Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10884265 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
locodemy:

Bros,my spirit is telling me that my bank and i will do 15kobo.what do you think will happen if 15 kobo?

With Dollars freely available now from CBN which was one of fcmb's greatest worries, expect the share price taking a hawkish pose and head north.
The dividend will not fool the discerning. Even Fitch has started singing a new song that banks will do better.
if I have the fire power you have, I will take a trip to the carribeans and leave my email and phone with FXUSER and plead with him to alert me when the stock reaches N2.00...... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thinking of gate crashing into FCMB tomorrow. Lemme come and see what all d hype is about. an EPS of >90k FY 2016 should comfortably cough out at least 10 - 15k grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
gambei:
bro, what is the difference between qualifying date and closure of register? which qualifies u for dividend payment( march 3 or march 6 - 10)?

qualifying date is the last date you must buy in order to partake of the dividend,
closure date is when the stock will marked down.

closure date for ucap is 3rd march so the qualification date is 2nd march

closure date for afriprud is 6th -10 march
so the qualification date is 3rd march since 5th march is a Sunday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mpeace:
You see? him offload without telling. Pple wey join because of him advice done help push one chance bus to where him want drop. Now na only them dey de trap bus. Me done sell ma FCMB today sha, as I talk yesterday. I no wnt hear "shebi I Tell you" NSE of this year no make sense again.
grin Don't you want the 25kobo dividend any more ? .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
locodemy:

Ewooo! I sold it at loss o.i bought 77 kobo and sold 75kobo not that the stock will not perform but because i needed to make the fcmb 20m units as the result/dividend day is very very very near..........
cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
People,
Did you guys see way UBA finished today, just looking at the charts.

If it closes at 5.10 - 515 ish tommorow, then it could break the 5.30 resistance before results come out.
@fxuser, I could use your comment here oh.

#teamUBA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
veecovee:
its an insult to JESUS, to out of excitement, use his Holy Word like this,
Thank's, i have told him about this befor. keep it up . ONE LOVE .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mopolchi: 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
locodemy:

He is still current because he was doing over 30% in Airservice the last time he was here.
I am worried if all is well with him.He is a good friend.
wow interesting to note. where went he?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
feelamong:
Abeg those of us buying dollars...

Are we still buying or selling now?

Sir, I'm betting against Naira at the moment (As business concern). Don't worry, you're not seeing what I'm seeing. Let's just keep praying for Nigeria. It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toxxnoni(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2017
dolls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gambei: 12:30am On Feb 24, 2017
thanks. bro, one last question in order not to misconstrue what you just said. Can i sell after the qualifying date irrespective of closure dates with multiple dates? example,for afriprud, can i sell on the 6th and still get my dividends?
Intendy:

qualifying date is the last date you must buy in order to partake of the dividend,
closure date is when the stock will marked down.

closure date for ucap is 3rd march so the qualification date is 2nd march

closure date for afriprud is 6th -10 march
so the qualification date is 3rd march since 5th march is a Sunday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:33am On Feb 24, 2017
kentoto:
People,
Did you guys see way UBA finished today, just looking at the charts.

If it closes at 5.10 - 515 ish tommorow, then it could break the 5.30 resistance before results come out.
@fxuser, I could use your comment here oh.

#teamUBA

Yeah
A close above 5.20 on good volume is green light !
Too many fake outs de mkt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 24, 2017
duni04:
Thinking of gate crashing into FCMB tomorrow. Lemme come and see what all d hype is about. an EPS of >90k FY 2016 should comfortably cough out at least 10 - 15k grin

I keep my eyes on the fundamentals(financials).
Good dividend without strong fundamentals is not good.
15kobo dividend is very much ok to me and that is what is going to be paid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:22am On Feb 24, 2017
gambei:
thanks. bro, one last question in order not to misconstrue what you just said. Can i sell after the qualifying date irrespective of closure dates with multiple dates? example,for afriprud, can i sell on the 6th and still get my dividends?

Yes you can but the dividend would have been taken off (subtracted) from it's last trading day's price.
once market resumes on Monday it is automatically subtracted.
but you might find yourself lucky if it gains after markdown but bear in mind it can also loose.
it's a preventive measure of you eating your cake and having it at the same time

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by afo7219: 7:38am On Feb 24, 2017
Intendy:

Yes you can but the dividend would have been taken off (subtracted) from it's last trading day's price.
but you might find yourself lucky if it gains after markdown but bear in mind it can also loose.
it's a preventive measure of you eating your cake and having it at the same time
I think d bro wishes to know wen it is safe to sell so he can get dividend paid
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:51am On Feb 24, 2017
feelamong:
Abeg those of us buying dollars...

Are we still buying or selling now?
This is the time to buy. It will certainly go up. The recent CBN intervention and the gain by the naira is normal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by binaflexia: 8:04am On Feb 24, 2017
Mpeace:
This is the time to buy. It will certainly go up. The recent CBN intervention and the gain by the naira is normal.

Also understand that, dollar will be sold for 375 for school fees and PTA. This will surely reduce demands from the black market. I,m not sure it is the right time to buy,. I see it in the lower 400 in the coming weeks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:06am On Feb 24, 2017
Mpeace:

I need PETERICHY'S opinion too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:30am On Feb 24, 2017
http://nairametrics.com/interbank-lending-rates-hits-200-as-banks-borrow-from-each-other-to-buy-forex/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Nigerian Banks are on a buying spree and they are borrowing at record rates to do so. According to a Reuters article, Nigeria’s interbank overnight lending rates, the rates at which banks lend to each other, spiked to a record high of 200 percent on Thursday. The reason for the spike was no other than Forex.

Banks were reported to have made dollar purchases as the central bank sold forex in fulfillment of its promise to sustain supply. Banks are expected to sell on to customers at a juicy margin of about 20%. Purchases will only be for those looking to travel out of Nigeria either for personal, business or medical travel. Forex will also be purchased by those looking to pay school fees abroad for their wards.

Am looking at the net placers of funds to win big here...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2017
binaflexia:

Also understand that, dollar will be sold for 375 for school fees and PTA. This will surely reduce demands from the black market. I,m not sure it is the right time to buy,. I see it in the lower 400 in the coming weeks

Exactly my thought.400 naira benchmark.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 24, 2017
Mpeace:

If you understand the recent CBN policy,you will run and sell your dollars now........Visits proshare and Nairametrics to get more breakdown of the policy.Banks are back to business......Business marchants are not left out too,travelling and payment of school fees at ease as banks provide the services at good rates.
Bureau de change,Aboki's,peterichy and Godisfaithful who are eyeing 600 naira to a dollar are the main loosers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

With Dollars freely available now from CBN which was one of fcmb's greatest worries, expect the share price taking a hawkish pose and head north.
The dividend will not fool the discerning. Even Fitch has started singing a new song that banks will do better.
if I have the fire power you have, I will take a trip to the carribeans and leave my email and phone with FXUSER and plead with him to alert me when the stock reaches N2.00...... grin grin grin

I need dollar at 300 naira first so i can book a trip to the carribeans as you said.Air service and Nahco don begin dey eye boosting of business in a harsh economic environment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:04am On Feb 24, 2017
locodemy:

If you understand the recent CBN policy,you will run and sell your dollars now........Visits proshare and Nairametrics to get more breakdown of the policy.Banks are back to business......Business marchants are not left out too,travelling and payment of school fees at ease as banks provide the services at good rates.
Bureau de change,Aboki's,peterichy and Godisfaithful who are eyeing 600 naira to a dollar are the main loosers.

FCMB will now worry less to give you 25k..... grin grin grin
They are now buying dollars as if tomorrow it is going out of circulation.
Which bank wants to miss this opportunity, since 'tomorrow may not come'.... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 24, 2017
Expect another mini bull in the market soon as naira is gradually gaining momentum..........Rush now and get bank stocks as much as you want.Good result or no good result,most of them are likely to appreciate in prices as the nations economy lies in their hand..........Town crier/whistle blower in action.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 9:13am On Feb 24, 2017
locodemy:

Sir, don't worry about my issue. You will seee the main losers soon. it is okay by you to keep believing what CBN pronounced in terms of forex policy. Just focus on what works best for you. Very soon, I will buy your FCMB at N1 or less. Just watch...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 24, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

FCMB will now worry less to give you 25k..... grin grin grin
They are now buying dollars as if tomorrow it is going out of circulation.
Which bank wants to miss this opportunity, since 'tomorrow may not come'.... grin grin grin

Make CBN watch over these banks as they may create artificial scarcity as they are borrowing to mop the forex.The implication is the banks/Directors will make more money as everyone is ready to get it any price from them........you know what it means.........back to square one again but God forbid.This time around it will be parmanent.This is the work of our vice president in the absent of the president........kudos.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gambei: 9:28am On Feb 24, 2017
thanks for the clarification
Intendy:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:39am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mascotlawman: 9:42am On Feb 24, 2017
locodemy:

Make CBN watch over these banks as they may create artificial scarcity as they are borrowing to mop the forex.The implication is the banks/Directors will make more money as everyone is ready to get it any price from them........you know what it means.........back to square one again but God forbid.This time around it will be parmanent.This is the work of our vice president in the absent of the president........kudos.

Please between Gtb and Zenith which one will be a good buy considering the current prices and dividend expectation? Just for medium term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by binaflexia: 9:46am On Feb 24, 2017
Godisfaithful:

Sir, don't worry about my issue. You will seee the main losers soon. it is okay by you to keep believing what CBN pronounced in terms of forex policy. Just focus on what works best for you. Very soon, I will buy your FCMB at N1 or less. Just watch...

If your account is not been hacked, you sure need to have a rethink of your recent negative attitude.
You're codedly spreading too much FUD, like you work in the inner cabal of CBN.
Crude oil stays above $50 dollars for the next 6 months, you will see what happen to currency speculators.
I'm not the type that is happy seeing my fellow investors making losses, but I will be very happy to see your dollars burn in your hand.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2017
Mascotlawman:

Please between Gtb and Zenith which one will be a good buy considering the current prices and dividend expectation? Just for medium term.

Between the two,zenith is seriously battered more than Gtb.secondly,dividend expectations in Gtb is going to be lower this time.Go for zenith for quick money.i am sure you will enjoy zenith better than Gtb as per price rally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, emmanuelewumi(m), sterlingD(m), Hedgefunds, kolaish(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.