708 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match / Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year / Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo now has 38 GOALS in 33 apperances in the league (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by topmostg: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
ssainty: congrats messi,ur indeed a genius...
1st to commt
if i hear?
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

Cretin,we are talking about the trophies that muller's goal record won for the teams he featured for that year. Now,tell me how many trophies the midget's 86 crappy goals won for his team?

You are a person!

So a goal only matters if it wins trophies?

Cretin, so Messi is suppose to do the defending as well if his team can not prevent goals while he bangs them in?

Which schools failed you?
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by logica(m): 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

Hehe! Xavi and iniesta has transformed spain,previously known as perenial underachievers to a title winning machine,two euro championships,one world cup,and the title collection continues. All these they did without the midget goals and contributions.

Where as,the midget continues to struggle at argentina,in 2006 world cup,he had a star studded team with riquelme,in 2010 edition,same thing,at the last copa america same thing,yet the midget failed to impress.

So,that brings us to the question, who is really responsible for barca's trophy collections and success? The midget goals or xavi/ iniesta's, contribution? Who creates the spaces that allows the midget to score those goals?
That is why I told you teams win trophies, not individuals. Neither Xavi nor Iniesta transformed Spain. It was a team effort. And most of the kudos should actually go to the Barca management in the person of Guardiola who provided Spain with a crop of Barca players who had been well blended for years (right from La Masia).

As a matter of fact, check most of the consistent and dominant teams that won World Cups (or got really close as was the case of Johan Cruyff) and Champions Leagues (or the equivalent in South America - Copa Libertidores) and you will see the correlation between the same crop of players in the same club, and playing for country. Here is a quick list:

Santos/Brazil
Ajax/Netherlands
Bayern Munchen/West Germany
Inter Milan/Germany (the core German attack)
AC Milan/Netherlands (the core Dutch attack)

But has Messi set personal records? Yes he has. If it doesn't sit well with you, all I can offer you is my condolences.

1 Like

Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by pazienza(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Dee60:

Ronaldo was sold by Man U because his behaviour became unbecoming. That is not a virtue! A good player continues to play his best even when other teams are toasting him, and does not hop around like a prostitute!

Bla bla bla, fact is that,he has reproduced his heroics in two top class teams, something your beloved midget can only dream of.

Ok,your midget is an epitome of humility,let him just replicate his barca heroics at argentina,the only other team where he plays top level football.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
logica: That is why I told you teams win trophies, not individuals. Neither Xavi nor Iniesta transformed Spain. It was a team effort. And most of the kudos should actually go to the Barca management in the person of Guardiola who provided Spain with a crop of Barca players who had been well blended for years (right from the La Masia).

But has Messi set personal records? Yes he has. If it doesn't sit well with you, all I can offer you is my condolences.

Don't mind the cretinous product of a failed education system!

He would be taught how to use his brain today. He will finally realise the brain is meant to be used for reasoning!
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

Bla bla bla, fact is that,he has reproduced his heroics in two top class teams, something your beloved midget can only dream of.

Ok,your midget is an epitome of humility,let him just replicate his barca heroics at argentina,the only other team where he plays top level football.

You are a person!

Tell me what Cristiano has done in club and national teams that Messi has not done!
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by pazienza(m): 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
logica: That is why I told you teams win trophies, not individuals. Neither Xavi nor Iniesta transformed Spain. It was a team effort. And most of the kudos should actually go to the Barca management in the person of Guardiola who provided Spain with a crop of Barca players who had been well blended for years (right from the La Masia).

This is absolute trash,teams win trophies yes,but there are players a team can't win trophies without. And for spain,those players are xavi/iniesta. Xav/iniesta in barca as engine of the team,barca wins trophies,xavi and iniesta in spain as the team engine,spain wins trophies, it can't be a coincidence.

It's funny how you messi fan boys keeps shifting the goal post to suit your midget god,not long ago,you were trying to chalk up muller's achievements to benckenbuer, and when i did the same for messi, using xavi/iniesta,your tone changed. SMH.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by jjeeff(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Cretin, so Messi is suppose to do the defending as well if his team can not prevent goals while he bangs them in?

.men slw down on him...jeez u r haRSH
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Chanchit: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Leave my meat o!

Leave my meat o!

Make una leave my person meat o!

I am not giving you or sharing any part of this meat. I am consuming it alone! cheesy

Abeg, send that meat to me when you are through with him, let me help his condition with 50 naira, to go and swim inside Kanji Dam.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by tomakint: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
The pictures below are the reasons why I called him "OluwaMessi"! He is a "Football Genius"! Congrats OluwaMessi, o ti daaju (you are too good)!!!

Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by dmcdad: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
jjeeff: .men slw down on him...jeez u r haRSH
**Enjoying the showdown**
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by pazienza(m): 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Tell me what Cristiano has done in club and national teams that Messi has not done!

Cretin,we are not talking about club/national teams here. We are talking about replicating ones heroics at two or more teams(be it national or club sides) playing at a top level competition.

Ronaldo has done that with man u and madrid, your midget is still stuck at barca,and since he won't leave barca,we at least expect midget to replicate his barca heroics at the only other team that plays top level competition,that he plays for, the name of this team is argentina national team,and thrice,the midget has failed.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by tomakint: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
.....and just like that, OluwaMessi is picking up another Ballon d'Or come January 7th, 2013 making it a record 4 consecutive Ballon d'Or Awards for any footballer in the history of the game, Ronaldo and Mourinho go tire for chasing this bionic man!!! cheesy

Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

This is absolute trash,teams win trophies yes,but there are players a team can't win trophies without. And for spain,those players are xavi/iniesta. Xav/iniesta in barca as engine of the team,barca wins trophies,xavi and iniesta in spain as the team engine,spain wins trophies, it can't be a coincidence.

It's funny how you messi fan boys keeps shifting the goal post to suit your midget god,not long ago,you were trying to chalk up muller's achievements to benckenbuer, and when i did the same for messi, using xavi/iniesta,your tone changed. SMH.

You are a person!

So you named 2 players? Why not one?

What makes you think if you dash Argentina Iniesta to join Messi, Argentina would not win things?

Cretin!

Secondly, person, it is not about Iniesta and Xavi, it is about the La Masia training most Spain players have learnt or seen in action that makes Spain good. Iniesta and Xavi are just the best at it.

Chanchit:

Abeg, send that meat to me when you are through with him, let me help his condition with 50 naira, to go and swim inside Kanji Dam.

I will send you the thighs. grin

A person that says a player that has been named best in the world 3 consecutive times and who is definitely going to win it for the 4th year is not great?

Na special Kotangora pepper I go use suya am!

He is running from my questions at the moment. grin
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by logica(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

I don't think you know how to read. In the same post in which I told you Beckenbauer was the star player of Bayern Munchen and Germany during the era of Muller, I also mentioned that teams win trophies not individuals. Muller's goals contributed to wins, but without Beckenbauer they were not enough. Likewise Xavi and Iniestas contributions would be nothing without the leadership and defensive acumen of Puyol. Kapishe?
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by pazienza(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

A great player inspires his team to victory,messi has failed to do that so far for argentina. Go and and read about eusebio and his crappy portugal team,there is more to being a great player than just scoring goals. Cretin.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

A great player inspires his team to victory,messi has failed to do that so far for argentina. Go and and read about eusebio and his crappy portugal team,there is more to being a great player than just scoring goals. Cretin.

You are a person!

Where did you get the great player inspires his team to victory as priority?

You make such a moronic statement and then mentioned Eusebio.

What cup did Eusebio inspire portugal to win, person?

You are realising you are dumb?
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Then answer my questions FOOOOOOL!

So George Best was not a great player, cretin?

Van Basten is a great player and Messi is not, fool?

The same Messi that has scored more goals than Van Basten in his national team at a younger age?

person, what has Cristiano done with his national team?

Cretin, what makes Cristiano a great player and Messi not?

What is Cristiano's goals per game in the national team compared to Messi, person!

Ronaldo of Brazil is a great player but Messi is not? Your brain needs to be blown to pieces!
Does it mean u dnt hav anytin to do to change dis ur present condition....U lost ur job doesnt mean u shuld start cursing people around,God can still change ur life no mata wat u are going 2ru.Pls send ur C.V to diamond bank they are recruiting new members,who knows u might be lucky.Those guys u mentioned aboved are far more beta than u.Pls my brother logout and curse no more.God bless u
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by logica(m): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

Um, firstly it seems you don't have current news. You are stuck in the past. Messi's goals this year for Argentina have inspired victories. And if you want to speak of the World Cup here goes:

Johan Cruyff
Ruud Gullit
Frank Rijkaard
Marco van Basten
Zico
Socrates

All great players, yet could not inspire their teams to win World Cups. Yet they are rated ahead of:

Paolo Rossi
Mario Kempes
Bobby Charlton

...who actually won World Cups.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by solomonkane(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
logica: LOL. Who was the star player of West Germany and Bayern Munchen in that era? Do you think it was Muller? Dude you need an education in football. West Germany and Bayern Munchen had a star-studded set and their star player was no other than Franz Beckenbauer (generally regarded as the master and first libero/sweeper); and it was his leadership and unique style of play that contributed more to both the wins at the World Cup for Germany and the Champions League for Bayern Munchen amongst other trophies. Not JUST Muller's goals. Without Beckenbauer, Muller would have been like Just Fontaine - a prolific scorer with no trophies to show. And to realize how important Beckenbauer was, he was the first defender to be considered "best player" - usually reserved for attackers. So you see; teams win trophies. Not individuals.

Waste not your time, you are arguing with footballing neophytes. Gerd Muller played at club (Bayern Munchen) and national team level with star players like Wolfgang Overath, Berti Vogts, Uli Hoenesess, Paul Breitner, Sepp Maier, Jupp Heynckes et al.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by pazienza(m): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
logica: I don't think you know how to read. In the same post in which I told you Beckenbauer was the star player of Bayern Munchen and Germany during the era of Muller, I also mentioned that teams win trophies not individuals. Muller's goals contributed to wins, but without Beckenbauer they were not enough. Likewise Xavi and Iniestas contributions would be nothing without the leadership and defensive acumen of Puyol. Kapishe?
Spain can do without puyol,all they needed was iniesta and xavi,we saw that during the last euro,everyone else in that team is replaceable.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by logica(m): 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
solomonkane:

Waste not your time, you are arguing with footballing neophytes. Gerd Muller played at club (Bayern Munchen) and national team level with star players like Wolfgang Overath, Berti Vogts, Uli Hoenesess, Paul Breitner, Sepp Maier, Jupp Heynckes et al.
A team that went on to produce so many world beating football managers!
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by joshuaidibia(m): 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
somtyms. d way dey tok abt ds messi,mks hm luk lyk hs s sm kinda god (futball diety)
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
flinspiero: Does it mean u dnt hav anytin to do to change dis ur present condition....U lost ur job doesnt mean u shuld start cursing people around,God can still change ur life no mata wat u are going 2ru.Pls send ur C.V to diamond bank they are recruiting new members,who knows u might be lucky.Those guys u mentioned aboved are far more beta than u.Pls my brother logout and curse no more.God bless u

You are a moronic person!

You think I am in Nigeria suffering with you?
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by dmcdad: 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
joshua idibia: somtyms. d way dey tok abt ds messi,mks hm luk lyk hs s sm kinda god (futball diety)
Ehen?
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by dmcdad: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Lol..
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza: .

person, why are you running from my questions?

Is it because it is dawning on you that you are dumb?
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by pazienza(m): 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Where did you get the great player inspires his team to victory as priority?

You make such a moronic statement and then mentioned Eusebio.

What cup did Eusebio inspire portugal to win, person?

You are realising you are dumb?

Cretin, eusebio inspired his crappy portugal team to a world cup semi final,considering the fact that your midget has not been able to replicate this feat,even with a star studded argentina team,i would eusebio's feat a victory.
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by pazienza(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Ewu,so because you are in UK washing corpse and toilets,you feel like you have arrived, cretin!
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

Cretin, eusebio inspired his crappy portugal team to a world cup semi final,considering the fact that your midget has not been able to replicate this feat,even with a star studded argentina team,i would eusebio's feat a victory.

You are a person!

So your moronic criteria does not stand a simple test?

Is a semi-final vitory?

So where did Eusebio inspire Portugal to victory?

pazienza:

Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

U are nt in nigeria doesnt mean u nt suffering.Wat i said is dat u shuld cm bak and luk 4 smtin to do to be useful to ur family.U are old enough 4 dis kind of e-ranting.messi doesnt care if u exist either do ronaldo.Mehn! U nid to go and get a life,unles u wil end up achieving notin....Everytime person person person,stop claiming wat u are nt my frnd wake up
Re: Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year by Sagamite(m): 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
pazienza:

Ewu,so because you are in UK washing corpse and toilets,you feel like you have arrived, cretin!

You are a person!

Is that what your relatives come to do in UK so you think everyone in UK does that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Borussia Dortmund: UCL (3 - 1) On 27th November 2019 / Chelsea Vs Salzburg UCL (1 - 1) On 14th September 2021 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 5th March 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.