Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10882759 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3731) (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 812clothings(m): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hello house
Hailings to the gurus and ancestors of this sector.
Pls which penny stock can one invest in for dividend and growth purpose and other blue chip stocks that are around N5-8 that can stand the test of time.
At least make person Dey build portfolio wealth �

Feelamong ,Jamace and the rest pls I’m waiting for your replies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
Jejebabaa:

Pls learn from Oga Myjoy08 before you pay international tuitions fees as a local student in LAUTECH. Anyway, some people bought $ @ 500 NGN with the hope of selling when it gets to 1000 /$ as predicted by some analyst then.

grin grin grin My Oga, history would always find a way of repeating itself. This govt is clueless and negligence when it comes to what’s next concerning the economy. I just pity those who’s buying the handout from them. Anyway I bought all my $$$$ at average price of less than $300. Let’s continue to wait and see. 2019 is almost here. Edge your investment before it’s too late! All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:20am On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 5:52am On Jul 17, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Investors Dump Oando Shares Amid News of UK Court Ruling
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/07/16/investors-dump-oando-shares-amid-news-of-uk-court-ruling/

This idea of share holders dumping a stock ,I don't understand it oo. Did they dump it on the exchange and went away Somebody actually bought from them. If so why is it call dumping!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2018
Krisuba:

This idea of share holders dumping a stock ,I don't understand it oo. Did they dump it on the exchange and went away Somebody actually bought from them. If so why is it call dumping!!

This is a language commonly used in the stock markets.
When there are many sellers and no one willing to buy.
In that case the stock goes into full offer.
Two things should cause dumping.One,General bearishness in the market as a result of negative state of a nation(the one we are witnessing now) and a company bad news/poor results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:07am On Jul 17, 2018
MSCI- NIGERIA MOVEMENT FOR 16 JULY 2018

Yesterday 16 July 2018 was a low selling day by the fund. This presents some good opportunity for us to see some positive price movements in the market.

[/b]Just like we have been saying, this is not a time to chase the market. If we have not positioned at a good price in anticipation of the 2nd quarter results, buying after the prices have move up may be a recipe for losses.

I do not expect heavy selling by the fund again from now till the middle of next week, [b]thus the bulls have some rope length to play with before the bear spring is pulled again.

No table is attached today!!!

Using the fund’s portfolio as a guide, “green” mean buying while “red” is selling.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.
N:B

Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who is doubting the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:18am On Jul 17, 2018
locodemy:

This is a language commonly used in the stock markets.
When there are many sellers and no one willing to buy.
In that case the stock goes into full offer.
Two things should cause dumping.One,General bearishness in the market as a result of negative state of a nation(the one we are witnessing now) and a company bad news/poor results.

What you are witnessing is due to sell off by foreign investors as a result of the hike in Fed rates.

Surprisingly, Nigeria has done well when compared with other emerging markets.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2018
aremso:
House, pls i tried to get contract note for all the small small stocks i bought for online test run via morgan platform but i could not, please guru enlighten me abeg oo

Sir, please create time to go through Morgan's user manual as well, it is highly informative.
http://morgancapitalgroup.com/downloads/pdf/morgancapital_itrade_users_manual.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:35am On Jul 17, 2018
Mcy56:

Sir, please create time to go through Morgan's user manual as well.
http://morgancapitalgroup.com/downloads/pdf/morgancapital_itrade_users_manual.pdf

Na this kind of statement provoke Yayira the other time. Are you saying he has never "created" time before to go through Morgan's user manual? grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:37am On Jul 17, 2018
812clothings:
Hello house. Hailings to the gurus and ancestors of this sector.
Pls which penny stock can one invest in for dividend and growth purpose and other blue chip stocks that are around N5-8 that can stand the test of time. At least make person Dey build portfolio wealth �
Ancestors dey this thread? shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:40am On Jul 17, 2018
mendes911:
Na this kind of statement provoke Yay.. the other time. Are you saying he has never "created" time before to go through Morgan's user manual? grin tongue
I didn't say that o.
Besides, I don't think this oga is temperamental to the extent of taking harmless advice wrongly. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2018
Please house is their any corporate relationship between zenith and veiritas?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2018
phemmie06:

Father and Child (As in the beginning) ....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2018
That 1.5m units bid... Was it for real?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 9:56am On Jul 17, 2018
mendes911:

Father and Son....
LOL then why is Veritaskap yet to release her audited result? There's more to the delay.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:57am On Jul 17, 2018
phemmie06:

LOL then why is Veritaskap yet to release her audited result? There's more to the delay.

I was refering to Veritas Registrars...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2018
mendes911:

I was refering to Veritas Registrars...
My oga I thought Veritas registrars is a subsidiary of Veritas capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2018
phemmie06:

My oga I thought Veritas registrars is a subsidiary of Veritas capital

Veritas Registrars Limited was incorporated as Zenith Registrars Limited on 7th May 2004 to carry on Share Registration business in the Capital Market with a view to redefining registrar business in Nigeria

The company's name was changed to Veritas Registrars Limited in December 2013. The company started with a share capital base of N70m, and today has grown to N2.4 billion. We commenced operations precisely on March 21 2005 when we took over the management of the largest register then - Zenith Bank Plc from the previous regisitrar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2018
Mcy56:

Ancestors dey this thread? shocked shocked

Pa Emma and Sir Wanajo are ANCESTORS.
You can add yours ........... grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2018
phemmie06:
zenith was former parent company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2018
PETERiCHY:
Pa Emma and Sir Wanajo are ANCESTORS. You can add yours ........... grin
Chai!! Diaris God ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:39am On Jul 17, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Transcorp Grows H1 2018 Profit by 161% to N10.9b
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/07/16/transcorp-grows-h1-2018-profit-by-161-to-n10-9b/

This transcorp is looking more and more attractive by the day.

@ Wanajo, are there things one should worry about apart from this non controlling interest and the Tony factor?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2018
PETERiCHY:

Pa Emma and Sir Wanajo are ANCESTORS.
You can add yours ........... grin
grin grin grin
They'll not taste death. They will be transformed like Enoch.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2018
Mcy56:

Sir, please create time to go through Morgan's user manual as well, it is highly informative.

Many thanks, i called their office and i was told i cant get that unless i write requesting for it which i did and got response less than 7mins

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2018
812clothings:
Hello house
Hailings to the gurus and ancestors of this sector.
Pls which penny stock can one invest in for dividend and growth purpose and other blue chip stocks that are around N5-8 that can stand the test of time.
At least make person Dey build portfolio wealth �

Feelamong ,Jamace and the rest pls I’m waiting for your replies

ucap
afriprud
berger paint
custodian
fidelity
fcmb
vitafoam
transcurp

these are just my own pick oo, gurus in the house would bring out something better than these
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2018
According to Nairametrics:
‘’Honeywell has two business segment, Apapa, and Ikeja and it seems its future is dependent on what happens in its Ikeja segment. Honeywell’s Apapa division oversees its more profitable arm, the flour business while the Ikeja division is where operations of its loss-making Pasta making business is located. Of the N11 billion in operating profit it reported last year, N10 billion alone came from Apapa. Currently, Ikeja is operating at a loss while Apapa again is leading the charge with N7 billion in operating profit.’’

‘’The company expects its new factory in Ogun State to come on stream this year (earlier scheduled for 2018 Q1). The factory is projected to raise the total installed capacity of the company by 150% at its completion and will include 4 pasta lines with an installed capacity of 125,000 metric tonnes.’'

Currently I own about 100k units of Honeywell Flour shares.
Now I want to invest about 2 million naira.
Please I need an insider to help answer the below questions.

1. Why is the company trying to scale-up a loss making pasta line?
2. Why not simply install the 4 new pasta lines in Ikeja, hence you save on assets depreciation costs, human costs, and other associated costs that comes with starting-up a new plant?
3. Is the technology on the new lines the same as the old lines?
4. Is there any major change to the pasta (finished products) distribution network?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2018
aremso:
Many thanks, i called their office and i was told i cant get that unless i write requesting for it which i did and got response less than 7mins
You are welcome sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:25am On Jul 17, 2018
owoblow77:
According to Nairametrics:
‘’Honeywell has two business segment, Apapa, and Ikeja and it seems its future is dependent on what happens in its Ikeja segment. Honeywell’s Apapa division oversees its more profitable arm, the flour business while the Ikeja division is where operations of its loss-making Pasta making business is located. Of the N11 billion in operating profit it reported last year, N10 billion alone came from Apapa. Currently, Ikeja is operating at a loss while Apapa again is leading the charge with N7 billion in operating profit.’’

‘’The company expects its new factory in Ogun State to come on stream this year (earlier scheduled for 2018 Q1). The factory is projected to raise the total installed capacity of the company by 150% at its completion and will include 4 pasta lines with an installed capacity of 125,000 metric tonnes.’'

Currently I own about 100k units of Honeywell Flour shares.
Now I want to invest about 2 million naira.
Please I need an insider to help answer the below questions.

1. Why is the company trying to scale-up a loss making pasta line?
2. Why not simply install the 4 new pasta lines in Ikeja, hence you save on assets depreciation costs, human costs, and other associated costs that comes with starting-up a new plant?
3. Is the technology on the new lines the same as the old lines?
4. Is there any major change to the pasta (finished products) distribution network?

For number 2, I don't know about the application of Pioneer Status to this segment but that might be a plan to get incentives for 3-5 years. Dangote has consistently done this over the years in his Cement Business. I may be wrong though.

My oga's will comment more on this. "Ancestor" Wanaj0 might be in the best position to answer all questions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (3731) (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: teejay1334(m), Emumakpo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.