Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10853950 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (7744) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 10:55am On Jul 10, 2014
5. NIGERINS declares N627.4million PAT in '13 Audited result

6. CONTINSURE declares N606.8million PAT in Q1 '14 result

Good news. Watch out for insurance stocks, these guys are coming up!

7. FCMB breaks key support line, may fall to N4.00 on sustained sell trend

We are waiting! The last time I checked, 3.10 was the support level sha, anyway, we are waiting!

8. Fidelity Bank: Tug of war between bulls and bears

Oga, make it snappy, and show signs of where you are going, we await a swift response/action from you. Though me think, it will go bullish soon.

9. Is the Zenith Bank heading for a pause ?

I think this stock will still go up a bit more o, before nose-diving.

10. Higher Coal Utilisation Driving Efficiency Gains at Lafarge Ashaka Cement

11. Lafarge gets shareholders’ nod on business combination

Cool, the effect on Ashaka will be minimal, but the public will be able to access happenings in Ashaka after the combination, which is a cool one.

13. ARM to launch $250m infrastructure fund

Choi! too much money, pension money!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2014
Dexterax: http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/10231-oml-29-sale-reps-name-7-member-panel-to-probe-shell

The same OML 29 Transcorpians are gunning for

OMG!!!

Dexterax:

Courtesy P&.......

grin grin grin

Bros, all the above no go work. Try harder grin.

#TrancorpN10

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2014
passwelle:

Bros, all the above no go work. Try harder grin.

#TrancorpN10

No mind dexterax. Na now im wan use style shook head inside this bus but Uboma don lock the door tight and right now we are heading to N8 junction before we pick them up. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2014
coldFLARES1: my oga, most times lawyers get me lost but I would need to confirm if my below understanding of the statement is correct:
1. OER is the vehicle through which the assets of COP is being acquired.
2. By this loan-to-equity conversion, the stakes of Oando in OER has increased from approx 92% to approx 93.7%.
3. An assumption of subsisting and offered Warrants would raise Oando's ownership to approx 95.5% whereas there is a ceiling pegged at 94.6%.
4. This deal is applied retroactively for a bail-out offered in Feb 2014.

1. Not an SPV, a full-fledged company, but yes its through OER that the acquisition is happening.

2. Correct.

3. Correct.

4. First it wasn't a bail-out. Second the loan-to-equity conversion news doesn't state that this is happening retroactively... so I can't say yes or no
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:03am On Jul 10, 2014
coldFLARES1:
Question is:
1. Would it be safe to assume the OER is yet to source for the full amount for which the COP acquisition is valued? Such that a dilution is envisaged so as to make Oando own the max 94.6% it is allowed to own.
2. If the answer to question (1) above is NO, wherein can we rationalize the need for a Rights issue.

1. Unsafe, this is a dangerous assumption bruv. grin

2. The Rights Issue is for working capital requirements needed for running the nascent upstream operations.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:04am On Jul 10, 2014
coldFLARES1: my oga, most times lawyers get me lost but I would need to confirm if my below understanding of the statement is correct:
1. OER is the vehicle through which the assets of COP is being acquired.
2. By this loan-to-equity conversion, the stakes of Oando in OER has increased from approx 92% to approx 93.7%.
3. An assumption of subsisting and offered Warrants would raise Oando's ownership to approx 95.5% whereas there is a ceiling pegged at 94.6%.
4. This deal is applied retroactively for a bail-out offered in Feb 2014.

This is very good for shareholders, yearly interest payments will reduce, there will be increase in Net profit after tax, a big plus for shareholders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coldFLARES1(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2014
Dexterax:

2. The Rights Issue is for working capital requirements needed for running the nascent upstream operations.
Thanks boss!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Dexterax:

@bolded, seriously? Anyway, it all depends, just that those guys are too smart, i fear them o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2014
Ok....?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2014
nitrogen:

@bolded, seriously? Don't think so.

Emmm, @nitrogen, if by now, the money wasn't on the table, you think Diezzani would've granted consent?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2014
How does one trade contracts on the new Nigerian Commodities Exchange (NCX), trading five commodities : cocoa, cashew, soybeans, sorghum and maize? Anyone with trading guidelines or a link please...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2014
Transcorp is currently 5.83. Oando will be on bid soon...FO on the way to 280-300 naira.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Dexterax:

Emmm, @nitrogen, if by now, the money wasn't on the table, you think Diezzani would've granted consent?

Of course propositions will get you to a very good level in many cases, a company with an above par history with cool propositions will get away with many things.

By the way, the woman was pressured to do the needful, believe me, those guys were really desperate (like they had their lives on the deal, no going back), un-audited quarters' results weren't that fantastic, wrapping up the deal would actually help them to restate the results of the coy and present it in a good light. Aside all that, bad result(s) all the way.....

Smart people rule the planet earth!

Don't quote me!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2014
nitrogen:

The woman was pressured to do the needful, believe me, it would be delicate for her well-being if she had not signed that thing. Those guys were really desperate (like they had their lives on the deal, no going back), unaudited quarter results weren't that fantastic, wrapping the deal would actually help them to restate the results of the coy and present it in a good light. Aside all that, bad result(s) all the way.....

Don't quote me!

grin grin

You sef don turn insider for the honourable minister's office ba? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2014
dsonofmaan:

grin grin

You sef don turn insider for the honourable minister's office ba? grin

No sir, just something glaring, there for all to see. Good one for Oando!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2014
myjoy08: Transcorp is currently 5.83. Oando will be on bid soon...FO on the way to 280-300 naira.

FO like to cross N300 price. Not a buy or sell recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2014
nitrogen:

Of course propositions will get you to a very good level in many cases, a company with an above par history with cool propositions will get away with many things.

By the way, the woman was pressured to do the needful, believe me, those guys were really desperate (like they had their lives on the deal, no going back), un-audited quarters' results weren't that fantastic, wrapping up the deal would actually help them to restate the results of the coy and present it in a good light. Aside all that, bad result(s) all the way.....

Don't quote me!
I think you need to read what ministerial consent is all about. Google it and read it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2014
nitrogen:

No sir, just something glaring, there for all to see. Good one for Oando!

grin grin

We've heard worse. From bad results to political conspiracies as to why Oando will fail. Can't even start lavishing my time to start posting a defence on here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2014
dsonofmaan:

grin grin

We've heard worse. From bad results to political conspiracies as to why Oando will fail. Can't even start lavishing my time to start posting a defence on here.

Of course, no need, we are all here to make money, so why bothering ourselves? abegi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2014
bigass:
I think you need to read what ministerial consent is all about. Google it and read it

Oh bigass, are you telling me to go back to school? embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2014
nitrogen:

Of course, no need, we are all here to make money, so why bothering ourselves? abegi

grin grin

I hope Oando falls a bit so u can enter the bus. I know you lustly fully desire to. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2014
dsonofmaan:

grin grin

I hope Oando falls a bit so u can enter the bus. I know you lustly fully desire to. grin

I swear! smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2014
nitrogen:

Oh bigass, are you telling me to go back to school? embarassed embarassed embarassed
depends on how u see it. My point is enough of this Oando postulations. Most people bad mouth Oando to bring the price down. The woman was pressured yet it took almost 2yrs to get the consent
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2014
dsonofmaan:

grin grin

sir, don't expect Oando to fall based on the way you desire. Oando might be on bid soon...it might be in few hours. Transcorp already trading at 5.90. Do your due diligence.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 11:52am On Jul 10, 2014
myjoy08: Transcorp is currently 5.83. Oando will be on bid soon...FO on the way to 280-300 naira.

Transcorp moving up to N6. Where are the haters? lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2014
myjoy08:

sir, don't expect Oando to fall based on the way you desire. Oando might be on bid soon...it might be in few hours. Transcorp already trading at 5.90. Do your due diligence.

My oga, whether Oando falls or not, i'm solid.If it falls, i buy more, if it embarks on a new rally, i'm good to go. Just trying to help my broda Nitrogen out.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2014
bigass:
depends on how u see it. My point is enough of this Oando postulations. Most people bad mouth Oando to bring the price down.

Believe me, Oando will get to #60, it is the truth, if you are a long term investor/that patient, you should hold Oando, no matter what. The real price is #60 and above.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2014
Dexterax: Ok....?

Mod informed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
nitrogen:

Believe me, Oando will get to #60, it is the truth, if you are a long term investor/that patient, you should hold Oando, no matter what. The real price is #60 and above.

Still waiting at my junction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Born2beRich1:

Still waiting at my junction.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Awon eleyi don sign oooo!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by securi: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Oga Nitrogen, don't shift the bar o, Oando is going to N100 on long term, nothing less. We are waiting!

nitrogen:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
uboma:

Transcorp moving up to N6. Where are the haters? lol

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (7744) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emndy(m), richforever123, iHaveMadeiT2, dapix, Saybal(m), LILBIMS, GORRET(f), Choiceguy, FreeStuffsNG, Locotrader(m), sterlingD(m), Perculiar, Zagee and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.