Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10922282 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) ... (7766) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
phemmie06:

UUse any figure may be a million naira
thanks man
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=gamaliel9 post=66284196]I hope you understand @lancee..sorry i misplaced my statements doubly grin[/quot

Got u ..no probs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
phemmie06:

Thinking of doing JIJO here.
This has been my JIJO stock recently. I used to buy at 0.32 and 0.33 and sell at 0.37 and above. I never bought for dividend though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogedanny: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
Manonamission:

Mr Oge, some of the information in your website are inaccurate o. Specifically, dividend payment from Transcorp. When did Transcorp propose N4.4b dividend? You also claim N502m was paid the previous year......when? How? Where?

Check the financial statement
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
kolaish:
Are you talking about DF? I stand to be corrected though because the PE should be around 5.5

wanajo knows what he is saying bro. he is correct about the pe. he calculate forward pe @ 35 not at cp

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
awesomeJ:

Everything looks good with this one though.

DY at 14.43%,

EPS at 34.5k implying a 2.8x PE,

120% growth in PBT YoY.

CP, please what do you have for fair price?

House, anyone with any concern on the stock?

Kolaish, many thanks for the hint.

Audit shows concern in the trade receivables. Some are aged and should be written off.

This receivables will affect the current assets and consequently the intrinsic value of the stock.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jejebaba:

This has been my JIJO stock recently. I used to buy at 0.32 and 0.33 and sell at 0.37 and above. I never bought for dividend though.
Dividend kẹ̀? Buying for dividend without caution might make you loss your main capital cos of 0.04k, even JIJO will give more than the dividend

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
currentprice:

wanajo knows what he is saying bro. he is correct about the pe. he calculate forward pe @ 35 not at cp

grin
It looks like people don’t follow up on comments before posting. Oga Wanajo PE response was a reply to someone that gave fair value of 35 to Dangflour and Oga Wanajo commented the PE based on that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
mendes911:

Hmmm.

Expectation of dividend has been high for this stock. Without dividend, reversal might follow.

But I have been wrong before. Severally.

Expect a bonus from Alhaji this year and a dividend next year.

Enjoy your Easter weekend.

I am enjoying mine courtesy Afriland properties, APR and United capital.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
it not a suprise if DF failed to pay dividend, below is my prediction few month ago grin

currentprice:

i don't think the share price will suffer much if no dividend is declared unless there is a general mkt bearish grin
the best decision is for the shareholder to zero mind on DF dividend... if it comes we take it as a bonus from Alhaji, apart from the recovery into positive accumulated profit, DF have negative FCFE as at Q3. a good gauge to predict if a company hav d capacity to pay div

Alhaji has proved to the shareholder that DF have brighter future with the kind of result being released since taken over from tiger brand. as at Q3 DF fair price was N25, it was N18 if we did not consider the profit from sales of noddle.

assuming they achieve N2B profit for the last Q of 2017 in addition to Q3 i don't see how the mkt will punish this stock for not paying dividend this year.

my own opinion o grin

grin grin grin

despite the PAT DF still hav negative cash flow from equity. Alhaji try sha, 38% roe no be moi-moi o

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
ekesoft:
thanks man
You're welcome
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
onegentleguy:

Sir Wanajo while I agree that a PE less 10 is a better yardstick to guage the sustainability of their earnings, I believe u will also agree with me that DF is the epitome of a complete growth stock. ...and looking at the strength in their Nos, even a PE of 15 would never be any worry.
Again I just wonder if u were actually refering to Dangote Flour in the part of ur post in bold. ...I think it will be out of place and highly comical for anyone to doubt the sustainability of DFs growth rate, given were they are coming from.
...but that would be only if u would want to admit to the TRUTH BEHIND THE STRENGTH IN THEIR FIGURES.

Why is DF a growth stock? They will be competing with market leader (Flour Mills), Northern Nigerian Flour Mills and HoneyWell Flour and many smaller unquoted flour milling companies. To grow revenue, they either increase production lines or increase price. Which one are they planning to do? Having exited the noodles business what does that say about the revenue? Do you expect them to eat into the market share of the market leader? Now that Flour Mills have completed their rights issue, don't you think they are better positioned to expand?

So using PORTER'S 5 forces, what is unique about Dangote Flour??

Happy investing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mpeace:
Dividend yield of 6%. Its not bad but its not what pple expected. I think they. Made a loss in q4. q3 eps was 1.55, full year eps is 1.54.
Dangflour on the other hand had a lower PAT in q4. than in q2 and q3.
I think those eternal guys are traditionally stingy; typical naija firm. what stops them from paying 60kobo. I don't expectt much from honyflour either even if they have 5naira as e.p.s

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
I begooo I just checked my account and saw dividends of ucap, afriprud and afriland. I bought ucap and afriprud ... I do not understand afriland. How managed pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:
I begooo I just checked my account and saw dividends of ucap, afriprud and afriland. I bought ucap and afriprud ... I do not understand afriland. How managed pls

Please refund your dividend.

On a serious note, how long have you bought your UBA shares?

APR, Afriland properties and United capital shares were allocated to old shareholders of UBA when the listed companies were spun off from UBA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
yom2:
I think those eternal guys are traditionally stingy; typical naija firm. what stops them from paying 60kobo. I don't expectt much from honyflour either even if they have 5naira as e.p.s

40k dividend is not bad for those whose bought the stock for around N3.00 and below

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Asmaraabc: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:
Blessing from God for pastor, i think :-)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Please refund your dividend.

On a serious note, how long have you bought your UBA shares?

APR, Afriland properties and United capital shares were allocated to old shareholders of UBA when the listed companies were spun off from UBA
I do not still understand, will it continue like this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:
I do not still understand, will it continue like this

Visit Africa Prudential Registrars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Asmaraabc:

Blessing from God for pastor, i think :-)
taking what's not yours, demands restitution/restoration or consider eternity in hell

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
yom2:
I don talk say eterna no fit give 50k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Visit Africa Prudential Registrars
but, weather quoted or not, is "afriland properties" existing as a stock of its own in NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:
taking what's not yours, demands restitution/restoration or consider eternity in hell

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:

There was a time UBA gave every shareholders some units of her Subsidiaries Ucap, Afripru and Afriland properties . So Afriland will always be in your portfolio until you sell it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
currentprice:

grin grin grin
is it that funny to u grin? Hmmm! Its true ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

There was a time UBA gave every shareholders some units of her Subsidiaries Ucap, Afripru and Afriland properties . So Afriland will always be in your portfolio until you sell it.
thanks a million
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:
but, weather quoted or not, is "afriland properties" existing as a stock of its own in NSE

You need to open NASD account with your broker, provided he is licensed to trade on NASD.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:

I guess you just activated your e-dividend mandate with Africa Prudential Registrars, which made them to pay the 5 years backlog of your Afriland properties dividends.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
No one is talkin abt dangsugar result ? I think it one of the best !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
veecovee:
If it is big enough, you will giddy it, and plead the blood of Jesus; who died as a restitution for your sins.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
tritritri:
No one is talkin abt dangsugar result ? I think it one of the best !
I wonder o! People are heavily loaded in this stock, and I wonder why they're all pretending

(1) (2) (3) ... (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) ... (7766) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.