Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10953365 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:50am On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax: http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/nigeria-risks-scare-investors-out-of-equities-into-bonds/#.U8DykLGTER0

So maybe the exodus has started already. Time for me to increase my holdings in Okomu Oil then.

grin

The despicable thing about this news is that it is our own domestic investors abi fund managers that are sowing the seeds of fear.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:52am On Jul 12, 2014
@Soloniger

Yap. At least till June/July 2015, hope nobody plans on releasing a chemical weapon to destroy Okomu's plantations in Edo State.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:04am On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax:

The despicable thing about this news is that it is our own domestic investors abi fund managers that are sowing the seeds of fear.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/23662.html

Now from the above link, it is difficult to ascertain whether it is the same fund managers who manage the foreign portfolios which according to the proshare news ranks higher than domestic participation in the NSE and at the same time, reducing exposure to equities and moving into bonds.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax:

Now from the above link, it is difficult to ascertain whether it is the same fund managers who manage the foreign portfolios which according to the proshare news ranks higher than domestic participation in the NSE and at the same time, reducing exposure to equities and moving into bonds.

The media today only serves the purposes of its "string-pullers" (we can all remember the foolish Vanguard report about Oando that was published under 48 hours prior to the granting of the ministerial consent and up till today, there hasn't been a correction or a "public apology" ). So everybody'll have go into his closet, close the doors and make your own decision and accept the consequences.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayztech(f): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2014
#DexteraxSoliloquy...No noise pls

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2014
ayztech: #DexteraxSoliloquy...No noise pls

You'll have to build your own personal blog or something of the sort to handle the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:43am On Jul 12, 2014
What a wonderful and safe response from Dextrar!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2014
He knows how to cause trouble and skillful in getting out of it.
Please @ Dextrar, enough of your sarcasm.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2014
Toluway:
I wonder o. E be like say analysis no dey work again o. Only God knows the direction of Mr Market. But one strategy which I know will always work, no matter the analysis is, buying from the lowest low of the support line. Definitely, a fluctuation will come in your favour. He who is down fears no fall.
I don't usually feel comfortable, anytime I buy from the high, because of possible heavy crash. That was why I quick jumped from Transcorp sfter some gain.
My Hypothesis
In NSE, just enter a stock with good fundamentals, at a cheap price at the lowest low of the support level and leave the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayztech(f): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2014
Toluway: What a wonderful and safe response from Dextrar!

why must you interrupt, eh?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2014
Toluway:
My Hypothesis
In NSE, just enter a stock with good fundamentals, at a cheap price at the lowest low of the support level and leave the rest.

When choosing your support level, how far back in history d'you go?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayztech(f): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax:

You'll have to build your own personal blog or something of the sort to handle the bolded.

Even modern houses do still have studies...carry go
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax:

Cos new supports keep getting established every time. Based on your technique, you couldn't have gotten into Forte Oil at any point in the last 6 months or get in over the next 6 months right?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Pls, we no want guest viewers here again. Log in to view. Shikena!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax: @Soloniger

Yap. At least till June/July 2015, hope nobody plans on releasing a chemical weapon to destroy Okomu's plantations in Edo State.

grin

if I were u,I will be more worried of the weather.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax:

fund managers are like politicians,
go to cnbc to hear them singing a different tune.the more you listen, the more you confuse

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
hbrednic:

if I were u,I will be more worried of the weather.

I understand your point. I'm scarcely worried about the weather though. They've said that the El Nino weather phenomenon will set in at some point in autumn. But then, even the full effects of the dry weather spells during the first quarter of the year in the Big 2 have yet to be fully priced in by the markets.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
@Dexterax - i opted out of WAPIC @ 0.86 to add to my position in Oando. I just don't know if i acted well but i feel more comfy abt Oando (The only stock in my portfolio). Looking @ the direction of Skye & Sterling but those stocks have been crawling sinceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. @Mercylicious- do u still hold on to Skye Shares?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
hbrednic:
fund managers are like politicians,
go to cnbc to hear them singing a different tune.the more you listen, the more you confuse
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Well you made a good profit on Wapic considering your really good entry point at 72k. As long as you're comfortable bruv, no qualms.

I still have substantial positions in oando and Wapic but I'd have gone into one of the financial services companies that operate a holding structure, most likely FBN Holdings.

But as long as you're comfy, it's fine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax: @Soloniger

grin
may the almighty protect our biological assets
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
gabscity: Pls, we no want guest viewers here again. Log in to view. Shikena!!!

Bros na by force?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
ayztech:

why must you interrupt, eh?
sorry sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dexterax:

Your immediate well established support men.
We know that we don't need any support to trade the news and rumours though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Aks: @Dexterax - i opted out of WAPIC @ 0.86 to add to my position in Oando. I just don't know if i acted well but i feel more comfy abt Oando (The only stock in my portfolio). Looking @ the direction of Skye & Sterling but those stocks have been crawling sinceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. @Mercylicious- do u still hold on to Skye Shares?
Wapic rally has just started. Oando is not too certain.

#oandomania

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Aks: @Dexterax - i opted out of WAPIC @ 0.86 to add to my position in Oando. I just don't know if i acted well but i feel more comfy abt Oando (The only stock in my portfolio). Looking @ the direction of Skye & Sterling but those stocks have been crawling sinceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. @Mercylicious- do u still hold on to Skye Shares?
Wapic rally has just started. Oando is not too certain.

#oandomania
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by janykute: 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
gabscity: Pls, we no want guest viewers here again. Log in to view. Shikena!!!
So as to know when Emma Ewumi and other Smn members will sneak in.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NSEfresher(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
ihedioramma: cant understand you, did the bank have problem or what?.

just sayin...It might get to 50 before December

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emndy(m), Emumakpo, Babynerd and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.