Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,866 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11007927 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) ... (7796) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nija4us: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2016
Has the market not priced fbnh already by keeping it in N4 region? Cos I believe it should be trading above N6 if not for the heavy exposure to oils and gas sector. What do you think? Plz What s the news on zenith that calls for caution?
OBAGADAFFI:
Guys more trouble for first bank, they have just been downgraded.

https://nationaldailyng.com/2015/firstbank-plc-in-trouble-says-global-rating-agency/

Also be careful with Zenith.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2016
Primetech:

what else can it be?

Brexit!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:00am On Jun 24, 2016
How does that affect our market
Manonamission:

Brexit!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Guys more trouble for first bank, they have just been downgraded.

https://nationaldailyng.com/2015/firstbank-plc-in-trouble-says-global-rating-agency/

Also be careful with Zenith.

The downgrade was just announced. Meanwhile it happened long before now when the profit warnings hit the market. Same applies to Diamond, Skye. FCMB's will be announced shortly. Thank you. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2016
fxuser:
small profit taking ongoing
offers >bids for now ! expected

#earyTrade
What-is-profit-taking?
This-is-Brexit-Bear.
Golden-opportunity-to-board-buses-you-had-missed.

(sorry-space-bar-problem)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:06am On Jun 24, 2016
debeey87:
How does that affect our market

Investors convert position to cash, grab popcorn and a bottle of coke, watch in 3D.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2016
No one knows for sure, the ramification of Brexit. A lot of speculations out there and largely negative too. We wait on world leaders to share their next line of action. Thank God it's a weekend. Hopefully, the markets will be calm by Monday when leaders that matter would have doused the tension with whatever they got.

End of a 40yr EU relationship is no joke

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rexceedo: 11:14am On Jun 24, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Bros, morning. Am kinda surprise u could say that. Am on Itrade n have been buying n selling for d Las 2 yrs. D reason y I ask d stock prices is dat where I am d network service is down poor which makes it impossible for me to login on Itrade. NOTE: No offends taken
You can still view the price, bid, offer and volume by clicking www.meritrade.com/new/overview.php
Nb; Login is irrelevant, provided you have access to internet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 11:17am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2016
nio68:
am hoping some of the monies from the exit positions in European markets triggered by Brexit would find its way to NSE

They can bring the the money to Africa, always welcome , meanwhile be like say some pple cashout for weekend ..lets see how monday go be
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Is the NSE trying to stage a comeback? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Zenith bank

Trade with caution.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Manonamission:

The downgrade was just announced. Meanwhile it happened long before now when the profit warnings hit the market. Same applies to Diamond, Skye. FCMB's will be announced shortly. Thank you. cheesy

Sir, stocks performances goes beyond upgrade or downgrade. It had to do with the forces behind it when it comes to NSE! Don't be carried away by those downgrade or upgrade. Just use it as your own yardstick! Best of luck grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2016
This is a 'Temp" pullback. Market will reverse towards closing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:37am On Jun 24, 2016
Godisfaithful:

Sir, stocks performances goes beyond upgrade or downgrade. It had to do with the forces behind it when it comes to NSE! Don't be carried away by those downgrade or upgrade. Just use it as your own yardstick! Best of luck grin

I know you have positions in FCMB and Diamond. But not to worry, like I posted initially, the downgrade is not news to the market. That was why I mentioned that of FCMB being next in line. My point is, the audited result, the basis of the downgrade just announced is known to everyone. So it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. It is not breaking news.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2016
nija4us:
Has the market not priced fbnh already by keeping it in N4 region? Cos I believe it should be trading above N6 if not for the heavy exposure to oils and gas sector. What do you think? Plz What s the news on zenith that calls for caution?

What market kept the price @N4? its all about demand and supply.

Any negative news about the bank will surely bring the price down.

Zenith bank management is currently being investigated for political funding, the CBN Governor (former Zenith bank MD) is also under investigation.

I am still positive, but lets trade with caution.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2016
Manonamission:

I know you have positions in FCMB and Diamond. But not to worry, like I posted initially, the downgrade is not news to the market. That was why I mentioned that of FCMB being next in line. My point is, the audited result, the basis of the downgrade just announced is known to everyone. So it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. It is not breaking news.

Sir, i have position in more than 5 banks not only FCMB grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:52am On Jun 24, 2016
Manonamission:

We know it happened long before,

But did you notice Skye bank has appreciated from 0.88(April) to 1.37(may), even with the unreleased result (GOOD/BAD)?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 11:53am On Jun 24, 2016
Manonamission:
Is the NSE trying to stage a comeback? cheesy

Possibly, the US guys will soon be joining us smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Possibly, the US guys will soon be joining us smiley

Gbam! I suspect the FPIs are now mopping up!

make una allow UCap fall more na! hian!!! angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hayyee2002: 11:58am On Jun 24, 2016
FIDSON ooo grin wink grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hayyee2002:

Any Intel on this stock, thinking of adding it to my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phetty(m): 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Coolcash1:

Any Intel on this stock, thinking of adding it to my portfolio

I think the market is only responding to the recent good news about the coy. I suspect sentiment is driving towards the stock

#MyLaymanOpinion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hayyee2002:
yeah...making money codedly.. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
What Cylinder is Transcorp running on?? shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ibe9ja: 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Brexit will be terrible for Africa’s largest economies

Nigeria: bad timing

Britain’s exit from the EU couldn’t have come at a worst time for Nigeria, Africa’s largest economy. At a time when the government is trying to fix an economy on the brink of a recession by removing strict currency controls and also liberalizing oil prices, the immediate effect of Brexit will test the nerves of Nigeria’s economic managers as global markets plummet.

Bilateral trade between Nigeria and the UK, currently valued at £6 billion (about $8.3 billion) and projected to reach £20 billion by 2020, will be disrupted as trade agreements made under the auspices of the EU have to be renegotiated.

“For Nigeria, global risk aversion as well as a softer oil price is likely to mean that new portfolio inflows are slow to materialize,” says Khan. “This may delay the normal functioning of the newly liberalized FX market.”

Data from the National Bureau of Statistics shows that the UK was Nigeria’s largest source of foreign investment in 2015. A slowing British economy and its reverberating effects could signal a drop in investment, trade, and also remittances from the Nigerian diaspora who sent home $21 billion in 2015.

Reduced trade and investment from Britain will not necessarily be plugged by the rest of the EU, say Lagos-based economist Tunji Andrews. “The EU will be looking to strengthen it’s internal ties, plus there’s cheaper oil from Iran, cheaper labor from China and the eastern block. There’s really nothing we have as a competitive advantage to them right now.”

Brexit is already fueling other independence campaigns. Within hours of the vote, leaders in France and Holland, Italy and Denmark called for their own referendums on leaving the EU. This sentiment is shared in southeast Nigeria as well, where government forces have spent much of the past year quelling violent protests by activists advocating for the secession and establishment of an independent country called Biafra. Having already called for a referendum earlier in the year, pro-Biafra activists may now be further emboldened.

http://qz.com/715710/brexit-could-be-terrible-for-africas-largest-economies/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Primetech:
What Cylinder is Transcorp running on?? shocked shocked

Follow the money to N3.00.....Fear uncle T men

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ucap

FULL OFFER...NO BID

Is N 2.5 good exist point?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
We are so much addicted to financial stocks and the volatility is much on banking stocks especially.But try to look into other sectors and you will be amazed how much you can gain weekly.Just entered one health care stock on Monday and am out today with 30%. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
angelo82:
We are so much addicted to financial stocks and the volatility is much on banking stocks especially.But try to look into other sectors and you will be amazed how much you can gain weekly.Just entered one health care stock on Monday and am out today with 30%. grin

well done.
JiJo Master
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodguygonebad: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
make person epp me na. I need a good online trading platform. which is recommeded abeg!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
angelo82:

Your are right

CHAMPION BREW. PLC. was really a goldmine for me.

Form N2.74 - N5.00 cool cool

Some underrated stocks are performing beyond my expectation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) ... (7796) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: USAfall2024, ositadima1(m), freeman67, abuhusna1, BuchyD, unite4real, UncleBone, Agbalowomeri and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.