Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10899285 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

And you no pay Tithe (or na TAX) to me for this 100%

ETI constitute like 2.5% of my NSE portfolio. I entered based on their turnaround story which is yielding fruit. Yes there is no dividend but things are looking up. Access is paying dividend but with a drop in profitability.

That said, I except ETI price to come down to about N15.00 pending their Q1 result.

They just send some cheque for their preference shares redemption self.

I gave it to Pumping to remit to you then. You mean he never did?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Access na rubbish na with their dividend

cc cadialic

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

I am a shareholder of JAPAUL. I own 1,000 units smiley. The deal is a SCAM! Where is the shareholders approval?

Na so OandO take start
This type of people are very troublesome, even more than the majority shareholder grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

GTB bank stated that they did not partook in the CBN swaps

ok beta for them

to buttress what i am talking about above.

the decline of Access bank result for 2017FY was largely due to a loss of N33.63b from derivative instruments. a line of income that produced N53.32b profit for 2016FY, this speaks to the volatility of this line of income which is giving me concern as stated above.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

I am sure most of those buying don't even know which business JAPAUL is into! Na NOSPETCO type of things smiley
Present sir. We only know that milos is there grin.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
kolaish:
This type of people are very troublesome, even more than the majority shareholder grin

A shareholder is a shareholder ooo.

I have 500 units in a particular company smiley. In the days of paper annual reports, that entitles me to get the annual report. I have close to 50+ companies! Some are worth less than N1k. That's how I pay my own tuition fee smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
robobo:

ok beta for them

the decline of Access bank result for 2017FY was largely due to a loss of N33.63b from derivative instruments. a line of income that produced N53.32b profit for 2016FY, this speaks to the volatility of this line of income which is giving me concern as stated above.

The GTB MD was asked specifically at the conference call yesterday and he confirmed that they are not into CBN swaps. He also confirmed that they are not using N360/$ yet. So expect some increase in revenue just by using N360/$. GTB and Access are not in the same category!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
robobo:

ok beta for them

This speaks to the DERIVATIVES deception of the bank that could not continue at the same pace. Numbers can be used to lie but will always expire as gaps and cracks start to widen as time goes along.

In general, if any commercial bank is no longer generating the core of its earnings from LENDING, you better beware. Take a close look as results are released.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
rebekah2011:
Access Bank shashe, 107b in forex income. Is our bank doing banking at all.

It is called "cooking the books"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2018
How much dividend is Access Bank paying?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
40 kobo per share.
PharmAlfred:
How much dividend is Access Bank paying?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jinnyz: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
I cant open the link, pls can someone share the qualification date, close of register for the dividend.

rebekah2011:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21306_ACCESS_BANK_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2018.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

For N70 stock? too small.

What were you expecting?

I expect a lot of extra ordinary items.

Make them post the result first smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

What were you expecting?

Reality is fast settling in.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2018
Have this Sir
jinnyz:
I cant open the link, pls can someone share the qualification date, close of register for the dividend.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
fxuser:

super risk management move , good reaction . kudos madam
i'm also at my highest cash level since dec also
anyway , this is d worst weekly performance for bank Index. Week to date is a massive -8.35% (massive weekly red engulfing candle)
Personally , got my first humble pie, fidelity holdings was bady out of position wt an avg cost of ard N3 ..
i dont know how to avg down , i chop my humble pie without fuss (blame d itchy finger issues later)
every market likes to serve humble pies ard every now and den (crypto community de chop am back to back dis yr lolx)
dis sell off is likely to continue into the new week ..
opportunities will present themselves again , we wud patiently wait and not be drawn into chasing them lol

Key reminder to Self:
Never ignore negative divergences

@fxuser

which of the time horizon negative divergence do you think is more potent

Daily? weekly? or monthly?

learning ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jinnyz: 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
THANKS!!!

rebekah2011:
Have this Sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
robobo:

thats my fear going forward for nigerian banks after the extra ordinary FX gain and TBills income of last two years (which brings with it sustainability question)

same thing i.e FX gain (from derivatives) was pivotal for Zenith (yet to critically look at GTB) for 2017 and Zenith had stated as per conference call that they expect more from that line of income (which might have necessitated the current sell off).

if you understand derivative to be a very volatile and risky venture then u might start getting concern for Nigerian banks.

N.B I am heavy on the banks though seriously thinking of taking advantage of next bull to cut down cos of this concern except this concern is allayed before then

Can you shed more light on how banks make/loose money on derivatives.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
UBA.....75k per share loading...na my dreamoooooo....due diligence advised
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
ukay2:
UBA.....75k per share loading...na my dreamoooooo....due diligence advised
Has UBA ever paid more than Access?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

since the last two FY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
pluto09:

Can you shed more light on how banks make/loose money on derivatives.

only average knowledge mysef

it consist of several type (forwards/ futures / swap e.t.c)

inlayman terms it means taking a bet on what the future exchange rate / price of financial instrument (e.g. currency) would be. something more like what short term traders on NSE do. so those who trade in it make money when rate / price move for them and losses when it move against them

pls note that nothing is wrong with derivative itself (it is a class of financial instrument which is quite useful for a more efficient functioning of the financial markets) . my concern is on the volatility of its income line for a traditional bank (that should be more involve in lending).

and for fundamentalist it make projection difficult if not impossible. so i would expect banks who had this income line as a MAJOR to be more suitable for short term traders (kind of like an alignment of its income to the traders it attract) because of surprises in its result(a la Access Bank 2016 -- 2017 FY) which is not suitable to my personal risk appetite
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

I am a shareholder of JAPAUL. I own 1,000 units smiley. The deal is a SCAM! Where is the shareholders approval?

Na so OandO take start
well d fact still remains that u are still better off with this deal than no deal at all. when the wife of ibru scuttled the last planned deal for ikejahotels with their family battle; are u better off today? let's learn to make the best choices.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
Coolcash1:

I think Jegede, Milost et al caused the negative report about the deal. From the report, the newspaper company tried to get confirmation of the deal from them but no one was ready to talk. Of course, when there is gap in communication, you give room for speculation and image-damaging conclusions. However, with various beneficiaries of the milost largesse coming out to confirm that the firm is genuine and the various deals as well, this is not sufficient enough to convince the pubic until SEC confirms it.

Though the rebuttal by Jegede has caused a rally in Japaul shares today.... How long this will last, i leave it to mr. Market to answer.. grin

Not suggesting anyone should buy but what if the negative reporting of the newspaper guys (remember this is Naija can't trust anyone) is due some axe to grind with Jegede's Japaul and co due to their very bad behavior since inception - they are now singing PHD syndrome!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

What were you expecting?

I expected something better.

Well, let's see what OKOMU will drop.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

80k to 85k is more like it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

I expected something better.

Well, let's see what OKOMU will drop.
They are twins, most likely to be a similar dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
yom2:
well d fact still remains that u are still better off with this deal than no deal at all. when the wife of ibru scuttled the last planned deal for ikejahotels with their family battle; are u better off today? let's

learn to make the best choices.

There is no deal, this can only be approved at the AGM as a matter of fact it will be under special business in the agenda.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
Access Bank has Axed shareholders. Looks like it took more impairment in 2017 than 2016. Wigwe is probably doing fine boy and not adding real value to the bank.

They are only paying out 28% of their EPS. That's rather poor for a bank has no restriction on dividend payment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Bianco1:

Not suggesting anyone should buy but what if the negative reporting of the newspaper guys (remember this is Naija can't trust anyone) is due some axe to grind with Jegede's Japaul and co due to their very bad behavior since inception - they are now singing PHD syndrome!

It was not a negative news, the reporter asked intelligence and probing questions about the rationale behind the purported Investment by Milost and the volume of fund to be invested in the deal.

I guess the questions were able to reset the brains of the few intelligent investors who bought Japaul shares during the frenzy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shalom428, Locotrader(m), chimex38, beejay1(m), lexy2lexy, Jonwest, unite4real, ernie4life(m), Ginalex(f) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.