Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,234 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Simple Spiritual Equation - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Simple Spiritual Equation (1600 Views)

Sadaqah(charity): A Voluntary Act With Immense Spiritual Reward / Ihsaan - The Spiritual Essence Of Islam / Ramadan Is Here Again: What's Your Spiritual Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
Both Books (the Bible and Quran) agree that Jesus is the 'word' of God: Quran 4:171, John 1:1-2.

You cannot correctly separate a speaker from his word. Therefore if you equate Jesus with God's word as said by both Books in the following statements, what do you arrive at?

God's word is God Himself speaking. God's word = Jesus is God Himself speaking. Isn't it?

Salvation came only by God's word = Jesus. Isn't it?

Revelations contrary to God's word=Jesus is false. Isn't it?

It was this God's word that became Jesus in Mary's womb. Isn't it?

Since Jesus is God's word, any revelations in any other religions that contradict Jesus (God's word) is not the word of God and by implication, it is from satan. This is because any word that is not God's word (Jesus) is not from God.

Questions:

1. What is God's word (Jesus teaching) on marriage? What is other contrary religions' teaching about this? Have many wives? That is not God's word.

2. What is God's word (Jesus teaching) on paradise/heaven? God's word (Jesus) said we shall be like angels who have no male or female. A paradise full of women for se.x is not God's word.

3. What is God's word (Jesus teaching) on peace and revenge? God's word (Jesus) said love everybody as yourself, no fighting, no killing in defence of religion or God. Anything different from this is not God's word.

4. What is God's word (Jesus teaching) on sin and salvation? John 14:6. God's word (Jesus) said is the only true way to God. Any contrary revelation is not God's word.

Any revelations or teachings different from that of God's word (Jesus) is false and satanic.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hi Truthman,

I do not think, i have had a discussion with you before. I hope i can help you clarify things.

First of all, the understanding of Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him) as His Word directed to Mary is totally different from the understanding, you have presented above.

Now, let me quote the ayah you presented:

People of the Book, do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Surah 4:171)

Now what exactly does His word directed to Mary mean? well, we find out from the Quran as well.

Allah says in the Quran:

She said, ‘My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me?’ [The angel] said, ‘This is how God creates what He will: when He has ordained something, He only says, “Be”, and it is. (Surah 3:47)

The word directed to Mary is the command 'Be' and Jesus became....

Now Jesus is the manifestation of a command of God, that word from God directed to Mary.

He is a slave and a messenger of God ... God says the same things about the creation of Adam, a command from God as well

In God’s eyes Jesus is just like Adam: He created him from dust, said to him, ‘Be’, and he was. This is the truth from your Lord, so do not be one of those who doubt. (Surah 3:59-60)

So your understanding of what Jesus as a word directed to Mary is totally different from the muslim understanding.

Jesus is just a manifestation of the command of God, Just like Adam and many other things in the Universe.

I hope i have clarified the Islamic Understanding of what a word from God means...
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2012
Hello Tbaba.

I like your mature way of presentation. You are a refined gentleman like ghazzal.

But I don't want to agree with you that Jesus was like Adam. Adam was made of clay while Jesus was God's spoken word. The nature of Adam is the same as me and you and other prophets but Jesus had a divine nature as He had no earthly father.

Besides, as a spirit from God, Jesus had been in heaven with God for an infinite period of time before He came to the world. It means He had been existing before His birth which cannot be said of Adam or me and you or any prophets.

Because Jesus had been with God from eternity to eternity, He knew God and heaven so well and that is why His account is authentic. Jesus said ''he that has seen me has seen the father -God'' (John 14:7-11). This means whatever Jesus said it was God saying it.

It was only in the Bible we have the words and teachings of Jesus and there has been no falsification of them up till now because the Devil has not succeeded in falsifying them.

I still strongly maintain that any revelations or statements which contradict the words and teachings of Jesus on any area of life is not from God as He (God) cannot be inconsistent.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 9:32am On Dec 12, 2012
Hi,

All humans are spirits from God. The Arabic word is ruh. We are made up of the body and the Ruh.

The Quran talk of the Creation of Adam (peace and blessings of God be upon him) like this:

Your Lord said to the angels, ‘I will create a mortal out of dried clay, formed from dark mud. When I have fashioned him and breathed My spirit into him, bow down before him,’ and the angels all did so.

Adam was made out of clay with no parents... Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him) (also out of the essense of clay) with only a mother.

One had no parents, the other had a mother

Which of these is greater?

You see, we were all created, including Jesus(peace and blessings of God be upon him). Jesus(peace and blessings of God be upon him) was needy, that was why he prayed. He was human so he was tempted. He was hungry so he ate. he was thirsty so he drank. This is how God clarifies his signs for people who do some reflection.

You will not find any unequivocal verse in the bible where Jesus called for people to worship him.

Jesus Says: I of myself can do nothing
Christians says: There is nothing Jesus cannot do

Jesus says: None is good but the father.
Christian say: Jesus is good, sinless, perfect

Jesus says: Thou shall worship the lord your God only
Christian says: We worship God with Jesus and holy spirit and force them to be one.

As muslims, we believe that prophets were seen to the centers of every nation to deliver the same message, worship the one God on His terms.

We also believe that the messengers were given books.

Moses -Torah
Jesus -Gospel (NOT the new testament)
Muhammad- Quran

(peace and blessings of God be upon them)

Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel not to the .entire world. He was a representative of God to the people just like other prophets were to their people

We do not have the message of Jesus because we do not even know the authors of the gospels in your bible. Who is mathew, mark, luke and John? These are anonymous people. We know very little about them. I disagree with your claim of no falsification, we have verses of the bible that were later addition. For instance, the gospel of Mark originally had nothing on crucifixion and ressurrection, It was a later addition.

Get a red letter bible where only the words of Jesus are highlighted according to your gospels and see if he called for people to worship him , the way christians do today.

The Quran confirms what is true from what you have and what is incorrect.

If you are interested in reading the translated Quran, Have this PDF copy.

Pdf copy:http://asadullahali.files./2010/09/the_quran.pdf

I hope i clarified the Islamic understanding of who Jesus was. May the peace and blessings of God be upon him. Amin.

1 Like

Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
1. Jesus as a spirit from God. A man including Adam has no pre-existence before birth or creation but Jesus had. Jesus said He knew God and was from Him (John 7:28-29). This why He was a spirit from God and not the general term you refer to as ''ruh'' for everybody. Your Quran specifically said so to Jesus as it never said the same for other prophets.

2. Worship of Jesus. The wise men worshiped Jesus as a baby (Matthew 2:11) It means it is wise people that worship Jesus. Herod knew Jesus deserved to be worshiped. Herod was a king and yet he said he would worship Jesus (Matthew 2:7-cool

Jesus Himself knew He is Lord (Matthew 7:21, Matthew 26:20-22). What do the faithfuls do to their Lord? Worship Him.

3. Jesus can do anything. Jesus can do all things because He said:
(a) Whatever (anything) we ask in His name, He will do it (John 14:13-14). (b) All power on earth and heaven have been given to Him (Matthew 28:18). This was a statement made after His death and ressurection.

4. None is good but the father. This is a language of humility, not wanting to ascribe goodness to Himself. How would you feel if somebody told you that you are a good man? Would you say 'yes' that is true?

5. Writers of the Gospel. Matthew was a publican, a tax collector who became a follower of Jesus. Luke was a physician who also became a follower of Jesus. The writers of the Gospel wrote the deed of Jesus and they needed not to write their own history that is why they are not popularly known. If you want to know more about the writers, you can search the google 'who was so-so in the Bible' and you will get enough info on them.

Jesus was sent to the whole world (John 3:16). Saying Jesus was sent to Istrael alone is like saying Mohammed was sent to the Arabs alone as Surah 14:4 says '' And We never sent a messanger save with the language of his folks, that he might make the message clearer for them.....''. I want to believe arabic is not your native language.

I am sure you believe Jesus came to this world and His activities were written down by some people. The written history of Jesus' deed is what is called the Gospel, which your Quran recorgnizes. This Gospel is not found anywhere else other than in the Bible.

May I ask you, who wrote the Gospel your Quran refers to? What is the content and where is it?

There is faith and truth. It is not what a man believes that really matters, the big question is, is it the truth that he believes? For example, an idol worshiper believes so much in his idol, but is it the truth? Islam and Christianity do not have the same message and belief. One must be wrong and the other right. The right is from God and the wrong from the Devil.

You may not believe me but I have seen a good christian who died and came back again because christians don't bury their dead immediately. There are many of such cases but this particular one happened in my church. He saw things in reality in heaven. The Bible says ''there is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved''
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by manmacho: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
you beleive what you want to believe but will never change the truth. you can try very hard to down play it, it will never stop popping up.

the reason Jesus was crucified was because he made himslf equal with God.

and the reason the apostles were killed is because they testify of this truth. why will anybody want to die because of a lie.

JESUS RECIEVED WORSHIP IN HIS LIFE TIME AND AFTER, THE KIND OF WORSHIP GOD RECEIVES

and please stop saying peace and blessing be upon him, all your so called prophet are gone and their fate is sealed you can never add to who they are now.

you should ask for blessing and peace that only Jesus can give

Jesus christ is not only what we read on the pages of the bible he his an EXPERIENCE WE HAVE you can't beat that
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by manmacho: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
truthman2012: 1. Jesus as a spirit from God. A man including Adam has no pre-existence before birth or creation but Jesus had. Jesus said He knew God and was from Him (John 7:28-29). This why He was a spirit from God and not the general term you refer to as ''ruh'' for everybody. Your Quran specifically said so to Jesus as it never said the same for other prophets.

2. Worship of Jesus. The wise men worshiped Jesus as a baby (Matthew 2:11) It means it is wise people that worship Jesus. Herod knew Jesus deserved to be worshiped. Herod was a king and yet he said he would worship Jesus (Matthew 2:7-cool

Jesus Himself knew He is Lord (Matthew 7:21, Matthew 26:20-22). What do the faithfuls do to their Lord? Worship Him.

3. Jesus can do anything. Jesus can do all things because He said:
(a) Whatever (anything) we ask in His name, He will do it (John 14:13-14). (b) All power on earth and heaven have been given to Him (Matthew 28:18). This was a statement made after His death and ressurection.

4. None is good but the father. This is a language of humility, not wanting to ascribe goodness to Himself. How would you feel if somebody told you that you are a good man? Would you say 'yes' that is true?

5. Writers of the Gospel. Matthew was a publican, a tax collector who became a follower of Jesus. Luke was a physician who also became a follower of Jesus. The writers of the Gospel wrote the deed of Jesus and they needed not to write their own history that is why they are not popularly known. If you want to know more about the writers, you can search the google 'who was so-so in the Bible' and you will get enough info on them.

Jesus was sent to the whole world (John 3:16). Saying Jesus was sent to Istrael alone is like saying Mohammed was sent to the Arabs alone as Surah 14:4 says '' And We never sent a messanger save with the language of his folks, that he might make the message clearer for them.....''. I want to believe arabic is not your native language.

I am sure you believe Jesus came to this world and His activities were written down by some people. The written history of Jesus' deed is what is called the Gospel, which your Quran recorgnizes. This Gospel is not found anywhere else other than in the Bible.

May I ask you, who wrote the Gospel your Quran refers to? What is the content and where is it?

There is faith and truth. It is not what a man believes that really matters, the big question is, is it the truth that he believes? For example, an idol worshiper believes so much in his idol, but is it the truth? Islam and Christianity do not have the same message and belief. One must be wrong and the other right. The right is from God and the wrong from the Devil.

You may not believe me but I have seen a good christian who died and came back again because christians don't bury their dead immediately. There are many of such cases but this particular one happened in my church. He saw things in reality in heaven. The Bible says ''there is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved''

i beleieve this response should seal this thread, it has practicaly floored further argument
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
You have made a number of assertions, i will talk about them one by one

Jesus as a spirit from God. A man including Adam has no pre-existence before birth or creation but Jesus had. Jesus said He knew God and was from Him (John 7:28-29). This why He was a spirit from God and not the general term you refer to as ''ruh'' for everybody. Your Quran specifically said so to Jesus as it never said the same for other prophets.

Again, all humans are ruh from God including Jesus: It is very clear from the Quran. Jesus is also called 'ruh' from God. There is no special term. The Quran is very clear about the position of the prophets including Jesus.

About Adam

Your Lord said to the angels, ‘I will create a mortal out of dried clay, formed from dark mud. When I have fashioned him and breathed My spirit into him, bow down before him,’ and the angels all did so. (Surah 15:28)

Then He moulded him; He breathed from His Spirit into him; He gave you hearing, sight, and minds. How seldom you are grateful! (Surah 32:9)

When I have shaped him and breathed from My Spirit into him, bow down before him.’ (Surah 38:72)

The verse you quote actually proves that Jesus is subservient to God.

John 7:28-29 “…I have not come of myself. I was sent by One who has the right to send, and Him you do not know. I know Him because it is from Him I come; He sent me.”

Jesus is a messenger sent to people like other prophets

You know what, Let Jesus speak for himself.

WORDS

John 7:16 “Jesus answered them and said, ‘My doctrine is not mine, but His who sent me.’

John 14:24 “He who does not love me does not keep my words; and[b] the word which you hear is not mine but The Father’s who sent me.[/b]”

John 12:49 “For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.”

WILL

John 4:34 “Jesus said to them, ‘My food is to do the will of Him who sent me, and to accomplish His work.’ ”

John 6:38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me.”

Luke 22:42 “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from me; nevertheless not my will, but Yours, be done.”

Matthew 20:23 “…But sitting at my right hand or my left is not mine to give. That is for those to whom it has been reserved by my Father.”

POWER

John 5:19 “Verily, verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do…”

John 5:30 “I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is righteous, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the Father who sent me.”

John 8:42 “Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but He sent me.’ ”

John 15:2 “My Father takes away every branch in me that bears not fruit; he purges it; that it may bring forth more fruit.” Here, we see Jesus’ acknowledgement that he is an impefect sinner just like the rest of us; he too must be purged and purified.

John 8:31 “You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God This verse is one of the most explicit statements of Jesus denying divinity for it clearly defines Jesus’ position that he is subject to God and not God Himself. One only has to ask a simple question: Does God hears the truth from Himself?

KNOWLEDGE

Mark 13:32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

Matthew 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.”

John 7:16 So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but His who sent me.”

We quickly notice that according to the Biblical Jesus, God is omniscient, but Jesus is not. God has a superior intellect to Jesus; in other words, God knows something that Jesus does not know. Another clear proof that they are not equal.

VISIBILITY

While thousands saw Jesus and heard his voice, Jesus himself said that this could not be done with God when he said:

John 1:18 “No man hath seen God at any time.”

John 5:37 “Ye have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His shape.”

John 4:24 “God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

STATUS

Jesus’ statements throughout the Bible suggest that any idea of exalting him to divinity was unthinkable. Perhaps the clearest indication we have that Jesus(P) and God are not equal, and therefore not one and the same, come again from the mouth of Jesus(P) himself who said these following words:

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.”

Jesus(P) would not even accept the praise of a man who called him good:

Mark 10:18 “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.’ “

If Jesus(P) would not even allow himself to be called good, he certainly would not claim divine qualities.

Mark 12:29 Jesus(P) said “Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.” The words “our God” indicate that Jesus(P) had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus(P) didn’t say “Your God”. He said “our God”, which includes Jesus(P) as the creation of God.

Other similar quotes:

Luke 22:42 “…not my will but Thine be done”

John 5:30 “I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which has sent me.”

John 7:16 “Jesus said: ‘My doctrine is not my own; it comes from Him who sent me.’”

John 7:28-29 “…I have not come of myself. I was sent by One who has the right to send, and Him you do not know. I know Him because it is from Him I come; He sent me.”

John 8:50 “And I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.

These are the words of the man, you worship, the Question is: Are you following the words of Jesus or what you want to believe?
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
Worship of Jesus. The wise men worshiped Jesus as a baby (Matthew 2:11) It means it is wise people that worship Jesus. Herod knew Jesus deserved to be worshiped. Herod was a king and yet he said he would worship Jesus (Matthew 2:7-

You are yet to show me where Jesus himself asked his followers to worship him. All i ask is one verse where he says: I am God, worship me

Now let's examine the verse: "And when they (wise men from east) were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and (they) fell down, and worshipped him." Matthew 2:11

The Greek word used by the apostle in the above verse is 'prosekunesan'. It is derived from 'proskuneo' (4352), which literally means bow, crouch, crawl, kneel or prostrate.

The three wise men were looking for the prophesied Messiah. Upon seeing the one, they bowed to the ground and paid their homage which is expected. There is no text of their prayers. The editors of K.J.V. have mistranslated the text. Below are the two versions with the correct translations.

Study Supportive Passage:
In the 'New English Bible' the text of the quoted verse reads; 'bowed to the ground".

In the 'New Revised Standard Version' the text of the quoted verse reads: "they knelt down and paid him homage".

There is no worshipping of Jesus, there is no text of their prayers.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
Jesus can do anything. Jesus can do all things because He said:

Authority was given: meaning someone else owns it. God.

Besides according to the bible, authority was given the disciples to judge as well:

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

That must make the disciple God as well, right?? If one is Given authority over something, that is great but it implies there is a boss.

On John 14: 13-14

Jhn 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

According to John, Jesus talks about his inability to do anything without God,

Jesus does not call on himself when he prays.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
None is good but the father. This is a language of humility, not wanting to ascribe goodness to Himself. How would you feel if somebody told you that you are a good man? Would you say 'yes' that is true?

If he is God, he will have no problem saying he is Good... God does not need to be humble

Writers of the Gospel. Matthew was a publican, a tax collector who became a follower of Jesus. Luke was a physician who also became a follower of Jesus. The writers of the Gospel wrote the deed of Jesus and they needed not to write their own history that is why they are not popularly known. If you want to know more about the writers, you can search the google 'who was so-so in the Bible' and you will get enough info on them.

NONE of the gospels were written by disciples of Jesus

WHO IS MATHEW,MARK LUKE AND JOHN you know they were not the disciples of jesus:: Don't take it from me, Do your research.  Any bible scholar will tell you that. you can check out the references. They are not muslim references.

i will make it simple, just go to wikipedia.

for instance:

Mathew

Early Christian tradition held that the Gospel of Matthew was written in "Hebrew" (Aramaic, the language of Judea) by the apostle Matthew, the tax-collector and disciple of Jesus, but according to the majority of modern scholars it is UNLIKELY that this Gospel was written by an eyewitness.["Matthew, Gospel acc. to St." Cross, F. L., ed. The Oxford dictionary of the Christian church. New York: Oxford University Press. 2005]

Modern scholars interpret the tradition to mean that Papias, its source, writing about 125-150 CE, believed that Matthew had made a collection of the sayings of Jesus.Papias's description does not correspond well with what is known of the gospel: it was most probably written in Greek, not Aramaic or Hebrew[b], it depends on the Greek Gospels of Mark and on the hypothetical Q document, and it is not a collection of sayings[/b]. Although the identity of the author is unknown, the internal evidence of the Gospel suggests that he was an ethnic Jewish male scribe from a Hellenised city, possibly Antioch in Syria, and that he wrote between 70 and 100 CE using a variety of oral traditions and written sources about Jesus.

John

John 21:24 identifies the author of the Gospel of John as "the beloved disciple," and from the late 2nd century this figure, unnamed in the Gospel itself, was identified with John the son of Zebedee.[86] Today, however, most scholars agree that John 21 is an appendix to the Gospel, which originally ended at John 20:30-31.[ Barnabas Lindars, "John" (Sheffield Academic Press, 1990) p.11]

The majority of scholars date the Gospel of John to c. 80–95,[65][88] and propose that the author made use of two major sources, a "Signs" source (a collection of seven miracle stories) and a "Discourse" source.[89]

Luke

According to tradition the author was Luke the Evangelist, the companion of the Apostle Paul, but many modern scholars have expressed doubt and opinion on the subject is evenly divided.[ Raymond E. Brown, Introduction to the New Testament, New York: Anchor Bible (1997), pages 267–8. ]

Instead, they believe Luke-Acts was written by an anonymous Christian author who may not have been an eyewitness to any of the events recorded within the text. Some of the evidence cited comes from the text of Luke-Acts itself. In the preface to Luke, the author refers to having eyewitness testimony "handed down to us" and to having undertaken a "careful investigation", but the author does not mention his own name or explicitly claim to be an eyewitness to any of the events, except for the we passages. And in the we passages, the narrative is written in the first person plural— the author never refers to himself as "I" or "me". To those who are skeptical of an eyewitness author, the we passages are usually regarded as fragments of a second document, part of some earlier account, which was later incorporated into Acts by the later author of Luke-Acts, or simply a Greek rhetorical device used for sea voyages.[85]

Mark

According to tradition and early church fathers, the author is Mark the Evangelist, the companion of the apostle Peter.[72] T[b]he gospel, however, appears to rely on several underlying sources, varying in form and in theology, and which tells against the tradition that the gospel was based on Peter's preaching.[73] Various elements within the gospel, including the importance of the authority of Peter and the broadness of the basic theology, suggest that the author wrote in Syria or Palestine for a non-Jewish Christian community which had earlier absorbed the influence of pre-Pauline beliefs and then developed them further independent of Paul.[74]
[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible#cite_note-86

As you can see even the christian scholars do not even know who wrote these books,  No need to discuss further on this, do your own research. You can even send a mail to a scholar or something.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2012

John 3:16 is not a statement by Jesus...

What did jesus say according to your bible?

Mathew 15:24

New International Version (©1984)
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then Jesus said to the woman, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel."

English Standard Version (©2001)
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
He replied, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

International Standard Version (©2012)
But he replied, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
But he answered and said to them, “I am not sent except to the sheep that have strayed from the house of Israel.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Jesus responded, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

American King James Version
But he answered and said, I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

American Standard Version
But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he answering, said: I was not sent but to the sheep that are lost of the house of Israel.

Darby Bible Translation
But he answering said, I have not been sent save to the lost sheep of Israel's house.

English Revised Version
But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Webster's Bible Translation
But he answered and said, I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Weymouth New Testament
"I have only been sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel," He replied.

World English Bible
But he answered, "I wasn't sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Young's Literal Translation
and he answering said, 'I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'

What does the Quran say about the prophet?

106 There truly is a message in this for the servants of God! 107 It was only as a mercy that We sent you [Prophet] to all people
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2012

The Injeel in the Quran refers to the message given to Jesus. It does not have to be a written document. The Quran was revealed as recitation to people.

I agree, Truth is clear for falsehood. I am absolutely convinced about the truth of the Quran, it is beyond the productive capacity of a man. For more see: https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-season-1
https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran

As regards your friend who had a 'vision' of heaven... you might want to check out this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories
Those phenomenon are explained. Read through the thread, you might get a proper insight.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
Tbaba I must commend your efforts and knowledge. But what is next in your life is salvation, which I pray will be your portion in Jesus name. Knowing the word of God without salvation is knowing the 'letter' and the bible says letter killeth. I pray you will not know the bible for your own condemnation in Jesus name.

You have quoted severally from the bible but do you believe Jesus as the only source of salvation from hell fire? You sound like believing all Jesus said about His relationship with the father. This same Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life, no man can get to God except through Him (John 14:6), do you believe that? Matthew, Mark, Luke, John who you don't recorgnize were the ones who wrote your lengthy quotes on Jesus/God relationship which you are using as your points.

I once asked a question - Who wrote the Gospel that the quran refers to? Did you say it needed not be written? The works and words of prophets before Jesus were written, why not that of Jesus? Why is the quran in written form?

Mohammed was an illiterate man. Although he claimed he committed the revelations he received to memory yet you have it in written form, which you believe is authentic. Human memory can fail, people do forget things, it is human to forget. This why the English people have a saying that the faintest pen is better than the sharpest memory.

There are several reasons to doubt the quran. Firstly, Mohammed could not read and write. He had to dictate his revelations to somesone else. How are we sure it was what he dictated that was written as he could not verify them as an illiterate man.

Secondly, Quran narrations of history of events are disjointed and incomplete. For example, what did it say about the lives of Moses, Abraham, Noah etc. Nothing it said about how Abraham left his people at God'
s order, his marital life, children etc. Quran has no complete records of any prophet, or any event.

The quran is disjointed because he talks about an event and without completing it, it jumps to another only to return to it later when it is not relevant. How would a spiritual person believe such revelations. God is a God of order.

The Devil tried to use the quran to make the works and words of Jesus of no effect but as usual Jesus knows how to save his own even among the muslims.

Up till date there is no proof that Gabriel was sent by the true God. This is the reason for the failed attempt to legitimise Mohammed as the Comforter Who Jesus said the world cannot know because they could not see Him but lives inside us (John 14:17). I wonder if people did not know and see Mohammed.

It is Satan's strategy for muslims to bury their dead immediately. He knows a dead buried cannot come back to life again. If muslims are allowed to come back after death, nobody will remain a muslim after seeing what awaits him at death. Satan is a good strategist and very wicked.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 13, 2012
@ truth man 2012 .....

Ur question has been answered by Tbaba ... Which further clarification do u want ......

Discussion must be held Logically and constructively not dilly-dallying ....... I am expecting u to scripturally argue against what Tbaba has posted so far but u jumped to the chronological order of the Quran.......

U ve to read abt the revealation of the Quran, those that write the quran/memorise it MUST read what they have memorised back to Muhammed........

Am expecting u to bringforth area that's not clear 2 u in d quran!!!

Also, Upon all what Tbaba has posted to u,all u can tell him is '' next thing is ur life is SALVATION''

Truthman, Counter each and every claims/assertions by Tbaba not jumping from Abraham to moses-jesus-noah!!!
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dear Donroxy,

Tbaba has not said any new thing to be defended. His argument still centres on worship of Jesus and the writer of the Gospel in the Bible and I have correctly defended them. I don't need to keep repeating the same thing.

I asked tbaba the writers/authors of the Gospel the quran refers to and because he doesn't know any apart from the Bible, he said Gospel needed not be written. Why? Every one of God's prophets' words and deed have written documents, why is that of Jesus an exception?

I am still waiting for him to tell what the Gospel the quran talks about looks like, the author/s, the contents and where it can be found.

Surprisingly, Mathew. Mark. Luke, John and others that he doen't recorgnize as authentic writters of the Gospel are the people he quoted their writings to support his arguments. If he believes their writings and uses them to butress his points, how are they not authentic?
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by manmacho: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
I suppose this part of the scripture will minister to you, and answer all your question and argument

it is taken from Philip. 2: 6-11:

Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn’t think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn’t claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death—and the worst kind of death at that—a crucifixion.

9-11 Because of that obedience, God lifted him high and honored him far beyond anyone or anything, ever, so that all created beings in heaven and on earth—even those long ago dead and buried—will bow in worship before this Jesus Christ, and call out in praise that he is the Master of all, to the glorious honor of God the Father.

THE REASON JESUS WHILE ON EARTH NEEDED GOD WAS BECAUSE IN CAME COMPLETELY IN TH FORM OF MAN TO FULLFIL ALL THE REQUIREMENT OF THE LAW. HE STRIPPED HIMSELF OF ALL DEITY ABILITY READY TO DO WHAT NO MAN HAS EVER DONE IN THE FLESH; PERFECT AND FULFILMENT OF THE LAW.

TO DO THESE HE HAD TO RELY COMPLETELY ON GOD, HE DOES ONLY WHAT HIS FATHER IS DOING.

THIS WAS WHY HE PRAYED IN THE BOOK OF JOHN 17:5; And now, Father, glorify me with your very own splendor,
The very splendor I had in your presence Before there was a world.

THIS WAS THE WHO HE WAS BEFORE COMING IN THE FORM OF A MAN.

TODAY, IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION LISTEN TO JESUS SPEAK; REV. 1:17; And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me,[h] “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by tbaba1234: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
truthman2012: Tbaba I must commend your efforts and knowledge. But what is next in your life is salvation, which I pray will be your portion in Jesus name. Knowing the word of God without salvation is knowing the 'letter' and the bible says letter killeth. I pray you will not know the bible for your own condemnation in Jesus name.

You have quoted severally from the bible but do you believe Jesus as the only source of salvation from hell fire? You sound like believing all Jesus said about His relationship with the father. This same Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life, no man can get to God except through Him (John 14:6), do you believe that? Matthew, Mark, Luke, John who you don't recorgnize were the ones who wrote your lengthy quotes on Jesus/God relationship which you are using as your points.

Imagine, i came to you with a book, I say it is from a man inspired by God.

You ask:What is the name of this man?
I say :I don't know

You asK: what is their biography?
I say: Em... i don't know

You ask: How are they viewed in their communities?
I say: em... we do not know the communities they come from

You ask: How do you know, they are men of God?
I say: well, I just have faith... This is the word of God.

This is the story of your gospels, we do not know the writers or their biographies, we can not tell if they were rightheous men or not. We know they were not eyewitnesses. Yet,you hold religiously to what they say n ignore even the direct quotes recorded from Jesus (peace and blessings be upom him). Most of the verses that talk about some kind ofdivine nature for Jesus are found in John, the last of the four. It shows that there was an evolution to that stage, a loss of the original message. remove all thefluff, read only the words of Jesus as a whole and if you reason , you will know the message, Jesus came with.

Even though the authenticity of your books are in doubt, i have shown you that if you just read the words of Jesus in them without the authors words, youwill reach your own conclusions.

As long as i do what is expected of me, i will have salvation insha Allah. I do not need you praying in the name of anyone. If you really need guidance,ask from God himself sincerely and you will find it. Just say: Oh God, please guide me, sincerely and you will be guided.

I am not a muslim if i don't believe in Jesus. For the jews at the time of Jesus, the way to God was by obeying and following Jesus. It is a continuation of the same message.

I once asked a question - Who wrote the Gospel that the quran refers to? Did you say it needed not be written? The works and words of prophets before Jesus were written, why not that of Jesus? Why is the quran in written form?

Mohammed was an illiterate man. Although he claimed he committed the revelations he received to memory yet you have it in written form, which you believe is authentic. Human memory can fail, people do forget things, it is human to forget. This why the English people have a saying that the faintest pen is better than the sharpest memory.

There are several reasons to doubt the quran. Firstly, Mohammed could not read and write. He had to dictate his revelations to somesone else. How are we sure it was what he dictated that was written as he could not verify them as an illiterate man.

Secondly, Quran narrations of history of events are disjointed and incomplete. For example, what did it say about the lives of Moses, Abraham, Noah etc. Nothing it said about how Abraham left his people at God'
s order, his marital life, children etc. Quran has no complete records of any prophet, or any event.

The quran is disjointed because he talks about an event and without completing it, it jumps to another only to return to it later when it is not relevant. How would a spiritual person believe such revelations. God is a God of order.

Again, when the Quran talks about a book, it doesn't have to be written. Jesus was given words from God to relay to the people.That is the book.If it was written down, it is lost now because all you have are the gospels accordig to mark, mathew, luke and John. whoever they are!!!

Even what you call the torah was not written by moses. Even though it is clear that moses was given a book. Your first five books could not possibly be written by moses. Moses cauld not be writing about his death and burial when he is dead unless he was writing from the grave.

The Quran was not originally in written form all together. The prophet had about 41 scribes who wrote the Quran plus every muslim has a part of the Quran memorised and they recite the part memorized five times every day in prayer. The prophet reviewed their memorisation as well.
SO the quran was preserved not only by the memories of thousands of the prophet but by the scribes who wrote down the Quran. Within a year, of the prophet's ideath , it was compiled into a book by the chief scribe of the prophet and before any ayah (usually translated as verse)was written down there was a written version plus two people who memorised the ayah from the prophet.

There are so many reports about the transmission of the Quran that it is impossible that so many people from different parts of the world will agree on a lie. There are people today who can trace their memorisation of the Quran directly to the prphet from his companion.

The Quran as a text is more than a 1000 times more reliable as a text than the gospels.

The Quran is not a story book, stories told relate to the theme of the surah (Usually translated as chapter). It is so beautiful the way the Quran does that. I have studied the Quran and i can tell you , it is not reproducible by any man or Jinn.

The Devil tried to use the quran to make the works and words of Jesus of no effect but as usual Jesus knows how to save his own even among the muslims.

Up till date there is no proof that Gabriel was sent by the true God. This is the reason for the failed attempt to legitimise Mohammed as the Comforter Who Jesus said the world cannot know because they could not see Him but lives inside us (John 14:17). I wonder if people did not know and see Mohammed.

It is Satan's strategy for muslims to bury their dead immediately. He knows a dead buried cannot come back to life again. If muslims are allowed to come back after death, nobody will remain a muslim after seeing what awaits him at death. Satan is a good strategist and very wicked.

Yes, the satan is deceptive indeed. He make people reject the first commandment and take others besides God. He makes them reject the words of the prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) for the anonymous john and a man who never met him (paul).

Satan deceives them with illusions and false dreams that violate the oneness of God.

Satan deceives them when they refuse to use their reasoning ability even though they use it for everything else in their life

Satan deceives them when they equte Jesus to God even though Jesus prayed to God.

Yes indeed, Satn is deceptive.

Know that if you have tied your knot on associating partners with God, that God too has tied his knot. Yours is temporary, His is permanent.You too will come to know. I leave you with an ayah:

And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.
(Surah 5:116)
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by ghazzal: 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark

"The Gospel According to Mark (Greek: κατὰ Μᾶρκον εὐαγγέλιον, τὸ εὐαγγέλιον κατὰ Μᾶρκον, to euangelion kata Markon), commonly shortened to the Gospel of Mark or simply Mark, is the second book of the New Testament. This canonical account of the life of Jesus of Nazareth is one of the three synoptic gospels. It was thought to be an epitome, which accounts for its place as the second gospel in the Bible. However, most contemporary scholars now regard it as the earliest of the canonical gospels[1] (c 70).[2]"

"According to Papias of Hierapolis, writing in the early 2nd century, this gospel was by John Mark, the companion of Saint Paul in Rome, who "had one purpose only – to leave out nothing that he had heard, and to make no misstatement about it."[15] Other early writers such as Irenaeus agree with this.[16] "No early church tradition and no church father ascribes the Gospel to anyone other than Mark."[17] Some modern scholars believe that the gospel was written in Syria by an unknown Christian no earlier than AD 70, using various sources including a passion narrative (probably written), collections of miracles stories (oral or written), apocalyptic traditions (probably written), and disputations and didactic sayings (some possibly written).[5] Some of the material in Mark, however, goes back a very long way, representing an important source for historical information about Jesus.[5]"

above tells us that the book was not written earlier than 60 Yrs after Jesus Left the scene. The writer did not have any direct relationship with Jesus= all information by the writer are at least Third party information. Can anyone in-house please tell us how he tried to verify the authenticity of his information as i will want to believe most materials written in Jesus` time that are free to the public will be the ones acceptable by his enemies in leadership postion which may most likely not potray Jesus` real message. This and many others are the source of Mark as i will want to believe.

a contrary opinion is welcome as this is my own opinion based on above info from wikipedia.

May most high God in his mercy open our heart to the truth (which he knows) and guide us aright
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dear Ghazzal,

You are welcome to the thread. You tried to answer my question on authors of the Gospel but done incorrectly.

You said the Gospel is the message given to Jesus and that if written, it has lost. Right?

Why wouldn't it be written? There were several books of the prophets before Jesus which is called the Scriptures. Fortunately, your quran refers to the Scriptures severally. It means there were books and writers before Jesus. Were there no educated people in the time of Jesus that His records were not made in writing?

It is practically impossible that the whole writting about Jesus got lost. Was Jesus so unimportant that His own book among other books got lost and there are no copies anywhere? That is a lie of the Devil.

You said the quran talks about a book and it doesn't have to be written. What is a book? A book is written documents fastened together. I put it to you that your quran was talking about the Bible. The truth is like smoke, it cannot be covered.

You cannot say something is a fake if you do not know the original because the fake is an inferior copy of the original. It is when you place the original side by side with the fake that you identify the difference. To say the original Gospel (which you don't know) is lost and the fake is now available does not tally with good reasoning.

By the way, you talked about the direct words from Jesus without the authors's words in the Bible. Who wrote Jesus words? The people who were not eyewitnesses? If they were not eyewitnesses, how did they get His direct words? It further shows all the critisisms you people are making are done for the sake of criticizing the truth.

The quran was raised by the Devil against the Lord Jesus. The same he did in the time of Jesus when he raised the vain religious people against Him. That of islam is not new. The more anti-christ agents try to suppress the Gospel the more it explodes. Praise the living Jesus.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
Truthman,

As a monotheist, U and I believe that God's power is beyond the Imagination of man, Billion of years that Science claim this our planet earth has been in existence, we re still uncovering the secret behind the earth and we still have many we re yet to uncover!!!

All scriptures were given to the prophet/messenger consigned if u look @ it from this order ;

Quran stated;

Abraham has his scriptures it wasn't written by anybody after his demise........

David has his scriptures not written by anybody 4 him after his demise ; Zabur/psalm or something in d bible,

Moses has Torah ten commandement and not written after his demise ........ He came down with it from '' sinai''

Jesus' bible was an account of his life by his Apostles while Quran stated jesus also has his own scripture( not compiled bible by john,luke,mark,peter et all)

Quran is not a storybook...... Every chapter/ayah keep remindin the prophet abt how God/Allah (swt) dealth with those that associate patner with him or those that worship other gods....... And he shd relay same msg to the World!!!

U believe jesus was conceived via holy spirit when arch-angel Gabriel appear before Mary while u disbelieve same arch-angel Gabriel appear before Muhammad(saw)!!!!

Are u 2 doubt the power of ur lord,hmmm,truthman ?

xtians !!!!!
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2012
@donroxy

Thank you. You said different prophets at diferent times (including Jesus) had their Scriptures but not written. I have said something on this before but for you sake, I will repeat it for the last.

Ghazzah said the quran talks about a christian book which he said it needed not be written. I defined a book for him by saying ''a book is written documents fastened together''. You cannot call something a book and say it is not written. It was a frivolous defence.

You have said something similar by saying the prophets' Scriptures were not written. What is Scriptures? The Oxford Advanced Leaners' Dictionary defines scripture as the Holy Bible. It again defines it as the sacred BOOK of other religions. I think I don't need to define a book again.
Therefore it is incorrect to say the Scriptures were not written and it is the Bible.

You said the Gospel was not written by Matthew, Mark, Luke John. The Gospel as written Scriptures or documents was written by who?
Where can you find Gospel Scriptures written by others apart from these people?

You said quran is not a story book. There is a difference between story and history. The quran incompletely talked about Moses, Abraham, Jesus and other prophets who had gone long before. What do you call that?

You talked about angel Gabriel. I have reasons to believe that the angel Gabriel that spoke to Mary was not the same with the Gabriel that spoke to Mohammed. Firstly, the angel Gabriel that appeared to Mary was a gentle spirit. He told Mary that she was going to have a child who will be called the Son of God (Luke 1:35). The angel was so gentle that Mary could ask a question - she said how can this be when I know no man?

The Gabriel that came to Mohammed was a wild spirit (not a gentle spirit like that of Mary). He started by strangling Mohammed almost to the point of death three times forcing him to 'read'. The Gabriel knew Mohammed was an illiterate man, yet he punished him for his inability to read. Mohammed could not dare ask his Gabriel any question possibly for fear of torture. Was that an angel from God?

Again, Mohammed's Gabriel said Allah does not beget nor is He begotten, meaning Allah does not have a son. Mary's Gabriel said God's Son was to be born through her while Mohammed's Gabriel said Allah does not have a son. Can you see the clear differences between the two Gabriels? Anyone that is unbiased must see that the difference is clear.

The muslims are thinking of Jesus as a son brought to live vide se.xual relationship. No. Jesus is a spiritual Son of God. God is capable of doing anything He wants whether human being agree with Him or not.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Geewan(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2012
donroxy: @ truth man 2012 .....

Ur question has been answered by Tbaba ... Which further clarification do u want ......

Discussion must be held Logically and constructively not dilly-dallying ....... I am expecting u to scripturally argue against what Tbaba has posted so far but u jumped to the chronological order of the Quran.......

U ve to read abt the revealation of the Quran, those that write the quran/memorise it MUST read what they have memorised back to Muhammed........

Am expecting u to bringforth area that's not clear 2 u in d quran!!!

Also, Upon all what Tbaba has posted to u,all u can tell him is '' next thing is ur life is SALVATION''

Truthman, Counter each and every claims/assertions by Tbaba not jumping from Abraham to moses-jesus-noah!!!

One million likes!!!

1 Like

Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2012
@Geewan

For your information I have answered tbaba but if there is any one you think is not answered, let me know.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
Geewan:

One million likes!!!

@ truthman,

Nothing I could say here that shall be better-off what ''Tbaba'' has posted so far,

All I will say 2 u is God is a DYNAMIC God which u accepted, Simply cuz Arch-Angel Gabriel spoke to MARY mildly does that implies He spoke 2 muhammad Harshly.........

Moses fainted when he asked 4 God to be shown him, doesn't he, hmmm!!!

Ur arguement is based on ''MATERIALISM'' but God Almighty is beyond Material being.......

It's normal 4 a man 2 exhibit shock when he witnessed an unusual event same as Muhammad(swt), same as Moses!!!

There is no point in arguing cuz what u re trashing here may lead u 2 blashpemy against God u claimed u re Worshipping/praising....

The jews who still hold the Torah of Moses to their Heart till today despite their close affinity to xtianhood, they never believe in jesus christ as the Son of God nay Prophet....... !!!

Quran stated that ''Ur religion/ways is ur way while Mine is mine!!!!

Jesus is never the Son of God neither is He God also Jesus never claimed to be the ''Son of God, did he ?

Jesus keep telling the people to worship ''father''....... He said he has come to fulfil not his wish but the willand wish ''father'' ...... How could God be refering to another God to be worshipped/Praised..... Hahahaha,

On the cross, jesus call 2 God, eli eli..... How could God call 2 another God 2 come and rescue him or bringforth HIS(GOD') wish........ Stop confusing urself as this is simple with which common sense can decipher!!!!
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
@donroxy

Firsly, I am stating the truth, I am not into ordinary argument with anybody.

Secondly, you raised some issues which require my response, not an argument.

You said Jesus never claimed to be the Son of God. That is untrue. He did (John 9:35-38, John 10:36). God Himself confirmed it (Matthew 3:16-17, Luke 3:21-22, Mark 1:10-11).

You see, what the religious people in Jesus time were quarelling with was that Jesus called Himself the Son of God. The same thing religious people of today (muslims) are doing. This is the reason they deny the Gospel is not what Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote. Whereas they could not produce the Gospel written by any other.

You said Mohammed was only shocked at the sight of an angel. So, was he shocked the first, second and third time seeing an angel? Besides, the case was not that of shock, Gabriel physically strangled him to the bossom three times. This is how demons operate. They rule by instilling fear into their victims to force them to obey.

That christians call Jesus the Son of God is not their own making. It was the message of God delivered by the TRUE Gabriel, which was confirmed by God Himself.

God Himself never confirmed the message of Gabriel that appeared to Mohammed. Throughout the quranic revelations God did not speak a word. The only it appeared like God spoke at all was in Mohammed one night journey to paradise but that was only a dream - not a reality.

God could not have spoken to His prophet only in one night dream on what is as important as salvation of mankind. That was not how God dealt with His true prophets, He speaks to them directly. You never can trust a dream or interpret it perfectly.

Mohammed didn't need to be taken to paradise before God could speak to him. It was all a demonic manipulation.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 18, 2012
truthman2012: @donroxy

Firsly, I am stating the truth, I am not into ordinary argument with anybody.

Secondly, you raised some issues which require my response, not an argument.

You said Jesus never claimed to be the Son of God. That is untrue. He did (John 9:35-38, John 10:36). God Himself confirmed it (Matthew 3:16-17, Luke 3:21-22, Mark 1:10-11).

You see, what the religious people in Jesus time were quarelling with was that Jesus called Himself the Son of God. The same thing religious people of today (muslims) are doing. This is the reason they deny the Gospel is not what Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote. Whereas they could not produce the Gospel written by any other.

You said Mohammed was only shocked at the sight of an angel. So, was he shocked the first, second and third time seeing an angel? Besides, the case was not that of shock, Gabriel physically strangled him to the bossom three times. This is how demons operate. They rule by instilling fear into their victims to force them to obey.

That christians call Jesus the Son of God is not their own making. It was the message of God delivered by the TRUE Gabriel, which was confirmed by God Himself.

God Himself never confirmed the message of Gabriel that appeared to Mohammed. Throughout the quranic revelations God did not speak a word. The only it appeared like God spoke at all was in Mohammed one night journey to paradise but that was only a dream - not a reality.

God could not have spoken to His prophet only in one night dream on what is as important as salvation of mankind. That was not how God dealt with His true prophets, He speaks to them directly. You never can trust a dream or interpret it perfectly.

Mohammed didn't need to be taken to paradise before God could speak to him. It was all a demonic manipulation.

Truthman,

Ur falsehood is excellent, almighty Allah(swt) confirmed the Quran.... Check out this verses in the Holy Quran;

Quran 2 ; 2, 2;23, 5 v 3, 16 ; 44
15 ; 9 Gbam, Quran is confirmed......

Now ur turn, show me where jesus confirmed the Bible(new testament) or where God confirmed the bible(new testament) ? Ahahahaha,

Try 2 be logical and constructive in ur assertions by answering my questions, If jesus is God why was he calling another God on the cross 2 come 2 his rescue, why did he keep telling Isrealites abt Father in d heaven, why was he not asking them to worship him since he his God ? Hmmm, chairman

The words of Jesus are always written in pink/wine text in the bible not the word by ''john,mathew,luke,mark,st.paul''...... Show me in d bible where jesus claimed 2 be ''the son of God''.......

Jesus called himself the son of God is different from Mathew,Luke,Paul,john called him the son Of God, thats is what u failed 2 understand in the Holy-bible but me I understand.......

Afterall ,so many words were ascribed to jesus christ in d bible which are always written in wine texts which is d only distinct text in d bible apart from d black-text, u shd see that u re lieing now, u can't lie 4 God, it is demonic and satanic!!!!

There is never a text in the whole Bible,where jesus ascribed himself 2 be ''Son of God'' abi show me na?

The Holy Quran, check it from up 2 down, it is absolutely different from the bible which is written by second/third party, the quran is ''word of Allah/God Verbatim'' .....

Check the quran again and bring me a verse/Chapter which u think was a third/second party speech...... Each Verse/Chapter is God speaking 2 Muhammad/Mankind...... !!!

Bible is written by men,men,men, john,mathew,luke,mark, et all these are men inspired by PAUL Not GOD same Paul who condemned jesus when he was alive, ahahaaaha.

The jews(people of old religion) are not fool now, how would they make use of book from mathew,luke,john,Mark to worship God? When the are better-off with a book revealed to moses in their presence against an account by John,ezekiel,luke,mark!!

Oh Man, where did u read ur own history of muhammad(SAW), ahahaha, if Gabriel continue 2 strangled muhammad(saw), how was he able 2 to retrieve Quran ?

I likened the Bible 2 the hadith of muhammad(saw) cuz Hadith is a reported incidence gathered after the death of muhammad(Saw) same as Bible.

A book Gathered by man is full of human error and shall always be criticised,ahahahaha!!!!!
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 18, 2012
Truthman,

Almighty Allah has already warned me against U.......

Quran 2 vs 120..... Check it out dude

Quran 19 vs 88-93..... God has no Son, check it out.....

Just put the chapters and verses on Google, u shall get ur answer cuz me, i gat all versions of d bible i doubt u ve quran, hahahaha
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 18, 2012
Hahaha, Truthman, U re the one that determines what God could do and what HE could not do, when all monotheist believed God is omnipotent ,ahahahahaha!!!!

''God could not have spoken to his prophet only in one night dream'' regarding the issue of salvation 2 mankind ......... LOL

Truthman, the above is what u said oooooo ahahahahaha, Dude, i LOL so much 4 u!!! U make me laugh so much, dude, ahahahaha!!

U not being constructive was what actually prompted me to post a comment to this thread......

Kindly pick-up each biblical verse by ''Tbaba'' and counter his argument..... Thats is what is expected from logical and constructive criticism, not jumping from one assertion 2 another!!

U confirmed the dexterity and indepth knowledge of Holy bible by Tbaba.........

Upon what d Guy(Tbaba) has quoted from so many versions of the bible refuting Worshipping of Jesus or calling Jesus God.... From same bible which guide u oooo. It is INJUSTICE 4 u not 2 counter such quotation but mere telling d dude

''what is next in ur life is salvation'' ......

That is quite illogical and non-constructive!!!!

As for Truthman and Donroxy;

Quran 109 has already solved our issue .....
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

The Injeel in the Quran refers to the message given to Jesus. It does not have to be a written document. The Quran was revealed as recitation to people.

I agree, Truth is clear for falsehood. I am absolutely convinced about the truth of the Quran, it is beyond the productive capacity of a man. For more see: https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-season-1
https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran

As regards your friend who had a 'vision' of heaven... you might want to check out this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories
Those phenomenon are explained. Read through the thread, you might get a proper insight.

Thanks for your time.

you know what the word 'al quran' means right? You have enough Arabic knowledge to that the word mean compilation of books or something in that region. The way Islamic apologists try to make Arabic word mean what they are not especially when talking to non Arab speaking persons is a bad thing.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2012
@donroxy

I initially thought you were serious and that was why I wasted my time reacting to your posts. Your use of words shows you are a joker. Gbam, hahahaha, etc. You keep repeating the same thing.
Re: Simple Spiritual Equation by truthman2012(m): 8:51am On Dec 18, 2012
Mee234:
you know what the word 'al quran' means right? You have enough Arabic knowledge to that the word mean compilation of books or something in that region. The way Islamic apologists try to make Arabic word mean what they are not especially when talking to non Arab speaking persons is a bad thing.

Thanks, Mee.

I defined quran as a message of Satan delivered by demon Gabriel. How do I know? Demon Gabriel came to re-establish the denial of Jesus as the Son of God as done by the Pharicees and Saducees. That Jesus called Himself Son of God was the reason they killed Him. The quran is a continuation of the persecution of Jesus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Convert To Islam After Watching This Video / Who Chose Moon As Islamic Symbol ? / EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 231
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.