Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10900608 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3367) (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:38am On Mar 30, 2018
Without the sale of the noodle section, Dangflour should have an eps of 2.3. What then should the fair price be.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2018
kolaish:
Remember that the sale of their noddles was factor into the EPS. That notwithstanding, DF still remains a stock to hold or buy more when the price go down a bit.

This forum is a nest of bottom hunters..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 11:46am On Mar 30, 2018
Mpeace:
Without the sale of the noodle section, Dangflour should have an eps of 2.3. What then should the fair price be.

N17
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2018
lancee:
pls house Is the market opening today or closed

Thanks

I have received the following in that order
APR-tuesday
UCAP-wednesday
Afriland-thursday

all this week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2018
Coolcash1:

This is why I follow Alhaji bumper to fender....My Fair price of the stock based on this impressive result is N35.

So a PE of 12 ok ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2018
kolaish:
Learn Africa proposed 14k dividend. I will see if I can get some units on Tuesday.

Everything looks good with this one though.

DY at 14.43%,

EPS at 34.5k implying a 2.8x PE,

120% growth in PBT YoY.

CP, please what do you have for fair price?

House, anyone with any concern on the stock?

Kolaish, many thanks for the hint.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2018
debostar:
Please,has anybodyI have received the following in that order
APR-tuesday
UCAP-wednesday
Afriland-thursday

all this week received dividend from UBCAP this year?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 11:51am On Mar 30, 2018
I hope you understand @lancee..sorry i misplaced my statements doubly grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2018
awesomeJ:

Everything looks good with this one though.

DY at 14.43%,

EPS at 34.5k implying a 2.8x PE,

120% growth in PBT YoY.

CP, please what do you have for fair price?

House, anyone with any concern on the stock?

Kolaish, many thanks for the hint.

This was evident since! Far better than UPL in my opinion. But not a liquid stock. To get one million units will take you till eternity. Worse if you want to sell. Good for dividend yield though..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 11:57am On Mar 30, 2018
wanaj0:

So a PE of 12 ok ooo

A pe of 12 won't be bad if they keep up this growth rate . Nestle is pe of 30. Nigerian Breweries as well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
shigidi:

A pe of 12 won't be bad if they keep up this growth rate . Nestle is pe of 30. Nigerian Breweries as well

And you think Nestle and Nigerian Breweries are in the same category??

Even Flour Mills MUST trade at a premium to Dangote Flour.

Any company with a PE >10.00 is a NO NO except it is a TURNAROUND

That growth rate is difficult to sustain.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 12:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
phemmie06:

Morgan a minimum of 20k for start and Meristem 10k
okia... Tanx I just send yhu an email... For more private talks.. Tanx man
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
wanaj0:

This was evident since! Far better than UPL in my opinion. But not a liquid stock. To get one million units will take you till eternity. Worse if you want to sell. Good for dividend yield though..
Funny for a stock with almost 800m OS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mpeace:
IchimokuPilot:

N17

...Wrong my dear pilot !!
I wonder how and where u got the N17 Fair Price from.
...With the discount of their asset sale, Fair Price should be approx N27.
While without recourse to any discount, it is approx N34.

Using different models for computation should also give FVs around these range.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
debostar:
Please,has anybody received dividend from UBCAP this year?

I don chop my dividend 48hours ago

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
awesomeJ:

Funny for a stock with almost 800m OS.

Some of the shareholders may not even know that they own the stock. These are 'old' companies with 'old' shareholders. The company use to be called Longman. The only major book publishing company outside of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
phemmie06:

Morgan a minimum of 20k for start and Meristem 10k
but is the money going too be taken for the account.. Or I can still trade with the money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
ekesoft:
but is the money going too be taken for the account.. Or I can still trade with the money
Initial deposit it is all yours, if you like you can use it to buy Dáar communications or union diagnostics but in ten years you might not receive a dividend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
shigidi:

wanaj0:

And you think Nestle and Nigerian Breweries are in the same category??

Even Flour Mills MUST trade at a premium to Dangote Flour.

Any company with a PE >10.00 is a NO NO except it is a TURNAROUND

That growth rate is difficult to sustain.

Sir Wanajo while I agree that a PE less 10 is a better yardstick to guage the sustainability of their earnings, I believe u will also agree with me that DF is the epitome of a complete growth stock. ...and looking at the strength in their Nos, even a PE of 15 would never be any worry.
Again I just wonder if u were actually refering to Dangote Flour in the part of ur post in bold. ...I think it will be out of place and highly comical for anyone to doubt the sustainability of DFs growth rate, given were they are coming from.
...but that would be only if u would want to admit to the TRUTH BEHIND THE STRENGTH IN THEIR FIGURES.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
phemmie06:

Initial deposit it is all yours, if you like you can use it to buy Dáar communications or union diagnostics but in ten years you might not receive a dividend.
please which one should I pick

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
ekesoft:
okia... Tanx I just send yhu an email... For more private talks.. Tanx man
Questions are best asked here for different opinions which you will be able to pick from

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
onegentleguy:

Sir Wanajo while I agree that a PE less 10 is a better yardstick to guage the sustainability of their earnings, I believe u will also agree with me that DF is the epitome of a complete growth stock. ...and looking at the strength in their Nos, even a PE of 15 would never be any worry.
Again I just wonder if u were actually refering to Dangote Flour in the part of ur post in bold. ...I think it will be comical for anyone to doubt the sustainability of DFs growth rate, given were they are coming from.
...but that would be only if u would want to admit to the TRUTH BEHIND THEIR FIGURES.

Sustained earnings ? Yes. Sustained growth? Not so sure . Time will tell
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
phemmie06:

Questions are best asked here for different opinions which you will be able to pick from
thanks man..i agree with that....... Please what am I gonna fill deir... Since I don't have a standard source of income.... I really love ur help

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jejebaba:

Bad result from Lasaco, EPS dropped from 16k to 12k. No wonder the stock went south yesterday and I bought close to 2M units at 0.33, with 4 kobo dividend, dats 12.12% dividend yield. This stock might go south again next week based on the bad result.

I dont think its that bad as you claimed. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
ekesoft:
thanks man..i agree with that....... Please what am I gonna fill deir... Since I don't have a standard source of income.... I really love ur help
UUse any figure may be a million naira
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mcy56:

I dont think its that bad as you claimed. lipsrsealed
Thinking of doing JIJO here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
gamaliel9:

I have received the following in that order
APR-tuesday
UCAP-wednesday
Afriland-thursday

all this week
Thanks for sharing this info
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
wanaj0:

Some of the shareholders may not even know that they own the stock. These are 'old' companies with 'old' shareholders. The company use to be called Longman. The only major book publishing company outside of Ibadan.
Great thoughts.
Many thanks sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
wanaj0:

So a PE of 12 ok ooo
Are you talking about DF? I stand to be corrected though because the PE should be around 5.5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
kolaish:
Are you talking about DF? I stand to be corrected though because the PE should be around 5.5
Hope you did not include the proceeds from asset sale in your calculation. They will not sell any asset this year o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
ekesoft:
please which one should I pick
Cash account is the best options for the following reasons:
1. You can place a buy order immediately you sell a particular stock, instead of waiting for T+3 days.
2. You don't need to pay for Stamp charges to refund your account except you are injecting new funds into your account

(1) (2) (3) ... (3367) (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), talktofemi and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.