Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,445 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? (12653 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 11, 2012
I don't drink, my hubby does not drink and we are fine cool

1 Like

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by minute(f): 4:00am On Dec 11, 2012
I'll go out on a limb and assume you are under 21 . . .

You sound like a 5 year old who doesn't understand why people have sexxx . . .

Don't knock it till you try it. Some women use it as a means of escape.

Get some hairs on your chest and go through some of life's real tolls,

and you'll have a great perspective on what it means to "get away"
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 11, 2012
jennykadry: I don't drink, my hubby does not drink and we are fine cool
WORD.
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by inuyasha01(m): 6:02am On Dec 11, 2012
Francheezy: e get sum k!nd quest!0n wey sum piple n0 suPP0se deY ask
W!sh k!nd quest!0n b d!z naw ?

If you no get answer abeg waka pass
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by OCTAVO: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2012
percipi1:

Thanks. Sincerely i believe the Op is either too immature to ask intelligent questions or lack adequate exposure in civil ethics. Married women do not live under one single norm. Their social behaviors are determined by ethics which are socially acceptable to their community. An uneducated married woman may frown at alcohol intake while a married female pilot will enjoy a pint. Some religious orders disallow alcohol while others accept it in moderation. The OP's question should have been directed at people of his social status (with apologies uneducated and native married women)
Wawa banza kawai!!!
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by DeGenius3(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
it is really irresponsible for married women to drink alcohol.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by dasparrow: 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
OCTAVO: Seriously, I see this as height of irresponsibility!
If you have a different view, let‘s hear you out.

Live and let live. What is your business with what others do as long as it is not harming anyone? As long as a married woman drinks responsibly, then I don't see a problem. Besides, why are you only focusing on the women? Why don't you equally focus on married men who drink and those who commit adultery and infect their gullible or unsuspecting wives with all sorts of STD/STIs?

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Elise1: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
ItsModella: Like seriously? There is absolutely nothing wrong with a married woman drinking alcohol. Like someone said earlier, moderation is the key. Alcohol has its benefits but when one drinks out of hand, that is when it becomes a problem. A glass of wine doesn't hurt neither does it put you under the influence (unless that is your first time). Besides, drinking is a habit one cultivates. A responsible drinker knows when to stop drinking to avoid getting drunk.

Abi o, tell them, hypocrite
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
Lol @ best sex ever is when you are drunk.... You all must be kidding me..... So, all the places I have done it undrunk is useless eh kwa? Missing out Ko

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Michymi: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
eikeem: Alcohol does not favour any particular gender,but alcohol doesn't also solely determine how responsible a man or woman may be. I know people who don't drink alcohol but very irresponsible.
Personally, any act that undermines your level of responsibility should be discouraged - whether you are married or not.

Gbammest Gbam
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
jennykadry: Lol @ best sex ever is when you are drunk.... You all must be kidding me..... So, all the places I have done it undrunk is useless eh kwa? Missing out Ko

Imagine the nonsense. Missing out on drunken sex? Rubbish.

I very occasionally will have a margarita or a mixed drink, so I'm not saying married women should not drink.
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
De-Genius:
it is really irresponsible for married women to drink alcohol.
no its not
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
coogar:

if drinking alcohol is not fun, what is it then? torture?
what other ways are there to catch fun? adultery? grin

still at work - so no alcohol in the system yet.
can't wait to get home and do some hennessey - the weather is freezing!

don't mind the "holier than thou" crew......they have a problem with a married woman drinking but would not hesitate to impregnate silifat(their next door neighbour's housemaid)
i tire o
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
greatgod2012: In my own opinion, whether man or woman, married or unmarried, alcohol is not to be encouraged.
I disagree with you. Moderate intake of alcohol has been proven to improve intelligence and help the heart.
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
nipeks001:
moderation you say.Do you think anybody really want to be drinking 5 bottles per day?NO!!!!!,It all starts from a cup to a bottle then 5.We all know it's addicting.Only a person deceiving himself will say"i will only take a cup"
I disagree. There are people who are able to watch the quantity they take. Not everyone is addicted
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by solomonorigbo: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
This is my own point , be it woman or man it is not adviced to drink alcohol because it is not health wise.alcohol causes some liver and kidney diseases.
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by uzoexcel(m): 12:10am On Dec 12, 2012
first tyme u makn sense...keeeep it up grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kobojunkie:

So @Op, when a women gets married, does she seize to be human or something? I really don't understand how some of you think. What is it about alcohol that is bad for a married woman but good/ok for a married man? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Denise216(f): 6:41am On Dec 12, 2012
nikegbade: What kind of example will u be, as a mother to your kids?? I wonder how u'l be under influence of alcohol $ u'l at the same time kiss, play,$ probably do ur kids homework. Let's live a reponsible life

Being a little dramatic there. Your folks probably drank just not around you (and maybe because of you). After all mothers do and put up with they deserve a glass of wine every now and then.
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2012
ileobatojo:

Imagine the nonsense. Missing out on drunken sex? Rubbish.

I very occasionally will have a margarita or a mixed drink, so I'm not saying married women should not drink.

You can imagine my shock when I read that. Abeg debrief can continue to enjoy her drunken sex. If getting drunk is the best way of experiencing one of the best things (sex) God gave to man kind ever, then I better not experience at all. How can I have the best sex with a breath that stinks of alcohol? Are you kidding me? How can I enjoy The kissing? My husband does not have to be drunk to show me the tiger in him and vice versa, I am well trained in zoology and wild life cool

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by vm26: 8:24am On Dec 12, 2012
Why not?is marriage a prison geeeeez angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 12, 2012
some-girl:
should married men drink?
no angry
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
jennykadry: I don't drink, my hubby does not drink and we are fine cool

I believe u. grin
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
jennykadry:

You can imagine my shock when I read that. Abeg debrief can continue to enjoy her drunken sex. If getting drunk is the best way of experiencing one of the best things (sex) God gave to man kind ever, then I better not experience at all. How can I have the best sex with a breath that stinks of alcohol? Are you kidding me? How can I enjoy The kissing? My husband does not have to be drunk to show me the tiger in him and vice versa, I am well trained in zoology and wild life cool

Lol. I hate d breath really and it's a major turn off. If my hubby thinks getting me drunk will make me perform, he is so OYO. Cos I go just sleep off like a log of wood.lol. Na only him go do the thing. grin
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Lol. I hate d breath really and it's a major turn off. If my hubby thinks getting me drunk will make me perform, he is so OYO. Cos I go just sleep off like a log of wood.lol. Na only him go do the thing. grin

depends what you drank jare. Beer breath is quite awful, wine and cocktail breaths are not so bad.
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by AjanleKoko: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
Na wa oh. See protests shocked
Naija women like to bottle sha grin
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
naijababe:

depends what you drank jare. Beer breath is quite awful, wine and cocktail breaths are not so bad.

We don't do beer. cheesy

I agree that wine n cocktail breath's not so bad cos I can still kiss afterwards. grin

But to do the main thing when I'm tipsy...na to sleep remain jare esp if it's a working day. I will be too tired.
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
AjanleKoko: Na wa oh. See protests shocked
Naija women like to bottle sha grin

before nko? grin

Tgirl4real:

We don't do beer. cheesy

I agree that wine n cocktail breath's not so bad cos I can still afterwards. grin

But to do the main thing when I'm tipsy...na to sleep remain jare.

Mehn, after a few Jagerbomb! I swear na collabo right outta heaven grin
Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by busybee24: 1:00am On Dec 13, 2012
not the fact that our nation is in tatters..
that the infrastructure resembles that of a 4th world country
the hospital equipment is from the dark ages
the education is going to hell in a hand basket
our leaders are stealing us blind
fuel subsidy fiasco
corruption
life is worth nothing
but hey of course a married woman drinking is a 100% worse than all these
#misplacedpriorities
#wearefucked

1 Like

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by navygrl: 1:04am On Dec 13, 2012
Of course not. Don't women know their lives are basically over she they marry. No drinking, smoking, hanging out with single friend, no speaking to divorced friends or fam, no male friends, no cutting hair, no wearing of pants or shorts or swimsuits, no going out without permission, have an allowance. Oy vey

1 Like

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Dec 13, 2012
navygrl: Of course not. Don't women know their lives are basically over she they marry. No drinking, smoking, hanging out with single friend, no speaking to divorced friends or fam, no male friends, no cutting hair, no wearing of pants or shorts or swimsuits, no going out without permission, have an allowance. Oy vey

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2012
No Where did I mention that we drink beer, wine and baaileys and to the best of my knowledge that hasn't given us bad breath.
Also no where did I mention thaat we only have s3x when we get drunk, we don't even get drunk just a little tipsy, and its a once in a while thing not even weekly or monthly, once in a while.
What works for you works for you don't twist my words oh.

Alcohol doesn't mean beer, I have and neither has my husband ever drank a bottle of beer, wine is as far as we go. Everything should be done in moderation.
As far as I know, we have never and will never get drunk. I don't know how many bottles of baileys it will take to get us drunk but between us it takes months to finish one bottle, yes tipsy and naughtuy but never drunk.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2012
jennykadry:

she didn't mean being drunk. Anyway dats ur opinion nd dats her opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traditional, Church Or Registry: The Right Date For Marriage Anniversary? / How's Your Relationship With Your Parent / 82-Year-Old Woman Missing In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.