Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10899814 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
I don talk say eterna no fit give 50k
This stock will be thoroughly flogged next week. Thank God I left with my small easter profit. Atleast the money I made from it will buy me one ewu awusa, rice and enough drinks this easter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
Stopped here, grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thw best results for me so far are Seplat, and Zenith. Others are playing catch up...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
tritritri:
No one is talkin abt dangsugar result ? I think it one of the best !

yea, DSR is one of the best and will still do well this year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
DS no near best for me. But I like their cash position. plenty cash

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:02am On Mar 31, 2018
wanaj0:

Why is DF a growth stock? They will be competing with market leader (Flour Mills), Northern Nigerian Flour Mills and HoneyWell Flour and many smaller unquoted flour milling companies. To grow revenue, they either increase production lines or increase price. Which one are they planning to do? Having exited the noodles business what does that say about the revenue? Do you expect them to eat into the market share of the market leader? Now that Flour Mills have completed their rights issue, don't you think they are better positioned to expand?

So using PORTER'S 5 forces, what is unique about Dangote Flour??

Happy investing.

Sorry I was a bit busy earlier.

Yes FLOURMILLS is the clear market leader ahead of DF, so it's only natural that using porters 5 forces flourmills should be in a better stead than DF. ...same way DF is in a far much better stead ahead of the other coys u mentioned.
However, this can not take away the fact that DF is favourably placed to compete with flourmills. ...at least their recent performances lays credence to that for now, and looking ahead, we all know what the man behind the name can do.
Again I agree that at some point they would need to boost/expand their capacity drive by adding to production lines and/or product pricing to continually sustain revenue growth. ...but it would be wrong to assume that their revenue and margins would take a hit with with the recent divestment from their noodles arm if they fail to do so.
For if that was the case, then am sure that Alhaji AD would not have tore that path. ...more so, I wouldn't be seen some of the very healthy Nos I see in their result right now.
Dont forget that before the divestment, the noodles arm was already of a dwindling investment return. ...it's also imortant to note that before then, that arm was the least contributor of revenue drive (less 20% at some point).
That explains why the folks from tiger brands couldn't manage the trend as at the time. ...and so been the shrewd businessman he is, Alhaji did what needed to be done following his return.
...so it makes good sense to believe that with DF now focused on their core business strength (flour & pasta), which hitherto was the major profit driver, the company would be better placed to grow their revenue and drive profitability from a more robust earnings.
But don't take my word for it Sir. ...take the words from the good Nos we are presently seen in their result. ...take the words from the progressive performances of DANGOTE FLOUR !!

...my 2 cents.

But let's just wait and see how the future puts things in perspective though.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:02am On Mar 31, 2018
ekesoft:
thanks man..i agree with that....... Please what am I gonna fill deir... Since I don't have a standard source of income.... I really love ur help
phemmie06:

UUse any figure may be a million naira

Since the path about estimated net worth and estimated annual income are not marked with asterisk (ie the red symbol), it would be best u leave them blank.
...it simply means its not compulsory for u to fill those areas.
Just fill out the areas that are marked with asterisk and those u might likely have the need for.

Good luck to u my dear !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:58am On Mar 31, 2018
currentprice:
DS no near best for me. But I like their cash position. plenty cash

grin

I understand where ur coming from my dear.
For me the best of the best results so far have come from CAVERTON, SAPLET PETROLEUM, CUSTODIAN and ZENITH.

But the likes of OKOMU OIL PALM, DANGOTE FLOUR, DANGOTE SUGAR and CCNN have no doubt also performed creditably well !!
Dangote Flours PAT and EPS growth of approx 450% and 430% and the near similar growth indices in Dangote Sugar is to say the least very impressive. ...their performance together with those up, were indeed all-touching !!

That said, I believe the next line of good results shall come from the likes of UPL, CUTIX and to some extent FIDELITY and WEMA BANK.
Particularly UPL. ...for that coy will blow people's mind in the very near term !! wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:46am On Mar 31, 2018
IS THE MARKET (NSE) READY FOR "RESURRECTION"? grin grin grin

Looking at the NSE close last trading day, candlestick pattern shows an engulfing candle, which Technically indicate possibility of reversal from downtrend. But the engulfing candle appearance has no meaning if its occurrence is not at the demand level (Support) and also weak volume is not encouraging - Chart 1. Weekly candlestick shows indecision in the market, meaning possibility of downtrend continuation or a reversal to uptrend... - Chart 2

Before I can start picking stocks to buy, I need a close of NSE index above the dotted black line as shown in Chart 1, but preferably I need the market to fall further to the anticipated level (highlight). Then we can flow with the market if such engulfing candle/bullish pin-bar appears at the highlighted zone.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter.

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 2:57am On Mar 31, 2018
BullBearMkt:

Looking at the NSE close last trading day, candlestick pattern shows an engulfing candle, which Technically indicate possibility of reversal from downtrend. But the engulfing candle appearance has no meaning if its occurrence is not at the demand level (Support) and also weak volume is not encouraging - Chart 1. Weekly candlestick shows indecision in the market, meaning possibility of downtrend continuation or a reversal to uptrend... - Chart 2

Before I can start picking stocks to buy, I need a close of NSE index above the dotted black line as shown in Chart 1, but preferably I need the market to fall further to the anticipated level (highlight). Then we can flow with the market if such engulfing candle/bullish pin-bar appears at the highlighted zone.

grin grin grin grin grin

Good to hear from you BBM. Welcome back from your sabbatical leave.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:05am On Mar 31, 2018
Coolcash1:

Good to hear from you BBM. Welcome back from your sabbatical leave.... grin
.thanks @Coolcash1
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Joyoustimmy: 4:33am On Mar 31, 2018
Good day investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 31, 2018
UACN result is out.

65kobo dividend.

Poor results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 31, 2018
I believe more results will come out today. Especially the banks we are yet to see.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 5:59am On Mar 31, 2018
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

Welcome BBM, been expecting the 5 smiles. It is a good sign of things to come.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:48am On Mar 31, 2018
RabbiDoracle:
I believe more results will come out today. Especially the banks we are yet to see.
Today? Saturday? I doubt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:52am On Mar 31, 2018
RabbiDoracle:
UACN result is out.

65kobo dividend.

Poor results.

Can you provide a link to that?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Can you provide a link to that?

It is on NSE. Check it.

NAHCO is there too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GTay(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:48am On Mar 31, 2018
onegentleguy:

Sorry I was a bit busy earlier.

Yes FLOURMILLS is the clear market leader ahead of DF, so it's only natural that using porters 5 forces flourmills should be in a better stead than DF. ...same way DF is in a far much better stead ahead of the other coys u mentioned.
However, this can not take away the fact that DF is favourably placed to compete with flourmills. ...at least their recent performances lays credence to that for now, and looking ahead, we all know what the man behind the name can do.
Again I agree that at some point they would need to boost/expand their capacity drive by adding to their production lines and/or product pricing to continually sustain revenue growth. ...but it would be wrong to assume that their revenue and margins would take a hit with with the recent divestment from their noodles arm if they fail to do so.
For if that was the case, then am sure that Alhaji AD would not have tore that path. ...more so, I wouldn't be seen some of the very healthy Nos I see in their result right now.
Dont forget that before the divestment, the noodles arm was already of a dwindling investment return. ...it's also imortant to note that before then, that arm was the least contributor of revenue drive (less 20% at some point).
That explains why the folks from tiger brands couldn't manage the trend as at the time. ...and so been the shrewd businessman he is, Alhaji did what needed to be done following his return.
...so it makes good sense to believe that with DF now focused on their core business strength (flour & pasta), which hitherto was the major profit driver, the company would be better placed to grow their revenue and drive profitability from a more robust earnings.
But don't take my word for it Sir. ...take the words from the good Nos we are presently seen in their result. ...take the words from the progressive performances of DANGOTE FLOUR !!

...my 2 cents.

But let's just wait and see how the future puts things in perspective though.

THANKS. We have seen many times that Alhaji struggle to compete anytime the market becomes a free for all. That's why he cashed out of the Flour Business initially.

The Noodles division is a good example. Get to ANY market and see the number of Noodles on offer! Competition is stiff. With stiff competition, your best bet is going the NBL route of acquiring your competitors to create a 'monopoly'. Unfortunately, the flour milling business is so fragmented. So a 50% growth in revenue year on year is unsustainable. To achieve ANYTHING close, you either increase price, increase capacity (or new product) or do both. Now the market is FINITE with many competitors. So there is a limit to that. With the numerous competition there is a LIMIT. So expecting him to sustain current performance is wishful thinking.

Anytime Alhaji get into a competitive landscape, he struggles! He require monopolies to thrive. That is why his favourite investment are ones in which there is HIGH barrier of entry for competitors.

There is a reason why he failed in Banking and struggling in upstream oil and gas and did nothing with Telecomms.

Watch this space.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 7:56am On Mar 31, 2018
wanaj0:

THANKS. We have seen many times that Alhaji struggle to compete anytime the market becomes a free for all. That's why he cashed out of the Flour Business initially.

The Noodles division is a good example. Get to ANY market and see the number of Noodles on offer! Competition is stiff. With stiff competition, your best bet is going the NBL route of acquiring your competitors to create a 'monopoly'. Unfortunately, the flour milling business is so fragmented. So a 50% growth in revenue year on year is unsustainable. To achieve ANYTHING close, you either increase price, increase capacity (or new product) or do both. Now the market is FINITE with many competitors. So there is a limit to that. With the numerous competition there is a LIMIT. So expecting him to sustain current performance is wishful thinking.

Anytime Alhaji get into a competitive landscape, he struggles! He require monopolies to thrive. That is why his favourite investment are ones in which there is HIGH barrier of entry for competitors.

There is a reason why he failed in Banking and struggling in upstream oil and gas and did nothing with Telecomms.

Watch this space.

But he is not a monopoly in Sugar. Seems to be thriving quite well there

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2018
shigidi:

But he is not a monopoly in Sugar. Seems to be thriving quite well there

How many SUGAR refining companies do we have?

Are the likes of Elder Demspter still allowed to import Sugar?

Look at the fight going on now in the Cement sector. See how BUA is giving him a run for his money?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:44am On Mar 31, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

It is on NSE. Check it.

NAHCO is there too.

How much dividend are we expecting from NAHCO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:57am On Mar 31, 2018
wanaj0:

Look at the fight going on now in the Cement sector. See how BUA is giving him a run for his money?

Where is the Sugar refinery of Elder Dempster? Where is the Sugar cane plantation of Elder Dempster?

Flour Mills is number 2 in sugar production in Nigeria. Market rumour has it that Flour Mills of Nigeria may spin off the sugar production subsidiary of the company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Where is the Sugar refinery of Elder Dempster? Where is the Sugar cane plantation of Elder Dempster?

Flour Mills is number 2 in sugar production in Nigeria. Market rumour has it that Flour Mills of Nigeria may spin off the sugar production subsidiary of the company
Thier most recent investment is a 50billion naira sugar estate in niger state!Sugar is sweet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 9:30am On Mar 31, 2018
veecovee:
reduced my holdings in livestock very early toady, however still have reasonable quantity that I wouldn't sell till it gets to N2 despite how long it takes. I read some weeks ago that uacn will push some Nbillion to livestock from their resent concluded right offers

I think it's a wise decision and that's if not a trader as the current major owners of the company are trusted (no cooking of results/good corporate governance/protects shareholders interest/done it before) and there's real optimism they will deliver again but like one of the team player here always say - Mr Time will tell. Please plan your trade and trade your plan! Shalom!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2018
wanaj0:

Elder Dempster had been importing Sugar into the country when Dangote was a kid, what stopped him from seeing the bigger picture and bigger market by moving from importation to production and manufacturing.. What stopped him from opening up ownership of the company and listing the company on the stock exchange?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

How much dividend are we expecting from NAHCO

I'm seeing 25kobo in the report.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 9:36am On Mar 31, 2018
wanaj0:

Watch this space.

I think you are right. Dangote hates market competition with passion and his perspective towards it is laced with odious disdain. He has tried and failed severally when competition is stiffed, in most cases he needs special intervention from government in order to stifle his market competitors. By the way, in Ibeto cement saga, we know what transpired. We also know his case against BUA group and so many uncountable others too numerous to elaborate.

That said, i have no doubt in my mind that his flour voyage will be a huge success as it is still constitute of about 50 percent of my portfolio which I brought at average price of 5.20k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:36am On Mar 31, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

So we are saying that we have ONLY two companies in the Sugar Industry and may likely become ONE at the end of the day. That is called MONOPOLY.

Like I stated before, he only plays in industry where there is high barrier of entry and with limited competition
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:59am On Mar 31, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Elder Dempster had been importing Sugar into the country when Dangote was a kid, what stopped him from seeing the bigger picture and bigger market by moving from importation to production and manufacturing.. What stopped him from opening up ownership of the company and listing the company on the stock exchange?

I don't work for Elder Dempster so cannot comment on their strategy.

I am only saying that Dangote plays successfully in sectors where we have HIGH barrier of entry or there is a monopoly. Feel free to disagree with that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Locotrader(m), jaybee3(m), Agbalowomeri and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.