Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10976359 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) (3332) ... (7783) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
PharmAlfred:
Access Bank has Axed shareholders. Looks like it took more impairment in 2017 than 2016. Wigwe is probably doing fine boy and not adding real value to the bank.

They are only paying out 28% of their EPS. That's rather poor for a bank has no restriction on dividend payment.
Evidence of cooked results
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Is it likely that transcorp falls to its old trading band .

Is this the best time to enter

April/may bull is around the corner from historical charts, will it apply this year?

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
currentprice:

cc cadialic

grin

No wahala. I go collect dividend and chill. It will pay one day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

80k to 85k is more like it.

Abeg oga Emma, no raise my hope.....make my 75k dream become real.....am okay with that......i no get big eye....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
PLEASE let us continue to PRAY for Oga Chibuking's Daughter RELEASE....Who has heard from him to know the progress?

Cc:Onegentleguy AND OTHERS

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 7:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/21/news/economy/us-interest-rates-fed/index.html

Negative for the NSE. sad angry

Interest rates are going up.
The Fed raised rates as expected on Wednesday in its first meeting under Chairman Jerome Powell. The central bank's decision was a response to a sunnier economic outlook, very low unemployment and rising wages.

"The economic outlook has strengthened in recent months," the Fed said in a statement following its two-day Federal Open Market Committee meeting. "Job gains have been strong in recent months, and the unemployment rate has stayed low."
The Fed raised the federal funds rate, which helps determine rates for mortgages, credit cards and other borrowing, to a range of 1.5% to 1.75%. That was an increase of a quarter of a percentage point. Rates are still historically low.

The central bank stuck to its plans for three interest rate hikes this year. But it shifted its plans for next year, calling for three more rate hikes instead of two.
Stocks rallied after the announcement. The Dow was up about 200 points.

Fed officials were split on whether this week's policy meeting was the appropriate time to signal a fourth rate hike in 2018.

Recent comments by top Fed officials about the country's bright economic outlook had raised investor expectations that the Fed would accelerate rate increases to keep the economy from overheating.

Central bankers did offer hints that they may raise rates a fourth time later this year as a result of faster global growth, stronger business investment and massive tax cuts.

The Fed now expects economic growth to accelerate faster this year to 2.7%. At the December meeting, Fed officials estimated 2.5% economic growth this year ahead of the passage of Republican tax cuts and plans to increase government spending.

Earlier this month, Powell told lawmakers the economy was "strong" and tax cuts would add "meaningfully to growth."

Policy makers also maintained their inflation outlook of 1.9%, slightly below the Fed's target.

The unanimous decision on Wednesday's rate hike signals to Wall Street that Powell, for the time being, will stick with his precedessor Janet Yellen's plans for gradual rate increases.

The policy move leaves central bankers with room to assess whether they will need to raise rates faster to prevent the economy from overheating.

For years after the financial crisis, the Fed raised rates slowly to keep the economy humming. But a recent $1.5 trillion tax cut and $300 billion spending bill, along with an improved economic outlook, have more recently changed that calculus.

Wednesday's rate hike is the sixth time the Fed has lifted interest rates since the economy collapsed in 2008.

Powell's job is to keep the economy churning without starting a recession during his four-year term — a risk the Fed chair has said he does not see as imminent.

If the Fed raises rates too slowly, the economy could overheat. Tighten too quickly and inflation may not meet its target of 2% — the level the Fed sees as healthy for the economy.

The Fed's preferred gauge of inflation stands at 1.5%. But central bankers expect it to "move up" this year, and data show it was already "a little bit higher" by the end of last year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
PharmAlfred:
Access Bank has Axed shareholders. Looks like it took more impairment in 2017 than 2016. Wigwe is probably doing fine boy and not adding real value to the bank.

They are only paying out 28% of their EPS. That's rather poor for a bank has no restriction on dividend payment.

The EPS you are referencing may not truly be what it is. So, behind the curtains they may actually be paying more of their actual EPS but prefer to have a better EPS than a better dividend yield and a worse EPS. The impairments have been going on for awhile and have been delayed and covered up. The shackles are gradually being loosened.

Banking results are all about optics in Nigeria. 'How best to arrange myself to look good even if I do not feel good inside.'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Evidence of cooked results

It is seems so. Corporate governance is being sacrificed in most coys. In Nigeria, it now quite to difficult to predict the growth of companies because of bad management.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 7:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
tiar:

The EPS you are referencing may not truly be what it is. So, behind the curtains they may actually be paying more of their actual EPS but prefer to have a better EPS than a better dividend yield and a worse EPS. The impairments have been going on for awhile and have been delayed and covered up. The shackles are gradually being loosened.

Banking results are all about optics in Nigeria. 'How best to arrange myself to look good even if I do not feel good inside.'

You may be very right. The part you bolded holds true.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
ukay2:
PLEASE let us continue to PRAY for Oga Chibuking's Daughter RELEASE....Who has heard from him to know the progress?

Cc:Onegentleguy AND OTHERS
Am still searching for her, I believed that God Almighty will bring her back to me, soon.
I do follow the forum discussion, only that the situation of my daughter missing is giving me sleepless night.
I really appreciate the brotherly love shown to me so far, by this our forum members, Onegentleguy is really trying his best, Apiakason, Kolaish and many others, Ukay2 I sighted you, thanks for reminding our members.
At this junction, prayers is seriously needed, thanks all, as I strongly believed that my God will bring back my daughter to me soon.

24 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
yom2:
well d fact still remains that u are still better off with this deal than no deal at all. when the wife of ibru scuttled the last planned deal for ikejahotels with their family battle; are u better off today? let's learn to make the best choices.

Better off? Illegality can only bring disaster at the end of the day! That's how OandO started with their reverse acquisition nonsense followed by fictitious capital raisings. Corporate governance is alien to some people.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
Chibuking81:

Am still searching for her, I believed that God Almighty will bring her back to me, soon.
I do follow the forum discussion, only that the situation of my daughter missing is giving me sleepless night.
I really appreciate the brotherly love shown to me so far, by this our forum members, Sinclair is really trying his best, Apiakason and many others, Ukay2 I sighted you, thanks for reminding our members.
At this junction, prayers is seriously needed, thanks all, as I strongly believed that my God will bring back my daughter to me soon.

She will be release soon in Jesus Name....Amen. please be strong in the Lord.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Chibuking81:

I really appreciate the brotherly love shown to me so far, by this our forum members, Onegentleguy is really trying his best, Apiakason, Kolaish and many others, Ukay2 I sighted you, thanks for reminding our members.

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

Better off? Illegality can only bring disaster at the end of the day! That's how OandO started with their reverse acquisition nonsense followed by fictitious capital raisings. Corporate governance is alien to some people.

chai.you must have lost more than 20m in this oando.You dont talk without mentioning oando but they have changed.They are no more the way you think.chai chai chai chai
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
Unic Insurance was 19kobo today.Does it mean it will either trade at 1kobo or 40kobo tomorrow?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
Onuokwu:
http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/21/news/economy/us-interest-rates-fed/index.html

Negative for the NSE. sad angry

Interest rates are going up.
The Fed raised rates as expected on Wednesday in its first meeting under Chairman Jerome Powell. The central bank's decision was a response to a sunnier economic outlook, very low unemployment and rising wages.

"The economic outlook has strengthened in recent months," the Fed said in a statement following its two-day Federal Open Market Committee meeting. "Job gains have been strong in recent months, and the unemployment rate has stayed low."
The Fed raised the federal funds rate, which helps determine rates for mortgages, credit cards and other borrowing, to a range of 1.5% to 1.75%. That was an increase of a quarter of a percentage point. Rates are still historically low.

The central bank stuck to its plans for three interest rate hikes this year. But it shifted its plans for next year, calling for three more rate hikes instead of two.
Stocks rallied after the announcement. The Dow was up about 200 points.

Fed officials were split on whether this week's policy meeting was the appropriate time to signal a fourth rate hike in 2018.

Recent comments by top Fed officials about the country's bright economic outlook had raised investor expectations that the Fed would accelerate rate increases to keep the economy from overheating.

Central bankers did offer hints that they may raise rates a fourth time later this year as a result of faster global growth, stronger business investment and massive tax cuts.

The Fed now expects economic growth to accelerate faster this year to 2.7%. At the December meeting, Fed officials estimated 2.5% economic growth this year ahead of the passage of Republican tax cuts and plans to increase government spending.

Earlier this month, Powell told lawmakers the economy was "strong" and tax cuts would add "meaningfully to growth."

Policy makers also maintained their inflation outlook of 1.9%, slightly below the Fed's target.

The unanimous decision on Wednesday's rate hike signals to Wall Street that Powell, for the time being, will stick with his precedessor Janet Yellen's plans for gradual rate increases.

The policy move leaves central bankers with room to assess whether they will need to raise rates faster to prevent the economy from overheating.

For years after the financial crisis, the Fed raised rates slowly to keep the economy humming. But a recent $1.5 trillion tax cut and $300 billion spending bill, along with an improved economic outlook, have more recently changed that calculus.

Wednesday's rate hike is the sixth time the Fed has lifted interest rates since the economy collapsed in 2008.

Powell's job is to keep the economy churning without starting a recession during his four-year term — a risk the Fed chair has said he does not see as imminent.

If the Fed raises rates too slowly, the economy could overheat. Tighten too quickly and inflation may not meet its target of 2% — the level the Fed sees as healthy for the economy.

The Fed's preferred gauge of inflation stands at 1.5%. But central bankers expect it to "move up" this year, and data show it was already "a little bit higher" by the end of last year.

Yimu
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Most AGMs of quoated comoqnies are in lagos....Now that this Zenith bank 2018 AGM is in Abuja.....i hope i will have time in the office to attend this Zenith AGM in Abuja on the Friday 13th April,2018.....how is their AGM usually be.....

Any means of identifying shareholders in the venue??

Cc: Sir Emmanuelwummi, Pa Wanajo....etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
locodemy:

chai.you must have lost more than 20m in this oando.You dont talk without mentioning oando[i] but they have changed.They are no more the way you think.[/i]chai chai chai chai

Hahahaha...... LWKMD oh...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
locodemy:

chai.you must have lost more than 20m in this oando.You dont talk without mentioning oando but they have changed.They are no more the way you think.chai chai chai chai

I jumped out of OandO when it was still the darling of many. Then the were feeding people with plenty lies. I was accused then of so many things. Comparison was even made with SEPLAT. Morgan or what is his name was busy defending OandO then!

Please what has changed about OandO? You see the way they treat minority shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
ukay2:
Most AGMs of quoated comoqnies are in lagos....Now that this Zenith bank 2018 AGM is in Abuja.....i hope i will have time in the office to attend this Zenith AGM in Abuja on the Friday 13th April,2018.....how is their AGM usually be.....

Any means of identifying shareholders in the venue??

Cc: Sir Emmanuelwummi, Pa Wanajo....etc

Better to participate in the conference call than attend AGM. For the conference call, it is difficult to manipulate the questions to be asked. At the GTB conference call yesterday, the MD was asked about their succession plan! That shows the level of questioning. Such will not be allowed at AGM's.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
kolaish:
They are twins, most likely to be a similar dividend

If the market react negative to Presco results, Okomu dividends yield Will be better then Presco.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Chibuking81:

May God strengthen you and your family at this time. Our prayers is that she returns soon to you in Jesus name.

Thanksgiving loading.......

God is merciful.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
Chibuking81:

It is well with your daughter and your home. Please be strong. As a parent I cannot even start to comprehend what you are going through. You are very brave indeed to even be still posting here. God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Chibuking81:

It shall be well my dear !! ...this would surely end well.

Remember what I always tell u. ...Just be strong- ok.
I know and have faith that God will see us through this.
He's done it many times in the past and even more. ...and so he'll do it again !!
Our effort and prayers shall not pass out in vain. ...just believe.
CHIBUGO SHALL RETURN HOME TO U AND UR FAMILY HALE AND HEARTY !!
...and in the end we shall all have a joyful course to give glory and honour to our God Almighty.

IT IS WELL !!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

Better to participate in the conference call than attend AGM. For the conference call, it is difficult to manipulate the questions to be asked. At the GTB conference call yesterday, the MD was asked about their succession plan! That shows the level of questioning. Such will not be allowed at AGM's.
How will someone chop rice, get freebies and take back part of his investment back esp with some useless companies when someone opted for conference call instread of AGM.
Cc: Oga oracle on ways to claim back ur capital.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
stocks with new 52 week lows
Niger insurance #0.36k
dn tyre #0.35k
Africa alliance #0.24k
mutual benefit #0.40k
unity Kapital $0.24k
no new 52 week highs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
Jejebaba:

How will someone chop rice, get freebies and take back part of his investment back esp with some useless companies when someone opted for conference call instread of AGM.
Cc: Oga oracle on ways to claim back ur capital.

They knew Lagos people na rice una dey find walka hence taking the AGM to Abuja.. take flight come chop a plate of rice na.. I’m sure most of all these tasere traders are in Lagos..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
Chibuking81:

Amen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

Please how can i participate in the conference call for Zenith bank..also which date and time is it scheduled

Please are they documents to identify share owners during AGM of companies.....as all my stocks are bought via NSE trading floor....

THANK YOU.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
wanaj0:

if u are long enough in this MKT .u ll know that major acquisition still remains best options for poorly run or moribund companies and 80% of the time it has worked out. let me take u back memory lane: ( 1)Benue cement company which metamorphosed to dangote cement (2) national salt company(3)ibtc acquired by the south African bank(4)interbrew (5)forteoil e.t.c. during dangotes acquisitions, a lot of people with bigotry and parochial interest kicked against it. now tell me what's d story today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jinnyz: 1:45am On Mar 22, 2018
Amen, Chibuking it will surely end in praise!!!

onegentleguy:

It shall be well my dear !! ...this would surely end well.

Remember what I always tell u. ...Just be strong- ok.
I know and have faith that God will see us through this.
He's done it many times in the past and even more. ...and so he'll do it again !!
Our effort and prayers shall not pass out in vain. ...just believe.
CHIBUGO SHALL RETURN HOME TO U AND UR FAMILY HALE AND HEARTY !!
...and in the end we shall all have a joyful course to give glory and honour to our God Almighty.

IT IS WELL !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) (3332) ... (7783) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tijany130(m), floydmayweather, IamR, robobo, Jats2k2002, EmmyBen14(m), bassEQ2000, Odunharry(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.